Page 224 of 286 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274 ... LastLast
Results 5,576 to 5,600 of 7139

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Quote Originally Posted by Ashiya View Post
    Main window... as in the th gen time finder window? Or the first window of the RNG Reporter Beta?
    Main window is the first window that pops up when you open RNG reporter. The other window is typically referred to as Time Finder.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

so i found my target seed which is a hex flawless. i set my dsi clock and date to the date and time it said and then i launched the game a second before the target time. i held the Y button (it said to) up to until the GF comet had disappeared and then started mashing A. i turned cgear off and then as soon as the game loaded i sweet scented (my IV frame is 1 so i don't have to advance it right?). after i caught the pokemon i found i checked its IVs however they weren't flawless. no biggie i thought and just tried again however i just keep ending up with the same pokemon... am i doing something wrong?
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Main window is the first window that pops up when you open RNG reporter. The other window is typically referred to as Time Finder.
    so for the method 5 it would be the GEN 5 PIDRNG option?
    On Hiatus playing FF14 ARR

Yes it would be.

okay thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi9 View Post
    so i found my target seed which is a hex flawless. i set my dsi clock and date to the date and time it said and then i launched the game a second before the target time. i held the Y button (it said to) up to until the GF comet had disappeared and then started mashing A. i turned cgear off and then as soon as the game loaded i sweet scented (my IV frame is 1 so i don't have to advance it right?). after i caught the pokemon i found i checked its IVs however they weren't flawless. no biggie i thought and just tried again however i just keep ending up with the same pokemon... am i doing something wrong?
    It's tough to tell. It's possible it's your timer0 value fluctuating, or you might be a little off on your timing. Try searching the adjacent seeds of your target to see if what you are getting is there.

Question.... And sorry if I keep asking soo many! >< When choosing a SEED, it has to be one that has the same encounter slots as your desired pokemon? A.k.a like Ditto in the Giant Chasm, which his are slots 3 and 6?

Btw, I keep finding out little things that I do wrong, which is very good! Because now it's becoming so much more easier to understand (。┰ω┰。)
    On Hiatus playing FF14 ARR

does anyone know what delay there is on a DSi? I've heard from some people that its 1 sec like on a ds but then from some I've heard its 8 sec and then dorm others that its 3 sec... does anyone actually know what delay it is?
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Quote Originally Posted by Ashiya View Post
    Question.... And sorry if I keep asking soo many! >< When choosing a SEED, it has to be one that has the same encounter slots as your desired pokemon? A.k.a like Ditto in the Giant Chasm, which his are slots 3 and 6?

Btw, I keep finding out little things that I do wrong, which is very good! Because now it's becoming so much more easier to understand (。┰ω┰。)
    if you want a specific pokemon then yes, the encounter slot is very important. If you dont care for a shiny pokemon though, just use a syncronizer and find a frame that has the right encounter slot and a syncable nature, it shouldnt be to hard to find a low frame like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi9 View Post
    does anyone know what delay there is on a DSi? I've heard from some people that its 1 sec like on a ds but then from some I've heard its 8 sec and then dorm others that its 3 sec... does anyone actually know what delay it is?
    3DS is 8 seconds and i have heard mixed things about the DSi as well. it ranges from 1-3 seconds but i dont own a DSi so thats just hearsay. The easiest way to find out your delay on your DSi is to just find your parameters again. If you enter your game at 12:09:30 and your actual secons is 31, our delay is 1, if your actual seconds is 32, your delay is 2 and so on and so forth.

People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

3DS is 8 seconds and i have heard mixed things about the DSi as well. it ranges from 1-3 seconds but i dont own a DSi so thats just hearsay. The easiest way to find out your delay on your DSi is to just find your parameters again. If you enter your game at 12:09:30 and your actual secons is 31, our delay is 1, if your actual seconds is 32, your delay is 2 and so on and so forth.
    I thought it was 8 seconds but i was not sure he asked me in my vm but i was not sure...thanks for helping him dewey...since i don't have a dsi i was clueless on that part lol

master league fairy gym leader
    TEF Guild~TEF Spreedsheet~ TEF Tournaments~TEF Xat~5th gen rngs ~4th gen rng ~ RNG events~ Yugioh Club
    Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch824

just had a sudden thought. What happens if you are trying to get a shiny shednija through RNGing. is it a gift pokemon? or something else?
    im not currently trying to get it i was just wondering.
    Alder is the only trainer with any kind of life, whilst the others all sit around waiting for you to come he actually does stuff
    Black team:
    my SS friend code: 5071 8957 0494
    my Black friend code:1807 7435 2952

RNGing is legitimate, it takes time and effort unlike hacking
    My Awesome Trade shop (click the Magikarp)

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemans man View Post
    just had a sudden thought. What happens if you are trying to get a shiny shednija through RNGing. is it a gift pokemon? or something else?
    im not currently trying to get it i was just wondering.
    You would just RNG the Nincada, which is either a wild RNG or a breed, and once Nincada evolved (and if you have an empty space in your party with a pokeball in you bag) you would get both Ninjask and Shedinja

You would just RNG the Nincada, which is either a wild RNG or a breed, and once Nincada evolved (and if you have an empty space in your party with a pokeball in you bag) you would get both Ninjask and Shedinja
    so practically it will pass the iv's down of the ninjask as to the shedinja right? so both will have the same iv's...thats intreasting to know

TEF Guild~TEF Spreedsheet~ TEF Tournaments~TEF Xat~5th gen rngs ~4th gen rng ~ RNG events~ Yugioh Club
    Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch824

5th Gen Stationary abuse help.

I am currently going for a Shiny IV'd Kyurem, and have a few problems. My IVRNG works fine and I can hit my seed very well (excluding those times Timer0 steals my bacon) and the IVs always come out great. However, when I do the PiDRNG, It always comes out wrong. I can never track where I start my frame because a set of 3 adjacent frames never match up when I test them. I input my ID / Sid correctly and check them, and the frames on the screen never match with what my game spits out. My question is, what could be wrong with my PiDRNG settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    so practically it will pass the iv's down of the ninjask as to the shedinja right? so both will have the same iv's...thats intreasting to know
    It is essentially identical to the Nincada/Ninjask. It has the same EVs, IVs, characteristic, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Rayce View Post
    I can never track where I start my frame because a set of 3 adjacent frames never match up when I test them.
    What do you mean? Just calculate the initial PIDRNG frame in the main window and subtract that from your target frame. That gives you the amount of advances required.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    It is essentially identical to the Nincada/Ninjask. It has the same EVs, IVs, characteristic, etc..
    also yeah thats what i mean same poke same iv's and etc. anyway going back to my hunt for legendaries on soulsilver seeing if any of my shiny iv spreads are even decent enough...if not oh well...

edit: so far its sucks LOL

also got a question about 4th generation stationaries if they are genderless does it matter to use cute charm cuaz on my results it comes up on all of them...

I can never track where I start my frame because a set of 3 adjacent frames never match up when I test them
    why didn't i see this before you know what i think your doing what i was doing when i tried to rng stationaries...you just take the intial frame the main reporter gave you and subtract the actual frame your trying to hit to get it...i think your thinking of breeding the 5 frame thing with the chatot which thats where i goofed you don't need to test your frame your on for stationaries to find your flips like breeding does...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 11th July 2012 at 7:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    See, I have a female Growlithe that has perfect IVs in HP, Attack, Sp. Attack and Speed and if I want to EV train her, which of those should I train her at and she also has the Pokerus?
    What's her nature?

You should ask here in the future, by the way.

What do you mean? Just calculate the initial PIDRNG frame in the main window and subtract that from your target frame. That gives you the amount of advances required.
    Yeah, thats my problem, my initial PIDRNG frame doesnt match what the game puts out with no advances. With the correct advances, it doesnt match what it should be either. The frames are just... off.

Yeah, thats my problem, my initial PIDRNG frame doesnt match what the game puts out with no advances. With the correct advances, it doesnt match what it should be either. The frames are just... off.
    Does what the game gives with no advances match any of the PID frames in the main window?

you may not be hitting the time right at all if you got the correct flips to get him...hmmmm....i had a similar problem but with the shiny frame i was not hitting but got the time right though which i found out i subtracted wrong...for your case it may just not hitting the right time, presses(if any) and etc...

also does anyone know about the cute charm thing for stationaries for 4th generation? i would like to know if i should ignore it or not cuaz most of the stationaries are genderless besides heatran right?all my results are cute charm for a flawless timid hp grass moltres...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 11th July 2012 at 8:07 PM.

also does anyone know about the cute charm thing for stationaries for 4th generation? i would like to know if i should ignore it or not cuaz most of the stationaries are genderless besides heatran right?all my results are cute charm for a flawless timid hp grass moltres...
    Yes, ignore that for legendaries, since they're genderless. I had to use a Synchronizer for my Timid HP Grass Moltres. You'll have to go beyond a maximum delay of 6000 to find those frames.

Yes, ignore that for legendaries, since they're genderless. I had to use a Synchronizer for my Timid HP Grass Moltres. You'll have to go beyond a maximum delay of 6000 to find those frames.
    okay thanks thats what i though...yeah they were all cute charm so i was like wth....thanks...me and my clan member were like im not sure lol...he never had that before

Hey so I have never RNG'ed before.

I am totally lost at how to do it. Is it considered legitimate? Less so than Masuda Method of shiny breeding?

I mean I might get less personal satisfaction from RNG'ing a shiny pokemon than Maduda Method, but I have done neither. Either way, I have never RNG'ed before and I am completely lost at how to do it.

Any tips/advice? What do I need to do it? I read the first post, but I still got a bit confused.

First Playthrough: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Quote Originally Posted by PocketMonstre View Post
    Hey so I have never RNG'ed before.

I am totally lost at how to do it. Is it considered legitimate? Less so than Masuda Method of shiny breeding?

I mean I might get less personal satisfaction from RNG'ing a shiny pokemon than Maduda Method, but I have done neither. Either way, I have never RNG'ed before and I am completely lost at how to do it.

Any tips/advice? What do I need to do it? I read the first post, but I still got a bit confused.
    yes rnging is legit eventhough some people like to argue about it :/ its just your just finding the shiny faster and with better iv's...also first of all are you doing 5th gen rnging and what would like to do stationary/wild first?

if your doing fifth gen here is a guide for the beginning...i was confused at first when i started too...
    http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part1

also check out bearsfan video it a really helpful tip for rnging it made more sense when i watched it...its on the front page...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 11th July 2012 at 8:52 PM.

Does what the game gives with no advances match any of the PID frames in the main window?
    There are a few single matches, but when I compare it to the next frame with one advance, it isnt what it should be.

you may not be hitting the time right at all if you got the correct flips to get him...hmmmm....i had a similar problem but with the shiny frame i was not hitting but got the time right though which i found out i subtracted wrong...for your case it may just not hitting the right time, presses(if any) and etc...
    I hit my times correctly because my IV's are as expected, but nature and shinyness is always off so I know I'm having a problem with my PIDRNG.

Page 224 of 286 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274 ... LastLast