Welcome to the California Pokemon Trainers Club! This is a place for you to meet new friends and trainers in your area. Here at the C.P.T.C. we are devoted to helping trainers meet new friends to battle, trade and share info with each other. Joining is fast, free, and E.Z. to do. Simple post in this thread and tell us who you are and where in California you are located and you’re in! (you don't have to say exactly where you are, just your city that you live in) We meet and have GBA tournaments once a month.
01) You must be a Pokemon trainer (i.e Trains Pokemon in the Game Boy games). If you're interested in battling us, but do not yet have competitive Pokemon, we can accommodate you. We do have "Rental Pokemon" made just for our new members. All you need to do is bring your gameboy and tell us in advance that you would like to play in a tournament. We have a limited amount of "Rental Pokemon Teams", so first come, first serve.
02) Even though this club is for California trainers, everyone is welcome to post here and to visit our tournaments.
03) Keep it friendly. Constructive criticism is fine, but no name calling or flaming.
04) Cheating for competitive Pokemon is not allowed. If you are caught battling with a Pokemon that has been hacked/altered by a 3rd party device you will be disqualified from the tournament.
05) Do not trade any cloned Pokemon without a warning before hand. A clone for a single original might be considered a rip off to most trainers.
06) Follow all SPPf rules while posting here.
07) Have fun! Don't take a loss too hard! Remember you learn more from a loss than you do from a win. Don't be ashamed to ask for advise too.
I hope this club will keep trainers meet new friends and will last a long time. If you have any questions feel free to PM either BluekiKatana or PsiUmbreon.
Note: If you are a younger trainer and is thinking about meeting another member for real be sure to check with you’re parents and go with someone else. Play it safe.
Once a month, typically on the 4th saturday of the month, we meet for a tournament. We have them in Santa Monica Place, which is located at the end of the Promenade. The address is:
395 Santa Monica Place
Santa Monica, CA 90401
For driving directions, go to www.santamonicaplace.com . Enter from the north side, which is the side facing the Promenade. There should be a stairway. Go up those stairs to the second floor, and there should be a room with tables and chairs, with huge glass windows. (you should be able to see the windows from the entrance too) We usually all get there at 1:00, and we start whenever everyone's ready.
SPPf members who have participated in one or more of our meetups:
(we also have some non-SPPf members there too)
Standard Tournament Rules:
-Open level, unless otherwise stated.
-Any hold items are allowed (except for Soul Dew), you may use more than one of each.
-No Destiny Bond/Selfdestruct/Explosion on final Pokemon. Use of these moves when you are down to your last pokemon will result in a loss.
-You may only inflict the sleep condition on one of your opponent's Pokemon at a time.
You may only use ONE of the Pokemon on the following list for your team:
Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Jirachi, Celebi.
The following Pokemon are prohibited:
Mewtwo, Mew, Wobbuffet, Lugia, Ho-oh, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Latios, Latias (Latis as of Jan 2007)
NEW: Forum Info:
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_Nation/index.php? This is our wi-fi headquarters, where we discuss battling strategies, wi-fi trades, and the like. Please join.
Our next Pokemon Tournament:
March 31 @ 12 Noon, Santa Monica Place (see above for address)
Rules: This will be our FINAL GBA tournament. (We're moving on to 4th gen after this) We'd love to have you for our 3rd gen closing competition! Please visit this thread for more details: