Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950
Results 1,226 to 1,243 of 1243

Thread: Duuuddee... Pass the blunt...

  1. #1226

    Default

    It can be habitually addicting, meaning it can be easy for one to form a habit out of doing it, but it is not physiologically addicting and that is just a fact. I've seen so many credible sources stating this along with me literally asking my doctors and they all tell me the same thing. Mentally addicting, yes, but not physically addicting. But I suppose one could consider using the term addiction then. But like Sogeking said, to compare marijuana to cocaine, crystal meth, and heroin is laughable since there is such an apparent distinguishable difference.
    Last edited by Cosmical El Amarna; 7th February 2013 at 9:44 PM.
    My FC for 5th gen is 4041 2078 1937
    current wifi team
        Spoiler:- MasterBark:

  2. #1227
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    @fart
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsgod View Post
    http://www.drugabuse.gov/publication...uana-addictive
    Here's a link talking about the addictiveness of marajuana, and the reason I used them as examples is because Golduck said no one thinks that it's used to fit in so just by finding one example I've already defeated his argument.
    that link just says exactly what i said, that you can develop a dependency on it which has no real side effects other than irritability. and i think you eill find that Golduck didn't mean "no one" literally, he meant a vast majority
    life is
    a game

  3. #1228
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    that link just says exactly what i said, that you can develop a dependency on it which has no real side effects other than irritability. and i think you eill find that Golduck didn't mean "no one" literally, he meant a vast majority
    See but the flaw with that is that your saying there are no problems with weed and the flaw in the logic of not generalizing which we both did, makes it impossible to prove either way
    Epic trades for you!

    FC:
    Black 2: 4857 4837 4412

    Offering:
    DWF:

    Looking for:

    Please if you want any of these and more just PM me!

    All of the above are only available in black/white 2... I'm waiting for the pokemon transporter :P

    In Pokemon x/y
    FC: 3754-6299-8594

    Offering: Chespin, Fennekin, Squirtle, protean froakie
    Vivillions: elegant, modern
    Things I'm looking for: Mega pinsir's stone, mewtwo x's stone, mega tyranitars stone, mega manectric's stone

  4. #1229
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    *sigh* Ohio
    Posts
    6,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsgod View Post
    See but the flaw with that is that your saying there are no problems with weed and the flaw in the logic of not generalizing which we both did, makes it impossible to prove either way
    He didn't say that there are no problems with weed, just that the bad things about it really aren't that bad.

  5. #1230
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    He didn't say that there are no problems with weed, just that the bad things about it really aren't that bad.
    But see, anyone can put a spin or say that something is good or bad, it comes down to facts, not opinions
    Epic trades for you!

    FC:
    Black 2: 4857 4837 4412

    Offering:
    DWF:

    Looking for:

    Please if you want any of these and more just PM me!

    All of the above are only available in black/white 2... I'm waiting for the pokemon transporter :P

    In Pokemon x/y
    FC: 3754-6299-8594

    Offering: Chespin, Fennekin, Squirtle, protean froakie
    Vivillions: elegant, modern
    Things I'm looking for: Mega pinsir's stone, mewtwo x's stone, mega tyranitars stone, mega manectric's stone

  6. #1231
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    298

    Default

    But...but....marijuana is bad, mmmkay? Its the leading cause of "who ate all my damn chips?"
    ...ok i got nothing, theres really nothing bad about it other than the fact that smoking anything is bad for your lungs. Cigs and booze are far far worse.
    And one can become addicted to pretty much anything. But i dont believe it has any actual addictive properties.
    White: Liquid(Serperior), Steve(Wargle), Kitsune(Zoroark), Bowser(Carracosta), Benisuzume(Volcarona), Yin(Zekrom)
    FC: 2623 2056 1823-Tatyana

    Black: Solidus(Samurott), Cell(Reuniclus), Tator(Krookidile), Archie(Archeops), Buckshot(Sawsbuck), Yang(Resiram)
    FC: 1420 6686 1330-Mike

    White2: Longpig(Emboar), Lucky(Sh Scolipede), Jimmy(Vanilluxe), Tetsujin(Golurk), Peanut(Jellicent), Rose(Ferrothorn)
    FC: 2237 5012 1360-Kain

  7. #1232
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Kain View Post
    But...but....marijuana is bad, mmmkay? Its the leading cause of "who ate all my damn chips?"
    ...ok i got nothing, theres really nothing bad about it other than the fact that smoking anything is bad for your lungs. Cigs and booze are far far worse.
    And one can become addicted to pretty much anything. But i dont believe it has any actual addictive properties.
    For that I refer you back to my and Shinyunbreons heavy debate with ALOT of research on both ends back in December. It will have everything you could want to see and more
    Epic trades for you!

    FC:
    Black 2: 4857 4837 4412

    Offering:
    DWF:

    Looking for:

    Please if you want any of these and more just PM me!

    All of the above are only available in black/white 2... I'm waiting for the pokemon transporter :P

    In Pokemon x/y
    FC: 3754-6299-8594

    Offering: Chespin, Fennekin, Squirtle, protean froakie
    Vivillions: elegant, modern
    Things I'm looking for: Mega pinsir's stone, mewtwo x's stone, mega tyranitars stone, mega manectric's stone

  8. #1233
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    *sigh* Ohio
    Posts
    6,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsgod View Post
    But see, anyone can put a spin or say that something is good or bad, it comes down to facts, not opinions
    Well the facts mostly say while it causes lung damage, no more that cigarettes, and it lowers sperm count, which really isn't a severe health risk. It stimulates some parts of the brain while inhibits others while it's used, but it causes no permanent damage. It's really just the same as alcohol, where it's not bad for you if you use it in moderation, so the argument that it should be illegal really is silly.

  9. #1234
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Well the facts mostly say while it causes lung damage, no more that cigarettes, and it lowers sperm count, which really isn't a severe health risk. It stimulates some parts of the brain while inhibits others while it's used, but it causes no permanent damage. It's really just the same as alcohol, where it's not bad for you if you use it in moderation, so the argument that it should be illegal really is silly.
    It also causes loss of perception, impairment, and memory loss. My full opinion on the drug is that, its not a bad drug, BUT I do not think the negatives outweigh the positives, especially for recreational use. I do however think it should definitely be legalized a medication. If we have already decided its a medicine then why make it a recreational substance? That's like saying we should make pain killers a recreational substance, its not logical.
    Epic trades for you!

    FC:
    Black 2: 4857 4837 4412

    Offering:
    DWF:

    Looking for:

    Please if you want any of these and more just PM me!

    All of the above are only available in black/white 2... I'm waiting for the pokemon transporter :P

    In Pokemon x/y
    FC: 3754-6299-8594

    Offering: Chespin, Fennekin, Squirtle, protean froakie
    Vivillions: elegant, modern
    Things I'm looking for: Mega pinsir's stone, mewtwo x's stone, mega tyranitars stone, mega manectric's stone

  10. #1235
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsgod View Post
    It also causes loss of perception, impairment, and memory loss. My full opinion on the drug is that, its not a bad drug, BUT I do not think the negatives outweigh the positives, especially for recreational use. I do however think it should definitely be legalized a medication. If we have already decided its a medicine then why make it a recreational substance? That's like saying we should make pain killers a recreational substance, its not logical.
    I don't even smoke anymore, but lol. I don't believe there's enough negative long-term effects from smoking it to outweigh the positive effects.

    Don't compare marijuana to painkillers. I absolutely hate when people try to compare marijuana to other drugs that are actually both mentally and physically addicting, that people actually destroy their lives over.

    Nobody is really trying to say these other harmful drugs (if you abuse them) should be legalized for recreational use. There's a reason why so many people are for marijuana legalization. Everyone knows, even the stubborn people who are against it, that the drug isn't even harmful for the most part.
    I know people who have smoked the plant for years, everyday and they go to work everyday, they are able to function and do what a person who doesn't smoke does, if not, even better.
    and guess what?! THEY REMEMBER ME AND EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING!
    You do have pretty extreme short-term memory loss WHEN you are under the effects from it. But the long-term effects aren't severe enough to even come close to destroying your life and relationships.

  11. #1236
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandi. View Post
    I don't even smoke anymore, but lol. I don't believe there's enough negative long-term effects from smoking it to outweigh the positive effects.

    Don't compare marijuana to painkillers. I absolutely hate when people try to compare marijuana to other drugs that are actually both mentally and physically addicting, that people actually destroy their lives over.

    Nobody is really trying to say these other harmful drugs (if you abuse them) should be legalized for recreational use. There's a reason why so many people are for marijuana legalization. Everyone knows, even the stubborn people who are against it, that the drug isn't even harmful for the most part.
    I know people who have smoked the plant for years, everyday and they go to work everyday, they are able to function and do what a person who doesn't smoke does, if not, even better.
    and guess what?! THEY REMEMBER ME AND EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING!
    You do have pretty extreme short-term memory loss WHEN you are under the effects from it. But the long-term effects aren't severe enough to even come close to destroying your life and relationships.
    You read my comment about painkillers wrong, I meant it as a situational comparison, not a direct drug comparison. I chose pain killers from a list of many things I could replaced, such as cough medicine, or allergy pills.

    Your second part is also another generalization, this drug especially effects every person in different ways. I actually have a friend who smokes and becomes very violent when he smokes weed and can't remember any of the events that occur during.
    Epic trades for you!

    FC:
    Black 2: 4857 4837 4412

    Offering:
    DWF:

    Looking for:

    Please if you want any of these and more just PM me!

    All of the above are only available in black/white 2... I'm waiting for the pokemon transporter :P

    In Pokemon x/y
    FC: 3754-6299-8594

    Offering: Chespin, Fennekin, Squirtle, protean froakie
    Vivillions: elegant, modern
    Things I'm looking for: Mega pinsir's stone, mewtwo x's stone, mega tyranitars stone, mega manectric's stone

  12. #1237
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    *sigh* Ohio
    Posts
    6,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsgod View Post
    Your second part is also another generalization, this drug especially effects every person in different ways. I actually have a friend who smokes and becomes very violent when he smokes weed and can't remember any of the events that occur during.
    Well if it effects a certain individual badly then it should be upon the person to fix their behavior. If something makes them violent they should probably cut back on what makes them violent. There are people who can hardly take a few shots without becoming bad drunk, but that means they should watch out for themselves.

  13. #1238
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsgod View Post
    Your second part is also another generalization, this drug especially effects every person in different ways. I actually have a friend who smokes and becomes very violent when he smokes weed and can't remember any of the events that occur during.
    Obviously he, himself shouldn't be smoking weed then.
    Does he smoke and drink at the same time ..because honestly I have never heard of a person who becomes violent when smoking weed. It seems to me he must have some sort of issue then. I know that all drugs affect people differently, but for the most part, people smoke weed to relax and calm down. So becoming violent while smoking weed sounds pretty crazy to me. I mean I'll believe it, but it must be a rare thing.

    And well I'll be honest.. I can't say that I remember a lot of what the hell I talked about or did when I was high. I know it wasn't important though.. y'know some mcdonalds, and chilling on a couch talking about whatever most likely. I know I didn't kill someone or sold my house though.
    Last edited by Mandi.; 12th February 2013 at 4:49 AM.

  14. #1239
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In a world of your imagination
    Posts
    39

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    The ironic thing is that I see people from the anti-smoking thread supporting Marijuana use here.
    I totes agree:-)
    I don't agree with smokin' tobacco or drinking, so why should I have to agree with marujjana? E-Cigs are labeled as the safer alt. to ciggies but does that stop 'em from killing people by blowing up? Just google e-cigs blowing up. Now, do you really think that drugs can be labeled a safer alt. whatever self proclaimed stoners say?
    I couldn't give a flying **** if a bunch of stoners died cos they smoked marujjana, they weren't exactly benefiting the world, were they? Tobbaco and alcohol would probably be illegal too if the government didn't make such a crapload of money off it. So why don't we just keep non-paracetomol style drugs illegal, and stop people from 'just trying it' like many people do with cigs and drink cos there illegal and not as easy to obtain, kay?
    I don't want to be flamed. Keep your inner stoner to yourself.
    Phew! That took a while!
    Love Ya'll
    Celebi-Rose

    image credit goes to me, yay! i might make you an image if you ask nicely
    +I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste if you are too!+


  15. #1240
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    31

    Default

    i think if people want to die/ face the health problems thats their problem and their decision, i think that weed should be available nationwide in the corner store for all ages even, i mean can you imagine how much fun kids would have if they're high? maybe theyd stop wasting their time on pokemon and we wouldnt see so many of them in this shitty forum

  16. #1241
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rivet City
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Well in this day of age most of the people who are still against the legalization of marijuana are old school politicians the cotton and textile industry (who would not be to happy about the legalization of hemp usage) and well...some ignorant people. To be honest the America is in a time of change and this doesnt even just apply to marijuana. I would not be surprised if in the next ten years or so the push to legalize marijuana blew up. Also the arguement that marijuana is unhealthy and all that is a bad one. If that is the basis to keep marijuana illegal then stuff like cigarettes should be getting the same heat.

    Quote Originally Posted by happyhappy View Post
    i think if people want to die/ face the health problems thats their problem and their decision
    This much at least of what you say is true. This is one of the arguements that keeps cigarettes legal as well yes? Well really it applys to weed to. Even if marijuana were really that bad if cigarettes (which is much worse for you than some weed) are supported by the arguement then it definitely should support weed to.
        Spoiler:- Credits:

  17. #1242
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Well, all in all, regardless of whether I like it or not weed is more than likely going to get legalized. The only thing thats stopping it from being legalized now is the members of the congress and senate. The only things I have left to say are that the people here who support both sides still have a lot of research to do, its a controversial issue because there is a huge gray area, not because of on specific event. Also many people who defend it due to personal usage are... just ignorant and support a claim because of personal enjoyment. Finally people who think that weed not being legalized is some government conspiracy are wrong, the reason it hasn't been legalized is because the members of congress and the senate are not "with the times".

    It's been real interesting seeing peoples methods of arguing and kinda just proves how crazy people on the internet are. XD
    Epic trades for you!

    FC:
    Black 2: 4857 4837 4412

    Offering:
    DWF:

    Looking for:

    Please if you want any of these and more just PM me!

    All of the above are only available in black/white 2... I'm waiting for the pokemon transporter :P

    In Pokemon x/y
    FC: 3754-6299-8594

    Offering: Chespin, Fennekin, Squirtle, protean froakie
    Vivillions: elegant, modern
    Things I'm looking for: Mega pinsir's stone, mewtwo x's stone, mega tyranitars stone, mega manectric's stone

  18. #1243
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Starling City
    Posts
    895

    Default

    Personally I could careless about smoking, cigarettes, weed, anything. This is just MY personal opinion. I think smoking anything is nasty, unhealthy and gross. This is all just MY personal opinion. I honestly don't care if any other people smoke thats their business, but for me I have never smoked anything and never will. I have always lived a athletic healthy lifestyle. Not only that, but smoking seems pointless to me. I guess I have just never understood what's so great about getting high, or even smoking a cigarette. I don't know, I guess i'm just weird.

    I will never smoke period, but as I said if others want too thats their business.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 27th April 2013 at 6:15 AM.

    My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •