Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Duuuddee... Pass the blunt...

Quote Originally Posted by Eterna View Post
    But why take the risk?
    From that same study.

As a result, cannabis-induced variations in performance do not typically appear to play a significant role in on-road traffic accidents when the THC levels present in a driver's blood are low and/or cannabis is not consumed in combination with alcohol.[32-33] For example, a 1993 National Highway Traffic Safety Administration review of the role of drug use in fatal accidents reported, "[T]here is little if any evidence to indicate that drivers who have used marijuana alone are any more likely to cause serious accidents than drug free drivers."[34] A more recent assessment by Blows and colleagues noted that self-reported recent use of cannabis (within three hours of driving) was not significantly associated with car crash injury after investigators controlled for specific cofounders (e.g., seat-belt use, sleepiness, etc.)[35] A 2004 observational case control study published in the journal Accident, Analysis and Prevention reported that only drivers under the influence of alcohol or benzodiazepines experience an increased crash risk compared to drug-free controls. Investigators did observe increased risks – though they were not statistically significant – among drivers using amphetamines, cocaine and opiates, but found, "No increased risk for road trauma was found for drivers exposed to cannabis."[36]

I smoke most days so this will seem very prejudiced but I bought the D.E.A.R. bullcrap as a kid. Ill admit Ive driven while stoned, it was not good judgement and I regret it but I have to say - It didn't affect my driving at all and I was super high. Coming down from a high while driving is about as stupid as driving drunk but driving WHILE in an active high is not that dangerous in my experiences. You get tired while coming down from a high and there have been times where I come back from "walks" at 6:00 at night and take an hour long nap. Maybe thats just me but I'm just putting in my 2 cents.

As far as legalizing it goes. Its not a dangerous drug. Its safe to use no one has ever died from it. It has no known cases of direct links to lung cancer and your lungs dont start breaking down until after 7 years of heavy smoking and even then the affect is minimal. Its better than most known pharmaceutical drugs for a variety of reasons and can slow down tumors particularly in the brain and lungs. Lung cancer.... oh how ironic this is..
    3DS Friend Code: 3780-9421-5420

Quote Originally Posted by Eterna View Post
    No, but it being illegal stops people from using it openly and in great quantities. Marijuana is dangerous because it impairs motor skills.

Why though? In my opinion Alcohol should also be illegal, but it's so ingrained into our society that it's removal isn't possible at this point. I'm still not seeing why we should allow another substance that affects motor skills and can lead to harm just based on the principle and the fact we already have one that is legal.

And if something is legal then yes, it's popularity will increase as there is no repercussions for using it.
    You do realize most of the drugs humans consume impair motor skills right? Most of the drugs you take for valid medical reasons, even cold and allergy medicine, shouldn't be used in conjunction with heavy machinery, eg cars. Unless you think all drugs should be banned because they can potentially be very dangerous you're just being arbitrary here.

Ive decided to end any nonsense in this thread concerning myths.
    Myth: It kills brain cells.
    A study done by Ronald Reagon that said weed caused brain damage. The study was done like this: They pumped 63 strong joints thought a gasmask for an excessive amount of time(more than 5 minutes) with no air. After 4 minutes your brain shuts down and you start suffocating which is why there was brain cell damage. Besides the fact they were suffocating the moneys 63 joints in 5 minutes is way more than humanly possible to intake.

Link to new study showing CUB coud stimulate braincells: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1016083817.htm

Myth 2: It causes lung cancer: There has never been one case of lung cancer where the person used ONLY marijuana. The chemicals in tobacco are HUGELY different from marijuana mainly in the way its mixed and in the actual chemical itself. Only 50% of a tobacco cigar is tobacco the rest is much more harmful chemicals that reduce the harshness of the smoke and make it smokeable and enjoyable.

LINK: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...052501729.html

Myth 3 Mairjuana is a gateway drug: Marijuana can only be considered a gateway drug this way: When you go to a dealer selling weed if hes a serious dealer he could also be selling harder drugs like cocaine or meth. He may try to push these drugs on you or you may be more inclined to try them. That is the ONLY reason that marijuana is a gateway drug. Taking the drug is your own choice and self control. If you wanna try harder drugs go ahead but dont blame it on the herb! Also all my friends who DO smoke it started on alcohol and cigarettes not weed.

LINK: http://healthland.time.com/2010/10/2...-will-not-die/

Anyone who is against marijuana because of impaired motor skills HAS to be against alcohol and a variety of other abused pharmaceutical drugs like Adderal and even Asprin(yes to much asprin can impair motor skills) or they are just being prejudiced. I havent really checked the entire thread but does anyone really know why marijuana is ilegal? The days of Harry Anslinger?
    3DS Friend Code: 3780-9421-5420

I believe every drug should be completely legal and (somewhat) unregulated. (A bottle of cocaine should really have 100% cocaine, not baking powder) It's the buyers responsibility to use his purchased drugs in a safe manner, not mine or the nanny states. I don't mean just narcotics either. If you want a bottle of Lithium then bygod you should be able to buy it. If you were too dumb to ask a doctors opinion and it turns out making you sterile then that's your own fault. Same thing with seat belts, safety goggles, bright orange hunting vests........ safety is your own personal responsibility!
    Pokemon Black Friend Code: 3353-8153-1336 -> Name: Alexis
    Pokemon Black 2 Friend Code: 3010 7646 1889 -> Name: Katrina
    I'm always up for any trade, if just to fill up my GeoNet.
    ~*~ A little bit attention horse, a little bit drama queen... I'm a pretty pretty Princess!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitn3y View Post
    I believe every drug should be completely legal and (somewhat) unregulated. (A bottle of cocaine should really have 100% cocaine, not baking powder) It's the buyers responsibility to use his purchased drugs in a safe manner, not mine or the nanny states. I don't mean just narcotics either. If you want a bottle of Lithium then bygod you should be able to buy it. If you were too dumb to ask a doctors opinion and it turns out making you sterile then that's your own fault. Same thing with seat belts, safety goggles, bright orange hunting vests........ safety is your own personal responsibility!
    Oh trust me, you don't want shrooms legal within a 90 mile radius of you.

Marijuana is fine to legalize. Alcohol has been proven to kill more brain cells than weed.

Thanks to Steel Sector Graphics for the userbar and banner!

Yes it should. It puts everyone in a better mood.
    The only thing I would advise new blunt rollers to stay home and smoke on your porch (if youre old enough to)
    But another good reason herb is should be legalized is because everyone will be hungry..making the food industries more money due to hunger alone.
    They will need to get product from someone that can match the demand rate of people that are going to said food places.
    They will turn to the farmers and hence they will make more money and everyone is happy

The only downfall I see is that maybe the government would manufacture and too me that wouldnt be the same thing that was grown

But anyways..smoke up..lifes short

Peace out and be safe ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Whitn3y View Post
    The government would be ALL over that for prescription drugs. You're going to take away accountability on the Drug Company's behalf to blame the consumer for a prescription drug that may have been deemed harmful?

Imagine that being implemented during the Vioxx Era...

well its legal here in california and if youre smart youd just go to your doctor and make up some lies about being chronically depressed or some other bull. Itll eventually be legalized whether you want it to or not. history repeats itself (prohibition)

3DS FC: 0173 2372 4701
    Black FC: 1722 0078 8716
    White 2 FC: 3654 8488 7686

Quote Originally Posted by MTeriyaki View Post
    well its legal here in california and if youre smart youd just go to your doctor and make up some lies about being chronically depressed or some other bull.
    Actually, all those medical marijuana places are closing down now. (I live in California too) I guess some law changed.

Honestly, it shouldn't be illegal just because it impairs motor skills. Being tired impairs motor skills too. Just let people do what they want! If people are sitting in their backyard smoking weed, how is that hurting anybody? Yeah, if studies find that driving high is dangerous, then sure, make DUI laws. But seriously, also tax it! Imagine the economy boost! Drug cartels in Mexico will be out of business as well, so more jobs in the USA!

EDIT: Also, as for the other drugs, maybe they should be legal but heavily controlled (like guns?). You would need a license or something. Actually, studies have shown that the use of drugs is more widespread in countries where they are illegal.
    Last edited by {(•)___(•)}; 19th September 2012 at 5:37 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 2793-0629-6270
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

I can breed any breedable Pokémon you want with any nature/egg moves and up to 5 perfect IVs. I can also EV train and/or give it Pokerus. I can't breed shinies, 6 IVs, or specific Pokéballs. The harder the request, the better Pokémon I'm gonna want in return. PM me with requests and offers.

Quote Originally Posted by {(•)___(•)} View Post
    Actually, all those medical marijuana places are closing down now. (I live in California too) I guess some law changed.
    As someone else who lives in California, I can say that's not entirely true. Some dispensaries have closed, mainly for failure to play state marijuana taxes or for being seized by the federal government. In some cities most or all of the marijuana-related business may have closed for similar reasons (or even due to local complaints from people against the drug). That doesn't mean it's true everywhere in California though. There are like five places within a 50-mile radius of where I live where you can go to get a recommendation, and too many dispensaries to count. Yeah, all this was kinda off-topic, but I figured I'd point it out anyway.

Honestly, it shouldn't be illegal just because it impairs motor skills. Being tired impairs motor skills too. Just let people do what they want! If people are sitting in their backyard smoking weed, how is that hurting anybody? Yeah, if studies find that driving high is dangerous, then sure, make DUI laws. But seriously, also tax it! Imagine the economy boost! Drug cartels in Mexico will be out of business as well, so more jobs in the USA!
    I definitely agree with this, especially the stuff in bold. On the topic of driving under the influence, my position on the matter is the same as for driving drunk: there will always be stupid people who do it, regardless of how many enforcements you put out there. Should we all be not allowed access to a drug because of some ignorant or irresponsible people avoiding these warnings?

Also, as for the other drugs, maybe they should be legal but heavily controlled (like guns?). You would need a license or something. Actually, studies have shown that the use of drugs is more widespread in countries where they are illegal.
    That's a very interesting point. Especially the last bit, which is very true, probably because it entices a criminal market for those drugs, people's use of them goes relatively unnoticed, and the government does very little to control that use as a result.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

yes,it should if weed was legal the economy would go from bad to good,plus weed isnt bad

Credits go to golem12
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-39688982
    Sig exceeds the KB size limit. Read the signature rules before editing.

User is on the trade blacklist. Removing this message will result in further bans.

I agree, not just because I partake, but because I see the benefits out weigh any negatives. Some people have no business smoking, but there are others with multitudes of problems, that smoking helps with. I have anxiety and depression as well as adhd. (yes yes I know most people these days claim one if not all of these) I've taken many different prescriptions for each and nothing ever worked. It's been hard to get up day to day and keep a job. I'm a responsible hard working adult. Why can't I responsibly enjoy myself too?

Coming from a person that used to do weed, I would say that it should be legalized. It does not cause death or anything close to that. The most common deaths are in drugs or alcohol. Mostly by alcohol.

All credits for BT's Army Against Arrogance Banner goes to Brutaka.
    All Credits to Black Terminator's Region Express banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

umm it was illigal in the first place for a reason.
    we really dont need people getting so high that they go on a kamakatzee murder spree or start running over little kids.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I think legalizing it would help our economy. It's not even bad for you, I've smoked for 4 years and never did anymore drugs, I don't got health problems because of it, It doesn't make you lose weight, it's got no long term side effects. I don't necessarily think they should "legalize" it but they should "decrimilize" it. Decrimilizing it means you won't get in trouble for smoking it or having it in possession. It would still be illegal to drug deal but growing it would also be legal as long as you don't sell it. The jail cells are filled because of drugs usually marijuana. People get locked up for having it on them and they shouldn't. They aren't harming anybody so why should they get in trouble for it? That's why I think they should decrimilize it. As for medical marijuana, they should legalize it in every state. So what if someone says they got anxiety when they really don't just to get marijuana. It's they're choice and makes the govt. money from taxes. I've had anxiety for about 6 years and marijuana helps. It completely takes it away but I'm doing it illegally. I refuse to take prescription drugs because of the addictions they have. Marijuana is not addicting like people say. It doesn't have withdraws, doesn't make you retarded, doesn't make you violent, doesn't make you tweak out, instead it makes you mellow.
    Last edited by ShinyUmbreon189; 4th October 2012 at 11:51 PM.
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation

Music & Musicians Alliance Club

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    umm it was illigal in the first place for a reason.
    we really dont need people getting so high that they go on a kamakatzee murder spree or start running over little kids.
    Dude, idk wtf your talking about. 1. Marijuana doesn't make you go all kamikaze and kill people. It makes you mellow not violent get your facts straight before you come in here talking about marijuana. 2. It doesn't impare your driving like alcohol. I drive stoned all the time and never been in an accident.
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation

Music & Musicians Alliance Club

Dude, idk wtf your talking about. 1. Marijuana doesn't make you go all kamikaze and kill people. It makes you mellow not violent get your facts straight before you come in here talking about marijuana. 2. It doesn't impare your driving like alcohol. I drive stoned all the time and never been in an accident.
    um it messes with ur brain and u think it doesnt have any BAD effects!?

yeah sometimes it makes u mellow (big sometimes) but when mixed with other drugs (wich believe me a lot of people will/have done that) that is when the horror statrs.
    mixing it is the kiss of death.

ant i can tell that effects your head cuz u just admitted to taking it AND DRIVING no less on a website that little kids are on and could lead to your getting arrested...
    so keep acting all knowing dont let the door hit u on the but on the way out.
    #AlphaSapphire
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

um it messes with ur brain and u think it doesnt have any BAD effects!?

yeah sometimes it makes u mellow (big sometimes) but when mixed with other drugs (wich believe me a lot of people will/have done that) that is when the horror statrs.
    mixing it is the kiss of death.

ant i can tell that effects your head cuz u just admitted to taking it AND DRIVING no less on a website that little kids are on and could lead to your getting arrested...
    so keep acting all knowing dont let the door hit u on the but on the way out.
    wtf are you talking bout,if it was bad why is there medical weed

Credits go to golem12

User is on the trade blacklist. Removing this message will result in further bans.

wtf are you talking bout,if it was bad why is there medical weed
    if it wasnt bad why is it illigal?
    #AlphaSapphire

if it wasnt bad why is it illigal?
    umm...because the U.S government is stupid,anyways no one has ever died from smoking bud
    Last edited by 55afrothunder; 5th October 2012 at 12:35 AM.

Credits go to golem12

Naw, why should we? It may be less harmful than we think, but it's still not exactly healthy, so I don't see the benefits.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Luann View Post
    Naw, why should we? It may be less harmful than we think, but it's still not exactly healthy, so I don't see the benefits.
    People with insomnia use it to fall asleep and it calms you down,and it makes you hungry (LOL)

Credits go to golem12

umm...because the U.S government is stupid,anyways no one has every died from smoking bud
    call me bud and you'll regret it (only half joking)

I agree with the government being stupid… but we already have a surplus of morons here we don’t need a surplus of HIGH morons fyi
    #AlphaSapphire

call me bud and you'll regret it (only half joking)

I agree with the government being stupid… but we already have a surplus of morons here we don’t need a surplus of HIGH morons fyi
    i never called you bud as in buddy i meant bud as in weed,Oh really you shouldn't be talking since you've never smoked weed,Also how does weed make you stupid

Credits go to golem12

Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast