Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Duuuddee... Pass the blunt...

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmical Tel El Amarna View Post
    Well that's because the majority of people who are against it are uneducated on the matter and have not taken the time to do some proper research. I will say this though, too much of anything is not good for you and a balance is needed. This is true of life though, so of course it still applies.
    Truth ^^^

The kids an idiot. And Im pretty sure we've won the arguement haha. Hes the only one that even tries to argue he and just makes us sound better. Team Stoner ftw haha.

With regard to marijuana being addictive... yeah, only a little. It is far less addictive than either tobacco or alcohol. It's also healthier to smoke pot than to smoke tobacco. The lung cancer risks come from (as if you needed me to explain) the smoking, not the content of the cigarette/pipe/etc. -- in fact, marijuana may help to stave off cancer.

Also, from reports from someone who uses it, you tend to know when you're high from cannabis faster than you know you're drunk. (Still not a good idea to operate heavy machinery, including any vehicles, while high, though.)

Also, yes, people not doing their homework is kind of a big issue re: marijuana and laws about it. I don't think you should attempt to legislate something you don't understand without at least calling in an expert, and as of at least a few years ago, the US federal government still continued to state that pot is dangerous and has no medical purpose that is backed by science -- which could also apply to alcohol and tobacco. The World Health Organization has some reports suggesting it has medical purpose dating back to the Clinton years, and I'm fairly sure there's even older information out there. Is the Fed's only piece of marijuana research an old, rotting copy of Reefer Madness?
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    Is the Fed's only piece of marijuana research an old, rotting copy of Reefer Madness?
    lol maybe but I think that ignorance and greed are the causation in this case. I'm sometimes worried that these people are too prideful and draped with maya(Hindu term for delusion) to allow marijuana legalization anytime soon. Its made quite clear and evident that masses of people are being denied something based off faulty logic and practically no evidence at all, which I'd say is pretty anti American (you know the whole freedom and reason thing). There are and will be people with lots of money making sure that weed stays illegal. The prison owners, the pharmecuitical industry, units and divisions of law enforcement agencies. A good portion of these people will be against it and they have control and money right now.

I just hope that this whole thing gets dropped soon, I don't think it will happen until I'm at least in my forties and I'm in my twenties now. It really is just some illogical *** s**t.
    My FC for 5th gen is 4041 2078 1937
    current wifi team
        Spoiler:- MasterBark:

It's illegalized cos they govt. want's to control us. They lie about why it's illegal but I've lived in a liberal state for 2 years and I've figured the political ******** out. Most of the liberals here are brainwashed idiots of society. They literally think that "republicans" are works of the devil and are demons. Really? How the **** can you be so idiotic and they think that marijuana is the devil as well. They agree with anything the govt. says. I hate to say it but I think the liberal govt. is the one's that's against the drug. I lived in Missouri and they wanted it passed. Chicago tried to legalize weed and the liberals started a riot. So ya.
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation

Music & Musicians Alliance Club

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
    It's illegalized cos they govt. want's to control us. They lie about why it's illegal but I've lived in a liberal state for 2 years and I've figured the political ******** out. Most of the liberals here are brainwashed idiots of society. They literally think that "republicans" are works of the devil and are demons. Really? How the **** can you be so idiotic and they think that marijuana is the devil as well. They agree with anything the govt. says. I hate to say it but I think the liberal govt. is the one's that's against the drug. I lived in Missouri and they wanted it passed. Chicago tried to legalize weed and the liberals started a riot. So ya.
    Liberals=robots controlled by fascists

As far as politics go the Libertarian party or Independent are the only ways to go.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManJenkins View Post
    When someone is psychologically dependent on weed they are usually using it as a substitute for an antidepressant/antianxiety medication. Same reason alot of people drink, they just need an escape. Mental/emotional disorders are a *****.
    Well if they need it to escape that is bad then. Substitution is something to not be doing .

All credits for BT's Army Against Arrogance Banner goes to Brutaka.
    All Credits to Black Terminator's Region Express banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by blackterminator3 View Post
    Well if they need it to escape that is bad then. Substitution is something to not be doing .
    You dont understand. Some people NEEED something in their lives to keep them sane and help them make it through the day. Its not a choice. Its not that someone was perfectly fine starts smoking weed constantly and then stops and cant cope with life, its that someone cant cope with life they start smoking weed constantly and then when they stop they still cant cope with life. Its kind of hard to explain the inability to cope with daily life. You cant really understand it unless youve experienced it first hand.
    Last edited by OldManJenkins; 6th October 2012 at 9:12 AM.

You dont understand. Some people NEEED something in their lives to keep them sane and help them make it through the day. Its not a choice. Its not that someone was perfectly fine starts smoking weed constantly and then stops and cant cope with life, its that someone cant cope with life they start smoking weed constantly and then when they stop they still cant cope with life. Its kind of hard to explain the inability to cope with daily life. You cant really understand it unless youve experienced it first hand.
    NEEDING something is a somewhat completely mental thing, I understand if people say they NEED it, then fine they need it this goes for EVERYONE who has a medicinal marijuana card. Hell some people I know don't have any "real illness" such as insomnia or aching body pain or something of that sort. But that's totally fine with me. I love the herb and it will remain that way until the day I'm under a tombstone

R.I.P Flash-Sama

Here lies a stoner

He was too lazy to think of anything cool to say..so yea

^ LOL about the here lies a stoner

I mentioned many times that marijuana has a mental addiction but it doesn't have a physical addiction. I smoke it because it keeps me sane too. Plus I get Kush and like to get blown so ya.
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation

^ LOL about the here lies a stoner

I mentioned many times that marijuana has a mental addiction but it doesn't have a physical addiction. I smoke it because it keeps me sane too. Plus I get Kush and like to get blown so ya.
    Yea that was a good one
    I'm a big fan of Kush because the high is just amazing if you keep smoking. The purple doesn't really help at all with my insomnia so I don't get it as often anymore.

EDIT

Btw Umbreon, your sig is dope man

Yeah idk.. if you NEED marijuana in order to even deal with life, you've allowed yourself to get into a bad spot that will have implications for the rest of your life. I don't mean to come off as merciless or compassionate, as I too have dealt with some of life's difficulties and tragedies and I can imagine the struggle/hardship that others go thru. But seriously, there are all sorts of safe, natural, and holistic ways of reducing(even eliminating) stress/anxiety or whatever it may be. People with OCD can even overcome their neurological situation by natural means and discipline. I like mary jane too, but it's totally possible to be able to cope without it. That is unless you're speaking about aliments such as cluster headaches. But if you're just meaning that life is hard/sucks then I would advise you to reconsider and contemplate the matter a little more.
    current wifi team

Yeah idk.. if you NEED marijuana in order to even deal with life, you've allowed yourself to get into a bad spot that will have implications for the rest of your life. I don't mean to come off as merciless or compassionate, as I too have dealt with some of life's difficulties and tragedies and I can imagine the struggle/hardship that others go thru. But seriously, there are all sorts of safe, natural, and holistic ways of reducing(even eliminating) stress/anxiety or whatever it may be. People with OCD can even overcome their neurological situation by natural means and discipline. I like mary jane too, but it's totally possible to be able to cope without it. That is unless you're speaking about aliments such as cluster headaches. But if you're just meaning that life is hard/sucks then I would advise you to reconsider and contemplate the matter a little more.
    Its hard to explain but Ill do my best. Im talking about dehabilitating mental/emotionial disorders. Bipolar disorder in particular because thats the one I have the most experience with. Bipolar isnt just "Ah life is so hard, why do I have it so tough" emo bull ****. Its a serious neurological chemical thing. And they dont need it because they are at a bad point in their life they need it to deal with life, period. Safe, natural, holistic means dont cut it. (actually now that I think of it weed is a safe natural holistic thing but I know thats not what you mean. You mean meditation and therapy and all that bull ****.) That stuff is for people who THINK they have problems. I know. I come from a long line of alcoholics and drug abusers and they werent doing it for fun or because they had no future. Yes its possible to cope without help from some kind of substance but it is EXTREMELY difficult and it makes life miserable. Also Im not just talking about weed, weed is just the safest way to cope. Alcohol is by far the most common.
    Last edited by OldManJenkins; 7th October 2012 at 7:20 AM.

Its hard to explain but Ill do my best. Im talking about dehabilitating mental/emotionial disorders. Bipolar disorder in particular because thats the one I have the most experience with. Bipolar isnt just "Ah life is so hard, why do I have it so tough" emo bull ****. Its a serious neurological chemical thing. And they dont need it because they are at a bad point in their life they need it to deal with life, period. Safe, natural, holistic means dont cut it. (actually now that I think of it weed is a safe natural holistic thing but I know thats not what you mean. You mean meditation and therapy and all that bull ****.) That stuff is for people who THINK they have problems. I know. I come from a long line of alcoholics and drug abusers and they werent doing it for fun or because they had no future. Yes its possible to cope without help from some kind of substance but it is EXTREMELY difficult and it makes life miserable. Also Im not just talking about weed, weed is just the safest way to cope. Alcohol is by far the most common.
    Well yeah, like I had insinuated, I feel for you and know what some of that is like. And yeah I know its a neurological thing (depression, anxiety disorder, etc.). By natural I'm meaning non pharmaceutical medicine. Yes weed is holistic but if you use it too frequently it does alter your brain chemistry (your brain's natural cycle of releasing dopamine or serotonin, or whatever chemical it is that your body produces/releases in this instance. I'm drawing a blank but I remember seeing a documentary on weed, not an anti weed one, and something was said about how our bodies naturally get us high by natural chemical processes and when we use any substance it forces the releasing/over production of whatever chemical, but over time with continual use it gets harder and harder for the brain to release or act that way on its own). That's what drugs do over a long period of time with continual use and I'm not referring to just illegal ones. With that said, I'm not saying that weed is unnatural or really even harmful.

But there are a good amount of people who have used natural means and methods and have succeeded. People with OCD, depression, anxiety, etc. have had success. I still think that weed is safe and holistic, just that overuse (like anything) has the potential to at some point or in some way cause harm. Meditation actually has a lot of legitimate science to back it, meditation is very beneficial and healthy to anyone and everyone regardless. Its been proven. And no, its for people WHO DO have problems as well..., not just people that think they do.

I think you understand my point though, and that's all I was trying to convey. I'm not here to pressure you or persuade you and if you think that it helps you and makes things tolerable then good. Like I've also said I don't know your situation so I can't really dish out criticism, nor would I necessarily want to.
    Last edited by Cosmical El Amarna; 7th October 2012 at 3:26 PM.
    current wifi team

Well yeah, like I had insinuated, I feel for you and know what some of that is like. And yeah I know its a neurological thing (depression, anxiety disorder, etc.). By natural I'm meaning non pharmaceutical medicine. Yes weed is holistic but if you use it too frequently it does alter your brain chemistry (your brain's natural cycle of releasing dopamine or serotonin, or whatever chemical it is that your body produces/releases in this instance. I'm drawing a blank but I remember seeing a documentary on weed, not an anti weed one, and something was said about how our bodies naturally get us high by natural chemical processes and when we use any substance it forces the releasing/over production of whatever chemical, but over time with continual use it gets harder and harder for the brain to release or act that way on its own). That's what drugs do over a long period of time with continual use and I'm not referring to just illegal ones. With that said, I'm not saying that weed is unnatural or really even harmful.

But there are a good amount of people who have used natural means and methods and have succeeded. People with OCD, depression, anxiety, etc. have had success. I still think that weed is safe and holistic, just that overuse (like anything) has the potential to at some point or in some way cause harm. Meditation actually has a lot of legitimate science to back it, meditation is very beneficial and healthy to anyone and everyone regardless. Its been proven. And no, its for people WHO DO have problems as well..., not just people that think they do.

I think you understand my point though, and that's all I was trying to convey. I'm not here to pressure you or persuade you and if you think that it helps you and makes things tolerable then good. Like I've also said I don't know your situation so I can't really dish out criticism, nor would I necessarily want to.
    Yeah I get what your saying and you mostly get what Im saying. Im not just talking about me though Im talking about a lot of people. And yeah I know meditations not all bull and it helps alot with clearing your mind but meditation alone doesnt have near the same helpful effect as a crutch.(ie weed, alcohol, etc.) I personally cant even meditate without weed, my mind is too cluttered and I cant sit still for that long as hard as i try. Its not like Im just giving up without trying life w/o a crutch. I spent 3/4 very miserable years trying my hardest to get my mind and life straight before I had tried any drug and without any help at all and it doesnt work.
    Last edited by OldManJenkins; 7th October 2012 at 6:49 PM.

Yeah I get what your saying and you mostly get what Im saying. Im not just talking about me though Im talking about a lot of people. And yeah I know meditations not all bull and it helps alot with clearing your mind but meditation alone doesnt have near the same helpful effect as a crutch.(ie weed, alcohol, etc.) I personally cant even meditate without weed, my mind is too cluttered and I cant sit still for that long as hard as i try. Its not like Im just giving up without trying life w/o a crutch. I spent 3/4 very miserable years trying my hardest to get my mind and life straight before I had tried any drug and without any help at all and it doesnt work.
    Meditation does more than just help with clearing your mind, it has physiological benefits as well. I think that I do understand what it is that you are essentially conveying and can feel for you. Just the dependence aspect of it is what trips me up, because if there is ever a time when you can't get any or use it, etc. it is going to be hard on you.

Meditating properly takes a little bit of practice. The goal is to quiet and eliminate all the noise and thoughts in your mind. This is not something that is easy at first but it definitely does happen eventually. If you think before or during that 'my mind is too active' or 'I need to quiet my mind' it won't happen lol. The silence comes naturally, on its own. But hang in there bro I hope things get better for you.
    current wifi team

Meditation does more than just help with clearing your mind, it has physiological benefits as well. I think that I do understand what it is that you are essentially conveying and can feel for you. Just the dependence aspect of it is what trips me up, because if there is ever a time when you can't get any or use it, etc. it is going to be hard on you.

Meditating properly takes a little bit of practice. The goal is to quiet and eliminate all the noise and thoughts in your mind. This is not something that is easy at first but it definitely does happen eventually. If you think before or during that 'my mind is too active' or 'I need to quiet my mind' it won't happen lol. The silence comes naturally, on its own. But hang in there bro I hope things get better for you.
    Im not any more or less dependent because I smoke. It was hard before I started smoking. It would be hard if I quit smoking. And theres no getting better really because theres nothing wrong. Im not whining about having anxiety and depression Im just trying to prove a point. But yeah you get what Im saying and I hear ya.

Im not any more or less dependent because I smoke. It was hard before I started smoking. It would be hard if I quit smoking. And theres no getting better really because theres nothing wrong. Im not whining about having anxiety and depression Im just trying to prove a point. But yeah you get what Im saying and I hear ya.
    Yea, marijuana never "cures" the mental illness but it does help it.
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation

Yea, marijuana never "cures" the mental illness but it does help it.
    Yeah this guy gets it. ^^^

*side note* It's good to see we lost some haters.

I was thinking about what someone posted awhile back. They mentioned that because they can deal with their depression(etc) on their own everyone should. It really irks me when people try to act like just because something is true for them, it's true for the whole world.
    I mentioned before that I was on different prescribed meds for my depression/anxiety and adhd. Nothing ever worked and I just kept falling deeper and deeper in depression. I was at the point where I refused to get out of bed, I dropped out of college without hardly attending a single class. I'm definitely not saying smoking cured me, but it took the edge off enough for me to get my act together.

I never saw the documentary in full, but I was told in "Super High Me," the guy took an IQ test before and after he started the smoking trial. Believe it or not, he got a higher score when he was stoned!! How can weed make you stupid with results like that? Now yes, that wouldn't happen with everyone, and even with a control group I doubt the majority would result the same.
    I also read today that they have found some evidence that says smoking can help prevent a certain type of Alzheimers. Now how would that make sense if weed is supposed to make people more forgetful and lose short term memory?

Legitimately, the legality of Marijuana determines if people will smoke it. Without the thrill of knowing you're breaking the law, what's the point. Not to mention that weed is one of the weaker illicit drugs out there. If weed was legal for street sale, I doubt there will be street dealers anymore. If anything, you'll probably be seeing coffee stores selling pot like in Amsterdam. If its legalized, nothing will really change. A shot of Vodka is worse for you than a blunt (although some may beg to differ). If you don't want to smoke pot, then don't, no ones forcing you. Just don't drink and drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Klizcool View Post
    Without the thrill of knowing you're breaking the law, what's the point.
    Umm, what?
    current wifi team

Umm, what?
    hes saying that people break the law because they can...not for the weed.
    also another thing, if it is legalized then people will just find something else illegal to get....maybe something stronger...and yes maybe weed ist bad for u...but other drugs are...and people will just go down the line if its legalized.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    hes saying that people break the law because they can...not for the weed.
    also another thing, if it is legalized then people will just find something else illegal to get....maybe something stronger...and yes maybe weed ist bad for u...but other drugs are...and people will just go down the line if its legalized.
    There is actually quite a decent amount of evidence to the contrary of what you're suggesting. In fact, the opposite is true; we see less drug use in areas where marijuana is allowed, etc. We don't see people turn to/or use harder drugs because marijuana is legal/allowed. I can understand why you would think that, but that's not the reality.

And I don't smoke weed because I wanna break the law....
    current wifi team

Quote Originally Posted by RainaXainne View Post
    I was on different prescribed meds for my depression/anxiety and adhd. Nothing ever worked and I just kept falling deeper and deeper in depression. I was at the point where I refused to get out of bed, I dropped out of college without hardly attending a single class. I'm definitely not saying smoking cured me, but it took the edge off enough for me to get my act together.

I never saw the documentary in full, but I was told in "Super High Me," the guy took an IQ test before and after he started the smoking trial. Believe it or not, he got a higher score when he was stoned!! How can weed make you stupid with results like that? Now yes, that wouldn't happen with everyone, and even with a control group I doubt the majority would result the same.
    I also read today that they have found some evidence that says smoking can help prevent a certain type of Alzheimers. Now how would that make sense if weed is supposed to make people more forgetful and lose short term memory?
    I know that feel ma'am.

And yeah Ive seen that documentary and it did a pretty good job of showing how harmless weed is.

@Ansem, Yeah Cosmical is right. Just look at amsterdam. They partially legalized marijuana and their rate of hard illicit drug use has actually gone down.

There are way better documentaries than Super High Me, come on now lol.
    current wifi team

Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast