Page 53 of 286 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 7146

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Do you think that if I were to make a team of Paralyfusion, that Rotom (Fan Form) with Air Slash, Thunderbolt, Confuse Ray, and Thunder Wave would be good? The Air Slash would be good for flinching as well. This is slightly RNG realted, I know it's not directly related, but I'm RNGing it, and most people RNG for Competitive Teams. And any other ideas of Pokemon I should RNG?
    I AM FROM THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. IF YOU ARE TOO COPY AND PASTE THIS IN YOUR SIG

3DS FC: 2836-0208-8979

Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Oddish, Quilladin, and Swadloon

English Black FC: 1893 2202 1899 OT: Tarro

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    -RNG abuse actually takes skill. Trying to make a 1/1366, let alone 1/8192 event happen with luck til it happens screams you don't have a life.
    - The biggest draw to RNGed pokemon is for flawless IVs, which are way more useful than a color swap.
    - It's an exploitable in-game feature, just like EVs and IV breeding.
    - Nintendo notes that it is legal; it's not cheating by their own definitions.

Ok, I used a different seed for the shiny I got, and did 84 chatots, not counting in npcs moving, so do I randomly do less than 84 chatters until I get it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarro57 View Post
    Do you think that if I were to make a team of Paralyfusion, that Rotom (Fan Form) with Air Slash, Thunderbolt, Confuse Ray, and Thunder Wave would be good? The Air Slash would be good for flinching as well. This is slightly RNG realted, I know it's not directly related, but I'm RNGing it, and most people RNG for Competitive Teams. And any other ideas of Pokemon I should RNG?
    Togekiss is way better at that with Serene Grace.
    Use Seed Inspector to find out which seed you it by comparing your results with the frames.

I have claimed Giratina

Okay, thanks. So for the Togekisss, would I teach it Sweet Kiss, Thunder Wave, Air Slash, and something else like Aura Sphere? I'm going to stop talking about his after this post... Time to go to the Wi-Fi Room and look for a Togepi!
    I AM FROM THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. IF YOU ARE TOO COPY AND PASTE THIS IN YOUR SIG

-RNG abuse actually takes skill. Trying to make a 1/1366, let alone 1/8192 event happen with luck til it happens screams you don't have a life.
    - The biggest draw to RNGed pokemon is for flawless IVs, which are way more useful than a color swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ces View Post
    Ok, I used a different seed for the shiny I got, and did 84 chatots, not counting in npcs moving, so do I randomly do less than 84 chatters until I get it right?
    You're not giving any information, so how can you expect an answer?
    What experience do you have in RNGing?
    What is your nearest shiny frame (PID frame)?
    What is your starting frame?
    Have you tested your seed without chattering to make sure you are hitting it?

Most people find the NPCs around the daycare advance the PID by 2 - 6 frames, with 3 - 4 being the most common. It all depends how fast you are.

Spoiler:- Some of my hexa/penta-perfect RNG'd mons::

Quote Originally Posted by Kailassa View Post
    You're not giving any information, so how can you expect an answer?
    What experience do you have in RNGing?
    What is your nearest shiny frame (PID frame)?
    What is your starting frame?
    Have you tested your seed without chattering to make sure you are hitting it?

Most people find the NPCs around the daycare advance the PID by 2 - 6 frames, with 3 - 4 being the most common. It all depends how fast you are.
    1. None really, just a lot of watching videos and reading guides.
    2. 151 is what I chose.
    3. 77
    4. I'll check again.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    Last edited by Ces; 10th October 2011 at 11:39 PM.

I hatched a Rotom (Shiny) Earlier today before kaiser told me about the Togekiss, instead of Rotom. Just wanted to post it since I RNGed it, I will now start making seeds in Word Processing Class in my free time since I bring my Flash Drive! Then transfer them to Excel Documents.

1. None really, just a lot of watching videos and reading guides.
    2. 151 is what I chose.
    3. 77
    4. I'll check again.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    Are you using the 5th gen shiny egg finder or searching for gift pokemon in Time Finder?

I'm sceptical that you have a starting frame of 77. I've never seen one in the 70s, and I've collected 100s of seeds. How did you arrive at this figure?

If you are correct, try doing 68 - 72 chatters, and you should get the shiny you're after if you are consistent with all your timing. With my first shiny egg RNG I wasn't, and every new try the NPCs would advance the frame a little less than they had the try before, so beware of that if you're getting faster as you go.

Do you know you must record a new chatter after getting the chatots out of your computer for them to work?

Are you using the 5th gen shiny egg finder or searching for gift pokemon in Time Finder?

I'm sceptical that you have a starting frame of 77. I've never seen one in the 70s, and I've collected 100s of seeds. How did you arrive at this figure?

If you are correct, try doing 68 - 72 chatters, and you should get the shiny you're after if you are consistent with all your timing. With my first shiny egg RNG I wasn't, and every new try the NPCs would advance the frame a little less than they had the try before, so beware of that if you're getting faster as you go.

Do you know you must record a new chatter after getting the chatots out of your computer for them to work?
    I decided to restart, as I made a mistake last time. I think I may have it this time though, with a PID frame of 134 and starting from a 54. I'm just not sure if I'm hitting the seeds correctly.

Edit: OK, I think I'm just gonna start all over again.

I thought I knew what I was doing, apparently not.
    Last edited by Ces; 11th October 2011 at 1:22 AM.

I decided to restart, as I made a mistake last time. I think I may have it this time though, with a PID frame of 134 and starting from a 54. I'm just not sure if I'm hitting the seeds correctly.

Edit: OK, I think I'm just gonna start all over again.

I thought I knew what I was doing, apparently not.
    I think that's a stage everyone goes through when first trying to translate what they think they've learned into actions.

Just keep at it and you'll get there. Or, if you find you're banging your head against a brick wall, try working up to this by doing easier RNGs first. I started by RNGing non-shiny perfect Dittos for breeding, and then moved up to shiny pokemon, then did my shiny standing legends. Then breeding perfect shinies wasn't so hard.
    Last edited by Kailassa; 11th October 2011 at 1:57 AM.

I think that's a stage everyone goes through when first trying to translate what they think they've learned into actions.

Just keep at it and you'll get there. Or, if you find you're banging your head against a brick wall, try working up to this by doing easier RNGs first. I started by RNGing non-shiny perfect Dittos for breeding, and then moved up to shiny pokemon, then did my shiny standing legends. Then breeding perfect shinies wasn't so hard.
    Yeah, thanks for the help. I should probably start with something easier, I just wanted a shiny solosis so badly. Oh well, I'll probably have a better chance to get it if I learn more about RNGing.

Never rush RNGing. It will only make it harder and more frustrating. Believe me... lol

@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!#$%^&*()(*&^%$#%^&* my Timer0 be trolling me.

I have claimed Giratina

@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!#$%^&*()(*&^%$#%^&* my Timer0 be trolling me.
    Lol I am sorry to hear that Kaiser! Well this gal was trolling me as well but I got her anyways in the end. It's hard to RNG with a baby sister trying to mess with my ds.

#453 Croagunk | | Female |
    Nature: Jolly | Ability: Dry Skin | Characteristic: Somewhat vain.
    Date: 10/23/2011 | Hatched: Skyarrow Bridge | Met at Lvl. 1
    IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31 | Egg Move(s): Drain Punch

Hey guys, I was wondering if I could get some help. I'm a beginner at RNG and I'm trying to hatch a shiny solosis. I've watched many videos and did a few successful RNGs of Terrakion (hitting the seed correctly, getting the ivs I wanted). Here are my two screens of RNGReporter:

http://imageshack.us/f/510/rngsolosis1.png/
    http://imageshack.us/f/163/rngsolosis2.png/

The last pokemon I hatched was a female bold solosis with Magic guard (ability 2). The closest female ability 1 bold frame being frame 91, where frames 87,85, and 83 are all what I'm aiming for (shinies with magic guard). Do I just go back 4 chatters to get to 87? Or did I possibly make a big error earlier?

Edit: Do the cottonee and mincinno in the daycare count as wandering NPCs?
    Last edited by Ces; 11th October 2011 at 7:40 PM.

I don't know if I'm on the right thread, but I'm trying to breed a Modest Stunfisk and I'm trying to find the right EV raising band to get the right Hidden Power type. What do I have to do and what EV raising band do I have to use?

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Quote Originally Posted by Arceusgamer14 View Post
    I don't know if I'm on the right thread, but I'm trying to breed a Modest Stunfisk and I'm trying to find the right EV raising band to get the right Hidden Power type. What do I have to do and what EV raising band do I have to use?
    You should really ask in the Help thread.

Anyway, that's not how Hidden Power works. Certain IV spreads give certain types and powers, so you'll have to use a calculator (such as this) to find a spread. For example, if you wanted a Hidden Power Ice 70 spread, you could go for 31/30/30/31/31/31. Hidden Power breeding is near-impossible without the use of RNGing.

Furthermore, Hidden Power varies in strength. Just because the dude in the pokemon center says you have HP Ice doesn't mean it has 70 base power.

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    You should really ask in the Help thread.

Anyway, that's not how Hidden Power works. Certain IV spreads give certain types and powers, so you'll have to use a calculator (such as this) to find a spread. For example, if you wanted a Hidden Power Ice 70 spread, you could go for 31/30/30/31/31/31. Hidden Power breeding is near-impossible without the use of RNGing.
    My mistake. But thanks!

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

@Ces, you should use the Capture tab window. The 4th/5th Gen one could work fine, but I don't have experience with it. Just make sure to set up the Capture tab window as in this screenshot (Frame 8, etc.). Find a seed, and copy it into the main window. Then do as you normally do. If you want to get a shiny Solosis, you'll have to advance the PIDRNG to a PIDRNG frame with !!! next to it (tick Shiny Only).

Do you guys often do the same amount of chatters, to see if you've hit your seed? If so, how often? At least I think that's what Bearsfan said in his videos, that you can check your seed by doing the same amount of chatters, and if the pokemon is consistent, you're hitting your seed.

Edit: @ SpeedSuicine thanks for the tip, does the timer0 column matter? I'm just wondering because I believe I've had trouble with my timer0 before, and the nearby shiny frame is your target frame right?

Edit: I took a seed that had what I was looking for and copied it into the seed(hex) bar, clicked shiny only but the lowest frame for a shiny is 5000+. Do I just have to keep looking at seeds?
    Last edited by Ces; 11th October 2011 at 8:20 PM.

Do you guys often do the same amount of chatters, to see if you've hit your seed? If so, how often? At least I think that's what Bearsfan said in his videos, that you can check your seed by doing the same amount of chatters, and if the pokemon is consistent, you're hitting your seed.
    No, I don't. I just do the estimated amount of Chatters, and see if what I hatched matches up with RNG Reporter's main window. If it doesn't, then I know I haven't hit my seed. If I'm two or three away from my target, then I do two or three more/less Chatters.

Edit: @ SpeedSuicine thanks for the tip, does the timer0 column matter? I'm just wondering because I believe I've had trouble with my timer0 before, and the nearby shiny frame is your target frame right?
    I'm not certain about the timer0 column, but as for the nearby shiny frame, you shouldn't tick that. Tick Shiny Only in the main window, once you've found a seed (only input date, method, encounter type, IV frame, IVs, and IDs in the Seed Finder window).

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    No, I don't. I just do the estimated amount of Chatters, and see if what I hatched matches up with RNG Reporter's main window. If it doesn't, then I know I haven't hit my seed. If I'm two or three away from my target, then I do two or three more/less Chatters.

I'm not certain about the timer0 column, but as for the nearby shiny frame, you shouldn't tick that. Tick Shiny Only in the main window, once you've found a seed (only input date, method, encounter type, IV frame, IVs, and IDs in the Seed Finder window).
    Ok thanks again, one last question, do I just keep looking at seeds to find a shiny with the desired attributes and a low frame? As all the frames I'm getting are 1000+

Edit: I took a seed that had what I was looking for and copied it into the seed(hex) bar, clicked shiny only but the lowest frame for a shiny is 5000+. Do I just have to keep looking at seeds?
    You were doing ~31 chatters when using the set up you posted? That should have landed you near frame 80.

There are a few different ways one can do things. When breeding I use the shiny egg finder, set up just as you had it, except I use parents with good IVs and make sure I get a shiny egg with the exact IVs I'm after. Breeding is useful because it gives you access to egg moves.

So I set up the IVs and get a perfect, (or hidden power 70) shiny pokemon. Perhaps you'll try that when you've had more practice.

You should be able to get a shiny egg of the nature and ability you want without too many chatters, (you are using Chatots with a custom chatter?) if you are using parents from games with different languages to each other. I see you had it set to BW International.

The Timer0 column matters more for some games than for others. When RNGing in Black, like most people, I can ignore it, because I almost always get the same Timer0. When RNGing in White however, (also a legit game cartridge,) I get 50% of one timer value, and 50% of another. So I search for both at once, work out which value my game is giving when I want to RNG, and use seeds for that value until it flips. - A bit awkward, but I've got used to it.

Ok thanks again, one last question, do I just keep looking at seeds to find a shiny with the desired attributes and a low frame? As all the frames I'm getting are 1000+
    Just make the max frame like 200 so you don't see all of those big seeds.

Page 53 of 286 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast