Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Club Battle Finale: A Heroes Outcome! (703)

I found a translation for Langley and Iris' last scene...

Langley: Iris! Don't get too proud just because you won this tournament!
    Iris: Well, I don't actually...
    Langley: Just hurry and make sure to become a Dragon Master! Otherwise, I won't be able to call you my rival. Well, bye!

And Cabernet and Cilan's.....

Cabernet: Cilan, the next time we meet, let's finish our connossieur battle!
    Cilan: Yes, and until that time comes, let us both continue to help our Pokemon grow stronger!

Again; yay, character development between rivals! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    Iris...won?! Wow, I really didn't expect that. I'm glad Axew learned Outrage though, it looks really cool, and it's about time the little dragon learned something new. I hope Iris does something with the feathers, although she probably won't.
    Ash certainly didn't do anything with the Soothe Bell...
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

The writers really hate Ash in BW it seems. They turn him back three years of experience, his Pokemon aren't being trained and his winnings suck. I hope that the league doesn't have the sme stupid rules as the ZDon battle because if not, then Ash will lose earlier in the league than normal.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    The writers really hate Ash in BW it seems. They turn him back three years of experience, his Pokemon aren't being trained and his winnings suck. I hope that the league doesn't have the sme stupid rules as the ZDon battle because if not, then Ash will lose earlier in the league than normal.
    Maybe because they want him to improve himself better so he could win in the league. I said MAYBE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kariris View Post
    Maybe because they want him to improve himself better so he could win in the league. I said MAYBE.
    And so Iris should be glorified for no reason? Lame reason but it's acceptable.

Urg, I don't like this outcome at all.

I don't mind Iris but the main character shouldn't be loosing to a temporary side character like this. Since he never gets to win the big tournaments the least they could do is let him win smaller ones like this so at least the possibility of him winning a league seems credible enough to think that maybe he'd actually have a shot at.

So what if Pikachu was at a disadvantage. He's better tougher stronger stuff before but of course the writers have to hold it and Ash back by not using stuff like his Counter-Spin or other tricks and tactics Ash has learned over the years.

If nothing else they should have let Ash win so that Pikachu wouldn't need redemption in another big battle. I LOVE Pikachu but since we're stuck with him forever I want to see this regions pokemon as much as possible since whence it's over we'll rarely ever see them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubasa no Tenshi View Post
    So what if Pikachu was at a disadvantage. He's better tougher stronger stuff before but of course the writers have to hold it and Ash back by not using stuff like his Counter-Spin or other tricks and tactics Ash has learned over the years.
    Pikachu's also never beaten a Ground/Steel type Pokemon before, considering it's the worst possible matchup for him. Since two of the only attacks he can use aren't very effective. Everytime it's fought one prior to this, namely Steelix, I don't think it even managed to land a single effective hit. At least here it put up a fight, even though Pikachu still can't manage to beat that type combination. This isn't the Pikachu that tied with Latios either.
    Last edited by Graham Aker; 16th August 2011 at 3:41 PM.

WTF? Ash losing? To a newb? What the hell are the writers thinking? I mean come on, Ash's been to how many leagues in over about 700 episodes..and can't overcome a type disadvantage? *growl*

This doesn't seem right..a sidekick never won a tournament this huge except when Ash was with, so could the writers be planning something huge for Iris? Like a spin-off series of her own or replacing Ash...because throughout this season I'm beginning to sense a patern - the writers are getting bored with Ash so there letting him lose only to be repaced with some one who actually knows her way around the pokeball...

I give up, I'll never understand what goes on in the twisted minds of those writers *Outrage*
    Last edited by Darkmagiciangirl; 16th August 2011 at 5:29 PM.
    Eeveelution Ace Trainer
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/28tw9d4.gif[/IMG]
    -Credit to Purplepassion-

Diamond/Pearl team pre-national dex
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/20gijow.png[/IMG]
    -Credit to Gladeshadow, Dark Valley Request Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagiciangirl View Post
    WTF? Ash losing? To a newb? What the hell are the writers thinking? I mean come on, Ash's been to how many leagues in over about 700 episodes..and can't overcome a type disadvantage? *growl*
    For starters, Iris isn't a newb.

The anime tends to ignore how many leagues, and what have you he's been through for the sake of entertainment. Don't know how many times that has to be said. Ash has also never beaten a Ground/Steel type before with Pikachu in the 700 episodes he's been in this show. Jasmine, and Morrison's Steelix beat Pikachu horribly, I'm at least glad Pikachu put up a decent fight here.
    Last edited by Graham Aker; 16th August 2011 at 5:45 PM.

Seeing Ash lose isn't entertaining. But you're right, Ash hasn't yet beaten a ground/ steel tipe with pikachu before, has he?
    For you, I'm fine with it, Iris is a good trainer and not a newb, the fight was awesome I was entertained, don't really care who lost, its not like Takuto came and cleaned him with Latios and Darkrai.

This doesn't seem right..a sidekick never won a tournament this huge except when Ash was with, so could the writers be planning something huge for Iris? Like a spin-off series of her own or replacing Ash...because throughout this season I'm beginning to sense a patern - the writers are getting bored with Ash so there letting him lose only to be repaced with some one who actually knows her way around the pokeball...

I give up, I'll never understand what goes on in the twisted minds of those writers *Outrage*
    Even though Iris beat Ash, Ash is still an experienced battler. It was only one on one. so it doesn't mean much. Pikachu was at a big disadvantage, plus Excadrill won a lot of battles as a Drilbur, so Excadrill is no pushover. Ash just used the wrong pokemon against Excadrill.

I still wish there wasn't such a restriction in the final round. Even though, the battle was decent it would have been alot more interesting to see a 3 on 3. There could have been more strategy come into play rather than just the straight up, head on, power match we got. Ending the tournament with just a 1 v 1 type mismatch was kinda meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I agree he seems to be getting his *** kicked a lot more, but this Don Tournament besides losing to Iris made up for it all.

They were good strategic wins (besides Darumaka one shot KO lol).

It does give the feeling he may lose earlier in the league, but who knows it could be the complete opposite.

Although in BW It still gives attention to Ash, I liked how in the Archeops episode, It showed how Ash was so good at interacting with Pokemon, Cilan and Professor Juniper discussed how amazing and what a unique trainer he was.

He is the chosen one imo lmao ^^.

1. Iris has "the devil's luck", according to Langley and Cabernet. It's like the writers are pointing fun at her detractors that call her a Sue.

2. Okay, now you're going too far. The Don Battle's just a nice lil' arc where we can see some development and interaction between the characters and rivals, and because there's no counterpart to the Contests this time they simply decided to give Iris her time to shine with Excadrill, who both honestly deserved the win after all the development they had in BW036. Seeing her eyes light up and hugging Excadrill has to be one of the most heartwarming moments so far this series.

3. We all know that Axew needed a new move other than Dragon Rage and Scratch, and they decided to give it to us without having another episode of training, sips and giggles. Scraggy learning HJK in the next episode doesn't matter because it's primarily Meowth's episode, and he needed something other than being "that talking cat from the TRio."

tl;dr - The writers are the same people doing this year's Anti-Christ Superstar: Japan Edition.

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

Quote Originally Posted by Elice_Carol View Post
    1. Iris has "the devil's luck", according to Langley and Cabernet. It's like the writers are pointing fun at her detractors that call her a Sue.
    Langley also said the same thing about Ash. They both did have their share of "luck" in this tournament. Call it being a sore loser, or w/e as they only made Top 8, and Top 16 respectively..while Iris won, and Ash got runner-up.

It's not terribly surprising considering apparently static activating has been considered "luck" in the past. When Ash was battling Volkner's Electivire, and static activated there. Flint said that luck was a part of battling too.

I am surprised that Static didn't get activated when Pikachu battled Excadrill, but I suppose it is only a 30% chance. The probably didn't want to be redundant either.
    Last edited by Graham Aker; 17th August 2011 at 9:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    Langley also said the same thing about Ash. They both did have their share of "luck" in this tournament. Call it being a sore loser, or w/e as they only made Top 8, and Top 16 respectively..while Iris won, and Ash got runner-up.

It's not terribly surprising considering apparently static activating has been considered "luck" in the past. When Ash was battling Volkner's Electivire, and static activated there. Flint said that luck was a part of battling too.

I am surprised that Static didn't get activated when Pikachu battled Excadrill, but I suppose it is only a 30% chance. The probably didn't want to be redundant either.
    Yup, in my opinion Pikachu would have won if Static activated. He got hit with Drill Run, Metal Claw, and Dig and not one Static activation.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    Yup, in my opinion Pikachu would have won if Static activated. He got hit with Drill Run, Metal Claw, and Dig and not one Static activation.
    Static isn't always the be-all end-all of battles, and because Excadrill's part Ground type he might have more resistance to paralysis than other Pokemon who don't have that immunity/resistance/what have you. Also, has Static affecting a Ground type even happened before? Even if Drill's mobility has decreased, that doesn't mean his defense against Pikachu's not very effective attacks have been lowered....

*five minutes later*

...Blahblahblah, Pikachu had no chance, blahblahblah, let's positive thinking, at least he's not Lord Godchu with his Thunder Armor on his terrible Swellow, blahblahblah...

Static isn't always the be-all end-all of battles, and because Excadrill's part Ground type he might have more resistance to paralysis than other Pokemon who don't have that immunity/resistance/what have you. Also, has Static affecting a Ground type even happened before? Even if Drill's mobility has decreased, that doesn't mean his defense against Pikachu's not very effective attacks have been lowered....

*five minutes later*

...Blahblahblah, Pikachu had no chance, blahblahblah, let's positive thinking, at least he's not Lord Godchu with his Thunder Armor on his terrible Swellow, blahblahblah...
    Uh I think you accidentally double posted...
    Being a certain type does not give you resistance to being paralyzed by Static. Yes Pikachu's Static has paralyzed ground types, If I recall correctly it Paralyzed Roark's Onix in on of Ash's battles. While being Paralyzed may have not lowered Excadrill's defenses, it would have left him more open to Iron Tails in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    Uh I think you accidentally double posted...
    Being a certain type does not give you resistance to being paralyzed by Static. Yes Pikachu's Static has paralyzed ground types, If I recall correctly it Paralyzed Roark's Onix in on of Ash's battles. While being Paralyzed may have not lowered Excadrill's defenses, it would have left him more open to Iron Tails in the face.
    Yeah, which I deleted just after I accidentally double posted, what of it?
    Roark's Onix (lol1pokemon) was weak/neutral to Iron Tail on account of it being part Rock type, and if Excadrill got paralyzed that doesn't mean he's completely immobile. If Pikachu started spamming Iron Tail then Iris would probably scream out Excadrill's name and lead the iron mole into getting some flashback of his time with Iris, culminating in him going all Eva-Unit 01 on Pikachu and winning the tourney anyways. That is, if it uses the terrane to start a sandstorm and use Sand Force to boost his STAB on moves like Metal Burst, which knocks out Pikachu because the rodent can't see in the storm.
    Iris won, get over it.

Yeah, which I deleted just after I accidentally double posted, what of it?
    Roark's Onix (lol1pokemon) was weak/neutral to Iron Tail on account of it being part Rock type, and if Excadrill got paralyzed that doesn't mean he's completely immobile. If Pikachu started spamming Iron Tail then Iris would probably scream out Excadrill's name and lead the iron mole into getting some flashback of his time with Iris, culminating in him going all Eva-Unit 01 on Pikachu and winning the tourney anyways. That is, if it uses the terrane to start a sandstorm and use Sand Force to boost his STAB on moves like Metal Burst, which knocks out Pikachu because the rodent can't see in the storm.
    Iris won, get over it.
    I have no problem with Iris winning, i was just stating that if Static would have activated then Pikachu would have had a higher chance of winning. So stop being so darn rude, there's no need for it.
    Last edited by _Taidow_; 18th August 2011 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    For you, I'm fine with it, Iris is a good trainer and not a newb, the fight was awesome I was entertained, don't really care who lost, its not like Takuto came and cleaned him with Latios and Darkrai.
    Just to touch on that quickly, that was a horrible battle. Even worst than this battle. I mean in this battle, at least pikachu put up an acceptable fight. But in that battle with Takuto, the writers will crapped on Ash and his team. Of ALL his pokemon, he puts that team together after he just finished battling Paul. That was a spit in the face to all the watchers of the Sinnoh league. Legendaries or not, they could have at least given Ash the benefit of putting up a decent team to take him on.

Now back to the comment of this battle. Newb or not, she clearly hasn't traveled outside of the unova region. Ash has come up with soo many strategies over the previous leagues and even has a larger move set than the others. In this battle, Ash easily could have owned this battle with using pikachu's moves of agility, iron tail, quick attack, and electro ball. I only say this because Ash for some reason still have not learned to switch his pokemon move set per battle unlike Paul did in the Sinnoh league.

Just don't use pikachu anymore if they are going to reset him in every league. Oh well... the writers are horrible for most of the travel until it gets to certain battles.

So yeah Iris will not use the feathers. She's sending them to Dragon Village via the Pidove Delivery Service.

Wow, that sub came out quick.

Anyway, I guess Iron Tail did do alot of damage since Excadrill was apparently losing alot of strength according to Iris. Yay, for Pikachu I guess?

Is this like the first time a victory theme has played when Ash/Pikachu lost? That's actually somewhat funny when you think about it. Was Ash the villain here lol?

Silverperegrine no need to touch that, I wrote what I did with the assumption that everyone would agree it was horrible XD.

Saw the sub too and Don George put a lot(maybe some) focus on Excadrill having an huge advatange type wise against Pikachu and yeah Iris sends the feathers to her village so we won't get to see them used, when I saw them encased I though right away that she wouldn't be using them but I guess this confirms it.

Really liked all the rivals goodbyes and interactions in this episode too, Luke has pacience I've got to give him that, I would have picked up my Zorua and tell her to be spoiled somwhere else XD, she says she is going with Luke at the end of the episode so she can spend some more time with Zorua, damn I really hope they might travel together and Luke can appear again when she does.

Lol Graham Aker yeah, I though that when I saw it on Keyhole, I was like victory theme Oo(at this point I was thinking of a draw or win to Iris) Satoshi will win and then loses, they sure fooled me.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    Is this like the first time a victory theme has played when Ash/Pikachu lost? That's actually somewhat funny when you think about it. Was Ash the villain here lol?
    The same thing happened in the finals of the Sinnoh GF. Dawn's theme started playing but she lost the battle at the very end against Zoey.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast