Page 1 of 74 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 1844

Thread: What is "Wrong" with Homosexuality?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    832

    Default What is "Wrong" with Homosexuality?

    EDIT: Original Title
    What is wrong with gay people?
    changed to
    What is "wrong" with gay people?
    changed to
    The Gay Marriage Circle-Debate-Athon
    even though this thread never had anything to do with gay marriage.

    EDIT: Thread title restored.
    EDIT: Changed to
    What is "Wrong" with Homosexuality?
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

    Don't say "nothing".
    wrong   /rɔŋ, rɒŋ/ Show Spelled[rawng, rong] Show IPA
    adjective
    1. not in accordance with what is morally right or good: a wrong deed.
    2. deviating from truth or fact; erroneous: a wrong answer.
    3. not correct in action, judgment, opinion, method, etc., as a person; in error: You are wrong to blame him.
    4. not proper or usual; not in accordance with requirements or recommended practice: the wrong way to hold a golf club.
    5. out of order; awry; amiss: Something is wrong with the machine.
    Before you cite the other definitions and say they don't apply it doesn't matter because that's not how definitions work.

    Quote Originally Posted by http://gaylife.about.com
    How many gay people are there in the United States?
    The Williams Institute at the UCLA School of Law, a sexual orientation law and public policy think tank, estimates that 9 million (about 3.8%) of Americans identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender (2011). The institute also found that bisexuals make up 1.8% of the population, while 1.7% are gay or lesbian. Transgender adults make up 0.3% of the population.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://sports.yahoo.com
    Top 10 Highest Free Throw Percentage Shooters in NBA History

    1. Steve Nash(notes) - .9041

    Steve Nash is currently the all time best free throw shooter by percentage at .9041. Nash has led the league twice in free throw percentage and shot over 90% from the line 6 times in his career. He is currently shooting .915 from the line this season.
    Steve Nash has free throws on lock. If he misses one to lose a game thousands of basketball fans everywhere will scream that it's a fluke.
    He misses almost 1 in 10 free throws. 1 in 10 of these free throws is flawed. One of them is wrong.

    As a generous estimate 1 in 27 people some how wind up desiring their own sex or mangling their bodies. 1 in 27 humans are then flawed. One of them is wrong.

    Only 1 in 27.

    That leaves two theories:
    a.) LGBT's are bungled in the brain
    b.) LGBT's are bungled physically

    One could either claim that due to bad formative experiences or mental trauma they wound up desiring their own sex.
    Psychological trauma (Greek: Ψυχολογικό τραύμα - Psychologico travma) is a type of damage to the psyche that occurs as a result of a traumatic event. When that trauma leads to posttraumatic stress disorder, damage may involve physical changes inside the brain and to brain chemistry, which changes the person's response to future stress.
    Homosexuals can then be said to have "brain damage". Either something is wrong with them psychologically or physically.
    Brain injuries often create impairment or disability which can vary greatly in severity. In cases of serious brain injuries, the likelihood of areas with permanent disability is great, including neurocognitive deficits, delusions (often specifically monothematic delusions), speech or movement problems, and mental handicap. There will also be personality changes. The most severe cases result in coma or even persistent vegetative state. Even a mild incident can have long term effects or cause symptoms to appear years later.
    impairment /im·pair·ment/ (im-pār´ment) any abnormality of, partial or complete loss of, or loss of the function of, a body part, organ, or system.
    ab·nor·mal·i·ty   /ˌćbnɔrˈmćlɪti/ Show Spelled[ab-nawr-mal-i-***] Show IPA
    noun, plural -ties.
    1. an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
    1 in 27.

    Another option is genetics, in which case the gene is either sex-linked
    Quote Originally Posted by sex-linked trait
    A trait associated with a gene that is carried only by the male or female parent.
    (demonstrably false), or a phenotypic trait
    A trait is a distinct variant of a phenotypic character of an organism that may be inherited, environmentally determined or be a combination of the two
    which makes slightly more sense (explains bisexuality)     Spoiler:- :

    One could also conclude that each gay individual has a malformed gland or gene that controls a normal sex drive. Perhaps a faulty chromosome. Faulty chromosome, hmmm, sounds like something I know of called Down syndrome.

    YOU BE THE JUDGE

    Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    Hmm. Hm hm hm. For the time being, folks, I'm going to leave this open. I'll give you my reasons, so you can understand.

    1. I completely disagree with Alleviate's stance on homosexuality, but I respect the effort he put into making this thread as logical, secular, and inoffensive as possible. And in terms of "gay" threads, you all should understand that such an effort is remarkably uncommon. Rather than calling homosexuality "wrong" from any insult-based perspective, he gave a more neutral definition of simply "irregular or not recommended." There is certainly still much in his definition and his argument that can be strongly refuted, so if you disagree with Alleviate's opening post, please clearly and calmly debate those points.

    2. The visitors to the Debate forum clearly feel the need to debate something about homosexuality, as annoying as that is. I could be (and have been) closing every thread on sight, and place a moratorium on the topic, but because people here eternally lack reading comprehension when it comes to rules and notices, it would only add more work in terms of closings and infractions for me. I figure we may as well deal with the best we've got, and as told in my previous reason, I think this thread is as good a homosexuality topic as we're likely to get unless some famous intellectual decides to hit up SPPf for a trade and a controversial argument.



    I do hope everyone will respect my decision and my reasons. If there does come a point where the participants simply cannot avoid flaming and spamming, then naturally this thread will have to be closed. Until that time comes (and if you think it has come, please PM me with your proofs), I request that people avoid posting things like "this thread is stupid," "inb4Profesco," "waiting for lock!" and other such spam. I'm being lenient on the topic, not on the posters. Spam and flames will still be infracted, so you'd all best avoid them.

    Also, I have been busy offline of late (and will continue to be so), so if I don't catch all of your concerns in a timely fashion, I ask your pardon.
    Last edited by Alleviate; 27th October 2011 at 1:29 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Im just curious as to why this forum has so many threads about gays.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    832

    Default

    I decided to take it upon myself to finally make a good one. From the other perspective nonetheless.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Funky Town, USA
    Posts
    118

    Default

    So you're basically proffering the idea that homosexuals are damaged in some way. Now what?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Elsa's Ice Palace.
    Posts
    3,528

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In my own world
    Posts
    5,545

    Default

    One word. Nothing.

    And who are you or anyone else for that matter to decide something is unusual? Unnatural? No one really can go around saying that unless it's really unnatural like something that only just started and is not the norm, not something that has been present for hundreds of years, far as long as straight people have able to fall in love with each other, the day that humans were capable of love, that's when it became.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.


    Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

    And so the fifth generation begins...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    832

    Default

    You two must be bad with the dictionary. Also do not get anxious, limit yourself to words present in the OP. Why is 'nothing' wrong with them? Seems impossible.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    usa fl
    Posts
    192

    Default

    LOL "mentel tramua" WOW "brain damage" AWSOME. You are plain rude. Its natural, acting on it is a whole other story.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it!†
    3DS Friend Code: 0259-0382-9559
    White Friend Code: 0218-1984-0639

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shiver Star
    Posts
    2,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alleviate View Post
    I decided to take it upon myself to finally make a good one. From the other perspective nonetheless.
    You're not doing a good job of it.

    I would ask, "What's wrong with you?" but I already know what it is. You're 9. You posted that on my wall, but I deleted that because I thought you finally got banned, but you were only temporarily suspended. It looks like that problem might soon be alleviated.
    Jackpot!

    I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

    Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In my own world
    Posts
    5,545

    Default

    Nowhere does the Dictionary even reference homosexuality in your post, nor do I really care because there is nothing wrong with it. Otherwise then there is something wrong with heterosexuality, and then we might as well back it up to the word Love, there must be something wrong with every single person on the planet who falls in love then.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.


    Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

    And so the fifth generation begins...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    127

    Default

    There is absolutely nothing wrong with gay people. Its completely natural, and its a life decision the way I'm seeing things. It has nothing to do with "brain damage".
    ~~Insert Creative Sig Here~~

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Well what do you want us to say? Gay people are mental? If you're going to troll, at least make it entertaining.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Where the violence rules
    Posts
    1,304

    Default

    "4. not proper or usual; not in accordance with requirements or recommended practice: the wrong way to hold a golf club. "

    Sexual orientation is not golf, what two consenting adults do is their own business and there is no "correct" practice beyond that.
    .TraX. - The sleepy one.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    What's right with Gay people?

    All jokes aside, there is nothing wrong with gay people. In fact, the word gay shouldn't even apply. It's real definition is merry or joyous. The punks of the late 20th century and 21 century have just discombobulated the word into an offensive word towards a group in society.

    Odds are, there's something wrong with those that cannot accept the hmomsexual society, namely in North America, where most of the discrimination occurs. It's a way of life for some people. If a human's goals are to be sucessful in life, how must sexuality determine this?

    /closethread

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Je suis mort et dans un fossé
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Don't say "nothing".
    Nothing.

    There is no such thing as normality in humans. Sexual reproduction allows for variation. Variation is good in a species.

    You could also say "What is wrong with tall/short/brunette/blonde/ginger/white/black people?" Just because someone possesses a trait or aspect of their personality which differs with the majority of the population doesn't mean that something is wrong with them.

    One could also conclude that each gay individual has a malformed gland or gene that controls a normal sex drive. Perhaps a faulty Y chromosome. Faulty chromosome, hmmm, sounds like something I know of called Down syndrome.
    If you knew anything about genes you'd know that only males have a Y chromosome. Explain lesbians to me then.



    Please find a hobby that isn't attempting to prove anyone LGBT is unnatural.


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Cool Cool River
    Posts
    2,760

    Default

    Not all definitions need to be applied to this if you want to apply your original logic.

    If someone holds a golf club in the "wrong" manner, they could still end up playing Golf successfully. It doesn't necessarily mean that they are flawed.

    Likewise, if a man has sex with other men, then ok, according to that definition (which is, let's be honest, very if ever used in that context you highlighted) he is wrong in that he is not (strictly) normal. Though this is not to say that this is a flaw. Wrong in this case is simply being substituted for different.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Hoenn
    Posts
    1,081

    Default

    Listen, I don't care if you don't wanna see it, but there is nothing wrong with people who have a homosexual preference. They're still human, and the more you act like they're "broken" or "wrong", the less it makes me think that you are human.

    Grow. Up.

    Third Gen: 60 • Fourth Gen: 89 • Fifth Gen: 64 • Sixth Gen: 67
    Kanto: 53 • Johto: 47 • Hoenn: 63 • Sinnoh: 45 • Unova: 45 • Kalos: 27


    Level 100 Pokémon #281: The Lost, the Mega Banette
    Pokémon 3 of 12 • Total Exp: 2,772,133 / 12,149,860 (22.816%)


    Level: 51 • Exp: 112,273 / 800,000 (14.0%) • Exp. Multiplier: 2.7x
    Move Set: Phantom Force, Feint Attack, Pain Split, Will-O-Wisp
    Ability: Insomnia / Prankster • Nature: Lonely • Started: 12-28-2014

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    yo mamas place
    Posts
    883

    Default

    I read the title and lol'ed.

    No nothing is wrong with gay people. Its a genetic and everyone is different genetically. We're all 'wrong' if you think about it.
    "Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . . unnatural?" Bill Hicks, Dec 16th 1961 - Feb 26th 1994

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    Nothing. There is nothing wrong being in love with someone of the same sex. They're still Human and they aren't doing anything wrong.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The world that never was
    Posts
    72

    Default

    One in ten people are left handed.... by your logic, does that make them damaged also?
    As a gay person in a long term relationship of seven years, I do find all these threads about how "wrong" my existence is ever so tiresome... why not use this energy to actually search for your own reason to exist in life rather than choosing to condemn minority groups and the lives they lead...

    Gay people aren't just people on tv, magazines or playground insults... we are actual people, funny enough, who have families, go to school and work, live and experience life just like any other person... and yet somehow are forever having to justify ourselves and our reasons for living continuously to ignorant close-minded people who somehow believe they are superior just because they can get some drunk gir knocked up at a house party and spend the rest of their life sponging off the taxes the rest of us pay!

    Do me a favour and post a definition as to why YOU exist!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    The North (Pole) of France
    Posts
    601

    Default

    Nothing...and if we go this way I am even wronger(is that a word?) than any homosexual person...THEY have a sexuality, I don't have...
    3DS Friend Code: 2895 6298 8523. PM me if you add me ^^
    I am a grass type with Ivysaur, Pansage and Gogoat
    Looking for Friend Safaris with : Vullaby, Inkay, Swirlix, Emolga, Galvantula, Tranquill, tropius, Maractus, Nincada, Ariados, Muk, Foretress, Bronzong, Excadrill, Krabby, Azumarill
    PM me if you have one of those


    Restarted X: Currently going to Café Lysandre
    For those who added me before try to connect more often, I'll also try in order to get you back on my PSS

    Little brother Friend code: 4270-2625-9622
    Grass safari: Oddish-Petilil-??? (He has 5 badges currently)
    please help him fill his friend safari

  22. #22

    Default

    I completely disagree with the basis for your OP. Just because something is unusual doesn't mean it's wrong. Are left handed people wrong? What about redheads? Sorry. You're going about this the wrong way.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Well tbh I understand both sides of logic. I don't hate gay people, what they do is their own business, but the fact remains that they are technically outside of the norm, and were they not, it would mean the inevitable extinction of our species. Therefore, by the logic of adaptation and survival of the fittest, this is an inferior preference the end result of which would eradicate humanity. Though it is inappropriate to voice such an opinion, it is just that and everyone has a right to their own.
    I am a child of GOD and proud of it.

    I have only one setting, and thats MAXIMUM PWNAGE!

    Platinum:1592-1825-2936
    HG: 3052-9634-0910
    Black: 4684-9108-2688
    Black Random Matchup Record:23-19 (minus 3 ragequit DC's and two accidental DC's...)
    Subway streak: 35
    White: 3611-3189-9624
    White Random Matchup Record:
    Name: Cyrus. i hav finally arrived on wifi, tremble before my might, mwuhahaha! pm for trades and battles.
    http://www.freewebs.com/cdawg3574/cystradeemporium.htm this is my trading site. got alot of good pokes, all are IV bred to desired specifications. this means that trades must be worth my while. B/W friend codes coming soon!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Hoenn
    Posts
    1,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdawg3574 View Post
    Well tbh I understand both sides of logic. I don't hate gay people, what they do is their own business, but the fact remains that they are technically outside of the norm, and were they not, it would mean the inevitable extinction of our species. Therefore, by the logic of adaptation and survival of the fittest, this is an inferior preference the end result of which would eradicate humanity. Though it is inappropriate to voice such an opinion, it is just that and everyone has a right to their own.
    But, the human race can afford it. There's roughly 6 billion of us on this rock. If five percent of the human race chooses to live a life that doesn't allow for procreation, that will not put us in any danger of extinction. Hell, if even half the people on this planet chose that, we'd still have roughly 3 billion people.

    It's not like 99% of people in the world woke up one morning, killed their kids, divorced their spouse, and went to the nearest gay bar.

    Third Gen: 60 • Fourth Gen: 89 • Fifth Gen: 64 • Sixth Gen: 67
    Kanto: 53 • Johto: 47 • Hoenn: 63 • Sinnoh: 45 • Unova: 45 • Kalos: 27


    Level 100 Pokémon #281: The Lost, the Mega Banette
    Pokémon 3 of 12 • Total Exp: 2,772,133 / 12,149,860 (22.816%)


    Level: 51 • Exp: 112,273 / 800,000 (14.0%) • Exp. Multiplier: 2.7x
    Move Set: Phantom Force, Feint Attack, Pain Split, Will-O-Wisp
    Ability: Insomnia / Prankster • Nature: Lonely • Started: 12-28-2014

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    655

    Default

    what is wrong with people these days. This is a thread for GMD, its trollers like these, who cares? Just because your 100% straight, your all that. I know more straight losers than anything else, so stop being ignorant.





Page 1 of 74 123451151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •