Page 271 of 286 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,775 of 7146

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

That's what I thought. I've got the box ticked for b/w2 on the main screen so that should not be an issue. I've not done a shiny before so I could be missing something. Might try and find another seed and give that a go.
    Pokemon Y: FC: 4124-5059-9608
    Safari: rock type: Dwebble; Corsola; Barbaracle

Spoiler:- Gen V:

Did you check the memory link? (if you did that already)

I've heard that it can mess with your starting pidrng frames
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

That's the most likely culprit. Memory Link will slightly alter the PIDRNG starting frames to be slightly lower than they were before (in most cases, some seeds aren't affected).

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu View Post
    Both in the main window and for the profile.
    oh god thanks im doing everything right then...im in castella and im still not hitting nothing -_- well ill have to figure out what wrong then what im doing...also this is a really stupid question but if you breeding a all female or all male don't pay attention to the gender percentage boxes right? there now 100% so im doing the logic that it really donesn't matter looking at that...

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    oh god thanks im doing everything right then...im in castella and im still not hitting nothing -_- well ill have to figure out what wrong then what im doing...also this is a really stupid question but if you breeding a all female or all male don't pay attention to the gender percentage boxes right? there now 100% so im doing the logic that it really donesn't matter looking at that...
    If it is only one gender then you can leave the gender field blank as it doesn;t matter. In fact, the field usually says Fixed Gender/Don't Care/Genderless, so if it is a fixed gender or if you just don't care, leaving it blank will just allow you to find more seeds.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Thanks for the advice Agonist and Fallen Icarus.

To my knowledge I've not used the memory link function in my game. Although I'm a bit ignorant on that front and don't know what I have to do to enable it.

I decided to check another seed I was hitting when I was being Timer0 trolled and 14 advances put me exactly where I should have been. Does this coincide with you saying memory link can affect some seeds but not all?

Thanks

The memory function is where you connect with your black/white 1 game and it allows various things to appear in your game, like flashbacks and n's pokemon.

That seed might have just been weird if you haven't done memory link. Some seeds are just like that

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    If it is only one gender then you can leave the gender field blank as it doesn;t matter. In fact, the field usually says Fixed Gender/Don't Care/Genderless, so if it is a fixed gender or if you just don't care, leaving it blank will just allow you to find more seeds.
    oh okay thanks i normally just leave it blank anyway XD it works fine and i get more searches i guess...thanks alot dewey ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Icarus View Post
    The memory function is where you connect with your black/white 1 game and it allows various things to appear in your game, like flashbacks and n's pokemon.

That seed might have just been weird if you haven't done memory link. Some seeds are just like that
    i see yeah i memory linked it alright cuaz i thought it might help something but yeah im trying to rng keldeo and yeah it may just be a weird seed...i had not much trouble with genesecet...

edit: eventhough i just reliezed about that response was for pidj it still is useful to know these stuff and it might explain why im having trouble too...acutally tbh i remember having trouble with cressilia as well still...i might have a weird seed as well...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 21st March 2013 at 5:53 PM.

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

Well im glad that it helped both Pidj and you eeveelover ^^

If you fail to achieve the seed a lot of times, say 20 times, you may just want to look up a new seed.
    It would be faster, and save you a lot of stress

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Icarus View Post

Thanks again. I've not done the memory link yet. I'll calk it up to a weird seed then. Quite annoying though!

EDIT: Just put the seed into RNG reporter again on the main screen and ticked memory link - hey presto starting frame is 4 earlier, which coincides with what I found. It is weird though because I am adamant that I have not done the memory link yet.
    Last edited by Pidj; 21st March 2013 at 7:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pidj View Post
    Thanks again. I've not done the memory link yet. I'll calk it up to a weird seed then. Quite annoying though!
    if you feel better im also having trouble rnging my keldeo and cressilia on that same cartage...i think he helped me too cuaz i did check both boxes on the reporter for memory link cuaz i i did and still having trouble...i think the reporter isn't finished yet or something cuaz my genesect i rnged without the memory link before i memory link i hit fine in castella...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    if you feel better im also having trouble rnging my keldeo and cressilia on that same cartage...i think he helped me too cuaz i did check both boxes on the reporter for memory link cuaz i i did and still having trouble...i think the reporter isn't finished yet or something cuaz my genesect i rnged without the memory link before i memory link i hit fine in castella...
    I feel your pain... but tonight I got really lucky. I hit the Cresselia first time! Good luck with your Keldeo!

Quote Originally Posted by Pidj View Post
    I feel your pain... but tonight I got really lucky. I hit the Cresselia first time! Good luck with your Keldeo!
    thanks ^_^ and awesome i need to try it again...i think my seed is not right >.> cuaz i keep not hitting it but thank you and congrats ^_^

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

I hate the LR Keys. They were working fine until recently... I kept wondering why I wasn't getting the right IVs for a wild encounter and then I decided to blow on the bumper keys to see if there was dirt or something getting in the way. It worked but now I have to keep doing it everytime I want to RNG something.

I was just wondering, I RNGd my TID SID in black for a low shiny frame. The seed uses the R key. If I was to get a new DS lite (the one I have was second-hand so yeah) would I loose that low shiny frame? I really hope not cos I wasn't planning on playing through black again...

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    I hate the LR Keys. They were working fine until recently... I kept wondering why I wasn't getting the right IVs for a wild encounter and then I decided to blow on the bumper keys to see if there was dirt or something getting in the way. It worked but now I have to keep doing it everytime I want to RNG something.

I was just wondering, I RNGd my TID SID in black for a low shiny frame. The seed uses the R key. If I was to get a new DS lite (the one I have was second-hand so yeah) would I loose that low shiny frame? I really hope not cos I wasn't planning on playing through black again...
    I would think you would since the MAC code (or whatever) would change too.

Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    I would think you would since the MAC code (or whatever) would change too.
    Damn, I thought so but I was hoping I was wrong. Does Nintendo still fix ds lites?

I know the hinges are broken on my DS lite but I reckon that could be easilly fixed with a screw driver which should help the bumper keys but I've never tried this befor...

Easiest solution is to just find a seed that doesn't use L/R. In RNG Reporter, there's an option in the profile that will ignore seeds that require L/R keypresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Easiest solution is to just find a seed that doesn't use L/R. In RNG Reporter, there's an option in the profile that will ignore seeds that require L/R keypresses.
    Yeah I know, it just limits my search.

I'n pretty sure Nintendo still fixes Ds lites. I got my microphone fixed not long ago.
    Its fairly expensive though, so you may just want to rng a new seed.

Like agonist said, just take the L+R buttons out of the search. It may shorten your search, but probably not by that much

Can rng pokemon join the wi fi event league ?? Or is it banned??

Its not banned because its perfectly legal.

Nintendo only checks for hacks, and rngs wont be picked up as hacks, as they're not.
    I think hacks have some type of code that que nintendo in.

31 ivs in all stats with shiny may raise some eyebrows however

Even the shiny flawless rnged pokemons us also allowed to enter right?? what about event pokes??

Quote Originally Posted by Kiy7866 View Post
    Even the shiny flawless rnged pokemons us also allowed to enter right?? what about event pokes??
    Entered in what? They're allowed in official VGC competitions so anything that disallows them is laughable imo.
    I hate how people covet events and treat them as if they have value, so I make all my events free to everyone. Don't be a jerk and treat them as if they have value by adding them to your thread. Random female DW Pokémon - please use these for breeding purposes only.

I have an entire Shiny RNG'd team that I use for Wifi and VGC competitions. It's fine at VGC but online people assume you're a cheat and will DC on me when I beat them
    Really wish you could edit the message your character says at the beginning entirely because I'd put "I RNG, get over it!"

xD that'd be funny. Orr....
    something else.

My message right now is.. "What do you think of LOSS?"

A question is in VGC tournaments do they know about rng?
    Or do they just assume, that since you dont have any residue of hacking, that you were just really, really lucky?

Page 271 of 286 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281 ... LastLast