Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Club Battle Hearts of Fury, Emolga Versus Sawk! (702)

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Tranquills are common, as a matter of fact, any regional bird is common they are in every damn route or almost all of them.

In the kanto saga, I think we only saw one pidgeotto (Ash's) but there were multiple pidgeys and two pidgeots I think...in the Johto saga, noctowl was more commonly seen but still not especially common (three of them I think; Ash's, one that appeared with Ash's, and that old one) and neither was hoothoot again I think there were 2...in the hoenn saga, only three swellow were seen as well (Ash's, that one winstrate guy who had an Alakazam with rain dance, and Winona's) taillow only appeared in flocks at the beginning and they were never seen again except Ash's...in sinnoh, Starly went through the same thing as taillow, there was only one staravia (Ash's), anf two staraptor (regi's and Ash's)...now for Unova, pidove went through the taillow treatment, there are, until now, FOUR (and counting) tranquill (Ash's, Trip's, Dean's, and Antonio's...also the ones to appear in the purrloin episode)...no unfezant as of yet...so you can see, the regional birds were never spammed as much before as tranquill is being spammed...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

An episode where the only main character gets less than a minute of battling? What has this show come to? But besides that, Cilan's way overdramatic speech, Bianca's Zorua overobsession, and the feeling that the battles were rushed, it was okay.

And the fact that this was the third straight episode with no Oshawott.

Emolga certainly packs a punch! So Ash and Iris are in the semis... the next episode is bound to be exciting

Quote Originally Posted by
    [s
    And the fact that this was the third straight episode with no Oshawott.[/s]
    Yes, it must be a holiday or something.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Thanks pikapika677 for the VSMugshotScenes. Thnx Dragonitor for BigTeamPoses.

Finally able to watch the darn thing, I always loss enjoyment when I don't get to watch the episode right away.

Regardless of the wait, I enjoyed it.

Cilan being Cilan, awesome. Luke being Luke, awesome. Burgundy being Burgundy, awesome. Langley being Langley, awesome. Bianca being Bianca, awesome. Kenyan being Kenyan, awesome. Iris being Iris, awesome. And Ash being Ash, awesome...that's a lot of awesome.

Pikachu and Zorua were fun to watch with their moments.

The first battle didn't last much longer, I guess they were going for suspense too bad most people knew the outcome and most people would assume Ash would win anyways. Overall the battle was enjoyable to me. Langley didn't look so happy about losing, Ash just wants to be friends.

Antonio and Dino, the battle was quick, nothing to really enjoy from it. I wish the writers could have at less shown us who's Pokemon is who's, based on how it was done we're probably are suppose to assume Dino has Tranquill and Antonio has Cottonee but I find it odd the writers would give Dino a Tranquill as well. I have no idea what Dino's team is all about, looks like the writers just wanted some already seen Pokemon to get battle time poor guy probably wont be seen again, maybe but even still I doubt he's going to be an opponent again for Ash or anyone important.

Cilan and Luke, probably my favorite battle of the tournament. We see what Cilan and Stunfisk are like together, they work well. Stunfisk can fly now it seems, Best Wishes just keeps getting more and more unpredictable. Larvesta debuts, and I love the thing, it's voice was great, it's performance was great, it's just great. Cilan talking about whatever was great of course.

Iris and Kenyan, the battle was great in my opinion. Sawk looks great in the anime to me, the way it moves and looks and everything. I love how Sawk deals with Attract, it's like your playing a video game and have to hit all the hearts to win. Emolga has Static for it's ability. Nice battle.

I love how the randomizer basically didn't do anything, just switched Dino and Ash around why even bother, I laughed at that for a second.

I'm glad Ash is using something other then Pikachu in this battle since Pikachu will get the final battle. Palpitoad is the one I would prefer to be used in the battle so I'm glad it's being used, hopefully it gets another move it only has three that we know of so far.

And yet another short laugh at the end of the episode with Don George just there posing in the middle of all the heated battling.

Interactions again in here, can't wait to know what everyone is saying.

Overall, the tournament just keeps getting better with each episode, the final one looks like it further proves this. Great episode overall for me.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    It was strange seeing how Muggyo looked when being hit by the 2 Fire attacks. Heat Wave's new look in B&W was really cool.
    That was actually Bug Buzz.

A little tip to make your reviews sound better: You start way too many sentences with, "It was [cool, interesting, etc.]..." Vary your statements a bit more.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Pathetic Emolga beat Sawk?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Worst episode ever.
    Pokemon Black FC: 5458 0929 9006

Well... finally got around to watching it (more like finding it, for some reason I can't find a subbed version of this anywhere :s).

Geez, Snivy. At this point, I think she's officially my favorite of the starters this season (aside from Oshawott). A great battler, and handles the "pests" as well. Guess all the feuding with Emolga was helpful.

The battles so far are rather impressive. I'm really loving how many characters are in this so far. We're not even at a full season, let alone a full saga and we're already at what... 6 rivals/recurring characters? Wow!

Also, Zorua, I love you. I thought you were awesome in the movie. You're equally as hilariously mischievous in the anime. And man is Bianca a riot. You'd think she'd start to catch onto how Zorua's illusion ability works by now, lol!

As for the battle between Iris and Kenyan, wow. First let's talk about Sawk. You know how there's those designs that at first you kind go, "meh" towards? Well, Sawk was one of them for me. However, after seeing it in action here, I must say it doesn't look half bad. Battle itself, was pretty good too. Never thought I'd see Attract used in such a way, but hey, it worked.

Finally, there was a time when I cared not for the BGM featured in the anime; I wasn't really that observant and it didn't really bother me. However, because of the soundtrack for Black and White, well, that's changed. I'm beginning to really pick up the different tracks being used (and overused), and one of my favorites has now been fully done in this tournament. I thought I'd have to wait till the Unova League before they'd do it, but it seems they did a great job putting both parts for suitable sections of 2 different battles. And it worked amazingly well.

All this to say, I'll have to wait for the next part (or subbed, one or the other), but I'm definitely back on track, i.e. "caught up".

/CL

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

-sighs- Let me get this off my chest about both the Dento vs Luke and Iris vs Kenyan battles. I have to vent somewhere @.@;

To tell you the truth, I was kinda disappointed/shocked that Dento lost his match, especially after teaching his Stunfisk how to fly and all that. I figure if he wasn't too busy talking to luke and giving him advice on how to battle and stuff, he may have one won. I forgot what pokemon Luke used, but I'm pretty sure it's a fire type so Dento was already at a type disadvantage. I'm worried that his loss will mess up his reputation as a gym leader and tarnish his gym's name :/

As for the Iris vs Kenyan battle, I seriously thought that battle was a total BS stall-for-time duel. I didn't expect Emolga's hidden power to take effect on Sawk like that, so I guess when Iris noticed that she had to take advantage of that opportunity. Well, as most of us would probably agree, at least it worked :P
    Credit to Skyomi :PYou rock, xxGlassRose!

With special thanks and credit to Pokefan#493! ^_^ I believe in Jesus Christ.

I laughed so hard when Snivy vine whipped cabernet lol it was priceless.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Tsutarja spanks Carbernet = Win

They should make that a running gag. I'm sure lots of people would enjoy it.

Didn't like the episode as much as the last one, but still pretty nice. I agree that how Snivy won kind of ruined that OMG-Cliffhanger! mood from the previous episode since it was so rushed. That break in between the second and third battle wasn't really necessary since we weren't introduced to any new interactions between characters either.

I'm kind of sad Stunfisk's first fight ended in a loss. Sorry Cilan, but only Ash is pro at pwning tournaments with Pokemon he's never used before.

On another note. I love the sequence Luke has when calling attacks; the clacker(?) is awesome. I also enjoyed Pikachu filming his match. The first time in a while I found the yellow rat amusing again.

Cilan being Cilan, awesome. Luke being Luke, awesome. Burgundy being Burgundy, awesome. Langley being Langley, awesome. Bianca being Bianca, awesome. Kenyan being Kenyan, awesome. Iris being Iris, awesome. And Ash being Ash, awesome...that's a lot of awesome.
    *thumbs up*
    Last edited by CupidKirby; 17th August 2011 at 11:29 AM.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    As for the battle between Iris and Kenyan, wow. First let's talk about Sawk. You know how there's those designs that at first you kind go, "meh" towards? Well, Sawk was one of them for me. However, after seeing it in action here, I must say it doesn't look half bad. Battle itself, was pretty good too. Never thought I'd see Attract used in such a way, but hey, it worked.
    I agree with this. This episode solidified my catching a Sawk instead of a Mienfoo for my Black version.

Anyways, I liked the past four episodes a lot, but this wasn't as awesome as I wanted it to be. Mainly Ash's win against Langley and his loss to Iris.

Start with the obvious; Ash, you've been to five regions already and you're still making bad decisions. I like how Pikachu was given one last chance to fight and he showed his thankfulness by standing there as Excadrill charged and fired his Focus Blast. I wish he'd used a different Pokemon, or battled better, not to win, but to give more of a show. It wasn't as awesome as I had hoped. Decent though. Iris deserved that win.

And like someone said above, the ending between Snivy and Pawniard seemed rushed. That's about it though.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

^ Nachoe, put spoiler tags up. Or at least discuss it in the BW044 thread O-O
    Last edited by CupidKirby; 17th August 2011 at 11:33 AM.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

That was a narrow shave for Iris.... Using Emolga was risky since it had not battled much after being caught by Iris

ever since i saw Sawk for the first time i knew it would be my favorite pure fighting type, bet when i saw him in the tournament i was 100% sure it will be my favorite,

I like all the battles but the one with Sawk vs Iris her Pokemon made me go cheering :P
    but his Bulk Up make me kinda go like ''O_o; '' but Iris was a pretty good fighter in her battle, kinda sad that Sawk lost but oh well :P
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I can't wait to see this tomorrow! Especially with Emogla being one of my favorite of the main casts Poke's.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Stunfisk totally threw that match...

A great episode. Ash beats Georgia, Luke beats Cilan, and Iris beats Stephan. There were lots of funny moments in this episode like Burgundy's comments. Can't wait for the next episode.

Lol, Stunfisk can fly.

^ Click this for good times ^

Snivy Vine-Whipping Burgundy was great!!!!!

Somebody needs to make a GIF out of Snivy whipping Burgundy away.

I liked this episode very much. Something that I noticed is that I had captions on and evey instance that Stephan's name should've been read incorrectly as spoken was correctly written. I'd hate to see deaf people wondering why Stephan doesn't like his real name.

Right lots to get through, three battles and some things inbetween so lets get on with it.

Ash vs Georgia was short. So not much to comment, basically snivy just finished off the combo that stop Pawniard's attack and then leaf storm that caused Pawniard to faint. Of cause Georgia was arrogant and used the field as her blame, such a kid :P.

Cilan vs Luke. As someone said that Cilan's overconfidence was his flaw, yes in battle this is his flaw but as a connoisseur this is his virtue when it comes to his customers (I suppose their customers) because he is providing a service and with this characteristic he gets customer satisfaction, just like it did to Luke to inspire him to try something new to overcome Cilan.

Finally, Iris vs Stephan. I nice strategy vs strategy battle. Stephan had a way to fight Iris's attract and then used determination and strength to battle emolga. However, when things looked bleak emolga's static came to the rescue and from there it was one way traffic for emolga as it was only a matter of time for paralysis to take hold of Sawk.

As a final note I honestly thought Bianca wasn't as annoying because there was a little variety with her and Zorua. Mainly because she kind of had an idea where zorua was with both the axew clone and the georgia clone but that is kinda a minor thing.

Onward to the next episode!!!!!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Man Luke has some rare pokemon.

First Zorua and Golett, and now Larvesta. Where does he get them? (except Golett, we know where those can be found. :P)

Bianca sure likes Georgia. <_<

Why does the title of the episode reference something that doesn't happen until the very end? Reminds me of Dragon Ball Z Kai.

Emolga Vs. Sawk was good.. It could have been better.. But, Stephan had a point when he asked if Emolga has any Flying moved. She needs one.

Yet another decent episode. Snivy wins for Ash, sweet.

Cilan and Luke. The battle was fun, and was funny, but yeah, Cilan was a tad bit overconfident.

As for Stephan and Iris, that was another battle. Iris was smart enough to have Emolga keep using Attract, after its ability, Static, activated on Sawk. Stephan was hoping Sawk didn't get paralyzed.

Good episode overall. One more episode to go.
    Last edited by vipsoccermaster; 13th November 2011 at 12:38 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast