Page 1 of 57 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: California Trainers Club

Default California Trainers Club

Welcome to the California Pokemon Trainers Club! This is a place for you to meet new friends and trainers in your area. Here at the C.P.T.C. we are devoted to helping trainers meet new friends to battle, trade and share info with each other. Joining is fast, free, and E.Z. to do. Simple post in this thread and tell us who you are and where in California you are located and you’re in! (you don't have to say exactly where you are, just your city that you live in) We meet and have GBA tournaments once a month.

Club Rules:
    01) You must be a Pokemon trainer (i.e Trains Pokemon in the Game Boy games). If you're interested in battling us, but do not yet have competitive Pokemon, we can accommodate you. We do have "Rental Pokemon" made just for our new members. All you need to do is bring your gameboy and tell us in advance that you would like to play in a tournament. We have a limited amount of "Rental Pokemon Teams", so first come, first serve.

02) Even though this club is for California trainers, everyone is welcome to post here and to visit our tournaments.

03) Keep it friendly. Constructive criticism is fine, but no name calling or flaming.

04) Cheating for competitive Pokemon is not allowed. If you are caught battling with a Pokemon that has been hacked/altered by a 3rd party device you will be disqualified from the tournament.

05) Do not trade any cloned Pokemon without a warning before hand. A clone for a single original might be considered a rip off to most trainers.

06) Follow all SPPf rules while posting here.

07) Have fun! Don't take a loss too hard! Remember you learn more from a loss than you do from a win. Don't be ashamed to ask for advise too.

I hope this club will keep trainers meet new friends and will last a long time. If you have any questions feel free to PM either BluekiKatana or PsiUmbreon.
    Note: If you are a younger trainer and is thinking about meeting another member for real be sure to check with you’re parents and go with someone else. Play it safe.

Tournament Info:
    Once a month, typically on the 4th saturday of the month, we meet for a tournament. We have them in Santa Monica Place, which is located at the end of the Promenade. The address is:
    395 Santa Monica Place
    Santa Monica, CA 90401
    For driving directions, go to www.santamonicaplace.com . Enter from the north side, which is the side facing the Promenade. There should be a stairway. Go up those stairs to the second floor, and there should be a room with tables and chairs, with huge glass windows. (you should be able to see the windows from the entrance too) We usually all get there at 1:00, and we start whenever everyone's ready.

SPPf members who have participated in one or more of our meetups:
    SantaMonicaMatt
    BluekiKatana
    PsiUmbreon
    Kayoss
    Mac Dad
    TheDevil21
    Teehee
    4tw
    Jiraxys562
    Jssr903
    Celestial Turtle
    ::Wildfire::
    MacX
    CompyFranko
    DiscoDragon
    LilZanchan
    BirdTrainerUlexite
    Lazer
    Tenshiryuu
    CeruleanDraco
    ToastyToasterMan
    Malocide
    JinEnjuce

(we also have some non-SPPf members there too)

Standard Tournament Rules:
    -Open level, unless otherwise stated.
    -Any hold items are allowed (except for Soul Dew), you may use more than one of each.
    -No Destiny Bond/Selfdestruct/Explosion on final Pokemon. Use of these moves when you are down to your last pokemon will result in a loss.
    -You may only inflict the sleep condition on one of your opponent's Pokemon at a time.
    -Restricted/Prohibited Pokemon:
    You may only use ONE of the Pokemon on the following list for your team:
    Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Jirachi, Celebi.
    The following Pokemon are prohibited:
    Mewtwo, Mew, Wobbuffet, Lugia, Ho-oh, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Latios, Latias (Latis as of Jan 2007)

NEW: Forum Info:
    http://z6.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_Nation/index.php? This is our wi-fi headquarters, where we discuss battling strategies, wi-fi trades, and the like. Please join.

Upcoming Events

Our next Pokemon Tournament:
    March 31 @ 12 Noon, Santa Monica Place (see above for address)
    Rules: This will be our FINAL GBA tournament. (We're moving on to 4th gen after this) We'd love to have you for our 3rd gen closing competition! Please visit this thread for more details:
    http://z6.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_N...?showtopic=888
    Last edited by BluekiKatana; 3rd March 2007 at 8:30 AM.

I live near the middle. I'm not allowed to say the full name. Let's just say I'm near disney land.
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

"If one out of every million stars in the universe has planets around it, and one out of every million of those has life,
    and one out of every million of those has intelligent life, then there are literally millions of planets out there with intelligent life.
    So if we are alone in the universe, it seems like an awful waste of space"-Carl Sagan

Codes:
    Pearl
    Zuiver 3093 3548 1719

bartsimpson2004372 Guest

i live in the same area as hammy but we wont tell

by the way it will have the california condor i think yosemity and a guy from the big four i think hey dont get me wrong but it was in the newspaper

Whos' the big 4? I forgot, but I knew about the condor.
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

"If one out of every million stars in the universe has planets around it, and one out of every million of those has life,
    and one out of every million of those has intelligent life, then there are literally millions of planets out there with intelligent life.
    So if we are alone in the universe, it seems like an awful waste of space"-Carl Sagan

Codes:
    Pearl
    Zuiver 3093 3548 1719

bartsimpson2004372 Guest

there the guys who built the continaltil railroad

Oh, I get it now. Ok. Still, what day was it shown? Probably last year
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Codes:
    Pearl
    Zuiver 3093 3548 1719

bartsimpson2004372 Guest

yah last year my teacher even metioned it

Thought so. So I'll have to wait till next january to see it...
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Codes:
    Pearl
    Zuiver 3093 3548 1719

bartsimpson2004372 Guest

well thats that ohh well hey hammy should i get donkey konga at our local gamestop

If you want to. Bart, in the arcade the have DDR on page 9. Click on the banana that's dancing.
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Codes:
    Pearl
    Zuiver 3093 3548 1719

bartsimpson2004372 Guest

ok let me look

That game is so fun! Gotta go watch the simpsons.
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Codes:
    Pearl
    Zuiver 3093 3548 1719

SantaMonicaMatt Guest

wow wow wow wow. Lets try and stay on topic guys. Thanks

I live in Orange County, CA...

I'm not positive that I'll be allowed to just go and meet up with random trainers whenever I feel like it. But I may be able to meet up with others at a mall, TCG leage, or something safe like that.

Although I could try to ask my folks reeaaallly nice.

orange county? That's near me(within three hours).

I gotta go to bed.

~hammy out~
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Codes:
    Pearl
    Zuiver 3093 3548 1719

SantaMonicaMatt Guest

Default Meetup.com meet up group!

Here at the California Pokemon Trainers Club we are devoted to making meeting new trainers as safe and fun as possible. So, we have maid a meetup.com group to meet all our needs!

Meetup.com is a place for people to find clubs in there area about things they are in to. So now Southern California has it's own Pokemon meet up group. Just click here to find out when we are meeting and become a member. It's fun, fast, and free.

Talk to you all later.

I'll see if I can get me parents to let me go.
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Codes:
    Pearl
    Zuiver 3093 3548 1719

SMM, and the other folks at this Meetup are just trying to find enough people to hold some decent monthly Pokemon game tourneys. And further establish a good self created league where we can battle/trade/play mini games ect.
    I myself went to the last months gathering and it went well. I hope any other trainers in the SoCal area will consider this too. Its much more fun to actually test your hard earned team against other battlers who are as skilled as yourself, instead of having to settle for just a few friends and family.
    Last edited by BluekiKatana; 5th October 2004 at 4:58 PM.

Or just fight other weak people to establish some rep...
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Codes:
    Pearl
    Zuiver 3093 3548 1719

Quote Originally Posted by hammy_ham_ham
    Or just fight other weak people to establish some rep...
    You should not worry about things like "rep". I do not consider myself a bully, and I would not be associated with a group that promoted bullying. This group was not created so we could beat weaker people than us over and over. It was created so we could have the chance to meet other individuals that shared the same burning desire to battle hard.
    People who are happy with weak opposition don't bother to try and find advanced competition. Those kind of people can stick to wiping the Elite Four or Colosseum. We seriously wish to attract people who adore Pokemon and won't settle for playing alone.

Also, you don't have to be an advanced gameboy battler to join. I am a DCI certified Pokemon Professor for the Pokemon TCG and can teach you that as well. If you wish to learn advanced gameboy battling you can learn that from one of us too. There are lots of Pokemon associated things that this Unofficial League is trying to introduce to the SoCal public, don't worry though, bullying won't be one of them.

i live in California as you can see by my location as for where exactly lets just say i can see the Hollywood sign from my house i would like to meet more people who play pokemon also i would like to know where tournaments/ TCG leagues are in my area.
    so can I join?
    Gone.

http://psiumbreon.livejournal.com/82372.html

SantaMonicaMatt Guest

Umbreon 07, you are more then welcome to join us. Just check out the meetup.com site and sign up there. Then become a meber of our meet up group. It's that simple. Hope to see you all there.

bartsimpson2004372 Guest

im not sure i wanno go hey i have to juggle 4 fourms already

I have like 7...

I didn'y mean it that way. I mean to fight weaker people, and then they'll ask me how I got so stropng, and then I can help them and be friends. It's a whole system.

and, dude, I am not a 'weak' battler. I have beaten bart many a time. Besides the time I was dared to fight with only level 25 pikachus I have never lost to another person.
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Codes:
    Pearl
    Zuiver 3093 3548 1719

SantaMonicaMatt Guest

It truly dosent matter if you are a pokemon Master or Just a begining trainer. All are welcome here. The only time it will matter is if we get enoph members to have a tournement. Thats all.

Again, all are welcome.

Page 1 of 57 123451151 ... LastLast