Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Club Battle Finale: A Heroes Outcome! (703)

Emolga has no problems not being a diva anymore....
    Er, where did you get THAT from?

but the episode still hasn't been posted on youtube
    Yeah, what's with that? It's usually up alot sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    Yeah, what's with that? It's usually up alot sooner.
    this is honestly ridiculous. people wait for this episode for weeks, and now when it airs no one is uploading it. This is not right

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    this is honestly ridiculous. people wait for this episode for weeks, and now when it airs no one is uploading it. This is not right
    Takes like two weeks for them to be subbed aswell

Quote Originally Posted by emboarrocks View Post
    Ash should have choosen a different pokemon-anything's better then Pikachu(in terms of type matchup).
    The writers had already decided that Ash would lose. So it didn't matter which Pokemon they had Ash use; the result would have been the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    The writers are making me hate Iris even though I like her...

So let me see...
    1. Emolga has no problems not being a diva anymore....
    2. Axew learns Outrage....
    3. She wins the tourney
    I do think that there was a lot of Iris favoritism during this tournament, but I'm not complaining. I like that she got a chance to shine. Ash almost always gets all the glory, so seeing Iris win the tournament despite the odds being against her was fabulous. Now let's just see if she can keep her winning streak.

People shouldn't be uploading the episodes anyway, as it's illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    People shouldn't be uploading the episodes anyway, as it's illegal.
    Oh shut up, there's plenty of 'illegal' stuff on youtube. Pokemon episodes are only on there for 1-2 days and then they're gone.

How else are we supposed to watch it early besides the horrible tv tokyo stream.

the whole point of youtube is to upload stuff. And it's not really illegal, youtube is pretty much like your own TV

I like that she got a chance to shine.
    Y'know, way back, people ragged on Iris because she doesn't battle enough and sits out instead of doing anything. Now she's been battling more and more, and even won a tournament, and they're ragging on her for that?

Freaking unpleasable!

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    Y'know, way back, people ragged on Iris because she doesn't battle enough and sits out instead of doing anything. Now she's been battling more and more, and even won a tournament, and they're ragging on her for that?

Freaking unpleasable!
    ^^; Well the thing is you have some people who are fine with her doing nothing and then on the other hand you have people who have a problem with it. Then something will come along and unbalance that making the people who were ok with that tickied at her and the people who were originally complaining are now fine or happy.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    Makes you want infernape back don't it?
    Not at all. *loves Torterra* *is bitter about Infernape*

Quote Originally Posted by fubufubu View Post
    Iris beating ash: pure f*cking luck! she's just lucky ash didn't have ALL his best pokemon! imagine if the pokemon he chose was his charizard! fried iris extra crispy anyone?
    "I hate Iris so I'm going to find every possible excuse to justify why I'm wrong and Iris won"

Shut up. Iris won with her awesome Excadrill fair and square. Get over yourself.

the whole point of youtube is to upload stuff. And it's not really illegal, youtube is pretty much like your own TV
    Um, yes it is. Even if you give credit you're infringing on copyright laws, because you don't have the rights to show their material.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizardon View Post
    How else are we supposed to watch it early besides the horrible tv tokyo stream.
    Uh, legally? You're acting as if others are somehow obligated to break the law for the sake of your viewing pleasure. That's not how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    N"I hate Iris so I'm going to find every possible excuse to justify why I'm wrong and Iris won" Shut up. Iris won with her awesome Excadrill fair and square. Get over yourself
    um that "awesome excadrill" never listens to iris! hope you like being banned because that's what bad mouthing peoples' opinions is gonna net you

um that "awesome excadrill" never listens to iris! hope you like being banned because that's what bad mouthing peoples' opinions is gonna net you
    um that "awesome excadrill" now totally listens to iris! and they will not be banned just because of that, go chill out not the end of the world iris got a tournament win.

What in the world are you talking about? Iris and Excadrill solved their problems in the Dragon Buster episode. He listened to her after that episode.

You shouldn't post if you don't know what you are talking about.

She won fair and square.

Wow it's finally over! But I'm not too surprised Iris won. Everything was stacked in her favor. Though whether like it or not, it's the end result. It didn't matter who won. Though if Ash won, I'm pretty sure there would be bashing no matter what. I saw in bulbagarden and wow, seriously!

Though if Ash won, in my mind, I would been happy, and it would be nice think Ash be a better trainer and Iris would think differently of his style.

Now of Iris winning, the one thing I thought was the more "Your such of kid comments" and possibly i TOld you so comments. Which now be annoying probably the next few episodes. Other than that yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    ^it ain't just you, this thread's turning into one Pikachu bash fest and it needs to stop.--

and to think people used to get on Pikachu for winning battles like if it had beaten Excadrill, but when it loses it gets bashed too.

Just like always the fandom is never pleased.
    I totally agree with you, and some other statements you made. It's true, the fandom is never pleased. There would be someone out there going to complain which is one the reasons I hate the fandom. Fandom love dig up the bads more than the good parts of the amine.
    Last edited by SOS! Its Not Healthy..; 11th August 2011 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    All I hear from the haters is 'baww Ash lost to a GIRL.'
    I don't recall seeing sex being brought into this (at all, you're the one who keeps bringing it up). Kindly keep it away from the discussion.

It seems I'm one of the view that's okay with Pikachu losing to Excadrill but despises the whole situation of Iris winning the tournament.

Why would I be okay with Cilan beating Ash, well why the hell not? I mean Cilan has constantly been portrayed as a powerful trainer. He got his butt kicked, some by people from a DEM, he deserves a little revenge.

Why did Iris deserve to win? She really didn't. I'm not saying the win over Pikachu wasn't legitimate, but the whole situation of her winning the tournament really was just too much.

As other people have said, the entire tournament was in favor of Iris. Emolga decided to battle properly just because Iris talked to it. Axew had no chance in hell at beating Golett but won because it learned the most powerful PHYSICAL dragon type move. And the writers conveniently give Ash the biggest disadvantage and lose because of it making Iris the winner.

Maybe the writers should stop worshipping the ground that Iris walks on and actually treat her character better by not catering every little advantage to her.

Stop giving her Pokemon with problems, actually have Iris give Emolga a bribe for battling properly. Actually have Axew tie with Ash's Tepig, or maybe some training prior to the match Snivy vs Axew or Pikachu vs Axew, have Axew have some sort of struggle and it's eyes glow red, but the battle stops (because Cilan says so) before "outrage can be performed and it could've foreshadowed the eventual outcome.

But no, people just accept that Iris be given everything to her on a silver platter. And yet you same people won't let Ash have everything on a silver platter, and when he does YOU complain. What the hell kind of double standard are you trying to pull out your butt.

Ash has struggled a lot over the years. I don't care if you find him boring. His character and whether or not you like it is moot and immaterial to the argument.

The writers screwed up Iris. That's fact. If Iris was really supposed to beat Ash (in good writing) in this tournament there would've been built up, it would've been foreshadowed.

Even if Iris knew her facts, the only time we actually can for sure that Iris was a competent trainer was BW036, that ~34 episodes of Iris doing jack **** and not really showing how good of a trainer is. Now obviously she was a competent trainer, but the writers could only hint at it because apparently they wanted to hand everything to her on a silver platter when the time came.

Because remember Jeremiah in the DP series, remember how much more knowledgeable he was than Ash in Pokemon. But was he a competent trainer? Was even a good trainer in actual practice? No, Ash who failed the Pokemon quizzes, easily could do what Jeremiah couldn't. Battle with Pokemon.

So Iris before BW036, was just Jeremiah with some hints that she's competent. Instead of actually showing Iris as competent trainer like Ash and Cilan.

Maybe it doesn't help that she only had Excadrill and Axew, but that's the writer's fault, for not even giving her a single Pokemon that could help out in the situation.

You may like "last minute I'm super strong watch me roar as I kick your butt" writing, but it seems like bad writing to me.

Now watch when something good happens to Ash in a similar way, and watch those who defended Iris, watch how they complain. I'll be waiting, and I'll be calling out the B.S. on you.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

i'm okay with Iris winning the tornament but Excadrill VS Pikachu isn't exactly the best matchup ever.

Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

You're pulling the exact same 'double standard.' She got stomped by Langley in their first match and barely could manage a tie in theit second, so even if she didn't actually fight Langley this time, doesn't she deserve a little 'revenge' by coming out way ahead of her?

And about Axew beating Golett - it may have been convenient, but where were you when Ash did the exact same thing MANY times in the past? Did you forget, for example, when Heracross just happened to suddenly know Sleep Talk at exactly the right time in DP183? When Gible completely randomly mastered Draco Meteor in DP185, luckily right when Ash needed? What about that out-of-left-field biting move that defied Trick Room just because it had to? What about Heracross suddenly having Hyper Beam and Sceptile having Leaf Storm, even if they were useless against Tobias? What about Oshawott's shell somehow completely nullifying Pansage's SolarBeam? What about Swadloon magically learning Energy Ball for no reason and beating a four-times-resistant Whirlipede with it?

You are holding Iris to a completely different standard than Ash and Cilan, where she has to be mercilessly broken and suffer before she is ever allowed to succeed. There is something you see different about her that you don't apply to Ash and Cilan.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Unbelievable how seriously people can take this, it's POKEMON.

Excadrill hasnt really gotten a real win so far after he started being obedient, he needed one. That should be about it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    You're pulling the exact same 'double standard.' She got stomped by Langley in their first match and barely could manage a tie in theit second, so even if she didn't actually fight Langley this time, doesn't she deserve a little 'revenge' by coming out way ahead of her?
    Which could've easily happened if Iris just got to the 3rd round. She already "Langley" when she beat Kenyan.

for example, when Heracross just happened to suddenly know Sleep Talk at exactly the right time in DP183?
    Come on really? That's not even a good counterargument, Ash CLEARLY trained his Pokemon before the Sinnoh League, and CLEARLY had a defense for Nando's Kricketune.

When Gible completely randomly mastered Draco Meteor in DP185, luckily right when Ash needed?
    Oh so its no different that Axew mastering "dragon master" out of nowhere right? I can play the game too if you want. Even though I defended Axew mastering Dragon Rage. And again not the best example to use, as Gible wasn't exactly struggling, and all it was doing was mastering the move. Nothing to the extent as Axew and learn a whole new move.

What about that out-of-left-field biting move that defied Trick Room just because it had to? What about Heracross suddenly having Hyper Beam and Sceptile having Leaf Storm, even if they were useless against Tobias? What about Oshawott's shell somehow completely nullifying Pansage's SolarBeam? What about Swadloon magically learning Energy Ball for no reason and beating a four-times-resistant Whirlipede with it?
    See that's exactly what I'm talking about, aside from the moves that could've easily been trained, and Pokemon DO learn new moves upon evolution in-game, see you're just trying to find fault in Ash just because I find fault in Iris. And yet I guess people (you and me) are just to bias to find fault in characters we like. However I think differently. Pikachu beating Excadrill would've been DEM, since Pikachu had nothing for Excadrill, but other aspects that people "claim" is DEM, I don't find them cheap because I look at things differently.

Like Pikachu vs Regice, people call that win B.S. but people overlook the fact that the writers, and the show is on a time limit thus every minute they spend making Ash look like the underdog, is going to be one less minute to making the battle look realistic and winnable if Ash wins.

So why can't I include that line of thinking with Pikachu and Excadrill. Well for starters Pikachu wasn't at a complete and utter disadvantage against Regice, secondly Pikachu's moves were actually effective against Regice, unlike Excadrill that's either immune or resistant to Pikachu's attacks. Third while I think Pikachu is a cute and awesome Pokemon it gets shoved down my throat way too much.

It's the same reason people get tired of things when they get exposed to it over and over and over. Like a particular song, well listen to it 500 times in a row, and come back and tell me it's still your favorite song.

Pikachu is better in small quantities. It shows that the writers want to treat other Pokemon equally, and not give Pikachu some unfair advantage, and special treatment just because it's Pikachu.

All these things = It's not realistic with Pikachu beating Excadrill. So in a sense I'm glad Excadrill beat Pikachu, but disappointed that Iris won the tournament.

You are holding Iris to a completely different standard than Ash and Cilan, where she has to be mercilessly broken and suffer before she is ever allowed to succeed. There is something you see different about her that you don't apply to Ash and Cilan.
    But that's the problem, if Iris was supposed to be flawless and wasn't meant to be mercilessly broken and suffer, they wouldn't have waited until 40 episodes to do this in.

That's the problem. Instead of Iris being the end all for everything, they wait for the worst moment. When if Iris was supposed to be so gifted and powerful, and have things be given to her on the silver platter, it would've happened from the start, not as late as they did.

That's what I find wrong with Iris, that's why the writers screwed up Iris. They made it seem like yes she's a competent trainer but she has problems but then like halfway down the line they're like "**** it, Iris doesn't need to overcome her problems the same way. Let's just resolve them and move on, we have better things to focus on than Iris." While all these things make it seem as if the writers worshipped the ground Iris walks, in the end it makes them come off as lazy, and they couldn't give a **** about Iris. So they just give her good things just to make Iris fans happy, and not caring about how they do it.

I'm not seeing how that's good writing.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I love iris, she's a great trainer, great character, and she deserved to win

haters can hate, they are just butt-hurt and jealous :P

Quote Originally Posted by Evll33t View Post
    um that "awesome excadrill" now totally listens to iris! and they will not be banned just because of that, go chill out not the end of the world iris got a tournament win.
    is iris the main character? no? okay then!

btw Where was it mentioned that Kenyan's dub name is Stephan.

Random : PokéRadar

i think Stephan is a fan name.

in any case, really don't like mini-moding but seriously guys stop it.

to everyone: quit bashing Pikachu and Iris.
    To Dman: you've made your points now let it go.
    To Butler: we get it, you hate Ash and want to find any flaw in him to bash him, you don't need to repeat yourself everytime you post.

i knew things would get chaotic but to this extent is plain rediculious.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizardon View Post
    Unbelievable how seriously people can take this, it's POKEMON.

Excadrill hasnt really gotten a real win so far after he started being obedient, he needed one. That should be about it.
    QFT, if Pikachu beat Excadrill then people'll start complaining that all the development that they got in BW036 was laid to waste and that the mole'll start disobeying Iris again, putting them both back to square one.
    Let's positive thinking, if this IS some foreshadowing to Ash's final gym battle then they're both gonna have some super strong Pokemon at that point, and this win just exists to "cushion" Iris's loss later on, should she become the new Gym Leader at that point.

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I don't recall seeing sex being brought into this (at all, you're the one who keeps bringing it up). Kindly keep it away from the discussion.

It seems I'm one of the view that's okay with Pikachu losing to Excadrill but despises the whole situation of Iris winning the tournament.

Why would I be okay with Cilan beating Ash, well why the hell not? I mean Cilan has constantly been portrayed as a powerful trainer. He got his butt kicked, some by people from a DEM, he deserves a little revenge.

Why did Iris deserve to win? She really didn't. I'm not saying the win over Pikachu wasn't legitimate, but the whole situation of her winning the tournament really was just too much.

As other people have said, the entire tournament was in favor of Iris. Emolga decided to battle properly just because Iris talked to it. Axew had no chance in hell at beating Golett but won because it learned the most powerful PHYSICAL dragon type move. And the writers conveniently give Ash the biggest disadvantage and lose because of it making Iris the winner.

Maybe the writers should stop worshipping the ground that Iris walks on and actually treat her character better by not catering every little advantage to her.

Stop giving her Pokemon with problems, actually have Iris give Emolga a bribe for battling properly. Actually have Axew tie with Ash's Tepig, or maybe some training prior to the match Snivy vs Axew or Pikachu vs Axew, have Axew have some sort of struggle and it's eyes glow red, but the battle stops (because Cilan says so) before "outrage can be performed and it could've foreshadowed the eventual outcome.

But no, people just accept that Iris be given everything to her on a silver platter. And yet you same people won't let Ash have everything on a silver platter, and when he does YOU complain. What the hell kind of double standard are you trying to pull out your butt.

Ash has struggled a lot over the years. I don't care if you find him boring. His character and whether or not you like it is moot and immaterial to the argument.

The writers screwed up Iris. That's fact. If Iris was really supposed to beat Ash (in good writing) in this tournament there would've been built up, it would've been foreshadowed.

Even if Iris knew her facts, the only time we actually can for sure that Iris was a competent trainer was BW036, that ~34 episodes of Iris doing jack **** and not really showing how good of a trainer is. Now obviously she was a competent trainer, but the writers could only hint at it because apparently they wanted to hand everything to her on a silver platter when the time came.

Because remember Jeremiah in the DP series, remember how much more knowledgeable he was than Ash in Pokemon. But was he a competent trainer? Was even a good trainer in actual practice? No, Ash who failed the Pokemon quizzes, easily could do what Jeremiah couldn't. Battle with Pokemon.

So Iris before BW036, was just Jeremiah with some hints that she's competent. Instead of actually showing Iris as competent trainer like Ash and Cilan.

Maybe it doesn't help that she only had Excadrill and Axew, but that's the writer's fault, for not even giving her a single Pokemon that could help out in the situation.

You may like "last minute I'm super strong watch me roar as I kick your butt" writing, but it seems like bad writing to me.

Now watch when something good happens to Ash in a similar way, and watch those who defended Iris, watch how they complain. I'll be waiting, and I'll be calling out the B.S. on you.
    You're definitely crazy. and don't state your (deluded) opinion as a fact. Why write those long essays, all you do with your posts is bashing Iris.

This is just Pokemon, take a chill pill.
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 12th August 2011 at 1:36 AM.

is iris the main character? no? okay then!
    um is Iris a main character. . .yes...is she the only main character. ..no..is it so hard just to enjoy a show these days?

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast