Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Club Battle Hearts of Fury, Emolga Versus Sawk! (702)

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Hmm, not sure if this episode lived up to the hype. I enjoyed watching Bianca running around chasing Zorua since it was funny. Then Cilan's battle against Luke was a little more interesting than I had expected, although I do think that Cilan's whole "sparkly twirl" routine has gotten a bit old. I did like that he mentioned the Striaton City Gym though, and I also liked that he used Stunfisk instead of Dwebble or Pansage. I'm glad that Luke beat Cilan, and I loved that Burgundy was happy about it. Iris's battle against Kenyan was probably my favorite battle of the episode since Iris had Emolga use Attract in a clever way. I'm glad she won; she deserved some glory. 7/10.

Read his post again.
    I know I understood what he said but no one made a fuss over it, which is why I said that neither are legendary.

That battle was half Cilan talking. Very annoying.. Shut up and do the battle. ><

Okay, I thought at first Stunfisk had Discharge, now I'm learning it's lowly Thundershock...ugh the fish is lucky it's got two other pretty strong moves, though I'm sad that he lost
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Favorite part of this episode might be all =D faced audience watching the battles. Nothing but a smile and two lines XD

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    Again, characters >>>>> battles. This is a rule, not just in Pokemon, in anything. I'd rather have humorous character interaction than action-filled battles where the characters themselves mean squat.
    As I've said in a different thread. Character Interactions only work when they are relevant or decent.

If however they take up a large portion of time, then no Character Interactions are NOT better than battles. Character Interactions only work best when they enhance the episode, not be the driving force of an episode.

In the past two episodes the character interactions were fairly acceptable. However not in this episode where Bianca kept going after Zorua, and Cilan WOULD NOT SHUT UP. A few seconds of "Tasting time" would've been acceptable, not 5 or so minutes.

I would take really well written battle at the cost of some character interactions over crappy rushed written battles but a whole bunch of character interaction any day.

Keep a large portion of Character interactions to episodes that aren't meant to be action packed.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Go read One Piece the best manga out there, or even FMA then tell me character interactions don't matter in what is related to popularity of a series.

Yes the Belle thing was annoying as hell but it was annoying in the second episode already, Dent was annoying too, the rest was pretty good as usual, like I said I was watching the episode and saying, cmon dude get it on, enough and I do understand it in that situation, now the Langley interactions, the Cabernet stuff with Snivy, Kenyan, etc were pretty nice.

Kenyan really came off as an enjoyable character out of the tournament, I'm really looking forward to see him with some regularity in the anime.

The only character that is annoying me is Belle and like I said, she has been annoying not just for this but since the comment on the first episode when she offered Pignite for Zorua, it really pissed me off.

The battles ended up being good and on top of being good, very strategic and smart fights, specially on Iris and Luke part.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 4th August 2011 at 8:11 PM.

Better episode than the last one. Cilan/Luke was kind of a disappointment, mostly because of all the talking and Stunfisk not doing ****. That thing needs redemption already. On the bright side, Larvesta is pretty cool. Iris/Kenyan was really good. The battle was probably the best of the arc so far, except for the creepy Sawk Bulk-Up. Both Larvesta and Sawk have gained respect in my eyes.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Evll33t View Post
    Favorite part of this episode might be all =D faced audience watching the battles. Nothing but a smile and two lines XD
    Really? I thought they had over did that.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Having watched it, in higher quality, I found Bianca and Zorua to be less annoying (to an extent). I especially enjoyed the part where Bianca was chasing Zorua around in small circles with Zorua being a pure troll by smiling and slightly skipping just out of reach. However as enjoyable as it was, they really need to figure out what Bianca should be doing, because I'm not liking her characterizations. She better getting something quick, or her being a competitive rival against Ash isn't going to happen.

Again Cilan vs Luke was a bit annoying but I guess I found it lot less annoying, but still I wanted to shove a sock down Cilan's throat at a certain point.

Totally forgot this the first time, but Iris speaking for Langley with Zorua was also pure gold comedy. Kind of a shame Langley ruined it but it was expected.

Oh and Bianca looking at Langley expectedly was pretty funny too.

I think this along with my previous post, is it. Now I just await translations for everything everyone said. Hopefully I'll enjoy the episode more.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

10. Default

Why did Emonga not return after using Volt Change?

Was it because she saved it to finish (Dageki)him off/KO him?

Such as, had she used it earlier, and not KO'ed him, would she have returned to Iris?

Anyhow I'm pleased Iris did not have to give Emonga a big pep talk, in order to motivate her to fight, just a few words of encouragement.

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Why did Emonga not return after using Volt Change?

Was it because she saved it to finish (Dageki)him off/KO him?

Such as, had she used it earlier, and not KO'ed him, would she have returned to Iris?

Anyhow I'm pleased Iris did not have to give Emonga a big pep talk, in order to motivate her to fight, just a few words of encouragement.
    In the Anime Volt Switch doesn't always switch out the pokemon.

I make Gifs

I loved how Sawk deflected Emolga's Attract DBZ-style.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Does anyone think a new ship is being born between Langely and Bianca? I can see the shippers now....

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Does anyone think a new ship is being born between Langely and Bianca? I can see the shippers now....
    I supposed as the result of all their interactions in the Don battle, especially this 3rd ep of the tourney.

I loved the Emolga vs Sawk battle, it was so strategic! Iris figured out that Hidden Power won't do squat, so she stalled for Close Combat defence drops with Attract before dealing a lethal blow with Volt Switch. Static activating mid-match was just an icing on the cake.

I'm not the huge fun of this show but damn, Best Wishes is like sooooo much better than the first seasons.

While Cilan was annoying here, I did love this part

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Okay, I thought at first Stunfisk had Discharge, now I'm learning it's lowly Thundershock...ugh the fish is lucky it's got two other pretty strong moves, though I'm sad that he lost
    Let me guess, you read it on Bulbapedia?

Never trust it 100% immediately following an episode. Wait a few hours, then see what it says.
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

For me the biggest disappointment of this episode was Dento/Cilan's showing.

He was too much talk and not enough action, seems he was riding his laurels from his win streak since joining Ash.

Maggyo was underwhelming and I'm pleased Luke won this time.

-...well they sure wrapped up Snivy VS Pawniard quick. I don't think it got more than a minute of time before Ash won!
    -Dento, was it necessary to break into more blathering about compatibility when Kenyan commented on Ash's battl...wait, are you dancing? Why are you dancing?! Look, you even freaked Kenyan out!
    -...oh wait, he was just getting annoyed that his name was pronounced wrong. Again.
    -Langley can hear Iris quietly calling her a kid from several yards away!
    -Blah blah some nobody wins a round against another nobody blah blah Dento talks about how awesome his Pokemon food is blah bl-oh hey, it's Cabernet! Mocking Dento again, of course.
    -And then Snivy just Vine Whips Cabernet away! God I love that grass snake.
    -Jesus christ Bianca, GIVE UP on Zorua already.
    -She spies Luke interviewing Langley, but...Langley's voice seems different. Almost Iris-like.
    -Watching Langley and Iris hate on each other is never going to get old.
    -It's finally time for Dento VS Luke, and...Luke trusts ASH to do the camerawork? Oh boy.
    -Dento gives Luke advice on relaxing and stuff, and...the commentators are just confused. Not that I blame them.
    -It's Larvesta VS Stunfisk. Yep.
    -Larvesta ties up Stunfisk with String Shot, which somehow blocks electric attacks from working. Don't even question this ****.
    -Larvesta goes for a Flamethrower, which...Dento seems to think is a good thing, for reasons that are obvious if you think for even half a second.
    -Yup, it burnt away the string shot. WAY TO GO, LUKE.
    -Seriously Bianca, shut the **** up about Zorua.
    -...is today "Dento acts kind of weird during his tasting times" day or what?
    -Did he just say "non, non!"? I'm pretty sure he did.
    -And then Dento says something about gym challengers.
    -FLYING STUNFISK (sort of)
    -Luke cleverly has Larvesta shield itself from Water Gun by...wrapping itself in string shot!
    -Larvesta can float by spouting flames like it's some sort of insectoid jetpack?!
    -Mmm, roasted Stunfisk. Oh wait, that means Dento loses.
    -Of course Cabernet is all smug about Dento losing. And...I have no idea what Langley just said to her, but it sounded exasperated.
    -Now it's Iris VS Kenyan, and...I think that was the worst mispronounciation of his name yet!
    -It's Sawk VS Emolga, and Emolga seems willing to listen to Iris. But just how well will that pan out?
    -Using Close Combat to stop Attract? Dang.
    -...Bulk Up looks kind of creepy.
    -Kenya brings up something about Emolga's type, which makes Iris flinch a bit. I have no idea WHAT he said, though.
    -Sawk gets paralyzed by Static, but that doesn't stop it from fighting!
    -Emolga wears Sawk down by repeatedly using Attract(with Sawk wearing itself out by repeated Close Combats...which makes sense if you remember that Close Combat also lowers stats in the games!).
    -Iris wins.
    -Ahahaha at Cabernet & Langley's *****ing.
    -Next round is Iris VS Luke, and Ash VS Some Nobody Called Dino Or Something Who Looks Kind Of Like Lance. Exciting!
    -Looks like next time is going to start with Ash's Palpitoad VS Some Nobody's Darumaka.

Overall, a pretty decent pair of battles(moreso on Iris' side of things; Dento seemed more focused on giving Luke a pep talk than on actually fighting). I find it slightly annoying that they only made the "omg will Snivy evade Guillotine?!" cliffhanger for the sake of having a cliffhanger, since the end of the battle was wrapped up in less than a minute. My patience is also wearing thin for Bianca's Zorua obsession; hopefully the writers ease up on that for the final episode of this arc. At least the Zorua-obsessed people on this forum know when to quit.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    For me the biggest disappointment of this episode was Dento/Cilan's showing.

He was too much talk and not enough action, seems he was riding his laurels from his win streak since joining Ash.

Maggyo was underwhelming and I'm pleased Luke won this time.
    Well people wanted flaws from him, seems like overconfidence and spacing out made him lose, there you go some flaws for you guys who need them.

I liked everything about the episode except Bianca. I officially hate her character.

Other than that, I loved the battle against Sawk and Iris' strategy to defeat him. Pure testament of her skills as a trainer.

I liked the episode, I'm glad that we saw Stunfisk battle, even if it lost. And Emolga was adorable. I hope whoever had the Cotonee comes back with a Whimsicott, it's adorable. Never change your avatar Dax

Probably. Lord knows shippers don't need much reason to start a ship. OH WOW ASH LOOKED AT CILAN SHIP TIME <3<3

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Pure testament of her skills as a trainer.
    You probably shouldn't have said that.
    Last edited by Grey Wind; 4th August 2011 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Well people wanted flaws from him, seems like overconfidence and spacing out made him lose, there you go some flaws for you guys who need them.
    Oh my, I was not in that crowd. I like my Dento flawless.

His results this round left a sour taste in my mouth.

Dento should have stuck with Ishizumai methinks for this 2nd round battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcoat View Post
    Let me guess, you read it on Bulbapedia?

Never trust it 100% immediately following an episode. Wait a few hours, then see what it says.
    Almost 5 hours isn't "immediately". And Dent clearly says "Denki Shock" in this episode.
    あなたが翻訳機を使用している?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    You probably shouldn't have said that.
    But it's true.

People have always said that Iris became suddenly competent, but she really had this knowledge all time with her. She just needed more screentime to show if off.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast