Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: The Club Battle Hearts of Fury, Emolga Versus Sawk! (702)

This episode was pretty good. Liked the debuts of Sawk and Larvesta. Also liked the battles that took place.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by vipsoccermaster View Post
    Yet another decent episode. Snivy wins for Ash, sweet.

Cilan and Luke. The battle was fun, and was funny, but yeah, Cilan was a tad bit overconfident.

As for Stephan and Iris, that was another battle. Iris was smart enough to have Emolga keep using Attract, after its ability, Static, activated on Sawk. Stephan was hoping Sawk didn't get paralyzed.

Good episode overall. One more episode to go.
    It's funny how people like it when Iris uses Attract but when anybody else uses it, they get ragged on.

My ideal battle ever!

Okay, now that I think about it, Stephan's Sawk trained itself to be manly enough to resist Attract? That's...so convenient to give Iris a disadvantage.

How exactly are you supposed to pronounce Stephan's name? :P

Cilan was just annoying in this episode
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

Quote Originally Posted by Swagga09 View Post
    Cilan was just annoying in this episode
    I think burgandy got it right when she called him an angrogent dork lol
    .................................................. ......................

Quote Originally Posted by Somorio View Post
    How exactly are you supposed to pronounce Stephan's name? :P
    Steh-fawn.

They call him Ste-fen and Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by vipsoccermaster View Post
    As for Stephan and Iris, that was another battle. Iris was smart enough to have Emolga keep using Attract, after its ability, Static, activated on Sawk. Stephan was hoping Sawk didn't get paralyzed.
    That was definitely the best battle of the episode, and Iris's strategy was very creative. Also, Emolga's Attract prompted Sawk to keep on using Close Combat, which, of course, drastically decreased his Special Defense. Once Sawk's Special Defense was down, Emolga needed only one Electro Ball to knock him out. Smart, Iris. Very smart.

Cilan VS Luke also had lots of creative strategies, especially Larvesta using String Shot as a protective shell. Oh, and Cilan's roasted Stunfisk cracked me up.
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    It's funny how people like it when Iris uses Attract but when anybody else uses it, they get ragged on.
    I agree with what you're saying. I like Attract and don't care who uses it. But I think he meant that she was smart to keep using it so Static would get soo bad that Sawk couldn'y move. Not neccessarily to infatuate him.

I do agree that people need to not complain about Snivy or Minccino or anybody else and then be happy about Emolga...

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Bulk Up looked disturbing. I'll probably have nightmares now. at least Ursaring's Bulk Up didn't look like that.

Quote Originally Posted by stanleysmith
    I do agree that people need to not complain about Snivy or Minccino or anybody else and then be happy about Emolga...
    People complain about Snivy and Minccino using Attract? I'm pretty sure they started complaining about Attract being overused when the writers gave it to Emolga. Caseydia has it backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Orton155 View Post
    Of cause Georgia was arrogant and used the field as her blame, such a kid :P.
    Perfectly valid complaint seeing how the terrain+sheer luck on Ash's side regarding it was the reason he won.

I'm still confused as to why people call Georgia/Langley a *****. Really, the only *****y thing she's done so far is eating the twerps dinners. :P
    She actually called Burgundy out on being a *****.

Outside of that, she's mostly just been arrogant- and hilariously enough, less condescending about it than Iris has. Not to mention how her arrogance is well founded, seeing how she beat Iris thrice(for all of you saying the third one was a draw, Excadrill went down first) and only lost to Ash by bad luck(Rock sticks on the blade, unplanned, allowing Snivy to deal good damage). She has the bite to back up her bark(oh god the irony of using this phrase when talking about b****es).
    Last edited by RWB; 14th November 2011 at 7:34 PM.

The writers suck to give the best battle for Iris and everyone else before and after all of this have sucky battles. What are the writers trying to do here?

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    The writers suck to give the best battle for Iris and everyone else before and after all of this have sucky battles. What are the writers trying to do here?
    You seriously need to read the episode title: It says EMOLGA VERSUS SAWK. It's supposed to be about Iris's battle against Stephan.

Besides, they gave Ash the best battle in the first round and everyone including Iris got sucky battles. Funny how you never mention that.

Bianca is getting more and more annoying each episode...

I don't know why she keeps looking for Zorua but it's not funny anymore :/

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    You seriously need to read the episode title: It says EMOLGA VERSUS SAWK. It's supposed to be about Iris's battle against Stephan.

Besides, they gave Ash the best battle in the first round and everyone including Iris got sucky battles. Funny how you never mention that.
    No he doesn't. Ash has had alot of crappy battles. Iris has had the most pleasant. And it doesn't help it if Emonga barely battle neither.

My ideal battle ever!

Default Stupid pawnward!

GOD! ASH SO SHOULD HAVE LOST THAT BATTLE! i mean a gullitene! and aparently... it missed and ash managed to throw 2 moves in that are NOT EFFECTIVE and it killed pawnward!

Quote Originally Posted by rcyzhang View Post
    GOD! ASH SO SHOULD HAVE LOST THAT BATTLE! i mean a gullitene! and aparently... it missed and ash managed to throw 2 moves in that are NOT EFFECTIVE and it killed pawnward!
    Vine Whip hit repeatedly, Leaf Blade hit, and Leaf Storm.
    Pawniard kept hitting Snivy with Metal Claw only.

they both resist each others moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    Vine Whip hit repeatedly, Leaf Blade hit, and Leaf Storm.
    Pawniard kept hitting Snivy with Metal Claw only.

they both resist each others moves.

Steel resists Grass.

Grass does not resist Steel.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Grass_(type)

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by rcyzhang View Post
    Guillotine isn't the most accurate move. It wouldn't be hard to dodge it in the anime.

Type effectiveness isn't as realistic as it is in the game, it should be common sense by now so long as this isn't the first episode you've watched.

I enjoyed the dub as much as the Japanese version.

Sawk and Larvesta's dub voice were nice in my opinion.

Overall I enjoyed the whole thing.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Steel resists Grass.

Grass does not resist Steel.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Grass_(type)

Just saying.
    Oh that's right. Even though didn't Pawniard only hit her like three times with Metal Claw as well?

That, and then we have the fact that not only did Snivy score a lot more hits during the fight than Pawniard(thanks to the lucky "rock getting stuck on it's head")... Snivy is confirmed in the anime itself to be a tank.

More or less outright stated.

The outcome is relatively realistical, even if Ash only won by luck.

All right writers can we please end the Kenyan/Stephan thing it's gotten old, also as much as I like that their showing off more under used moves this season Attract is getting old it's turning into a catch all for winning battles.

Hey Iris instead of being a little kid and calling everyone a little kid you actually train your Pokemon to actually fight better instead of relying on dumb luck to win your battles.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

This was a great episode! Though I've NEVER seen Pokemon in the anime resist attract... No! Not Sawk smackng the hearts! As in being infatuated but still able to battle.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Battra View Post
    Hey Iris instead of being a little kid and calling everyone a little kid you actually train your Pokemon to actually fight better instead of relying on dumb luck to win your battles.
    *blinks*

She DID win.

Dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Battra View Post
    All right writers can we please end the Kenyan/Stephan thing it's gotten old, also as much as I like that their showing off more under used moves this season Attract is getting old it's turning into a catch all for winning battles.
    While Attract is borderlining being an overused move, Iris at least uses the move strategically. That's why I loved the Emolga vs Sawk battle. I liked she used Attract more as a defensive tactic rather than using it to infatuate

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast