Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Club Battle Finale: A Heroes Outcome! (703)

Personaly in my own opinion if i where ash i would have chosen my pokemon based more on type advantage and not so mutch my instinct.in my opinion ash knew what pokemon iris had and what their weaknesses where so he should have used snivy or oshawatt.

Quote Originally Posted by KingZekrom333 View Post
    Personaly in my own opinion if i where ash i would have chosen my pokemon based more on type advantage and not so mutch my instinct.in my opinion ash knew what pokemon iris had and what their weaknesses where so he should have used snivy or oshawatt.
    He could only enter three Pokemon and he didn't know that he would have to battle her. He could only pick from Pikachu, Snivy, and Palpitoad. He should have used Snivy or Palpitoad, imo. Snivy could Attract and Palpitoad is a give-in.

I was disappointed by this battle. There was no way that Ash could win, but I was glad to see a win for Iris. I just didn't think it was a great battle. On the contrary, I LOVED the battle between Axew and Golett. It was awesome.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by stanleysmith View Post
    I was disappointed by this battle. There was no way that Ash could win, but I was glad to see a win for Iris. I just didn't think it was a great battle. On the contrary, I LOVED the battle between Axew and Golett. It was awesome.
    I agree that Ash VS Iris was on the short side, but hey, Pikachu and Excadrill used a lot of interesting battle tactics. Spinning Iron Tail = Epic Win. And there was awesome music in the background, too, so that made it all better.

I think the reason why Ash used Pikachu against Iris was that he didn't use Pikachu in any other battles, and wanted to give Pikachu a chance to battle.

And Axew learned Outrage, the most beastly Dragon-type move in the world... yeah, Iris is certainly getting stronger, and if she uses those Driftveil wings on Axew, Axew will become a huge force to deal with.

10/10!
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

Oh, please, Ash was begging to lose with just spamming Iron Tail. Pikachu is level 100? Excadrill is level 200.

Quote Originally Posted by octopusG44 View Post
    ?

I don't see anyone yelling about Iris winning.
    You should have seen the Spoiler topic when we found out.

I wish someone would upload this soon. It's the last great episode for a month or so.
    Last edited by Shneak; 20th November 2011 at 4:11 AM.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Decent episode. It's a shame that Ash lost, but it was a great battle against Iris, though. The battle between Iris and Luke was good as well, and Iris managed to win against him by Outrage from Axew.

So, not a fan of Iris winning the tournament she should have lost against Luke. But instead learned a move out of no where win it when she was clearly losing the match.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Does anyone have a link to this episode? I can't find it anywhere on the internet but searching this thread for the link gave the whole episode away anyway but I still must see it myself. Anyone got a link to it?

I hope the writers don't have another bullcrap episode like this again until Ash loses the league. What the hell?! I am so glad this is over. Maybe the writers can look back at this and realize this episode was dumb.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I hope the writers don't have another bullcrap episode like this again until Ash loses the league. What the hell?! I am so glad this is over. Maybe the writers can look back at this and realize this episode was dumb.
    Why was this episode bullcrap?

Iris and Exadrill have been together longer then Ash and Pikachu. Pikachu also had a size and type disadvantage

Also don't assume Ash will lose the league.
    Last edited by Sushi; 27th November 2011 at 5:25 PM.

Now now, Casey's only mad because Ash lost, even though beating Iris would require Godchu to pull an Outrage on Excadrill.

Overall, lovely episode. I found the bit where Iris realized her victory before running into Ex's arms to be wholly heartwarming.

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

Quote Originally Posted by Articuno_rocks View Post
    I agree that Ash VS Iris was on the short side, but hey, Pikachu and Excadrill used a lot of interesting battle tactics. Spinning Iron Tail = Epic Win. And there was awesome music in the background, too, so that made it all better.

I think the reason why Ash used Pikachu against Iris was that he didn't use Pikachu in any other battles, and wanted to give Pikachu a chance to battle.

And Axew learned Outrage, the most beastly Dragon-type move in the world... yeah, Iris is certainly getting stronger, and if she uses those Driftveil wings on Axew, Axew will become a huge force to deal with.

10/10!
    Yeah, the spinning Iron Tail was cool. Didn't he use that aginst Paul's Froslass too?

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by stanleysmith View Post
    Yeah, the spinning Iron Tail was cool. Didn't he use that aginst Paul's Froslass too?
    Axew,Axew Rock the Axew!

XD I had too

I'm happy Iris won. She already scored alot of cool points now
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

This episode was pretty good. The battle between Ash and Iris was very impressive.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by Nekaku View Post
    Iris and Exadrill have been together longer then Ash and Pikachu. Pikachu also had a size and type disadvantage

Also don't assume Ash will lose the league.
    Even though people know that Iris and Excadrill have been training for a long time, Ash and Pikachu have too. It seems dumb for the writers to shrink Pikachu's level just for another character to get a promotion. I'm pretty sure Pikachu has had more than 99 wins if you add them all together.
    Last edited by Sushi; 27th November 2011 at 5:25 PM.

My ideal battle ever!

Even though people know that Iris and Excadrill have been training for a long time, Ash and Pikachu have too. It seems dumb for the writers to shrink Pikachu's level just for another character to get a promotion. I'm pretty sure Pikachu has had more than 99 wins if you add them all together.
    Pikachu's level wasn't "shrunk" as you put at all. Pikachu arguably fought much harder in this battle than any battle in BW so far so I don't get what you're complaining about. Pikachu lost to a strong opponent with a type disadvantage that's completely normal. There really was no way Pikachu could have won this without it seeming like favoritism. Enjoy like everyone else ^^

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Personally, I'm sick of people complaining about how Iris shouldn't have won because we haven't seen her train her Pokemon enough, so her saying that they are well-trained is violating "show, not tell".

I'm sorry, but when it comes to Pokemon training, it's usually best to tell, not show, because otherwise we get an animated Pokemon Let's Play, not, y'know, an actual Pokemon TV show. You can show it once in a while, sure, but dedicating episodes upon episodes to training, learning certain moves, and whatnot is exruciatingly boring. I'd think the audience could be smart enough to fill in the blanks that training happens offscreen between most episodes, so lengthy showcasing of it is unnecessary.

In any case, with the Pokemon that defeated Ash, Excadrill, we have seen that it's had lots of training, so there.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 21st November 2011 at 3:15 AM.

I think it's stupid that Iris won the battle. She doesn't have any experience compared to Ash. Pikachu should be way stronger than that by now. She did have a type advantage but that doesn't mean a thing. She shouldn't have won.

Quote Originally Posted by -Sarah View Post
    I think it's stupid that Iris won the battle. She doesn't have any experience compared to Ash. Pikachu should be way stronger than that by now. She did have a type advantage but that doesn't mean a thing. She shouldn't have won.
    She's had her Excadrill for a long time just like Ash had Pikachu therefore they have a lot of experience together as well.

Then it's about time Ash got rid of Pikachu or evolved him.

Cause he's a worthless Pokémon and there are tons of better electric Pokémon out there.

But too bad the writers will never get rid of him, unless they replace Ash with a new character.

Really we're having Axew learn Outrage right away when it struggled with Dragon Rage so much, way to pull out a win writers. Nice battle between Excadrill & Pikachu especially with the tactics since Pikachu was at a huge disadvantage, I think a better match-up would of been Snivy vs. Emogla since the writer's seem to have a rivalry going on with them.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Quote Originally Posted by Mew_ View Post
    Then it's about time Ash got rid of Pikachu or evolved him.

Cause he's a worthless Pokémon and there are tons of better electric Pokémon out there.

But too bad the writers will never get rid of him, unless they replace Ash with a new character.
    Getting rid of Pikachu isn't going to be a resolve for all of this. Getting rid of the writer's visions of making Pikachu a reset punching bag might do some good.

My ideal battle ever!

Getting rid of Pikachu isn't going to be a resolve for all of this. Getting rid of the writer's visions of making Pikachu a reset punching bag might do some good.
    Although I hate the resets as much as anyone else, at the Don Battle Arc in the anime Pikachu had quite clearly regained his strength and non-noob status.

This was a very even battle in terms of strength, even though I personally wanted Pikachu to win there's no denying that both opponents used skill until somebody fell, which happened to be Pikachu.

They both had enough experience, I think it just resorts down to Excadrill having a type disadvantage.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast