Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: The Club Battle Finale: A Heroes Outcome! (703)

Quote Originally Posted by Lance The Champ View Post
    Ash's Pikachu was almost as strong as Paul's Electivire... and if Paul's Electivire had battled Excadrill it would have pounded Excadrill into a pulp... I think Pikachu got weaker than it was in the Sinnoh league
    lol, Are you joking? Electivire almost got KO'ed by Barry's Empoleon.

It won by hiding behind Protect. Electivire sucks.

For anyone to think that Latios was weakened must be joking. Latios was not even touched by Sceptile and Swellow. Pikachu won a great battle. And obviously, people don't seem to understand that Pikachu gets reset in every new region through some seemingly weird way.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    He defeated all his opponents that's how.

We don't know if he was defeated in one hit or not, who's to say the battle wasn't mostly off screen like a lot of the battles in the tournament involving nobodies were? It's not like the writers were trying to make people think Dino was going to be this awesome trainer, he was there to fill in space, along with a few others.

Anyways, I enjoyed the episode as much as the Japanese version. I thought it was an enjoyable episode.

Pretty sure the japanese version had a mention of what a great Battle it was. I think it was a joke of some sort. :P

Maybe ZEKROM made Axew learn Outrage. Think about it, he's part Dragon type too. Maybe he can mess up Axew's battles just like he can mess up Pikachu's.
    Last edited by BurningSociety12345543210; 26th December 2011 at 2:21 AM.

Was a good episode, I'm also glad Pikachu didn't win against Excadrill since type disadvantange. I'm not sure if Zekrom made Pikachu weaker but it does become slightly weaker in every new region while Ash gets a memory reset.
    I love original Pokemon anime (love EP003) , I miss Misty
    Favourite Pokemon Game: Pokemon FireRed

I wonder why the writers even made Cabernet into an angry psycopath in the first place if they were just going to erase that trait from her personality after the Club Battle.

I liked the Axew vs. Golett battle. Axew nearly ran out of luck and then he suddenly learns Outrage and defeats Golett!

Ash using Pikachu against Excadrill was a bit dumb cos Ground is immune to Electric.

But still a great conclusion to the Don/Club Battle arc.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperToilet View Post
    I wonder why the writers even made Cabernet into an angry psycopath in the first place if they were just going to erase that trait from her personality after the Club Battle.
    I don't think they erased it, but we can clearly see that her and Cilan's rivalry is evolving into more than just her wanting him to lose. They are hopefully setting up for growth in her character so that she can catch up to Cilan.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Golett is cute, kinda sad It lost against Axew..also silly that Pikachu won against Exadrill..hes my favorite :P
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Quote Originally Posted by Lance The Champ View Post
    Ash's Pikachu was almost as strong as Paul's Electivire... and if Paul's Electivire had battled Excadrill it would have pounded Excadrill into a pulp... I think Pikachu got weaker than it was in the Sinnoh league
    This is very true. But people are stating the obvious too much. Of course the rat got weaker. If he didn't, he wouldn't have lost here. Excadrill isn't that strong.

Personally, I was glad to see Iris win, but that's just me. Like other people have said, I might've found the last battle to be a bit more intense had Ash chosen a different Mon, but it was okay.

And the Axew battle was good too.

Not to mention Bianca got to huggle and cuddle Zorua one last time.

Overall, I enjoyed this arc, getting to see a wide variety of characters and how they interact.
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

Not to mention Bianca got to huggle and cuddle Zorua one last time.
    I really enjoyed this little tournament mini-arc, with the exception of one thing. Bianca's obsession with Zorua was cute at first, but it quickly got to the 'JUST PUT THE BLOODY ZORUA DOWN WHAT ARE YOU FIVE' stage with me.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    I really enjoyed this little tournament mini-arc, with the exception of one thing. Bianca's obsession with Zorua was cute at first, but it quickly got to the 'JUST PUT THE BLOODY ZORUA DOWN WHAT ARE YOU FIVE' stage with me.
    My reaction was the latter even when the joke started.

Iris's battle with that fist kid was pretty amusing to watch. Except for the end of it where Outrage came out of nowhere to save her Pokemon. From the looks of the type advantage, Iris is going to stomp Ash in this match.

Well, while it wasn't a stomp she won anyway. I guess that's the advantage of choosing second. Cilan proves to be awesome while constantly beating down this Burgundy girl.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

i gotta say, the hearthome tournament was 4835839374729485 times better than this one. pokemon is taking steps backwards with the unova saga -_-

btw, WTF HAPPENED TO VOLT TACKLE!? WHO GIVES A F*** ABOUT ELECTRO BALL!?

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Interesting that even if Ash didn't get the win, Iris did. And at least Burgundy's satisfied for now, LOL. Plus, I loved the ongoing thing with Bianca and zorua.

7/10
    ;My Shinies: NEW!! 08/21 NEW!! 8/22 NEW!! 8/24 both NEW!! 8/26
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

I don't mind Iris winning but it felt cheap she needed such an edge. I would have preferred Ash won instead of what followed after this tournament.

These past few episodes have been a great arc! So good to see all the different friends and rivals interacting as one big group, hope it happens more often. I thought for sure Ash was going to win, but I'm super glad Iris did. Her and Excadrill have the cutest friendship. I hope Bianca eventually finds her own Zorua so she can stop stealing Luke's! Really good end to the tournament, looking forward to the upcoming arrival in Nimbasa City and the gym battle.
    this hope is treacherous, this daydream is dangerous.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415