Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Club Battle Finale: A Heroes Outcome! (703)

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    i think Stephan is a fan name.
    It's Kenyan's English name. It was confirmed in an episode summary that was posted on Pokemon.com.

EDIT: Here's the link if anyone is interested.

to everyone: quit bashing Pikachu and Iris.
    People are still bashing Pikachu? Geez. I would think that everyone had forgiven Pikachu for losing here, especially since we all know that Pikachu doesn't completely power-up again until the regional Pokemon League competition. So yeah, people should cut him some slack.

To Butler: we get it, you hate Ash and want to find any flaw in him to bash him, you don't need to repeat yourself everytime you post.
    I don't see it like that. I think it's fine if people want to complain about a character, so long as they have a leg to stand on.
    Last edited by Lorde; 12th August 2011 at 2:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    I love iris, she's a great trainer, great character, and she deserved to win

haters can hate, they are just butt-hurt and jealous :P
    This so called great trainer you speak of had all the odds stacked in her favor, Emolga fought a tough opponent that was not coud not be Attracted and even stayed in for the fight(magically making Volt Switch work as well), Axew learned the most powerful Physical Dragon Move at the right time and her Excadrill was given an opponent that had nothing that caused super effective damage while he had two moves that did and one that caused neutral...yeah she sounds totally great to me
    Her character is far from great, she's a hypocrite and the only pokemon on her team that needed a win was Excadrill, as neither Emolga or Axew should have been able to pull the feats that they did from what we saw from them in earlier episodes

Oh I'm not mad or upset that she won, I just know when things don't seem right, just like I admit that Ash probably didn't stand a chance at winning to begin with
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

At least Axew kicked butt....
    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    i think Stephan is a fan name.
    I REPEAT.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Pokemon.com, have you guys heard of it?

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    It's Kenyan's English name. It was confirmed in an episode summary that was posted on Pokemon.com.
    Oh yeah, I see it thanks. I guess they chose a name like that so the whole mispronunciation thing translates well onto the dub.

Correct way: STEH-fuhn
    The many mispronunications
    STEE-vuhn
    STEH-fan
    etc.

If you can't handle what is in front of you, then don't watch pokemon. For some of you, it's obviously too much drama

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    If you can't handle what is in front of you, then don't watch pokemon. For some of you, it's obviously too much drama
    If I was gonna stop watching, it would've been after the introduction of the monstrosity known as Tobias, seriously, the worst last minute league rival ever...Yet I'm still here, so clearly I don't find this situation that bad, but I don't go around praising characters, I don't even do that for Ash...
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post

EDIT: Here's the link if anyone is interested.
    LOL!!

Let's see...
    Stephahn
    Stephen
    Stefanie
    Steephan
    Steven

THIS IS BETTER THAN BOTCH X333
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    the only pokemon on her team that needed a win was Excadrill, as neither Emolga or Axew should have been able to pull the feats that they did from what we saw from them in earlier episodes
    And if Emolga and Axew lost, you and others would ***** about how useless Iris and her Pokemon are.

Un-freaking-pleasable.

But no, people just accept that Iris be given everything to her on a silver platter
    Except she didn't. She worked just as hard as any other trainer; your bias against the character doesn't change that.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 12th August 2011 at 3:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    And if Emolga and Axew lost, you and others would ***** about how useless Iris and her Pokemon are.

Un-freaking-pleasable.
    That's not true. Everyone knew Iris's Pokemon were capable. But just like in Misty's case, you never would really know your Pokemon's potential unless you compete with them.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post

Un-freaking-pleasable.
    No I wouldn't, I haven't once complained about Emolga or Axew losing, in fact I've been stating they shouldn't be able to win until they get the proper development, so of coarse I would've considered it believable why they lost

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    That's not true. Everyone knew Iris's Pokemon were capable. But just like in Misty's case, you never would really know your Pokemon's potential unless you compete with them.
    And now she's competing with them. So there shouldn't be any problem now, should there?

Erm.... I think Iris is a very lucky girl, I'm almost jealous of her situation right now!

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

Quote Originally Posted by Elice_Carol View Post
    Erm.... I think Iris is a very lucky girl, I'm almost jealous of her situation right now!
    Jealous that everyone's in a wankfest over her victory? 0_0

You know what I'm not that upset over Iris winning anymore as I was before but it still did leave a bad taste in my mouth.

They'll be more don battle tournaments then I would like it if someone swept Iris badly then.

guess Axew isn't going to evolve then if it is learning moves such as outrage...
    Last edited by Sushi; 12th August 2011 at 4:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    You know what I'm not that upset over Iris winning anymore as I was before but it still did leave a bad taste in my mouth.

They'll be more don battle tournaments then I would like it if someone swept Iris badly then.
    I wasn't angry or upset when I found out Iris won, but it just like you, it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth, mainly because Ash has proven time and time again that a type advantage isn't need to win a battle, but he didn't even try to improvise a strategy in the heat of battle, he just went in full force, which is why I can tell he lost, that and Iris had the odds stacked in her favor

I hope there will be another Don Battle Tournament, cause it does add excitement to the show, even though this time around it was slow paced do to breaks

If you think about it, Excadrill has been with Iris even longer than Pikachu with Ash. So looking at it from that perspective, I'm perfectly fine with Excadrill coming out on top.

Well. It was a decent battle. Iris became a champion of this Don Battle Tournament. Very nice. A shocking discovery. I'm sorry that Ash lost in the final round. But he will have a rematch in the last Gym Battle in Unova and win.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Quote Originally Posted by Agility View Post
    If you think about it, Excadrill has been with Iris even longer than Pikachu with Ash. So looking at it from that perspective, I'm perfectly fine with Excadrill coming out on top.
    Yeah, but 3 of those years were spent disobeying Iris, so honestly it was evenly matched in terms of Bonds, but in terms of being fair, no way, cause I've said it twice now, no matter how you looked at this match up, someone was going to get cheated and honestly, it was Pikachu since he was at a major disadvantage, but had it been Snivy vs Excadrill, then it would've been fair game, well except for Attract, and Pikachu would've destroyed Axew, so well, with who Ash entered with, there was no way to make it look like a fair way to beat Iris...

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    Well. It was a decent battle. Iris became a champion of this Don Battle Tournament. Very nice. A shocking discovery. I'm sorry that Ash lost in the final round. But he will have a rematch in the last Gym Battle in Unova and win.
    if any gym leader is going to be under fire from this...i'm going with Elesa, but this isn't the best place to discuss this.

I'm just glad the tournament is over, at first i was excited about it, and some of the battles were indeed well done, while others felt rushed and rediculious.

I just wish that other than Axew picking up a move something big would've happened, like an evo or something.

I honestly think Ash deserved to lose after using THUNDERBOLT on Excadrill. Seriously that's just ridiculous, and it was even pointed out to him that electric type moves are useless against ground types against Sunglasses Krokorok, and then Burgundy's Stoutland made it clear to him again.

I'm glad Iris won. Sure this tournament has been mostly in her favor(especially this battle), but I don't really care.

BTW does anyone honestly have ANY idea what went on between Cilan and Burgundy?
    Go Sinnoh team! Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Oshawotter View Post
    BTW does anyone honestly have ANY idea what went on between Cilan and Burgundy?
    I haven't actually seen the episode myself, but I have read that it's something along the lines of her having acquired a better "respect" for him, or something.

I don't remember precisely what it was, but it was something like that.

/CL

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

I'm not upset any more, at first I was freakin ticked off and almost stopped Pokemon altogether! Now I cooled down and got over it. Iris got through by luck, would have liked some episodes on her handling her Pokemon before the tournament, show why I'd be ok with her winning and how far shes gotten here. Like show her training her Pokemon more before this, her getting over these problems before the tournament but whatever, this is not the first time luck/plot got a character through a tournament like this. I'm just angry that Ash had to loose at a tournament where all kinds of rivals were here, plus some sort of plot could have been given to Iris dealing with the loss to Ash. Guess I should be glad that Trip left early now, he doesn't need to see him loose to her. Another thing, I don't understand what the Best Wishes writers are going with Ash/Trips rivalry. This tournament could have added so much for there rivalry, that tag team tournament was ten times better than this =/
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    This so called great trainer you speak of had all the odds stacked in her favor, Emolga fought a tough opponent that was not coud not be Attracted and even stayed in for the fight(magically making Volt Switch work as well),
    Actually, that fight shows how great Iris is :P

The way she won was pretty cool. She picked the correct Pokemon for the battle (Excadrill and Axew would have been bad picks plus its a male only line. Diva has a type advantage AND attract). She used a strategy that worked well with her Pokemon and when that failed she used the elements at hand to put things in her favor.

Stephen was all complete brute force and Iris noticed that he was using Close-Combat to block Attract. The DRAWBACK to using Close-combat is that sinks your def stats every time it's used so she just kept having this strong Pokemon make it self weaker and weaker in order to not fall under the spell of attract and finished it with like 3 hits. Thats a solid strategy and she used his brute force against him. Thats really what I like to see.

Axew learned the most powerful Physical Dragon Move at the right time and her Excadrill was given an opponent that had nothing that caused super effective damage while he had two moves that did and one that caused neutral...yeah she sounds totally great to me
    The "new attack" thing happens ALL the time in the show regardless of character :/

And no, its more of a showing as to how dumb Ash can be that Pikachu had to fight Excadrill. That one doesn't reflect badly on Iris at all, in fact she went with the most logical pick and her strongest Pokemon.

Her character is far from great, she's a hypocrite and the only pokemon on her team that needed a win was Excadrill,
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    I'm not upset any more, at first I was freakin ticked off and almost stopped Pokemon altogether! Now I cooled down and got over it. Iris got through by luck, would have liked some episodes on her handling her Pokemon before the tournament, show why I'd be ok with her winning and how far shes gotten here. Like show her training her Pokemon more before this, her getting over these problems before the tournament but whatever, this is not the first time luck/plot got a character through a tournament like this. I'm just angry that Ash had to loose at a tournament where all kinds of rivals were here, plus some sort of plot could have been given to Iris dealing with the loss to Ash. Guess I should be glad that Trip left early now, he doesn't need to see him loose to her. Another thing, I don't understand what the Best Wishes writers are going with Ash/Trips rivalry. This tournament could have added so much for there rivalry, that tag team tournament was ten times better than this =/
    It was not by luck, Excadrill is a strong Pokemon, Axew's moves are good. Even Scratch is better than it was(I'm assuming), but still not as good as the others.

Emolga has listened to Iris before, maybe it thought that it was an important match for Iris, so she shouldn't stuff it up. Plus, it was okay for it to mess around before, but not in this match.

Ash and Trip not battling is perfect in my opinion, because unlike the tag battle tournament, this has rivals, at least 4-5 rivals, not sure about Luke, even though we might see him again and who knows, maybe he could want to document the 8 gyms and the league. As a side objective.

The rivals shouldn't of battle each other because this just seemed like a tournament where a group of rivals battle others in a mixed selection. So that they can get back to their rivalry battles afterwards and that's exactly what happened.

The tournament was great, Iris got 3 great wins in my opinion(Battling Yohshihiko wasn't that great of a battle). I like Ash, but I'm happy that Iris got a big victory like this.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast