Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Duuuddee... Pass the blunt...

Quote Originally Posted by Brutaka View Post
    Now, people who mix marijuana with other medicines die, or people that choke on their own vomit die, but that isn't directly marijuana's fault.
    I dont there are any medications that marijuana cant be taken with without ill effects. I might be wrong though. I mean if you smoke a bowl and then pop 30 vicodin you'll die but it wont have anything to do with the weed you smoked. And marijuana cant make you choke on your own vomit....

@Heldigunner, while cigarettes are made much worse by added chemicals, pure tobacco is still bad for you.
    Last edited by OldManJenkins; 6th November 2012 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManJenkins View Post
    I dont there are any medications that marijuana cant be taken with without ill effects. I might be wrong though. I mean if you smoke a bowl and then pop 30 vicodin you'll die but it wont have anything to do with the weed you smoked. And marijuana cant make you choke on your own vomit....
    Eh, I don't know exact ones, but:
    "An exhaustive search of the literature finds no deaths induced by marijuana. The US Drug Abuse Warning Network (DAWN) records instances of drug mentions in medical examiners' reports, and though marijuana is mentioned, it is usually in combination with alcohol or other drugs. Marijuana alone has not been shown to cause an overdose death." http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/node/58
    Oh, look, it mentions alcohol. I guess it doesn't mix well with marijuana, huh?

Oh, look, it mentions alcohol. I guess it doesn't mix well with marijuana, huh?
    Not really. The buzz from the alcohol pretty much cancels out the weed buzz.

Not really. The buzz from the alcohol pretty much cancels out the weed buzz.
    I 100% disagree, it amplifies it. Perhaps it varies from person to person.

Quote Originally Posted by Heldigunner1 View Post
    And according to the page i posted, it can probably kill you.

Yeah, I hear other people say that too. Im just not into it. It might have something to do with the fact that whenever I drink I almost always get super wasted. I just cant seem to just have a couple beers.

Where on that page did it say that, Brutaka? I skimmed it but I didnt see anything.

And according to the page i posted, it can probably kill you.
    Of course it can, but just about every has the potential to kill you. Sitting down for to long can kill you.

Where on that page did it say that, Brutaka? I skimmed it but I didnt see anything.
    It was just listing that death from marijuana can only happen if you combine with something else, like alcohol or other drugs. The data was extrapolated from all the drug related deaths tallied by DAWN.

EDIT:
    Of course it can, but just about every has the potential to kill you. Sitting down for to long can kill you.
    Eating marijuana by itself, or drinking it like tea, however, cannot. As has already been said.

EDIT:
    Eating marijuana by itself, or drinking it like tea, however, cannot. As has already been said.
    Touche sir. But I can imagine, it won't taste that good.
    Last edited by Heldigunner1; 6th November 2012 at 1:05 AM.

Just smoking a joint wont kill you either. Except for maybe if you had really bad pneumonia or something. It just has the potential for ill health effects just like smoking anything else.

Also, I bet if you drank enough weed tea you could die. There was one lady who died from drinking too much water.

I bet if you drank enough weed tea you could die. There was one lady who died from drinking too much water.
    Well, maybe for just eating it too. Maybe you made 'em into chocolate brownies only to find out your allergic to chocolate. Or maybe you eat so much, you vomit, then drown in it. I dunno.

Or maybe you could eat too much at once without chewing and like choke or something. Its kind of ridiculous that marijuana is so safe we have to go this far to find ways you can kill yourself with it.

Or maybe you could eat too much at once without chewing and like choke or something. Its kind of ridiculous that marijuana is so safe we have to go this far to find ways you can kill yourself with it.
    Or accidentally eat ones that have glass shards in them.
    It is ridiculous, but it says something, no?

Yep. This is one of those threads where the only people that argue against it are the ones that dont know what they are talking about.

Yep. This is one of those threads where the only people that argue against it are the ones that dont know what they are talking about.
    Well, I mean, they might have an opinions argument if they believe that even cigarettes and alcohol in addition to marijuana should illegal. Then it comes down to a conservative vs liberal argument, and we'd never see the end of it.
    The problem arises when they are for tobacco and alcohol, but against marijuana...that's just ignorant.

Well, I mean, they might have an opinions argument if they believe that even cigarettes and alcohol in addition to marijuana should illegal. Then it comes down to a conservative vs liberal argument, and we'd never see the end of it.
    The problem arises when they are for tobacco and alcohol, but against marijuana...that's just ignorant.
    Yeah. Id say its more of an Authoritarian vs Libertarian argument than a Conservative vs Liberal one. Though I guess that depends on your definition of conservative and liberal.

Though I guess that depends on your definition of conservative and liberal.
    Brobro, lets use the actual definitions of words and their meanings. I recall another instance when you said to me 'that depends on your definition'. We all should use the actual definitions of words. I know that you're most likely going to tell me that you know this and agree, but in that case you should refrain from saying ^. And don't view this necessarily as criticism, more like peer editing. Its no big deal its just that I've been dealing with a lot of people in my life who enter in their own definitions and it can get a lil frustrating.
    My FC for 5th gen is 4041 2078 1937
    current wifi team
        Spoiler:- MasterBark:

LOL, but that isn't necessarily because of marijuana. That's just bad luck.

Marijuana is way too safe, and now people are coming up with silly ways people can injure themselves due to everyday accidents that marijuana doesn't actually cause?

Quote Originally Posted by Mandi. View Post
    Marijuana is way too safe, and now people are coming up with silly ways people can injure themselves due to everyday accidents that marijuana doesn't actually cause?
    Thats about it.

And I hear ya, Cosmical. There are multiple definitions for a lot of words though. And different people consider different things conservative and liberal.He could have meant conservatism as in this definition:
    5. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of Conservative Jews or Conservative Judaism.

How does it make more sense? Without listing facts, since by your argument, any fact isn't a fact at all, just an opinion/lie, please explain to me why it makes more sense for it to be unhealthy than healthy.
    its like a stranger telling a child to get into the car with him.
    Which one makes more sense? Really?
    MOTIVE!
    who would have the motive to lie?
    the scientist who say it is good or bad?
    its totally obvious. U tell me...unless u are to high or dont know.
    i will gladly tell, but i'll let u fail first.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    U tell me...unless u are to high or dont know.
    too* high.

No, not really. Considering that would be persuasion of a child who doesn't know better.

Which one makes more sense? Really?
    MOTIVE!
    who would have the motive to lie?
    Uh, both? Have you even LOOKED at the lies that the Australian government are spreading about marijuana?

Besides, the question was, in context, "How does saying 'alcohol is healthier than marijuana' make sense?".

its totally obvious. U tell me...unless u are to high or dont know.
    Clearly it isn't obvious AND I don't do pot.

Too late, your whole post was a fail.

Its not really that similar, mostly because there isnt really any obvious eason a scientist would want to be pro marijuana legalization. "Obvious" is a subjective concept anyways =/

What benefit does a scientist have to lie about that?

its totally obvious.
    Not really....?

U tell me...unless u are to high or dont know.
    Lay off the ad homs broheim.

IT looks like Colorado has legalized Weed. Thanks for the tip Shelton Benjamin.

Shelton J. Benjamin ‏@Sheltyb803
    This just in! the population of Colorado quadrupled in the last hour. That wouldnt have anything to do with Legalization of weed would it?
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

All credits for BT's Army Against Arrogance Banner goes to Brutaka.
    All Credits to Black Terminator's Region Express banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

I was already planning on moving to Seattle, Washington eventually!! *wink*

Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast