*Insert clever name here*
    @Life Orb
    Adamant / Jolly
    Technician
    Bug Bite
    Bullet Punch
    Pursuit
    Swords Dance

Directions: Use Sword Dance. Proceed to sweep. Results may vary.

It has been AGES since I contributed. Anyways, here I go.

Scizor is as bad-*** as its looks. Ever since 4th gen and the new ability technician, it has been found in many teams. A priority move with technician boost ans stab, not so much HP lost to stealth rock, a high attack stab that get's more of a punch with swords dance, and an immunity to poison. If you don't have a fire type or any pokemon that can resist it's bullet punch of death (AKA a Skarmory punch), you are in deep trouble.

How can this guy be countered? Any fire type should do. Especially Infernape with mach punch. Blastoise with aqua jet should do it as well as Jellicent. Speakinf of Jellicent, I would recommend that you get one if you plan to have Scizor on your team.

That is all for now, folks!

My favorites happen to be mid-evolved poison types.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataclyptic View Post
    Well, although I do think that Eviolite Scyther is a pretty good addition, I'll go with Scizor because I like it just a bit more...

Abilities:
    Swarm: Could be good... maybe... he really lacks the speed to back it up though...
    Technician: An Awesome Ability that works very well with this Pokemon.
    DW:Light Metal: It... halves your weight? So you take less damage from Grass Knot and Low Kick? Yeah... pretty useless in my opinion considering no one would use these on Scizor in the first place.

4th Gen. strikes back
    Adamant @ Life Orb
    Technician
    252Atk, 252Def, 4Hp

- Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite
    - Pursuit/Knock Off

The most common set for Scizor in the 4th gen metagame, and for a good reason. Technician boosts boosts anything below 60 base power by 1.5x, meaning a 60BP Bullet Punch and more importantly a 90BP Bug Bite, which would make it more effective than X-scissor.

The set is simple to use. Come in on something that you can resists and set up a swords dance. After that, go nuts with Bullet Punch and Bug Bite. Pursuit if you can predicts a switch out, and Knock Off just in case your opponent has an annoying item.

In Soviet Russia, the bugs squish you
    Adamant @ Choice Band
    Swarm/Technician
    252Atk, 252Def, 4Hp

- Zoom Out- Bullet Punch
    - Iron Head
    - Aerial Ace

Zoom Out gets a Stab from Scizor which makes it a very effective scouting move. Bullet Punch for priority, Iron Head if you want more power, and Aerical Ace to take out the bugs. Choice Band boosts everything for you, simple enough.

Partners: It needs someone who can take care of the fire types pretty easily, so ground or dragon types would be good for it. Most notable, Garchomp for being able to do it best of all for its dual typing in this regard.

Weaknesses: FIRE. FIRE. And coming at number three... FIRE. It has an 80 base special defence stat and a quadruple weakness to fire, which is mostly special attacking. Figure out a way to remove these things before sending Scizor out or it will faint unless you have the focus sash or something.

In particular, Volcarona. This thing resists all of its STAB moves and the only thing Scizor can harm it with would be Aerial Ace, which is risky since you can almost be certain it has a higher speed. Not to mention you run the risk of activating flame body which will burn the bug...

Burning is also effective against Scizor, as with any other physical sweeper. Burning can and will cripple the bug if left unchecked by adittional swords dancing.
    Zoom Out? What is that?

Anyway, I will try to do Scyther.

First of all, Scyther has too many weaknesses to use Eviolite, including a weakness to Stealth Rock. Defense is better left to Scizor. Again, stick with technician.

Choice Band
    Adamant/Jolly
    252 atk and speed, 4 HP

Bug Bite
    Aerial Ace
    Pursuit
    Quick Attack/Double Hit

I did not include Brick Break on purpose because Scyther should not be fighting Steels or Rocks in the first place.

Gimmick Set
    Adamant
    252 atk and spd, 4 hp
    @: Leftovers/Lum Berry

Leer
    Swords Dance
    Pursuit
    U-Turn/Bug Bite

The idea is to use Swords Dance, then Leer. The opponent is likely to then switch because they would get hurt a lot otherwise. They get hurt anyway thanks to Pursuit. U-Turn is to switch out so you can do it again. This is a gimmick, but I like thinking outside the box.

So there is some Scyther.
    I claim Buizel.

one of my team members, i made a note to myself where as im not the best but i will make an effort at pokemon i use, so here goes.

pass the scissors
    baton pass
    agility/swords dance/iron defense
    substitute/roost
    bullet punch/x scissor/iron head
    technician/swarm
    leftovers/stat raising berry
    never been good with ev's so usually i just wing it

if running agility, x scissor or iron head, swords dance, bullet punch or x scissor. there is some use for iron defense if you are looking to turn a special wall into an insane tank and with 252 evs in hp you could give that defensive beast a rather sizable boost from a passed sub. substitute is multipurposed. keeps stat drops (and possibly phazing :S) at bay, gives another passable option, can drop you down to where swarm/stat boosting berry kick in, and actually lets scizor sweep a bit with the boosts himself. roost is an old 4th gen favourite, keeping your main booster alive for as long as possible. obviously that rules out light metal which i dont see any benefits that compare to technician for bullet punch or swarm for sub x scissor

chief runswithscissors
    swords dance
    bullet punch
    substitute/roost
    x scissor/any other physical attack/baton pass
    salac berry/life orb
    technician/swarm
    again, i need help with the ev's

straightforward enough, swords dance and sweep. bullet punch after a few swords dances can ko pokemon that resist it late game and with passive damage, can do huge damage. if you get hurt from life orb, roost. or continually use substitute to get you to salac support and use x scissor, which again, pairs well with swarm. you could also run baton pass on this set, getting out to a counter while boosting their stats as well

(there is that uber setup from the last generation but i respect serebiis view on not posting too many sets, just want to bring up that with reshiram now in the uber tier scizor might lose some walling capabilities)

scissors immunity to sandstorm and neutral relationship with rock make it a great switch in to tyranitar (just watch for earthquake(and maybe pursuit if it chases bp as scizor switches back out)) and lets it switch into stealth rock with ease. the immunity to sandstorm also keeps it safe from more passive damage behind a sub.

its slow speed is a problem but its priority and boosting moves make up for that, and agility can be a good choice for a sweeping set given its attack is large enough without a boost, overall a great pokemon and one of few viable bug types despite the emergance of new fire pokemon.

If there's a set that deserves a shout that hasn't been mentioned yet, it's the bulky Swords Dance set which is arguably the its best set this generation...

name: Bulky Swords Dance
    move 1: Swords Dance
    move 2: Bullet Punch
    move 3: Bug Bite / Superpower
    move 4: Roost
    item: Leftovers / Life Orb
    nature: Adamant
    ability: Technician
    evs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD

I honestly don't like Life Orb or Superpower on this set but if that's what's effective, it's what's effective. The EV spread allows it to survive 2 of Reuniclus or Virizion's Focus Blasts. It also greatly appreciates entry hazard support.

Also, I'm working on the Scyther analysis for Smogon. It's typed up and everything, it just needs its grammar approvals. (link to the post)

As for Scyther's sets, we have the bulky Swords Dance...

move 2: Roost
    move 3: Aerial Ace
    move 4: Baton Pass / Brick Break
    item: Eviolite
    nature: Jolly
    evs: 216 HP / 40 Atk / 252 Spe

With Eviolite, Scyther is bulkier than Sizor. You run max speed and while the HP EVs are for magic HP number and the rest is dumped into attack. Rhyperior is a great Baton Pass recipient

name: Swords Dance Sweeper
    move 2: Aerial Ace
    move 3: Brick Break
    move 4: Bug Bite / Quick Attack
    item: Life Orb
    evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

A standard Swords Dance set, nothing new here.

name: Choice Attacker
    move 1: U-turn
    move 3: Brick Break / Pursuit
    move 4: Quick Attack
    item: Choice Band / Choice Scarf

I have problems with what Smogon made me do. Quick Attack is redundant while using a Choice Scarf and I honestly believe that the Pursuit slash belongs beside Quick Attack. Again, a standard set, nothing new here.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Ability: Technician
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 248 HP/ 252 Atk/ 8 Spe
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-Turn
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit

Scizor dosen't need speed due to Bullet Punch. It's speed is terrible anyway

Scizor @ Life Orb
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite
    - Superpower/ Brick Break/ Roost

Speed is necessary for this one as it is meant to sweep.
    Credit to Arkeis

White FC: 1936 1308 4535

Your pain is the simple bread and butter to my plan, yet your defeat will be the sweet, sweet mustard. MUSTARD OF YOUR DOOM!!! - Fawful

Scizor:
    Nature:Jolly
    Ability:technician
    EVs:170 attack/170 speed/170 hp
    Moves:
    Bullet punch/metal claw
    Swords dance
    X scissor
    Arieal ace/Rock smash
    Item:life orb/expert belt
    Boost with swords dance, then hit swiftly and abuse technician

Syther:
    Nature:Impish
    EVs:170 attack/170 defence/170 hp
    Ability:steadfast
    Moves:
    X-scissor
    Arieal Ace
    Endue
    reversal
    Item:lansat berry
    use endure, lansat berry kicks in, reversal, not original, but it works.

A personal favorite of mine is the specially bulky sweeper.

Scizor@leftovers
    Technitian
    Adamant
    252HP/252atk|some assortment of defenses

-Bullet Punch
    -Bug Bite
    -Roost/Swords Dance
    -Light Screen

The goal of this set is to get up Light Screen, and as such boost your weaker sp.def and the rest of your teams. Roost allows you to heal if you switch it in and out a lot. Swords Dance is to take advange of the sp.def. The attacks are so you can actually hurt stuff.
    Last edited by Kheytoo; 8th August 2011 at 12:46 AM.

^Scizor is frail, he only gets a chance to really SD because of his many resists.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    If there's a set that deserves a shout that hasn't been mentioned yet, it's the bulky Swords Dance set which is arguably the its best set this generation...

move 2: Bullet Punch
    move 3: Bug Bite / Superpower
    move 4: Roost
    item: Leftovers / Life Orb
    evs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD

I honestly don't like Life Orb or Superpower on this set but if that's what's effective, it's what's effective. The EV spread allows it to survive 2 of Reuniclus or Virizion's Focus Blasts. It also greatly appreciates entry hazard support.

Also, I'm working on the Scyther analysis for Smogon. It's typed up and everything, it just needs its grammar approvals. (link to the post)

As for Scyther's sets, we have the bulky Swords Dance...

move 2: Roost
    move 3: Aerial Ace
    move 4: Baton Pass / Brick Break
    item: Eviolite
    evs: 216 HP / 40 Atk / 252 Spe

With Eviolite, Scyther is bulkier than Sizor. You run max speed and while the HP EVs are for magic HP number and the rest is dumped into attack. Rhyperior is a great Baton Pass recipient

name: Swords Dance Sweeper
    move 3: Brick Break
    move 4: Bug Bite / Quick Attack
    item: Life Orb

A standard Swords Dance set, nothing new here.

name: Choice Attacker
    move 1: U-turn
    move 3: Brick Break / Pursuit
    move 4: Quick Attack
    item: Choice Band / Choice Scarf

I have problems with what Smogon made me do. Quick Attack is redundant while using a Choice Scarf and I honestly believe that the Pursuit slash belongs beside Quick Attack. Again, a standard set, nothing new here.
    Um... you C+P those from the Scizor analysis? I just read it before reading this..

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Um... you C+P those from the Scizor analysis? I just read it before reading this..
    Yes I did but that's what's effective this generation.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

question, would technician boost power to a move called acrobatics before the bonus kicks in? if so, then here is a deadly set

Scizor@Flying Gem
    Ability: technician
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    252 atk/252 spd/4 hp

Acrobatics
    Bug Bite
    Pursuit
    Roost

Scizor is already pretty dang powerful, and since many people expect the obvious choice band set, this one comes as a surprise, especially if you switch into a dragon using outrage. if acrobatics gets the technician boost before the flying gem is used and the no-item bonus is added, then it does insane amounts of damage (if not, then i guess this set could be used with scyther, who can boost even more with flying stab)

^(gotten from rayquaza is green)^

Just thought I'd post this, not the best set Scizor has, but I've had my success with it, although it was in 4th gen. Okay:

Scizor @ Choice Scarf:
    Swarm/Technician

Iron Head
    U-Turn
    Superpower
    Pursuit/Bug Bite/Filler

EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
    Jolly/Adamant Nature

Surprise scouter/revenge killer. With Jolly, outruns everything up to +Nature Base 120s (unfortunately you can't quite get to the 130 mark) which includes several threats like Garchomp, Zoroark, Terrakion, Gengar, Archeops, the Lati Twins (in case either of them moves down to OU again.), Starmie and Alakazam. Without Jolly, you're stuck at the base 106 mark, which is... Liepard... uh, yeah, that's a pretty bid difference. You will be hitting significantly harder though.

The basic idea is to outrun these and hit them harder than Bullet Punch would've. Iron Head's flinch rate finally gets put to use here, which can save you... but don't count on it. (I don't think it ever saved me, but then again, I'm chronicly unlucky)

U-Turn is for scouting, or cheap damage

Superpower hits... stuff. And the stat drop isn't a big deal when you consider the nature of a choice set. Actually, A STABed Iron Head has the exact same power as non-STABed Superpower, so take your pick against Ice and Rock types.

The last move is basically filler, but you do outrun a fair few things that hate Pursuit. Being locked into it isn't fun though. Technician Bug Bite is stronger than U-Turn, in case you want a power option.

Ability doesn't really matter much, but if you're using no Technician boosted moves there's no need to use it, so you may as well go Swarm. It won't help much, but that's a big step up over not doing anything.

Really though, the main reason I'd suggest this set if if you like Scizor but don't want the stupid Youtube noobs murdering you for so much as touching Bullet Punch. Man they can be so annoying. On that note, here's a set I DO NOT advise using. (And yes, I actually saw someone on Youtube use this. Really.)

DO NOT USE THIS SET EVER!!!

Scizor @ Silverpowder [it's most likely going to be this]
    Technician

Silver Wind
    Air Slash
    Vacuum Wave
    Agility

EVs 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd, 4 blah
    Modest Nature

ZOMG Silver Wind does BIG BIG DAMAGE. It do 27% to Alakazam lololololol. [That's WITH Silverpoweder by the way.] Air Slash pwn Conkeldurr good. It do 13% DAMAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it not have max HP, it do 16%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Vac Wav hit Lucario with surprise, for MASSIVE 16% DAMAGE LOLOLOLOL!

And those calculations above were the maximums. And this guy was hailed as a paragon of originality.

Disclaimer: This is a joke, and not meant to offend anyone. My mockery is directed purely at the set itself.

Scizor the Slayer

For a long time in 4th Gen, Scizor was considered an uber-slayer. While this isn't quite as true now, Scizor can still handle a lot of threats from the uber tier.

Scizor@Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    EVS: 4HP/252ATK/252SPD
    Roost
    U-Turn
    Pursuit
    Bullet Punch

Roost is there to recover Life Orb damage. U-Turn is there to kill a large chunk of the Uber tier (Why are there so many Psychic typed Ubers anyway?) with Pursuit there for if they run and Bullet Punch is priority that gets STAB and the technician boost.

Damn it I'm late ._.

Scizor

Swords Dance
    -Swords Dance
    -Bullet Punch
    -Superpower / Brick Break
    -Roost / Bug Bite / Quick Attack
    Item Attached: Leftovers / Life Orb
    EV's and Nature:
    EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)

Bulky SD
    -Swords Dance
    -Bullet Punch
    -Superpower
    -Roost
    Item Attached: Leftovers / Life Orb
    EV's and Nature:
    EV's: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD

Agility
    -Agility
    -Bullet Punch
    -Bug Bite
    -Superpower / Brick Break
    Item Attached: Life Orb
    EV's and Nature:
    EV's: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA) / Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SpA)

Choice Band
    -U-Turn
    -Bullet Punch
    -Superpower
    -Pursuit / Quick Attack
    Item Attached: Choice Band
    EV's and Nature:
    EV's: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
    *Choice Banded Quick Attack can 2-3 Hit KO a non bulky Volcarona. Bulky Volcarona? Ehhh thats a different story...*cough*3-4 Hits*cough*

Scyther

Swords Dance
    -Swords Dance
    -Bug Bite
    -Aerial Ace
    -Brick Break / Quick Attack
    Item Attached: Life Orb
    EV's and Nature:
    EV's: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SpA)

Bulky SD
    -Swords Dance
    -Bug Bite
    -Aerial Ace / Brick Break
    -Roost
    Item Attached: Eviolite
    EV's and Nature:
    EV's: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SpA)

I'm lazy today :b
    Last edited by SazandoraMASTER; 8th August 2011 at 3:35 AM.

FC: 2022 2993 1000

Aww no one likes scyther... Well I have a pretty outdated set for him:
    Hit Me With Your Best Shot
    Scyther @ Salac Berry
    Ability: Steadfast
    EVs: 4 Hp/252 Att/252 Spe
    Nature: Jolly
    -Endure
    -Reversal
    -Swords Dance/Agility
    -Night Slash

Ok pretty classic set here. Endure to remain at 1 HP, salac berry kicks in, then reversal to destroy the opponent. However while Scyther's speed is great he is going to be outspeeded by a few UU pokemon so if you'd like go for Agility instead of Swords Dance. But if you aren't afraid then with Swords Dance he'll have some insane power in his scythes. One Swords Dance and then an endure. At 1 HP Reversal will kill most it hits if you used SD already. However there are ghosts who will try to ruin your fun. That's where night slash comes into play. It stops the pesky ghosts immune to Reversal. Steadfast is because Technician and Swarm are both completely useless here. However this set has many flaws such as priority, Focus Sashers, and faster pokemon if you decide on Swords Dance.

Now for Scizor:

Bandzor
    Scizor @ Choice Band
    EVs: 4 Hp/252 Att/252 Spe
    -U-Turn
    -Bullet Punch
    -Bug Bite
    -Superpower

I'm sure it's been posted like a billion times so I won't explain it.

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Uh, anyone mentioned this Scizor set?

Scizor @ Leftovers
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 218 SpDef
    Nature: Careful
    - Roost
    - Sword Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite / U-Turn / Superpower

The most defensive set for Scizor, 252 HP for max. bulk and Careful nature with that EV spread is enough to take common HP Fires, coming from Rotom-W and Latios for example. Pull Sword Dances, then recover health with Roost and sweep with Bullet Punch.

WOWIE...

Sashed SDer

~Swords Dance
    ~Bullet Punch
    ~Bug Bite
    ~Reversal/Acrobatics
    Item: Focus Sash
    Nature: Adamant(+Attack, -Sp. Attack)
    252 Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
    Ability: Technichian

Self explanitory. Get at least one boost and beat the crap out of things. I like this set cause you get at least one Swords Dance up(unless you hit stelth rock). Bullet Punch is priority and gets STAB and Technichian boost. Bug Bite doesn't get priority but get STAB and Technichian. Reversal hits hard when you are at 1 HP. Acrobatics has 110 power when your sash is gone and Tecnichian when you have it.
    Last edited by rotomotorz; 8th August 2011 at 6:35 AM.
    Click image for respective credits

to anyone who puts jolly as a nature possibility for scizor:
    Dont use it unless running agility cause adamant is better in every way. 10% speed boost doesnt matter when you are already so slow

Use adamant

anyway...

scizor is a awesome pokemon who remains near the top of OU it can even function quite well in ubers!

Uber choice band
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 atk
    adamant nature
    choice band

bullet punch
    U-turn
    superpower
    pursuit

acts as one of the best non uber revenge killers not in uber tier. bullet punch OHKOs deoxys atk form as well as doing plenty of damage to sweepers like darkrai, deoxys normal, and other frail attackers. U-turn is if you think they go for a switch use U-turn to scout as one of the more common switches to bullet punch is kyogre and u-turn does around 50%+ damage to it, it also KOs mewtwo. Superpower is for blissey, heatran, steels, as well as any other non uber treats in the tier that take effective damage from it. and pursuit is for catching psychic types on the switch. Its typing and max HP allow it to suck up psychics, dragon pulses, dark pulses etc.
    Last edited by Dark-Tyranitar; 8th August 2011 at 7:35 AM.
    Rate my UU Team
    NOWZ!!!!!
    The Fallen

The Forbidden Empires are open!!!

(Click on the banner for a link)

Clan Chat

There are already a lot of scizor sets here so I'll give a scyther set.

Scyther @eviolite
    Technician, adamant
    EVs: 252 atk 252 spd 4 hp
    Swords dance
    Vacuum wave
    Bug bite
    Aerial ace

A great asset for Scyther is the option for eviolite which makes it decently bulky and definetely enough for getting a swords dance in. Vacuum wave is an anti-priority move that will virtually always go first as well as anti-steel move. Bug bite and aerial ace both get stab and technician boost which raises them both over 100 base power.

Countering Scizor
    -Using Fire is a given, so we won't talk about it too much. Flame Body wrecks you if you get Burned on an unpredicted switch. Any non-STAB Fire will hurt...a lot.
    -Steel is a colossal Type against this monster. Ferrothorn even punishes you for touching it. Superpower won't help it with repeated use, so getting a Stealth Rock in to chip off some of its low HP will help when it returns from a switch.
    -Cofagrigus ruins Technician. You have 1 shot before you have to switch to remove Mummy. Similarly, Cursed Body has a chance to disable you, allowing a lucky Jellicent to wreck you.
    -Those who can soak up a single attack and dish out a Will-o-Wisp will cripple Sciz'. Weezing, Dusknoir, and some appliance Rotom can do this quite well, as can Cofagrigus and Jellicent.

I've used this set one mine.

Trick Room Scizor
    Scizor@Focus Sash
    Brave - Swarm
    252 HP - 252 Atk - 4 Def
    -Swords Dance
    -X Scissor
    -Iron Head
    -Brick Break

You won't believe how many surprise kills you can get with this guy. Almost everyone switches out on an anticipated Bullet Punch. X Scissor when activated by Swarm is nearly unsurvivable. Iron Head is stronger than Bullet Punch even with Technician. The flinch rate helps in Trick Room. Brick Break is for coverage and beats Magnezone who traps you.

That's all I got.

Scizor

Classiczor
    -Bullet Punch
    -Swords Dance
    -Superpower/Bug Bite
    -Pursuit/U-turn/Bug Bite
    item: Life Orb/Lum Berry
    evs: 248 hp/ 252 atk/ 8 def

Swarmzor
    -Agility
    -Swords Dance/Endure
    -Reversal
    -X-scissor
    item: Focus Sash
    ability: Swarm
    evs: 252 atk/ 4 def/ 252 spd

Potw: *stab scizor
    Held item: razor claw
    Natures-Jolly or hasty
    Ability-swarm
    Moves-slash, razor wind, x-scissor, night slash
    DRAGONITE
    Dream team:     Spoiler:- thanks:
        Spoiler:- thanks:
        Spoiler:- thanks:
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/rjmtxt.png[/IMG]    Spoiler:- click it..if you dare:

(if you are some of the people who want a game where YOU get to choose YOUR own destiny and can make YOUR own decisions, then add this to YOUR signature)....started by me but you dont have to put my name down if you dont wanna

Scizor

Abilities

Swarm: not the best ability for Scizor, because a Fire-type move will completely burn your HP, leaving nothing left to activate this ability.
    Technician: not the best one for Scizor, best the best one possible. Powering up some weak moves, like Speed priority moves, is always good: hit first, hit hard(er).
    Light Metal: halves your weight. jeeh... Like we were waiting for it. Grass Knot is x0,25 effective, Low Kick is x1 effective but Scizor isn't heavy... Light Metal isn't really needed.

Till the end

- Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite
    - Endure
    - Reversal
    Item Attached: Muscle Band
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

Bullet Punch for taking out Pokémon who are faster or/and have a 1/4 HP left, so they can't attack you before they faint. Bug Bite let's you eat the opponent's berry, which is nice. Especially Harvest Exeggcute, who has a unlimited amount of berry + it's 4x effective, making it faint. Endure for leaving 1 HP left. That's when reversal comes to the rescue: 1 HP gives it 200 base power, with Muscle Band 220 base power. This will let you faint some more Pokémon before you will go down.

EVs and Natures

Always run 252 Spd. Don't be fooled by it's swiftly looking moves and appearence: it's slow. Jolly boosts your Speed a bit further, but it still is slow.

Other Options

Agility, Metal Claw, Swords Dance, Silver Wind, Vacuum Wave
    Agility doubles your speed, making you faster, which is great for Scizor and the Endure/Reversal combo.
    Metal Claw is boosted bij Technician, STAB'ed and can boost your attack. A great alternative for Bullet Punch, if your faster.
    Swords Dance doubles your Attack. Great combination with Bullet Punch.
    Silver Wind surprises most people, but a great attack for physical walls + it may raise all your stats.
    Vacuum Wave is perfect for Steel-type Pokémon, thanks to the low Special Defence stat which most Steel-types share.

Double & Triple Battle Options

Weak to Heat Wave, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Eruption, etc. Especially if used in a Sun Team. That AND the fact that it's defences are not to good, I reccomand: don't use it.

Partners

Fire ruins you, so use a bulky water/rock to take 'em down. But: Fire is it's only weakness, so that's all you have to focus on. (add a little something down here).

Countering Scizor

FIRE! Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Eruption, Heat Wave, Blast Burn, Fiery Dance, Magma Storm, Flare Blitz, Inferno, Overheat, Sacred Fire, Searing Shot and, the attack with enough power to make 3 Scizors faint: V-create. Infernape, Blaziken, Chandelure and Heatran can take Scizor's STABs very well and burn all it's HP down to zero. Burning Scizor is also a very good solution. A rarely seen option is using a move that will change/eliminate Scizors Ability. Most people rely on Technician. Eliminating the effect of this ablity would be a disaster for your opponent. Simple Beam and Entrainment can eliminate the ability. Make sure you use Taunt before you use Simple Beam, otherwise the opponent will boost Scizors stats to the sky.
    Last edited by svenosman; 9th August 2011 at 3:58 PM.
    3009 7432 7055

3 things about me:
    1. My mother tongue (if it is called that way) is not English (its Dutch, btw), so if I do make mistakes, sorry.
    2. Please send back a PM to me untill the trade is done. I hate it when people suddenly stop sending PMs.
    3. When I talk about a Pokémon in the POTW, I talk about its options in Random Matchup. So no UU, OU, NU, ubers or "drizzle won't activate swift swim" for me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast