Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Best Stallers/Walls in 5th Generation

Default The Best Stallers/Walls in 5th Generation

I wanted to make a thread of all the greatest stallers/walls in the current metagame.
    Off the top of my head, I'd say:
    Cresselia (120/120/130) , for sheer stats and access to moonlight (Which is generally reliable healing, but unfortunately is nerfed by it's low PP, so rest is generally better.), It didn't gain anything in the generation shift however, so it (Unfortunately) rots in the prison that is the RU tier.

and

Suicune, (100/115/115) , for consistantly being able to run arguably the most efficient defensive Mono-Attacking moveset in the entire game (A.K.A. CroCune). In the generation shift it gained Scald, which makes it even more deadly by having the possibility to inflict burn, which is especially useful on things that wall it. It also happens to be placed in the UU tier, where it slaughters a lot of top threats, Continuing to be an Insanely powerful pokemon
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    What was that Regarde. I couldn't hear you with all of that dick in your mouth.

^Greatest Cosplay Evar^

Both of those Pokemon are terrible. Utterly useless.

I'll contribute later!!

Quagsire, Skarm, Bliss, Bromz, Ferro, Pory2, Forry, Hippo, Snorlax.

Slowbro, I have tried this out, walls like a monster...

Slowbro Calm @ leftovers
    Regenerator
    252 hp, 200 def, 52 spD

Scald
    Psyshock
    Calm mind
    Slack off

Calm mind makes him bulky on both ends and bolsters his mediocre sp attack, psyshock to hit special defenders and for dual stab, and we all know why scald is boss. The nature and EV investment gives him some survivability vs. special hits so he can get some CM's up. This set actually evened my standings on wifi, went from 5-8 to 10-10, and that's not counting the rage quits I get when they realize he can't be touched...
    I am a child of GOD and proud of it.

I have only one setting, and thats MAXIMUM PWNAGE!

Platinum:1592-1825-2936
    HG: 3052-9634-0910
    Black: 4684-9108-2688
    Black Random Matchup Record:23-19 (minus 3 ragequit DC's and two accidental DC's...)
    Subway streak: 35
    White: 3611-3189-9624
    White Random Matchup Record:
    Name: Cyrus. i hav finally arrived on wifi, tremble before my might, mwuhahaha! pm for trades and battles.
    http://www.freewebs.com/cdawg3574/cystradeemporium.htm this is my trading site. got alot of good pokes, all are IV bred to desired specifications. this means that trades must be worth my while. B/W friend codes coming soon!

Ferrothorn walls very well for me... Iron Barbs ability + Rocky Helmet to whittle down the opponent...then Ingrain and either Curse or Iron Defense...hangs on forever.

Some of the best walls/stallers in the metagame include the following:

Eviolite Porygon2: Thanks to the Eviolite, Porygon is an excellent wall on both defensive stats, has access to a reliable recovery moves, can use Toxic/T-Wave to help support its teammates, and can use an attack due to its decent Sp. attack stat.

Unaware Quagsire: With access to a reliable recovery move,Stockpile to boost both defenses and the Unaware ability, Quagsire can stop any pokemon that sets up on it. It also has access to Stealth Rock. It's basically a better Swampert.

Ferrothorn: Ferrothorn has an excellent defensive typing weak to only fighting and fire(that can be solved by rain.). It can also set up Spikes/Stealth Rock and then use Leech Seed for recovery. It can use either STAB Power Whip/Gyro Ball to avoid being Taunt bait and do a decent amount of damage.

I'll edit this later with more stallers/walls.

3DS FC: 0001-3758-4431
    *Credit goes to Garnet Til Alexandros XVII for the Userbar*

Dusclops is a boss. Status something, stall with night shade for consistent damage, the n pain split the damage away on a new poke. P;us, the eviolite jacks its defenses up quite high.

Credits to bug pro for the banner

White FC: 2537-3909-0772

Both of those Pokemon are terrible. Utterly useless.

I'll contribute later!!
    You can insult Cresselia, because it's kinda sh*tty, but NEVER insult CroCune. It is literally one of the most powerful defensive pokes in the game (Remember 3rd gen?), It can set up easily, and after 2-3 CM, It can even sweep. SO YOU CANNOT SAY THAT IT'S BAD.
    What was that Regarde. I couldn't hear you with all of that dick in your mouth.

^Greatest Cosplay Evar^

Quote Originally Posted by R4GEKILL!!! View Post
    You can insult Cresselia, because it's kinda sh*tty, but NEVER insult CroCune. It is literally one of the most powerful defensive pokes in the game (Remember 3rd gen?), It can set up easily, and after 2-3 CM, It can even sweep. SO YOU CANNOT SAY THAT IT'S BAD.
    Yeah, you're right. It was great in Gen 3., and even Gen 4.

But this is Gen 5 and a lot of big threats have fallen from their former glory.

On topic, I myself love Regenerator Tangrowth. Walls alot of physical attackers that I usually have trouble with.

Quote Originally Posted by cdawg3574 View Post
    Slowbro, I have tried this out, walls like a monster...

Slowbro Calm @ leftovers
    Regenerator
    252 hp, 200 def, 52 spD

Scald
    Psyshock
    Calm mind
    Slack off

Calm mind makes him bulky on both ends and bolsters his mediocre sp attack, psyshock to hit special defenders and for dual stab, and we all know why scald is boss. The nature and EV investment gives him some survivability vs. special hits so he can get some CM's up. This set actually evened my standings on wifi, went from 5-8 to 10-10, and that's not counting the rage quits I get when they realize he can't be touched...
    Actually, this set is better for Slowbro because that set makes it a special wall instead of a physical wall, which is what it is.

Slowbro @Leftovers
    Regenerator
    Bold Nature
    252 HP/252 Def./4 Sp. Def

Scald
    Ice Beam
    Psychic
    Slack Off

Walls Excadrill without X-Scissor or Shadow Claw, Landorus, Gliscor, physical Salamence, Dragonite, Haxorus, and Conkeldurr. There's no reason for you to run Psyshock because now you're countered by Conkeldurr, and Slowbro can't sweep with Ferrothorn and Blissey so prevalent.

Credit to Blue Harvest for the amazing banner.

Gastrodon and Bastiodon deserve a mention, despite being frequently overlooked, imo. Their names also rhyme, which is cool.

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/ml7634.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/33u5xep.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/2lc41lu.gif[/IMG]

Spoiler:- Credit:

i use porygon 2 and its beast

3DS FC: 0130-1892-7047
    I'm Peng \( ゚◡゚)/

Shuckle (in a way), Milotic, Umbreon (though it's almost useless), Mandibuzz, Ferrothorn (DUH), Reuniclus, Dusclops, Chansey, and others
    I was feeling lonely, feeling blue
    Feeling like I needed you
    Like I hoped you'd call and hoped you'd see me.
    A&E~

Hello Latias set up on me please.

The beast physical walls are easily Skarm, Slowbro, Tangrowth, Hippo. The best special walls are Gastrodon, Heatran, Bliss, Chansey, Quagsire.

Its terrible in 5th gen. Rotom, Ferrothorn, Latias and Thundurus destroy it and punish anyone who uses it. Psyshock CMers like Reunicles also turn it into setup bait. There are also tons of physical threats that 2HKO it. Also there are some Water Absorb Pokes like Jellicent and Gastrodon that can burn it and force him to rest, then deal with it because REST/TALK IS USELESS NOW.

Cressila is pretty good IMO

another slowbro!!0
    Slow@leftovers
    Regenerator
    Good nature And evs don't feel like writing them
    Surf/scal
    T-wave
    Ice beAm/flamethrower/psychic
    Slack off

This is a beast it goes first after t wave and then just surfs away slacking off to with other moves for coverage (I use ice)
    I <3 poliwag
    I love u too...... just not as much as poliwag....

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.’

dw females:
    poliwag
    vulpix

EOS: team playmates
    ^pm me for rescue ^
    white: (in progress)
    Soul silver(in game) :

Poliwager.com
    DO IT!!

Egg moves:
    DD and Ice punch Male Scraggys
    leech seed male lotads
    male trick solosis

Cresselia and Shuckle are horrible, I'd just like to establish that~

Quote Originally Posted by complete legitimacy View Post
    Actually, this set is better for Slowbro because that set makes it a special wall instead of a physical wall, which is what it is.

Slowbro @Leftovers
    Regenerator
    Bold Nature
    252 HP/252 Def./4 Sp. Def

Scald
    Ice Beam
    Psychic
    Slack Off

Walls Excadrill without X-Scissor or Shadow Claw, Landorus, Gliscor, physical Salamence, Dragonite, Haxorus, and Conkeldurr. There's no reason for you to run Psyshock because now you're countered by Conkeldurr, and Slowbro can't sweep with Ferrothorn and Blissey so prevalent.
    I know he is a physical wall, my set allows him to take hits from both sides well, and after 2+ CM's scald will still dent conkeldurr, unless its specially defensive. It depends what ferrothorn set they are running, but ideally you would remove bro's counters beforehand, and after 4+ CM's blissey is at least a 2HKO with rocks. this set has worked well for me, thought it was worth a mention

Black Random Matchup Record:23-19 (minus 3 ragequit DC's and two accidental DC's...)
    Name: Cyrus. i hav finally arrived on wifi, tremble before my might, mwuhahaha! pm for trades and battles.
    http://www.freewebs.com/cdawg3574/cystradeemporium.htm this is my trading site. got alot of good pokes, all are IV bred to desired specifications. this means that trades must be worth my while. B/W friend codes coming soon!

I know he is a physical wall, my set allows him to take hits from both sides well, and after 2+ CM's scald will still dent conkeldurr, unless its specially defensive. It depends what ferrothorn set they are running, but ideally you would remove bro's counters beforehand, and after 4+ CM's blissey is at least a 2HKO with rocks. this set has worked well for me, thought it was worth a mention
    If it works for you than by all means use it. It just might not be worth it to do all that setting up just to have to switch out because of CB Scizor or the although rare now, attacking TTar. Never mind having to find good times to set up. While the set you posted is totally fine, the set I posted just works better in most cases.

Credit to Blue Harvest for the amazing banner.

jellibro!!! with recover + taunt + WoW he can stall the hell outta other walls and pokes MUHAHAHAHAHA

+4 Psychic vs 252/0 Blissey = 31.2% - 37%
    +4 Psychic vs 24/232 Blissey = 26.1% - 31%
    +6 Psychic vs 252/0 Blissey = 41.7% - 49.3%
    +6 Psychic vs 24/232 Blissey = 38.4% - 45.2%

You can't 2HKO Blissey even at +6, while the whole time it's hit you with Toxic, started wearing you down, or Wishpassed to Latias or something and started to set up.

edit: my mistake. You still fail to 2hko Eviolite Chansey though.

Quote Originally Posted by epic_eevee View Post
    +4 Psychic vs 252/0 Blissey = 31.2% - 37%
    +4 Psychic vs 24/232 Blissey = 26.1% - 31%
    +6 Psychic vs 252/0 Blissey = 41.7% - 49.3%
    +6 Psychic vs 24/232 Blissey = 38.4% - 45.2%

You can't 2HKO Blissey even at +6, while the whole time it's hit you with Toxic, started wearing you down, or Wishpassed to Latias or something and started to set up.
    Psyshock...

Ferrothorn and others.

I wanted to make a thread of all the greatest stallers/walls in the current metagame.
    Off the top of my head, I'd say:
    Cresselia (120/120/130) , for sheer stats and access to moonlight (Which is generally reliable healing, but unfortunately is nerfed by it's low PP, so rest is generally better.), It didn't gain anything in the generation shift however, so it (Unfortunately) rots in the prison that is the RU tier.

and

Suicune, (100/115/115) , for consistantly being able to run arguably the most efficient defensive Mono-Attacking moveset in the entire game (A.K.A. CroCune). In the generation shift it gained Scald, which makes it even more deadly by having the possibility to inflict burn, which is especially useful on things that wall it. It also happens to be placed in the UU tier, where it slaughters a lot of top threats, Continuing to be an Insanely powerful pokemon
    Those are the most horrible walls, ever. I think Gastrodon is the best

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast