Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: The Club Battle Finale: A Heroes Outcome! (703)

Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    Lol, the irony being that BW Ash was at his lowest point, so he didn't deserve to win either. We need to just accept that he was doomed from the beginning.
    Despite regressing Ash still performed the best out of anyone else(including Trip).

#1 Battler

Seems like many fans disliked the final match between Satoshi and Iris, but as for me, I thought Luke versus Iris had a worse ending. I didn't think Kibago should've won against Gobit, regardless of Outrage. Doryuzu defeating Pikachu was good enough for me, although Iris didn't need the prize.

I really preferred the Iris's Axew vs. Luke's Golett battle: Axew nearly ran out of luck and then he suddenly learned Outrage like a boss.~ Ash using Pikachu against Excadrill was a bit dumb though since Ground is immune to Electric.

It's a good thing I've known about the result of this tournament for ages and had a long time to prepare myself. I would have been furious had I watched the Japanese episode when it aired. In any case, I may have a new least favourite episode ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutℯ View Post
    It's a good thing I've known about the result of this tournament for ages and had a long time to prepare myself. I would have been furious had I watched the Japanese episode when it aired. In any case, I may have a new least favourite episode ever.
    I didn't see what was so bad about this episode; Ash losing was inevitable. I just wish Iris's prize had been more useful than those damn feathers.

It wasn't inevitable. Type disadvantages mean very little in this show. We constantly see Ash and his Pokemon overcome them. Add that to Pikachu having been in far more battles and tough situations than Excadrill and a win for Ash was easily possible here. IMO it's a bummer that he lost but Pikachu still did fantastic so I don't really mind.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718