Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: The Club Battle Hearts of Fury, Emolga Versus Sawk! (702)

Emolga beating Sawk is a complete travesty. Sawk is a beast, Emolga is a damn vermin. Stone edge and that rat is done.

This is BS. BS.
    Pokemon Black FC: 5458 0929 9006

Did anyone notice that when Zorua turned into Georgia to lip synch with Iris you could still see her fangs?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by thekorean View Post
    Emolga beating Sawk is a complete travesty. Sawk is a beast, Emolga is a damn vermin. Stone edge and that rat is done.

This is BS. BS.
    You're absolutely right. How could a Pokemon with a type advantage and a debilitating ability win this battle? Especially when Emolga is resistant to all of Sawk's attacks. It makes absolutely no sen- oh wait. It makes perfect sense.
    When routine bites hard, and ambitions are low.
    When resentment rides high, and when emotion won't grow.
    We're both changing our ways, taking different roads.

Love. Love will tear us apart. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    That, and then we have the fact that not only did Snivy score a lot more hits during the fight than Pawniard(thanks to the lucky "rock getting stuck on it's head")... Snivy is confirmed in the anime itself to be a tank.

More or less outright stated.

The outcome is relatively realistical, even if Ash only won by luck.
    Since when has this show ever be realistic in the past? For over 12 years, logic has never really stood in this anime and now people are caring? Hehe. It's so funny.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Moltanic View Post
    You're absolutely right. How could a Pokemon with a type advantage and a debilitating ability win this battle? Especially when Emolga is resistant to all of Sawk's attacks. It makes absolutely no sen- oh wait. It makes perfect sense.
    Emolga is really weak though, and I hate that rat. Sawk is a beast like I said. Close Combat despite ineffectiveness can take out half of Emolgas health in the game at the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by thekorean View Post
    Emolga is really weak though, and I hate that rat. Sawk is a beast like I said. Close Combat despite ineffectiveness can take out half of Emolgas health in the game at the same level.
    Games =/= anime. I thought everyone would know this by now. Emolga are frail ingame but in the anime they're just as sturdy as every other rodent.

Secondly, is very far from being a weakling. It's proven that in it's previous battles. At the very least we know that is has strength on par with Ash's Snivy.
    When routine bites hard, and ambitions are low.
    When resentment rides high, and when emotion won't grow.
    We're both changing our ways, taking different roads.

Love. Love will tear us apart. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    This was a great episode! Though I've NEVER seen Pokemon in the anime resist attract... No! Not Sawk smackng the hearts! As in being infatuated but still able to battle.
    Umm, Dawn's Ambipom fought while under Delcatty's cute charm...though Ambipom also got rid of the attraction mid-battle as well. In BW though, nothing has been able to do that right now, but that could be the fact that everyone fails to call out an attack
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Moltanic View Post
    Games =/= anime. I thought everyone would know this by now. Emolga are frail ingame but in the anime they're just as sturdy as every other rodent.

Secondly, is very far from being a weakling. It's proven that in it's previous battles. At the very least we know that is has strength on par with Ash's Snivy.
    Because Snivy is strong to begin with.

Sawk should never lose to a rat, IMO.

As far as you know, that might be the wimpiest Sawk in existance.

A very exciting battle between both Sawk and Emolga, especially how Static came into play from the chance of luck. Iris would have been screwed, though, if Volt Switch didn't KO Sawk after using the move. Since only one Pokemon is permitted to battle, and that you can't switch out.

Nonetheless, very fun episode. And the running gags were hilarious as usual; Bianca chasing for Zorua, people getting Stephan name's wrong, Iris and Zorua mocking Georgia, etc.

And of cource, Burgundy was happy to see Cilan lose. :P

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I could understand why Burgandy was happy to see Clian lose but she didnt have to be so happy about it. Still glad that both Ash and Iris won. I still laugh when they get Stephans name wrong haha

The battles were good but was Cilan irritating... honestly Cilan talks more and does less... the battle was full of his speeches... I really got tired of him

Cilan wasn't irritating at all. There was nothing wrong with helping Luke out, even though that made him lose.

Georgia should have beaten Ash. Making Pawniard lose to Snivy because of the field was a terrible idea. I would rather see one side win fairly.
    Last edited by BurningSociety12345543210; 5th April 2012 at 1:17 AM.

I liked the epic conclusion to the Snivy vs. Pawniard battle.

The Stunfisk vs. Larvesta battle was also very interesting and we got to see a different side of Luke.

Sawk managing to block Emolga's Attract was a neat strategy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Cilan wasn't irritating at all. There was nothing wrong with helping Luke out, even though that made him lose.

Georgia should have beaten Ash. Making Pawniard lose to Snivy was a terrible idea.
    Well he's talking about how Cilan has to describe everything and ultimately spoon fed his own strategy to Luke, which caused his downfall. So yeah he talked a little too much this time around and it bit him in the end.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Rewatched this recently.

I will be honest and admit that the way Ash beat Pawniard kinda ticked me off. Really, two complete lucky shots is what decides the match for him(first lucky shot allowed him to do damage, second to deal a finishing strike), when outside those, his Snivy gets it's **** wrecked? I suppose the writers wanted me to think Georgia was a just a sore loser for blaming the field... but she was so utterly right that if that was the case, it really fell flat. I like a good "come-from-behind" victory as much as anyone, but not when it's completely because of dumb luck.

The entire Tournament has been like this for Georgia, she keeps getting to be the one you sympathize with, as with Iris and her fights, Georgia didn't actually brag nor did she actively try to do mean things to Iris. She really comes across as a victim in these episodes, both of Iris's downright terrible behaviour and bad luck as a whole(seriously, her loss+ Zorua deciding she was it's favorite form?). I don't get it, aren't we supposed to root for Iris? Then why is Georgia more sympathetic?
    Help spread the Dragonbuster Love!
    Hail to Saint Georgia!

I'm glad Iris finally got Emolga to listen to her and not use volt switch. It reminded me of how she accidentally made Iris lose during the tournament in the beginning of the 14th movie because it was only 1 on 1 battles. At least Emolga won the battle. I also liked Ash's battle with pawniard.

7/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

I was more fond of the last episode honestly. It's better to have all the rivals together then to have all the goofy ones stay while the more serious ones get shafted.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567