Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The Club Battle Finale: A Heroes Outcome! (703)

Quote Originally Posted by Lance The Champ View Post
    Ash's Pikachu was almost as strong as Paul's Electivire... and if Paul's Electivire had battled Excadrill it would have pounded Excadrill into a pulp... I think Pikachu got weaker than it was in the Sinnoh league
    lol, Are you joking? Electivire almost got KO'ed by Barry's Empoleon.

It won by hiding behind Protect. Electivire sucks.

For anyone to think that Latios was weakened must be joking. Latios was not even touched by Sceptile and Swellow. Pikachu won a great battle. And obviously, people don't seem to understand that Pikachu gets reset in every new region through some seemingly weird way.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    He defeated all his opponents that's how.

We don't know if he was defeated in one hit or not, who's to say the battle wasn't mostly off screen like a lot of the battles in the tournament involving nobodies were? It's not like the writers were trying to make people think Dino was going to be this awesome trainer, he was there to fill in space, along with a few others.

Anyways, I enjoyed the episode as much as the Japanese version. I thought it was an enjoyable episode.

Pretty sure the japanese version had a mention of what a great Battle it was. I think it was a joke of some sort. :P

Maybe ZEKROM made Axew learn Outrage. Think about it, he's part Dragon type too. Maybe he can mess up Axew's battles just like he can mess up Pikachu's.
    Last edited by BurningSociety12345543210; 26th December 2011 at 2:21 AM.

Was a good episode, I'm also glad Pikachu didn't win against Excadrill since type disadvantange. I'm not sure if Zekrom made Pikachu weaker but it does become slightly weaker in every new region while Ash gets a memory reset.
    I love original Pokemon anime (love EP003) , I miss Misty
    Favourite Pokemon Game: Pokemon FireRed

I wonder why the writers even made Cabernet into an angry psycopath in the first place if they were just going to erase that trait from her personality after the Club Battle.

I liked the Axew vs. Golett battle. Axew nearly ran out of luck and then he suddenly learns Outrage and defeats Golett!

Ash using Pikachu against Excadrill was a bit dumb cos Ground is immune to Electric.

But still a great conclusion to the Don/Club Battle arc.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperToilet View Post
    I wonder why the writers even made Cabernet into an angry psycopath in the first place if they were just going to erase that trait from her personality after the Club Battle.
    I don't think they erased it, but we can clearly see that her and Cilan's rivalry is evolving into more than just her wanting him to lose. They are hopefully setting up for growth in her character so that she can catch up to Cilan.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Golett is cute, kinda sad It lost against Axew..also silly that Pikachu won against Exadrill..hes my favorite :P
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Quote Originally Posted by Lance The Champ View Post
    Ash's Pikachu was almost as strong as Paul's Electivire... and if Paul's Electivire had battled Excadrill it would have pounded Excadrill into a pulp... I think Pikachu got weaker than it was in the Sinnoh league
    This is very true. But people are stating the obvious too much. Of course the rat got weaker. If he didn't, he wouldn't have lost here. Excadrill isn't that strong.

Personally, I was glad to see Iris win, but that's just me. Like other people have said, I might've found the last battle to be a bit more intense had Ash chosen a different Mon, but it was okay.

And the Axew battle was good too.

Not to mention Bianca got to huggle and cuddle Zorua one last time.

Overall, I enjoyed this arc, getting to see a wide variety of characters and how they interact.
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

Not to mention Bianca got to huggle and cuddle Zorua one last time.
    I really enjoyed this little tournament mini-arc, with the exception of one thing. Bianca's obsession with Zorua was cute at first, but it quickly got to the 'JUST PUT THE BLOODY ZORUA DOWN WHAT ARE YOU FIVE' stage with me.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    I really enjoyed this little tournament mini-arc, with the exception of one thing. Bianca's obsession with Zorua was cute at first, but it quickly got to the 'JUST PUT THE BLOODY ZORUA DOWN WHAT ARE YOU FIVE' stage with me.
    My reaction was the latter even when the joke started.

Iris's battle with that fist kid was pretty amusing to watch. Except for the end of it where Outrage came out of nowhere to save her Pokemon. From the looks of the type advantage, Iris is going to stomp Ash in this match.

Well, while it wasn't a stomp she won anyway. I guess that's the advantage of choosing second. Cilan proves to be awesome while constantly beating down this Burgundy girl.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

i gotta say, the hearthome tournament was 4835839374729485 times better than this one. pokemon is taking steps backwards with the unova saga -_-

btw, WTF HAPPENED TO VOLT TACKLE!? WHO GIVES A F*** ABOUT ELECTRO BALL!?
    Paradise never lasts...

Rebirth
    Current Chapter: The End of Normalcy, Part 2

Interesting that even if Ash didn't get the win, Iris did. And at least Burgundy's satisfied for now, LOL. Plus, I loved the ongoing thing with Bianca and zorua.

7/10
    New shinies week of 4/2-4/9:
    New shinies week of 4/9-4/16:

Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR

I don't mind Iris winning but it felt cheap she needed such an edge. I would have preferred Ash won instead of what followed after this tournament.

These past few episodes have been a great arc! So good to see all the different friends and rivals interacting as one big group, hope it happens more often. I thought for sure Ash was going to win, but I'm super glad Iris did. Her and Excadrill have the cutest friendship. I hope Bianca eventually finds her own Zorua so she can stop stealing Luke's! Really good end to the tournament, looking forward to the upcoming arrival in Nimbasa City and the gym battle.
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Unhappy Pikachu should have won

I was really disappointed by this episode. I didn't like Iris winning as decisively as she did. I was quite bothered by it actually. I think it was difficult for Ash to have won in this situation given the major type disadvantage that Ash had using an electric type against a ground type and the only effective move he had was Iron tail but even so it's not inconceivable that Pikachu could have won. I was actually painful to watch Pikachu faint. He did put up a very good fight for the most part. It was upsetting that Iris won after she spends all her time berating him about being a little kid. It just seems very unfair. I think Ash should have won.

No Iris did not deserve to win. It might have worked better had Ash used Pikachu earlier in the competition and used either Snivy or Palpitoad against Excadrill. That would have made more sense.

On the plus side, as a (romantic) Pikashipper I liked how the battle brought out the close bond between Ash and Pikachu, particularly the way that Ash and Pikachu have that connection through thunderbolt, how Ash was thinking 'I can always rely on you buddy,' and how he showed concern when 'Pikachu is about to hit the wall' (which ironically he did). The best bit was after Pikachu had fainted when Ash Picked him and made sure he was okay, and thanked him for battling and told him he did well. And then they shared that hug. That was really heartwarming. Still it would have been just as good if Ash had been hugging him after they won.

It wouldn't have been so bad if Ash had got a chance to win something later on but he didn't. Every single competition or major tournament Ash was involved in in the BW series and then to be eliminated from the Unova league by a trainer who only brought five Pokémon to a full battle. That was disappointing. I feel sorry for him. BW had a good set of characters and I really loved the Pokémon on Ash's team but the story lines were average at best and poor at worst. Overall this was a very disappointing end to the Club battle tournament arch.

I notice a couple of people posting are being strongly critical on Ash for using Pikachu including to the extend to of insulting Pikachu. This is unfair. Pikachu is Ash's main partner Pokémon and his best friend (and in my opinion something much more). They'll always fight together in major tournaments and significant battles. There is no one Ash trusts more than Pikachu and vice versa and they work perfectly together.

Luke, Cilan and Stefan all have the same eyes.
    Must be a Unova thing...

Claimed by me!

I have to agree with the member who called this episode disappointing. While some of the interactions were fun to watch (I definitely enjoyed Cilan’s evaluation battle against Burgundy—and Cilan destroying her in it) the battles were either lackluster or just plain annoying. The final battle of Pikachu vs. Excadrill was a bit dull compared to a lot of the battles from Diamond and Pearl. It only consisted of Pikachu and Excadrill launching attacks at each other and there was no creativity or surprising strategies involved. Not to mention, the massive type advantage for Excadrill made it easy to guess who the winner would be. It was a lackluster way to end a tournament, especially with a character winning that I didn’t feel deserved the big victory. I like Iris, but she and her Pokemon should have gotten more character development before this.

Three of her four victories in this tournament were completely forced to work in her favor despite her being a weaker trainer than her opponents, and the other victory wasn’t even on screen for the most part.

Darumaka was disappointing as well, as it didn’t even get a chance to show its power.

The worst battle of the episode has to be Axew vs. Golett; it was a big example of plot hax. In order to beat Golett, Axew had to randomly learn an attack that is so strong that Axew’s overall lack of strength didn’t matter. Not to mention, Axew had only recently mastered Dragon Rage at that point. It had not received enough development to make Outrage okay. It’s also made blatantly obvious that Outrage was a plot device that only existed so Iris would win one battle, because after the tournament, Outrage is never used again.

In my opinion, Luke should have won his battle against Iris and then lost to Ash in the final. Anything would have been more interesting than Pikachu vs. Excadrill.

Dipper used Flash! Mabel's accuracy fell! Stan's accuracy fell!

Quote Originally Posted by Ridiculous Reuniclus View Post
    I have to agree with the member who called this episode disappointing. While some of the interactions were fun to watch (I definitely enjoyed Cilan’s evaluation battle against Burgundy—and Cilan destroying her in it) the battles were either lackluster or just plain annoying. The final battle of Pikachu vs. Excadrill was a bit dull compared to a lot of the battles from Diamond and Pearl. It only consisted of Pikachu and Excadrill launching attacks at each other and there was no creativity or surprising strategies involved. Not to mention, the massive type advantage for Excadrill made it easy to guess who the winner would be. It was a lackluster way to end a tournament, especially with a character winning that I didn’t feel deserved the big victory. I like Iris, but she and her Pokemon should have gotten more character development before this.
    I agree. Iris did not deserve the victory at the end. I still feel Ash should have won. While the odds were stacked against him it's not impossible to think Pikachu could have won. They were fairly evenly matched for most of the battle. A strong enough iron tail could have done it. Pikachu probably needs to diversify his move set, learn brick brake or something. That would even the odds a lot. Overall Iris winning was a bad end to what was not a really significant saga, considering they follow the same sequence in 2 more competitions. It wouldn't have minded it so much has Ash had a chance to win a small competition later in the series but unfortunately he did not.

I'm in two minds about BW. On the one hand I thought the characters were good especially Ashs Oshawott and Snivy. On the other hand the plot lines were weak. This episode especially. It had some good moments but overall was not good. Unfortunately XY is even worse. I don't like the Pokémon and I hate Ash's companions. Storyline are average.

Quote Originally Posted by dougtrio View Post
    To be fair Pikachu DOES have a slight advantage against Emolga. With Emolga being part flying and all. Personally I thought Ash went with Pikachu because it was his most experienced. Even if Iris might of used Axew, Axew still doesn't seem to possess the experience Pikachu does.

Personally I think they should've forced Ash in to using Pikachu in the semifinals, that way he could only use a choice of Snivy, Palpitoed, or Pikachu.
    Or did all the trainers have to register their 3 pokemon at the beginning?

Snivy wouldn't fair well against 2/3 of Iris's pokemon. Palpitoed only 1/3 he has an advantage over. BUT Excadrill would STILL have the experience edge over Palpitoed.

Personally I think people are getting WAY TOO uptight over this ONE LOSS Ash/Pikachu suffered to Iris/Excadrill. I don't think the result would've been different had he used the other two. IMO anyways. Plus it sets up the final badge down the road. (Planning ahead? What a concept).
    Except Ash never really made up the loss. He lost every other competition including a candle race and the league ended poorly. Besides Pikachy is still rather powerful. A powerful iron tail to Excadill's horn would have done it. It was a bad outcome and makes the entire tournament saga look like a joke. For me this was the worst outcome in BW. Way worse than loosing to Cameron in the league.
    I support Pikashipping: Ash and Pikachu forever

The gags that happened through this tournament were really bad. The worst one so far was Bianca's obsession with Luke's Zorua. She really should have gotten over the fact that Luke wasn't going to trade with her. The way she treated Luke when he asked her to stop wasn't funny at all. If a character has to be portrayed as obnoxious for a joke, then the joke is going to be more annoying than funny.

Dipper used Flash! Mabel's accuracy fell! Stan's accuracy fell!

Now I come to think about it more Iris's winning the tournament really is the most unfair outcome. She only managed to win her battle with Luke because Axew learned outrage, which is odd given that Axew is demonstrated to be very young and hasn't had much battle experience. If it hadn't been for that she never would have faced Ash in the first place. On top of that she had done very little training with Emolga yet Emolga won her battle too. She only won against Ash really because her Excadrill has a significant type advantage against Pikachu and is reasonably powerful.

Ash on the other hand had trained his Pokémon and had used Snivy and Pikachu in battles prior to this one. He didn't win any of his matches by fluke which makes it rather sad that he lost in the end. In all fairness Ash is probably a much better trainer than Iris, the problem with a competition like this is that the sudden death nature of the one on one battles with the elimination style of the competition means it ends up being unrepresentative of a trainer's true ability. Ash has plently of Pokémon that could have taken out Excadrill namely Palpitoad, Oshawott and Buizel but he chose to send out Pikachu before Iris choose her partner. And so it ended up being a really bad result - This ruined the series in my opinion.
    I support Pikashipping: Ash and Pikachu forever

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast