Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Club Battle Finale: A Heroes Outcome! (703)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagiciangirl View Post
    This doesn't seem right..a sidekick never won a tournament this huge except when Ash was with,
    Whirl Cup

10Char
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    So yeah Iris will not use the feathers. She's sending them to Dragon Village via the Pidove Delivery Service.
    Is this for real or a joke?

That is a waste, I'm sure using them on Kibago would have been a better option.

mabye the village is destroyed and the feathers are returned , heck she should've sent them via tranquil, it would explain any absence she could've had.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Is this for real or a joke?

That is a waste, I'm sure using them on Kibago would have been a better option.
    Its real. 10charlimit

Random : PokéRadar

Just saw the episode, and this was probably one of my favorites of the 4-parter.

Hey, people complain that BW Ash hasn't gotten a one-sided win this saga yet, so the first 10 seconds of this episode gives it to us. Not a good one, but beggers can't be choosers.

For the people saying Iris winning left a bitter taste? I'd have to agree, though for completely different reasons. I'm a bit of an Iris fan myself and her winning against Pikachu in the finals was nice, but how she got to finals is what annoys me. All of her matches felt rigged in a way...except for Pikachu vs. Excadrill. Iris doesn't need plot hax to win, dang it!

Anyway, the battle itself was okay. The best part was probably Pikachu's spin-irontail since it did show that Ash learned something from past regions. And I don't get why people keep calling out Ash for his pokemon choice. When he signed up his 3, he didn't know he was going to face Iris. And when he called Pikachu the 'captain' in one the previous episodes, that was pretty much promising him that he was going to be used in the finals. Which makes sense, as Pikachu was his most experienced Pokemon. And when this whole Pikachu vs. Excadrill thing happened, Excadrill was called after Pikachu was already out. And Ash and Pikachu fared pretty well for being at such a disadvantage.

Anyway, other than the tournament feeling a bit rigged for Iris, I have no real complaints about it. Burgundy's enigmic moment about Cilan was nicely done.
    Last edited by Juputoru; 21st August 2011 at 2:57 AM.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

Quote Originally Posted by CupidKirby View Post
    All of her matches felt rigged in a way...except for Pikachu vs. Excadrill. Iris doesn't need plot hax to win, dang it!
    I know what you mean, but how was Emolga's battle against Sawk rigged?

Quote Originally Posted by The sandwich View Post
    I know what you mean, but how was Emolga's battle against Sawk rigged?
    Volt Switch working, Emolga listening to Iris, being able to take so many direct hits and not faint even though it's a relatively new fighter, etc.

On Iris' part only, that match against Sawk was good.
    -

* Credit to pokefan#493

^ Heh, Volt Switch worked because there was only one pokemon in her party at the time. I see your point about the other stuff though.

Volt Switch working, Emolga listening to Iris, being able to take so many direct hits and not faint even though it's a relatively new fighter, etc.

On Iris' part only, that match against Sawk was good.
    Actually it's never been stated that Emolga's Volt Switch never worked, she just decided to use the move that way for her advantage. Also, Iris told her not to use Volt Switch like that in the match. Iris did well to avoid using Volt Switch at all, instead using Hidden Power to do damage. Emolga taking so many hits makes sense to me since she had the advantage being part Flying-type. Emolga has been hinted to be a strong battler and this match proved it. I like that Iris was able to keep calm and use Emolga's ability and Sawk's Close Combat in her favor. Good battle and so was the Excadrill vs Pikachu battle.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Okay, cross that. I meant how Emolga used Volt Switch. Usually she likes hitting random objects or the ground beneath her, missing her opponent completely. But I guess that's more towards her issue with not listening to Iris =/

@The sandwich: Volt Switch doesn't switch out pokemon if the opponent is KOed by the attack. Iris pretty much pulled off a risky move by using it since she'd pretty much be disqualified if Emolga was switched out.
    -

* Credit to pokefan#493

Okay, cross that. I meant how Emolga used Volt Switch. Usually she likes hitting random objects or the ground beneath her, missing her opponent completely. But I guess that's more towards her issue with not listening to Iris =/

@The sandwich: Volt Switch doesn't switch out pokemon if the opponent is KOed by the attack. Iris pretty much pulled off a risky move by using it since she'd pretty much be disqualified if Emolga was switched out.
    Actually, Emolga I think most of the time does hit the opponent with Volt Switch before she switches out. I'm trying to remember but I'm pretty sure she always hits the opponent when using Volt Switch.

Even if Sawk wasn't KOed by Volt Switch I don't think Emolga would have switched out of the battle since it had turned in her favor again.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

I wonder why Iris never commanded Emolga to use Discharge... its just like when Ash battled Stephan and Waten Gun was completely ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Actually, Emolga I think most of the time does hit the opponent with Volt Switch before she switches out. I'm trying to remember but I'm pretty sure she always hits the opponent when using Volt Switch.
    Didn't she usually hit the ground? Or maybe I've been seeing it wrong since her capture episode.
    -

* Credit to pokefan#493

Didn't she usually hit the ground? Or maybe I've been seeing it wrong since her capture episode.
    I can't remember everytime but I'm pretty sure when she fought against Bianca's Minccino and Pignite that she hit both of them before switching out.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Losses like this can happen sometimes... although Pikachu is stronger than Excadrill and Ash is a better trainer than Iris... This tournament did not mean a tremendous lot for Ash but it did for Iris after all the good and bad times with her Excadrill and about her goal of becoming a dragon master...

^ True. I agree that Pikachu MAY be stronger and the tournament meaning a lot to Excadrill, but I don't agree about Ash being a better trainer than Iris. XD
    Last edited by BurningSociety12345543210; 9th October 2011 at 9:44 PM.

Iris should have won against Ash just because he used Pikachu against her Excadrill. I'm not suprised at this outcome.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

Quote Originally Posted by Demonsead View Post
    Iris should have won against Ash just because he used Pikachu against her Excadrill. I'm not suprised at this outcome.
    Iris called out Excadrill after Ash chose Pikachu, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    ^ True. I agree about Pikachu being stronger and the tournament meaning a lot to Excadrill, but I don't agree about Ash being a better trainer than Iris. XD
    How exactly is Iris a better trainer than Ash? She makes the same mistakes as he does...like with Axew, she used Scratch on Golett when it clearly was known to be a Ghost type. At least Ash gave a reason to why he had Pikachu use Thunderbolt, which was to strengthen its spirit
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

An episode I didn't like.
    Satoshi showed during the whole anime that Pokemon types didn't really matter if you use your brain. Pikachu was able to use in the first seasons his agility to get past the opponent's defense, and knock them out in a way or another.
    Here, after all he did, using his brain, he wants Pikachu to stop a big creature going at top speed with his Iron Tail?...That is really fanservice I think. Just a way to make Iris wins, whilst she should not.
    For Satoshi, who aims to be the world's greatest Pokémon trainer, this is really a stupid thing to do. Come on, can't the writers make him wins a tournament just ONE time? An easy one also? For Pikachu's sake, seriously.

*Rm*. In short, I didn't like that one. Don't mean to offense anyone. I just didn't like the way they made it.

"I'm a Pokeshipper. You know why? Because I preferred the old Ash and the old Misty rather than the new drawing! Hand-drawing was the best! (Plus, with current technology, they COULD make it like the old ones). And do you know the worst? Everytime I think of how it is now, I just want to cry, because of nostalgia (oh, and because of the opening coming into my head, as well)." ← (Mad)

"I said nostalgia? No, I meant frustration. When I look the very first ep, I love them, but I'm frustrated, knowing I'll never see any other like those. Can't be helped" ← (Psychanalist)

Pikachu has never won against a Ground/Steel type.

Steelix or Excadrill. Those pose the most threat.

The battle could have been better and not feel so cheap. That's what people I think are really some what upset about. It doesn't matter if it was Cilan or Iris who was his opponent. A cheap battle is a cheap battle. I guess it kind of feels like a Tobais rip off.

My ideal battle ever!

Yeah, but Tobias had an excuse; using two legendary Pokémons. Here, it was an escadrill that we never saw battling that much, and he beated the crap out of Pikachu in no time.
    That was really too cheap.

"I'm a Pokeshipper. You know why? Because I preferred the old Ash and the old Misty rather than the new drawing! Hand-drawing was the best! (Plus, with current technology, they COULD make it like the old ones). And do you know the worst? Everytime I think of how it is now, I just want to cry, because of nostalgia (oh, and because of the opening coming into my head, as well)." ← (Mad)

"I said nostalgia? No, I meant frustration. When I look the very first ep, I love them, but I'm frustrated, knowing I'll never see any other like those. Can't be helped" ← (Psychanalist)

Pikachu still did a significant amount of damage to excadrill according to Iris. But really, how was Pikachu suppose to win this battle anyway? All he had was Iron Tail really.....that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    How exactly is Iris a better trainer than Ash? She makes the same mistakes as he does...like with Axew, she used Scratch on Golett when it clearly was known to be a Ghost type. At least Ash gave a reason to why he had Pikachu use Thunderbolt, which was to strengthen its spirit
    I never said Iris was better either. You said it yourself: they both make the same mistakes, which is why I don't think Ash is better either.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast