Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Duuuddee... Pass the blunt...

Lets make it legal then tax the living hell out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    You're splitting hairs in every single way imaginable.
    ^That
    10char.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    What was that Regarde. I couldn't hear you with all of that dick in your mouth.

^Greatest Cosplay Evar^

Anyway, I feel sad for people who need things like drugs and alcohol to make themselves feel special. If people weren't all like "derppp I do wut I want" and instead were decent human beings, we wouldn't need to have this topic discussed.
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/2hgad5k.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Kotone View Post
    Anyway, I feel sad for people who need things like drugs and alcohol to make themselves feel special. If people weren't all like "derppp I do wut I want" and instead were decent human beings, we wouldn't need to have this topic discussed.
    But they are. So F*ck your couch.

^Greatest Cosplay Evar^

Quote Originally Posted by R4GEKILL!!! View Post
    But they are. So F*ck your couch.
    Looking at the insult, I can clearly tell what kind of person you are. So, go do your drugs and have a teen pregnancy problem alongside it too. Humans are getting so messed up. I still feel bad for your kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotone View Post
    Looking at the insult, I can clearly tell what kind of person you are. So, go do your drugs and have a teen pregnancy problem alongside it too. Humans are getting so messed up. I still feel bad for your kind.
    You "Feel Bad" for "My Kind"? "Do my drugs and have a teen pregnancy problem"? I don't want to start a flamewar over how racist your comment was but... Wow. That's a little much.

^Greatest Cosplay Evar^

Quote Originally Posted by R4GEKILL!!! View Post
    You "Feel Bad" for "My Kind"? "Do my drugs and have a teen pregnancy problem"? I don't want to start a flamewar over how racist your comment was but... Wow. That's a little much.
    Yes, "racist" is the right term to use here Einstein.

You literally refered to the stereotype of a poor inner-city black kid. Of which I am. So I really don't appreciate it.

^Greatest Cosplay Evar^

I don't smoke because it would cost too much if it became a habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgeckledorf Spoongeblorb View Post
    I don't smoke because it would cost too much if it became a habit.
    Marijuana is kinda expensive... you make a good point...

^Greatest Cosplay Evar^

I feel like saying that it shouldn't be legal just because you held the "e" in "dude" in the thread title.

Dammit. You don't say "doodeeeee" when you're stretching out the word "dude," you say "duuuuuuuuude." D:<

But I'm iffy on it. The currently-legal marijuana is pretty dangerous. A friend of mine actually killed himself after going into a panic attack induced by the drug. It's hard for me to want others to suffer similar fates.

Plus, using any kind of drug is generally stupid. For medical uses, within hospitals, it would be different. Drug abuse is not acceptable, though.

You know, I think the thing that don't people seem to get about marijuana is that there are decent, responsible people who smoke it. It seems like people only deal in absolutes about the subject: you are either a non-smoking, responsible citizen, or you are an irresponsible, lazy, stupid pothead who gets high all the time. People don't seem to understand that there is a middle ground of pot-smokers who have self-control.

Also, I want weed to be legal because I do want to get high without being potentially arrested. Why is there anything wrong with that? I consider myself responsible enough to not do anything stupid. I get good grades in school. I uphold the law otherwise. Why should I have to be potentially arrested and have my record ruined by doing something I enjoy?
    THE
    END...?

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    I feel like saying that it shouldn't be legal just because you held the "e" in "dude" in the thread title.

Dammit. You don't say "doodeeeee" when you're stretching out the word "dude," you say "duuuuuuuuude." D:<

But I'm iffy on it. The currently-legal marijuana is pretty dangerous. A friend of mine actually killed himself after going into a panic attack induced by the drug. It's hard for me to want others to suffer similar fates.

Plus, using any kind of drug is generally stupid. For medical uses, within hospitals, it would be different. Drug abuse is not acceptable, though.
    Make cold medicine and aspirin illegal please.

I'm divided. Based on my experience, I would only do it for medical purposes. But I know amazing people who have done it for recreational purposes. The valedictorian of my school who went on to study neoliberalism at Berkley smoked pretty often.

So I feel pressured to say yes, it should be legal and in the class of cigarettes and alcohol...but my gut feeling says no, it should only be used as a medicine. (And I definately see no reason not to use it as a medicine, I've had medicines that do worse to me than being high.)

Quote Originally Posted by Albus Dumbledore
    Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.

My deviantART
    | Suggested Alternative News: The Juice Rap News and The Corbett Report

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan
    Make cold medicine and aspirin illegal please.
    The difference, of course, is that these medicines have both health benefits and health detriments exhaustively researched and documented, to the point where we can say, with relative certainty, "OK, we can use these medications like this, but not like that."

I mean, I realize you're just using hyperbole to point out that potential negative effects aren't sound enough reason to condemn something, but when there's a lack of any potential benefits as well, there's simply no good reason to allow it, either. Not to mention, in the case of marijuana, there's extreme bias surrounding both sides of the argument.

I'm pretty sure marijuana has beneficial side effects that have been observed and researched? Unless it's all just silly unsupported myth that marijuana helps headaches, eating problems, and helps prevents cancer. 0_o In any case, why should something be illegal just because it has no medical use anyway? Cigs kill hella lot of people I mean, and it's pretty legal. Usually I don't do this game of comparing it to other things when I argue, but I really can't see the diffence.
    Last edited by Ethan; 17th August 2011 at 8:41 AM.

Sounds about right.

Leave it illegal the world would be a whole lot better without all those drugies.
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

"Druggies" get high off pretty much everything BUT marijuana. I have yet to see someone whose life was ruined by smoking weed.

^Greatest Cosplay Evar^

You know, Zenotwapal never really got back to me on how alcohol or hard drugs are more beneficial than marijuana. In case anyone was wondering when he said this...

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    If you get behind a wheel of a fucking car while high off your ass, chances are you are going to hurt someone.
    I agree; neither should be legal. But come on, even ALCOHOL has more benefits than Marijuana does. Or better yet, any hard street drug.
    I'm kinda curious as to what compels him to make such a claim. Alcohol doesn't really have any benefits. Yeah, I've heard that wine has some health effects, but apart from that, it doesn't seem to have health benefits that outweigh the negatives, such as the fact that people can die from liver problems (like cirrhosis), alcohol poisoning, brain problems (hemorrhages and such), heart attacks, other heart problems, strokes, and cancer, among other things.

As for hard drugs, I'm pretty sure most of them can kill you, even if you are using them for the first time (ie Inhalants). Not to mention that you can die from an overdose or withdrawal symptoms.

But yeah, if you can tell me why they have more benefits than weed and back that up with links, then I'll kindly shut up.
    THE
    END...?

I know next to nothing about the actual scientifically proven effects, beneficial or harmful, of marijuana, as opposed to anecdotal evidence. I do not, never have, and probably never will smoke it or anything else myself; not because I'm a prude about it, but because IDGAF and probably could never acquire it anyway. My knee-jerk reaction is for it to be legalized, but not because of anything I might feel towards marijuana itself, but because I'm extremely conservative and think it isn't the government's place to outlaw "dangerous" things just so people can't hurt themselves with them. I know XYZ things are dangerous and bad for me, but it is none of your damn business, and it is my decision, not the government's. But I really know next to nothing about the issue. I also have no idea if I'm interrupting any kind of conversation or debate here, and I didn't read anything but the OP. The only reason I'm posting here is because it's my 420th post. Lol.

Also, there's a lady in my town running for mayor whose name is Mary Jane Goss, and I snicker every time I see a sign for her.

I say legalize it, kids are already selling it at my school. but tbh they should open a store next to mcdonalds, it would profit both imo

Spoiler:- Achievements:

Spoiler:- Events:

Spoiler:- Dream World:

It should be up to each individual state. However personally I'd support legalizing it.

NO. The affects of pot are drastic. I personally don't approve of any drugs/alcohol for these situations.
    "Pass the smokes!"= Mouth and lung cancer, bad teeth, bad breathing, terrible gums.
    "Pass the beer!"= Liver disease, brain problems, heart problems, alcohol poisoning, and hangovers.
    "Pass the bluuunnnttt...."= Death, Despair, Pain, and an hour of fun.
    It is totally worth it. Oh, wait a sec!

BUT
    Tax it heavily, VERY heavily, and see what happens, potheads may be able to contribute to society!
    Last edited by billybobjoefizz; 20th August 2011 at 7:54 AM.

If someone could PM me a code for Smash 3DS I'll love you forever and probably cry tears of joy.
    3DS friend code: 3325-1502-8082
    Gen VI Shinies: Rhyperior, Milotic, Klingklang, Latias, Blissey, Gliscor, Breloom, Scizor, Medicham, Gengar, Ninetales, Cloyster, and more if I can find my White 2 game.

Quote Originally Posted by billybobjoefizz View Post
    NO. The affects of pot are drastic.
    Source, please?

And what someone does to their own body is none of the government's business.

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast