Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 368

Thread: The Club Battle Finale: A Heroes Outcome! (703)

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5

    Default Ash Lost?

    Ash may have lost but i predict he will battle iris again sometime in unova and destroy her!
    WARTORLE14

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Great episode. I especially loved Cabernet and Cilan making a sort of peace in their rivalry; and even Langley taking it well that Iris won. Even the Bianca and Zorua stuff wasn't THAT bad now that Zorua just gave up trying.

    Team Rocket, please stop acting like you're still important to the plot of this show.
    Er, they clearly ARE becoming important to the plot again.

    Hell, what Meowth says in the scene alone sets up the plot for the next couple of episodes!

  3. #78
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Havent watched the episode yet, but knowing now that he lost.

    A perfect setup for payback at the last gymfight, I'd say.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Dying World
    Posts
    3,602

    Default

    I don't know how this is a setback for Ash, using Pikachu against Excadrill was a bad choice itself (although I don't mind because Iris won :P), but how is losing with one Pokemon when this is the early half of the saga mean that Ash won't have a chance in the League at all?
    Pessimists are so focking stupid sometimes.


    "History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    A perfect setup for payback at the last gymfight, I'd say.
    How would defeating Drayden payback this loss?

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hellsing mansion.
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Yeeeeahhh! Iris won! And Axew learned Outrage! *dance of joy!*

  7. #82
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wartortle14 View Post
    Ash may have lost but i predict he will battle iris again sometime in unova and destroy her!
    He cant do it without charizard or gible.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    569

    Default

    Iris won huh? Well if anyone deserves the win in this battle. I wonder if this battle will any effect on the interaction between Ash and Iris?

    I agree heartily with Dman about Pikachu though. Sometimes it needs to take a backseat to the other pokemon on the team.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    No, what is fact is that Pikachu will ALWAYS be on the show.

    What is FACT is that every other Pokemon Ash gets means Jack crap in the end. No one will care that Ash had an Oshawott at the end.

    Pikachu should be used sparingly, it's always going to have wins, it's always going to lose, it's always going to be in an episode.

    But when it comes down to only being able to choose between three Pokemon, the last Pokemon that needs to be on there is Pikachu.

    I already dislike Pikachu being used in every full battle (except that one 10 years ago) because the RAT will never be transferred out.

    The least they could do is limit Pikachu's screen time, and battling. So many other Pokemon need it. And I don't care if it was Roggenrola, and Ash lost because Roggenrola lost, at least it would've gotten screen time and would've battled. This applies to any Pokemon.

    But no we can't say that, can we? No we can't. All because of the choice Pikachu. Honestly all it needs is a decent win or battle once every 20 episodes or something, assuming everything else got treated fairly prior.
    I totally agree, as I always say about pikachu and oshawott hogging. But as you said oshawott's time will go and pikachu will say. Hogging the whole series. Used in too many gyms, normal battles AND out in every episode. As you say one battle every 20 episodes is fine considering it will be in EVERY episode FOREVER. Plus I hate pikachu hogging the last slot in the league battle and generally every (bar gary) 6 on 6 match.

    Using pikachu against excadrill was moronic and I had hoped it would be a 3 on 3 match, which I think is fair to say would be a good set up considering ash's chosen 3:

    Excadrill vs palpitoad- iris' strongest against a disadvantage, palpitoad could have won or lost depending on who was chosen to win the overall match.

    emolga vs snivy- rivalry, snivy whoops emolga

    axew vs pikachu- walking pokemon, pikachu wins, obviously.
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

    Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

    Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,950

    Default

    Pikachu's always going to be around and be used wether we like it or not, for those of you hating on it, get over yourselves.

    I really don't mind Iris winning, but if she keeps calling Ash a kid over the next few episodes and starts acting like a snob because she beat him with type advantage then i will seriously doubt that the decision to have her win here was a good one and no different than Ash losing to Paul or Trip.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    How would defeating Drayden payback this loss?
    They were clearly reffering to Iris, we don't know who he will face in the last gym despite some on the forum being convinced they are psychic-typed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Pikachu's always going to be around and be used wether we like it or not, for those of you hating on it, get over yourselves.

    I really don't mind Iris winning, but if she keeps calling Ash a kid over the next few episodes and starts acting like a snob because she beat him with type advantage then i will seriously doubt that the decision to have her win here was a good one and no different than Ash losing to Paul or Trip.
    I'll assume you NOT reffering to me seeing as I am not 'hating on' Pikachu. Obviously pikachu fanboys and girls don't think the vast screentime he recieves is unfair and not only should recieve equal but MORE screentime than all other team members, wheras I think it should get the least out of the all pokemon on the main cast.

    Not everyone has to agree with you.
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

    Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

    Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,950

    Default

    ^it ain't just you, this thread's turning into one Pikachu bash fest and it needs to stop.--

    and to think people used to get on Pikachu for winning battles like if it had beaten Excadrill, but when it loses it gets bashed too.

    Just like always the fandom is never pleased.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    670

    Default

    What about the feathers? ><
    RandomOne

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    spokane, washington
    Posts
    475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Pikachu's always going to be around and be used wether we like it or not, for those of you hating on it, get over yourselves.

    I really don't mind Iris winning, but if she keeps calling Ash a kid over the next few episodes and starts acting like a snob because she beat him with type advantage then i will seriously doubt that the decision to have her win here was a good one and no different than Ash losing to Paul or Trip.
    I agree I'm happy she won and Ash can learn from this defeat but now their she use this for reference when calling him a kid which is really annoying.
    White FC: 1334 7028 3541
    Black2 FC: 1249 6749 9360
    3DS FC: 1719 4581 9302

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,902

    Default

    Well I had a slight fear this would happen, I'm not upset honestly, sure Iris stole the spotlight in the last two episodes and sure Axew won with having a minor disadvantage of his own, even learning a new attack in the process, but we all know she won cause of a major type adavantage. I can only wonder if the writers didn't want Ash to win this tournement and then go on to win his Gym battle, though they could've just did what they did in Sinnoh with the Hearthome Tag Battle
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    203

    Default

    this might be a bit too much speculation for the episode discussion thread, but I really think the writers had Iris win here to set up a more significant victory for Ash later on: namely, the Opelucid Gym.

    I may be way off, and there's obviously no way to know for many many months, but I've got a strong gut feeling (that's even stronger after this episode) that Ash will defeat Iris to earn his Legend Badge.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    I really don't mind Iris winning, but if she keeps calling Ash a kid over the next few episodes and starts acting like a snob because she beat him with type advantage then i will seriously doubt that the decision to have her win here was a good one and no different than Ash losing to Paul or Trip.
    Highly doubtful, she seemed perfectly gracious toward Ash when she won here, and she'll be too busy focusing on Meowth to boast about it anyway. And she wouldn't call him a kid because he lost; she only calls him that when he acts a certain way.

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,136

    Default

    I knew iris would win, I love her and she's awesome

    It's about time iris get her spotlight, she really deserves it, especially after taking so much unnecessary crap from fans

  19. #94
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Pikachu seriously needs to learn some new moves, fast.
    Like dman said, Satoshi has to use another pokemon instead not learn new moves, the tihng just learned one, this will tell him probably to stop playing around with the typings, obviously he didn't know Iris would use Excadrill but even Axew has resistance to electric attacks, Emolga is electric too.

    It ended up being a pretty awesome battle, whoever won the battle was great :P.

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    I knew iris would win, I love her and she's awesome

    It's about time iris get her spotlight, she really deserves it, especially after taking so much unnecessary crap from fans
    She isn't a real person, its not like she changed her destiny, someone writers her stuff , don't worry about the fans that are bashing even though there weren't much, the people that wanted Satoshi to win, weren't bashing Iris.

    Oh guys for the last time, Kodomo ne is her catchphrase and she basicly proved Satoshi that type advantage does guarantee wins and that is her main criticism with him.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 11th August 2011 at 6:02 PM.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix12 View Post
    this might be a bit too much speculation for the episode discussion thread, but I really think the writers had Iris win here to set up a more significant victory for Ash later on: namely, the Opelucid Gym.

    I may be way off, and there's obviously no way to know for many many months, but I've got a strong gut feeling (that's even stronger after this episode) that Ash will defeat Iris to earn his Legend Badge.
    I thought exactly the same. Plus if she were to capture druddgion and deino or another dragon whilst having haxorus, and her other 2 perhaps 3 pokemon it would be like the in game battle plus extra, so there would be more gym wins to go around. This is what I want, why do people want to see ash face off against some old man we haven't even seen properly yet than someone else on the main cast?
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

    Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

    Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

  21. #96
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix12 View Post
    this might be a bit too much speculation for the episode discussion thread, but I really think the writers had Iris win here to set up a more significant victory for Ash later on: namely, the Opelucid Gym.

    I may be way off, and there's obviously no way to know for many many months, but I've got a strong gut feeling (that's even stronger after this episode) that Ash will defeat Iris to earn his Legend Badge.
    This. Even though we know Drayden is the leader, I think Iris will play a role in the Legend Badge. This Pikachu/Excadrill battle rivalry will end there.

    Still waiting for this episode to be uploaded, but I saw the photos. Not surprised she won, but I'm surprised Axew learned Outrage. I definitely want to see the battle in full though.

        Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  22. #97
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    46,128

    Default

    Iris won? Pfft, haha! That's rich. I'm so happy for her, though. I know that she's going to be getting a ton of hate from now on just because the writers decided to have her win the tournament, but on the brightside, she's proven that she can hold her own in battle. I'm so proud of her right now, but I'm even more proud of Ash since he didn't sulk like he usually does after a big loss. As for the actual battle: I thought it was average. I was expecting something a little more intense, but we got the same old thing that we've gotten before. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what Iris will do with those feathers, and I was pleased to see that Bianca still had a Zorua obsession like me. 8/10.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    I am moving up in the world!
    Posts
    4,369

    Default

    Iris actually won...?!?!?!!?!?!?!

    I will now go eat my entire collection of hats and shoes and will post the video online...
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

    harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

    Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,860

    Default

    Great she won. Now we get to other things. But maybe if Ash picked another Pokemon than Pikachu in the three party, the outcome might have been different. However, just because she won doesn't mean she has to be the eigth gym challenge. Ash needs to battle one with a whole dragon party. I'm not bashing or anything but since she won, doesn't have to keep calling Ash a kid. Everyone knows that now. No need to rub it in.

    My ideal battle ever!

  25. #100

    Default

    Yes, she won. Those EV feathers are so not Ash's training style. The day he goes EV training will be the day the series ends.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •