Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 625 of 1243

Thread: Duuuddee... Pass the blunt...

  1. #601
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    My mom's basement
    Posts
    685

    Default

    Well... Drugs are more healthy than alcohol... Weed, at least.

  2. #602
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spite View Post
    Well... Drugs are more healthy than alcohol... Weed, at least.
    Yeah but that's like saying chew is healthier than smoking. It's just the lesser of two evils, so to speak.
    (OT: Steel) Platinum FC: 4041 0183 1617
    (OT: Gaius) HeartGold FC: In Progress
    (OT: Mythril) White FC: 2709 6132 0030
    (OT: Mei) Black 2 FC:

  3. #603
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    2,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChinpokomonOh? View Post
    99% was obviously just a rough estimate. Also by 99% I meant people that say "I have trouble going to sleep" A lot of it is because people aren't active throughout today. Excessive video games also play a role in Insomnia as well. There are thing all over the internet about it lol. Google "Cures for Sleep disorders" It's not that hard. And have you ever been to a gym? Because they're like 20 - 30 a month. Any Time fitness is all over the place, they're cheap. Same with planet fitness. All 24/7 gyms, so if you can sleep you can go exercise any time of the day. I guarantee you 20 or 30 dollars is cheaper than what most people spend in a month on Marijuana. Besides, you don't even have to go to a gym. Pick up a sport, run or just do exercises at your house. You don't need a gym to do exercise lol.

    Also your argument that medical marijuana is not necessary because people can just exercise is not entirely accurate. There are people who are sick in such a way that they can't exercise. I was restricted for bedrest for a year. For those in this situation who have extreme pain (which is common amongst these people, because people more likely have a kind of condition that causes pain) or insomnia, etc, marijuana is a useful treatment method.

    Second, 'maybe for cancer' is not all that minor. If it's effective against cancer, and studies show it is, then that's a major reason to use it - to treat cancer! I know at least two people in my life that come to mind who have battled cancer, and one of them has already passed away. Marijuana is not in any way extra-evil or bad that it shouldn't be used like other medications such as morphine, valium, SSRI's, prednisone, etc which also affect the brain and other vital organs like the kidney, liver, and heart, albeit in different ways for each. Perhaps it's because I've been through all sorts of medications under the sun, but marijuana - which I've also taken - isn't unique in any way. It's in fact, inferior to surgery medications that are entirely legal.

    Third, please don't go about telling people how easy it is to cure disorders. I know you mean well, but people don't cure their sleep disorders with Google however rational it may seem to you it should be. No web advice is a replacement for actual treatment or medication. I've spent countless mornings scouring the internet for effective sleep help, and it was never 'easy' like that.
    Last edited by CSolarstorm; 7th June 2012 at 12:44 AM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Albus Dumbledore
    Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.

    My deviantART
    | Suggested Alternative News: The Juice Rap News and The Corbett Report

  4. #604
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChinpokomonOh? View Post
    99% was obviously just a rough estimate. Also by 99% I meant people that say "I have trouble going to sleep" A lot of it is because people aren't active throughout today. Excessive video games also play a role in Insomnia as well. There are thing all over the internet about it lol. Google "Cures for Sleep disorders" It's not that hard.
    No **** sherlock. That's why I'm calling you out on your facts. Regardless of what the reasons are and what demographic you're trying to refer to now, you were spewing nothing but opinions and baseless observations then calling them facts.

    And have you ever been to a gym?
    Yes, overpriced. My basement serves me better.

    I guarantee you 20 or 30 dollars is cheaper than what most people spend in a month on Marijuana. Besides, you don't even have to go to a gym. Pick up a sport, run or just do exercises at your house. You don't need a gym to do exercise lol.
    There you go again. But now you're making obvious that you're basing your views off the assumption that most people would abuse their right to smoke and if we're talking for the sake of getting to sleep, I think you're over estimating how much would be necessary.




    "Get learned" lol, kind of ironic.
    Probably not quite as ironic as you may be hoping.

    Funny how you keep posting stuff about what I said like 8 post ago, unlike you maybe, I don't have the time or the want to read 30 pages about marijuana. I'll try my best to "get learned" though LOLOL
    Well, maybe you should take the time to read up on matters for which you feel it necessary to post opinions on.


    Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnyC View Post
    That's grammatically correct, just so you know. I don't know why you're laughing at it. Chedwick used the adjective 'learned' which describes the quality of having knowledge.
    Hmm, how about that. Ty Sunny. Admittedly, I had no idea that was really grammatically correct, nor did I intend it to be but its good to know that it is. And as always, you provide a strong open minded argument. Bravo sir, I've missed reading your posts.
    Last edited by ChedWick; 7th June 2012 at 1:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    About 97% of these women posing for pornographic pictures are held at gunpoint, and it can be anywhere. The majority of the time is by force.
    Lulz wat?

    SC: 5414 - 8627 - 7288 Platinum: 2621 - 8560 - 3249

  5. #605
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Marietta, Ohio
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChedWick View Post
    No **** sherlock. That's why I'm calling you out on your facts. Regardless of what the reasons are and what demographic you're trying to refer to now, you were spewing nothing but opinions and baseless observations then calling them facts.


    Yes, overpriced. My basement serves me better.



    There you go again. But now you're making obvious that you're basing your views off the assumption that most people would abuse their right to smoke and if we're talking for the sake of getting to sleep, I think you're over estimating how much would be necessary.






    Probably not quite as ironic as you may be hoping.



    Well, maybe you should take the time to read up on matters for which you feel it necessary to post opinions on.


    Edit:

    Hmm, how about that. Ty Sunny. Admittedly, I had no idea that was really grammatically correct, nor did I intend it to be but its good to know that it is. And as always, you provide a strong open minded argument. Bravo sir, I've missed reading your posts.
    It all depends on what you do in the gym, but you're right, like I said gyms aren't need for good exercise. You just proved my point. Well if someone smokes every night before they go to bed, that's 30 days a month. If they only smoke one bowl or take a few hits, I'm sure it will come up to more than 30 dollars, it would depend on the area and how much it takes of course.

    I don't care what you tell me, I'm not reading 30 pages lol, I don't care enough too.

    Sorry to tell you Sunny, but "get learned" isn't correct. Yes, learned is the past tense of learn, but that doesn't make it correct. Read this sentence out loud. "Hey tom, you get learned for that test tomorrow?" Does that sound correct to you lol. omg... why am I even trying if you think get learned is correct, I might as well just give up.

    If you're intelligent enough to understand here is why it is incorrect. Yes, learned can be an adjective, but re-read his sentence. You won't find any verb in it, which makes the whole sentence incorrect. I'm using to reading sentences with verbs, so I mistook it as one and not an adjective. Either way, if it is a verb or adjective, it's incorrect.

  6. #606
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    2,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChinpokomonOh? View Post
    Sorry to tell you Sunny, but "get learned" isn't correct. Yes, learned is the past tense of learn, but that doesn't make it correct. Read this sentence out loud. "Hey tom, you get learned for that test tomorrow?" Does that sound correct to you lol. omg... why am I even trying if you think get learned is correct, I might as well just give up.

    If you're intelligent enough to understand here is why it is incorrect. Yes, learned can be an adjective, but re-read his sentence. You won't find any verb in it, which makes the whole sentence incorrect. I'm using to reading sentences with verbs, so I mistook it as one and not an adjective. Either way, if it is a verb or adjective, it's incorrect.
    Not true. 'Get' or 'go get' is the verb. Learned is another word for informed, and you wouldn't say 'get informed' is incorrect. You tried to use someone's grammar as a personal insult and it backfired because it was actually correct. It's not even a bad thing or a relevant thing in a debate to make a grammar mistake. I wouldn't tell you that there's no point in reasoning with you because you didn't know 'get' was a verb. We all make mistakes, but we help people with them, not blame them for it.

    Anyway, enough about Chedwick's grammar, what about my point about medical marijuana?
    Last edited by CSolarstorm; 7th June 2012 at 9:39 AM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Albus Dumbledore
    Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.

    My deviantART
    | Suggested Alternative News: The Juice Rap News and The Corbett Report

  7. #607
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    ISS
    Posts
    819

    Default

    If it were legalized it would need to have restrictions

  8. #608
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    Way to not even debate my arguments back at you, instead you're acting even more crazy with your opinions and picking out how people talk now. This isn't the English debate.

    I guess I won? :3

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii! View Post
    If it were legalized it would need to have restrictions
    no shit.

  9. #609
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Marietta, Ohio
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SunnyC View Post
    Not true. 'Get' or 'go get' is the verb. Learned is another word for informed, and you wouldn't say 'get informed' is incorrect. You tried to use someone's grammar as a personal insult and it backfired because it was actually correct. It's not even a bad thing or a relevant thing in a debate to make a grammar mistake. I wouldn't tell you that there's no point in reasoning with you because you didn't know 'get' was a verb. We all make mistakes, but we help people with them, not blame them for it.

    Anyway, enough about Chedwick's grammar, what about my point about medical marijuana?
    Didn't even think of get, you're right though, it is a verb. If the sentence is somehow correct, it's definitely a colloquial though.

    Those kind of cases where you're unable to move and in a lot of pain weed would be a good alternative. For just a simple sleep disorder there are better ways to treat / cure it.

    From what I remember reading, I thought Marijuana didn't really cure cancer it just helped patients deal with the radiation treatments. I could be wrong, but I just remember seeing that somewhere.

    Well curing sleep disorders was easy for me, I was having trouble falling asleep at night, looked up ways to help found exercise being one that I was able to do. I started running almost every day, or at least doing some physical activity, but it started with running. This worked perfect for me, I sleep like a baby every night now. Exercise actually cures a lot of different things that people would be surprised about.

  10. #610
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Inna House... With Cable!!!
    Posts
    3,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChinpokomonOh? View Post
    "Get learned" lol, kind of ironic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Word2003
    Read the thread; get learned because you're just coming off just as dumb as the friends you "observe".
    That was the only grammatical correction proposed by Word.

    Even if it wasn't grammatically correct, what's wrong with injecting a bit of irony? It could have been done to keep a rebuttal light hearted as I will often do. Doesn't always work, but we are discussing legalizing pot which does often affect how we talk. Why I remember a time...

    So true!

  11. #611
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,363

    Default

    Fantastic job at derailing this thread, folks. Marvelous. This isn't the place to educate others on their grammar, nor the place to discuss other trivial matters. If you continue bickering you will receive an infraction; posting a lengthy off-topic post while adding a small on-topic sentence won't save you from one, either.


    Don't comment on this post nor any other off-topic post after this.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

    pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

  12. #612
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Seriously, drugs are evil. Marijuana included. Do you have any idea how many are hopelessly addicted to Marijuana?
    not much is known about this trainer

  13. #613
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Javi5 View Post
    Seriously, drugs are evil. Marijuana included. Do you have any idea how many are hopelessly addicted to Marijuana?
    Yes, .373 people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    About 97% of these women posing for pornographic pictures are held at gunpoint, and it can be anywhere. The majority of the time is by force.
    Lulz wat?

    SC: 5414 - 8627 - 7288 Platinum: 2621 - 8560 - 3249

  14. #614
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Javi5 View Post
    Seriously, drugs are evil. Marijuana included. Do you have any idea how many are hopelessly addicted to Marijuana?
    oh L O L.
    this is my favorite kind of post. DRUGS ARE EVIL!!!!!!! Makes me laugh every time.

    Yes, we are all so hopelessly addicted to weed. Let's drown the rehab clinics with our insane addiction and give less attention to the people who truly need help because they are actually addicted to a hard drug.

    I beg to differ that marijuana is addicting, at least in a physical stance. I used to smoke every day about a year ago for a few years. I go months without the drug, living my life happy and perfectly fine. I don't even think about "omg I need to smoke a joint right now or I'm gonna die." Marijuana 'withdraw' doesn't include painful aches and turning into a psychopath when you don't have any atm, like hard drugs including heroin, coke, crack. And also putting alcohol and nicotine in there as well because they can be extremely addicting to a horrible state.

    I do agree that you can get upset that you don't have any weed, but you don't go through a withdraw. A true withdraw. Drug addiction is serious. Saying that marijuana is hopelessly addicting is not serious at all, just a stupid opinion.

    I'm sorry if this was just a troll post, because you only have 1 post.. unless you just made an account to say that drugs are evil. If you're trolling, you're pretty bad at it, js.
    Last edited by Mandi.; 8th June 2012 at 4:48 AM.

  15. #615
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Most of my friends smoke the weed. I don't. I find no problem with it, but when weed messes with, say, work, that's what drives me insane. People I work with smoke a lot of weed, at work too. They come in late because of it too. I think it should be illegal for situations like that. No jail time though. Just a fine.

  16. #616
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Ah, the old "you disagree with me. you must be a troll" mentality. Drugs are evil, I have seen it first hand. Do you know how many people die over marijuana every day? I wouldn't expect the typical fiend such as yourself to understand anyway.
    not much is known about this trainer

  17. #617
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    2,922

    Default

    How many people are hopelessly addicted to marijuana? How many people die over it every day, and how does it kill them? Give us some hard data here.

    And what differs it from a pain medication like...oxycontin, for instance? What makes marijuana 'evil'?

    Quote Originally Posted by Albus Dumbledore
    Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.

    My deviantART
    | Suggested Alternative News: The Juice Rap News and The Corbett Report

  18. #618

    Default

    I know a lot of people that are hopelessly addicted to marijuana. Marijuana is not chemically addictive like many drugs, but it is addictive for a whole host of other reasons.

    Again, all kinds of things are addictive. And I for one do not support our current prohibition on marijuana. But there are a lot of people in this thread minimalizing its addictiveness, and it is addictive. I don't think we have to minimalize marijuana's dangers in order to end its prohibition.

  19. #619
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    HOPELESSLY addicted? Maybe somewhat addicted, but not hopelessly addicting.

    Former Surgeon General Jocelyn Elders characterized marijuana succinctly on CNN recently, while declaring her support for legalization: “Marijuana is not addictive, not physically addictive anyway.”

    In this view, the paradigm for addiction is heroin: the shaking, puking heroin junkie who can’t quit because the withdrawal sickness is impossible to bear. Because marijuana cessation is not linked with such severe symptoms, the drug isn’t seen as physically addictive. And considering that most people view physical addiction as uncontrollable, but psychological addiction as manageable with proper willpower, marijuana tends not to be regarded as addictive in general.


    Overall, then, addiction rates for marijuana are significantly lower than for other drugs, both legal and illegal. What about withdrawal symptoms? “You see mood effects, irritability. Food intake decreases. There are sleep disruptions. It looks like nicotine withdrawal,” says Carl Hart, associate professor of clinical neuroscience at Columbia University, who has studied marijuana withdrawal. “You can actually die from alcohol withdrawal. Heroin withdrawal you can’t really die from; it’s more like the flu. Marijuana withdrawal is annoying, but it isn’t life threatening.” (Full disclosure: Hart and I are currently collaborating on a new book.)

    As Dr. Elders also said on CNN, marijuana is nontoxic. You can fatally overdose on alcohol, heroin or cocaine, but the only way a dose of marijuana will kill you is if someone crushes you under a bale of it.


    from http://healthland.time.com/2010/10/1...ine-addiction/

    there you go people. I'm not denying it's somewhat addicting in the crave sense.. but really, it's not going to kill you.

  20. #620
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Cool Cool River
    Posts
    2,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    I know a lot of people that are hopelessly addicted to marijuana.
    No you don't.

  21. #621
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Beyond the Wall.
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    I know a lot of people that are hopelessly addicted to: Fast food, COD: MW3, the smell of paint, eating rocks.

    Ban ALL the things!
    THIS DAY IS GOING TO BE PERFECT
    Because love's in bloom~

    "After all this time?"
    "Always", said Snape.

    Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate

  22. #622

    Default

    I think huffing paint is illegal.

    I think?

  23. #623
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Coming from a family with a history of drug and alcohol addiction, I do think marijuana should be legalized. I have seen people use the drug and it is much less scary than someone being drunk or on pain killers, which are both legal and easily attainable.
    Emerald team:
    SoulSilver team:

  24. #624

    Default

    There is no reason for a rational, scientific society to not legalize it. There is no reason in the world as to why cigarettes/tobacco and alcohol should be allowed, even adored, but marijuana illegal. Ridiculous in general how it is not.
    Last edited by Cosmical El Amarna; 10th July 2012 at 10:46 PM.
    My FC for 5th gen is 4041 2078 1937
    current wifi team
        Spoiler:- MasterBark:

  25. #625

    Default

    Yeah, it should be legal. The government is literally prohibiting you from experiencing certain feeling by outlawing drugs and having such a demoralizing attitude on them.
    Check out my YouTube channel, if you'd like

    http://www.youtube.com/skatingandgaming

Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •