Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future Black Team

Default Future Black Team

I've never actually planned out a team, but I wanted to construct the most versatile team I could. By versatile I mean a team prepped for any type.

This is what I've got:

Gallade:
    Psycho Cut, Psychic, Drain Punch, Low Sweep

Chinchou:
    Discharge, Thunderbolt, Surf, Hydro Pump

Mamoswine:
    Earthquake, Dig, Ice Fang, Ice Beam

Honchkrow:
    Wing Attack, Fly, Dark Pulse, Night Slash

Giratina:
    Dragon Claw, Draco Meteor, Shadow Ball, Shadow Force

Arceus:
    Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Judgement

I'm not sure what hold-items to give any of them yet, though I'm thinking of having Arceus with a plate when I have a specific type I want him to be.

Any suggestions or opinions would be appreciated.
    Black FC: 2967 5723 1857
    [B] White 2 FC: 1163 8929 0518

I'm up for casual wifi matches, just pm me.

Wants:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

PM me about trades and/or services.

Mamoswine
    ~Earth Quake
    ~ Ice shard (the best STAB for it)
    ~ Rock slide
    ~ Return/avalanche

Gallade
    ~ Shadow sneak
    ~ Earth Quake
    ~ Brick Break/Close combat
    ~ Swords dance/Leaf blade

A little general advice, you don't need two of the same type move on your pokemon. I.E. a Ground type only needs one ground type attack, like earthquake.
    Fc: 5300-9702-8663 (in game name mike)
    Ice: spheal, Beartic and cloyster.

MM success so far,

Can you explain what STAB means. I've seen it around but I have no clue what it means. I'll take your advice and rework the movesets, though I intend for Gallade to have at least one psychic move.

Wants:

STAB stands for 'Same Type Attack Bonus'. Pretty cool acronym, huh?

It means that Pokemon using an attack of the same type as their type(s) will do +50% more Base damage. For example, a Charizard (Fire/Flying) using Heat Wave (100 Base Damage) will do 150 Base damage. Similarly, Wing Attack (60 Base Damage) will do 90 Base Damage after STAB is factored in. It's therefore advantageous to include in a moveset moves that are of the same type as the Pokemon.

Thanks for the explanation. That's actually a neat feature that I had no clue existed.

Wants:

chinchou: replace discharge with thunder wave, itll help you catch legendaries
    mamoswine: replace dig with stone edge
    gallade: zen headbutt, ice punch, close combat, leaf blade
    honchkrow: night slash, fly, heat wave, steel wing maybe?
    giratina: earth power, shadow ball, dragon pulse, aura sphere
    these movesets will give you a LOT more coverage and variety
    My Firered Team: My Emerald Team:
    My Platinum Team: My Heartgold Team:
    My White Team: My (planned) White 2 Team:
    My (planned) Black 2 Team:

Name: Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Bsugarhigh View Post
    Emolga should evolve into MEANmolga a BIG muscular pokemon that gets dynamic punch.

I'm just looking to make a powerful team so thunder wave wouldn't do much for me. And I'll be making another team for Black 2. I will consider your move ideas though.

Wants:

Quote Originally Posted by animegirl1429 View Post
    I'll take your advice and rework the movesets, though I intend for Gallade to have at least one psychic move.
    Quote Originally Posted by andresballer03 View Post
    gallade: zen headbutt
    Being that gallade can't learn zen headbutt. except via move tutor. Psycho cut would do if you want a psychic attack, use it instead of swords dance.

MM success so far,

Do you mean to evolve Chinchou to Lanturn?

Lanturn @ WiseGlasses
    Modest, Volt Absorb (optional)
    -Thunderbolt
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Volt Switch/Signal Beam

The same set works for Chinchou; replace WiseGlasses with Eviolite.

Thunderbolt and Surf are both powerful moves that get STAB. Ice Beam gets good coverage on most Pokemon with Thunderbolt, and also covers your Grass weakness. Signal Beam is for a little more coverage on Dark and Psychic Types, but it's generally redundant on Grass types because of Ice Beam. Volt Switch allows you to deal damage, then switch out to a better Pokemon.

Giratina @ Griseous Orb (if possible)
    Timid, Levitate
    - Shadow Ball
    - Draco Meteor
    - Aura Sphere
    - Earth Power/Thunderbolt/Energy Ball

Griseous Orb gives you a Ground Immunity, so use it if you have it. Shadow Ball and Draco Meteor get STAB. Aura Sphere hits Ice Types and Dark Types that you are weak, as well as Steel and Rocks that don't get hurt by Draco Meteor. The last move depends on what you feel could support your team the most. I'd go with Energy Ball since you lack another Grass Type move.

Haven't decided on if I'll evolve Chinchou. I've changed around the movesets for the whole team, but I'm not sure about all of them yet.

Wants:

No psychic on your gallade? what's up with that!?
    Please check the signature rules; your signature was too tall.

[img]http://i50.*******.com/29o1mdi.png[/img]
    [Userbar's made by MaidensGhost please check out her shop.]

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...op!&highlight= "Click this link to head to Maiden's shop"

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...lawless-Bazaar "Click this Link to head to my shop"
    [img]http://i44.*******.com/nzrup0.png[/img]
    [Made By AWildMew][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by 0LdSk00lMew View Post
    No psychic on your gallade? what's up with that!?
    Boy, don't you just love newbies that don't read the rules. Plus Gallade is a physical attacker. Psychic on a gallade, What's up with that!?

MM success so far,

Quote Originally Posted by koosbane View Post
    Boy, don't you just love newbies that don't read the rules. Plus Gallade is a physical attacker. Psychic on a gallade, What's up with that!?
    Been a member since 2009 only 317 post's lol and you call me a "newbie" silence fool.
    I did not notice they had psychic on their gallade sorry its 05:15AM we all cant be a hero like yourself koosbane

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...op!&highlight= "Click this link to head to Maiden's shop"

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...lawless-Bazaar "Click this Link to head to my shop"
    [Made By AWildMew][/B]

Been a member since 2009 only 317 post's lol and you call me a "newbie" silence fool.
    I did not notice they had psychic on their gallade sorry its 05:15AM we all cant be a hero like yourself koosbane
    When I said the rules I was reffering to this,
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    "1. Flaming/bashing/trying to piss people off will not be tolerated.

"...wtf are you crazy!??!?! putting -INSERT MOVE HERE- on -INSERT POKEMON HERE- ?!?!?!?! And those EVs man, are you drunk? You suck really... do you ahve any idea what CoMpEtItIvE battling is!?!? Youre a stupid dumb a.ss. You are banned from the thread...LOLZ!!!!!!!"

"Excuse me, I know what Im doing. I beat -INSERT PERSON HERE- on Netbattle and my Wurmple totally PwNeD the Elite 4 so shove off!"

Just don't do this.
    "

I don't live my life on these forums, sorry its so early where you are. I just so happened to be on and saw you going around spamming threads with useless posts and reffering people to Smogon for movesets. Please don't post in IGRMT if you don't have anything to offer but this kind of stuff.
    If you want specific attacks just check out the smogon board .
    And the point you still didn't get was psychic on gallade is USELESS. Its a physical attacker, a special move is worthless.
    Last edited by koosbane; 30th August 2012 at 6:35 AM.

MM success so far,

Quote Originally Posted by koosbane View Post
    When I said the rules I was reffering to this, "

I don't live my life on these forums, sorry its so early where you are. I just so happened to be on and saw you going around spamming threads with useless posts and reffering people to Smogon for movesets. Please don't post in IGRMT if you don't have anything to offer but this kind of stuff.

And the point you still didn't get was psychic on gallade is USELESS. Its a physical attacker, a special move is worthless.
    You really have a small brain all i said was "no psychic?" you're making a big deal out of nothing :S the person already had that move so stop crying like a little b*tch. You put "stupid" and "dumb" in the same sentence when both word's mean the samething -claps- somebody give this guy a banana or something. What's wrong with smogon? instead of me listing every single combination it's easier for me to just tell them to go to smogon.

[Made By AWildMew][/B]

You really have a small brain all i said was "no psychic?" you're making a big deal out of nothing :S the person already had that move so stop crying like a little b*tch. You put "stupid" and "dumb" in the same sentence when both word's mean the samething -claps- somebody give this guy a banana or something. What's wrong with smogon? instead of me listing every single combination it's easier for me to just tell them to go to smogon.
    I don't think you understand what I was saying. You added nothing to the conversation, you were mistaken anyway, and if people wanted to get movesets off smogon, they would go to smogon. Also, I never said dumb or stupid ever.

MM success so far,

Can we please stop spamming my thread? I have my reasons for wanting a psychic move on Gallade. If someone thinks one of my moves is pointless, then discuss it with me instead of arguing with other people.

Wants:

Quote Originally Posted by animegirl1429 View Post
    Can we please stop spamming my thread? I have my reasons for wanting a psychic move on Gallade. If someone thinks one of my moves is pointless, then discuss it with me instead of arguing with other people.
    Koosbane got told

Anways sorry i was quite tired last night.. i do a little flaw in your move's you have more than one stab move on each pokemon e.g Gallade with x2 psychic attacks x2 fighting attack's.. you can change it up. Take out low sweep put in something that could do a status effect (thunder wave, toxic) drain punch away also you can take out either psycho cut or psychic for protect . Drain punch is great though

[Made By AWildMew][/B]

I've already changed up the movesets, I just haven't posted the new sets yet. I'm debating on some of their moves, hence why I've yet to add the new moves, but I guess I'll do it now:

Gallade – Psycho Cut, Low Sweep, Leaf Blade, Close Combat
    Chinchou – Thunderbolt, Surf, Ice Beam, Volt Switch
    Mamoswine – Earthquake, Bulldoze, Ice Shard, Ice Beam
    Honchkrow – Wing Attack, Dark Pulse, Night Slash, Shadow Ball
    Giratina – Dragon Claw, Aura Sphere, Shadow Ball, Shadow Force
    Arceus – Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Judgement

Not sure about keeping Close Combat on Gallade, as I don't like that it lowers defense and Sp. Def. With Chinchou I'm thinking of swapping one of it's moves for Aqua-Ring, but I'm not sure how useful that move is as I've never used it myself. Mamoswine I'm feeling pretty good about but I'll consider any suggestions, same with Honchkrow. With Giratina I really wanted a better dragon move, but I don't like the idea of having Draco Meteor and Shadow Force. I'm quite fond of Shadow Force so unless someone can give me a really good reason to not include it then it stays. Arceus I feel has a fine moveset so I'm pretty sure he's set in his moves.

Wants:

^On your mamoswine you should really repalce ice beam with rock slide.
    Also on gallade if you don't like CC, use brick break and drop low sweep for something else, Ice punch, EQ, or even swords dance.

Sorry if your thread got spammed, I get bothered by people coming into IGRMT throwing out useless comments on threads. I apologize for my part in it.
    Last edited by koosbane; 30th August 2012 at 4:33 PM.

MM success so far,

I can understand getting annoyed at useless comments, but that's no reason to start spamming a person's thread; PMs exist for a reason

Why do you suggest swapping Low Sweep for Brick Break? And if I swap Ice Beam for Rock Slide then for sake of sanity I'd feel the need to swap Earthquake or Bulldoze for a non ground/rock/fighting move. I want to keep everything feeling balanced.

Wants:

Ground and rock give awesome coverage, coupled with Ice its even better. Low sweep is inconsistent damage because of it factoring the weight. I suggested Brick break as an alternative to Close combat and dropping low sweep all together.

MM success so far,

Mamoswine @ Soft Sand/NevermeltIce
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide/Stone Edge
    - Ice Fang
    - Return/Strength

The reason people are suggesting another Ice move over Ice Beam is that Mamoswine's base Attack is much higher than his base Sp. Attack. That means a physical Ice move (Ice Fang) deals more damage than a Special based Ice move (Ice Beam), generally.

Having Rock/Ground moves on the same Pokemon gives it better coverage (i.e more balanced). So in fact, it would be a good idea to throw in Rock Slide. Of course, Ice moves should be used on Bug and Flying, and Ground on Fire to benefit from STAB, but to be honest, if you're going for a full offensive set, Mamoswine doesn't have many options.

Therefore, Earthquake and Ice Fang for STAB. Rock Slide because it's a decent move for more coverage, but should be replaced with Stone Edge once you find TM 71 in the Challenger's Cave (Post E4). Return is mainly filler, but you can replace it with Strength if you need a team member carrying this HM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monochromatic View Post

The reason people are suggesting another Ice move over Ice Beam is that Mamoswine's base Attack is much higher than his base Sp. Attack. That means a physical Ice move (Ice Fang) deals more damage than a Special based Ice move (Ice Beam), generally.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Monochromatic View Post
    Of course, Ice moves should be used on Bug and Flying
    Ice for flying yes, for bug, no. That's what rock slide is for. Technically rock slide could take out both Flying and bug.

I like Ice shard on my mamoswine over Ice fang but its really your prefference.

MM success so far,

wow, one night i dont check this thread and hilarity ensues. thanks guys, for giving me a chuckle. my apologies for zen headbutt on gallade, i thought this was a black 2 team, not black.
    My Firered Team: My Emerald Team:
    My Platinum Team: My Heartgold Team:
    My White Team: My (planned) White 2 Team:
    My (planned) Black 2 Team:

Name: Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Bsugarhigh View Post
    Emolga should evolve into MEANmolga a BIG muscular pokemon that gets dynamic punch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast