Thread: The Sims Club!

Default The Sims Club!

The Sims Club

Intro

The Sims Club is a place for everyone that enjoys making the amazing people that you can control right on your computer. Whether you're a fan of the original games, the Sims 2 series, or the newest Sims 3, you're allowed to join (just know that most discussion will probably be on the Sims 3)

Some people enjoy building things, some enjoy making super-customized Sims, and other people just love ruining the Sims' lives. ;D No matter who you are, you can join and discuss about anything Sims-related. :3

Rules

1) You must be a fan of the games to play.
    2) Keep discussion mostly centered around the games, please.
    3) Don't bash or any of that kind of stuff, no matter what.
    4) Asking/giving cheats, etc is fine, I guess, since they're all over the internet anyway. XD
    5) Feel free to share tips, pictures (in spoilers, please), legacy stories, or anything else!
    6) When joining please include "Long live the Goths" in your post. ;D

Members

Buraddo_Aipom
    TylerS
    zhanton
    emogirl
    Valencia

Have fun!

Last edited by Walcott; 23rd December 2011 at 9:26 PM.

I used to have The Sims untill it broke my computer*or i did* and now i got The Sims 3
    The Sims Social kinda sucks to me but mainly because of the loading errors which dosn't let me play

Long live the Goths

YESSSSSSS! Long live the Goths!

So lets kick off some discussion shall we? :]

What was the last thing you did on Sims?

The last thing I did was, if I recall correctly, put my sim Johnny (by the way, it wasn't me that named him this terribly uncreative name, it was my little brother) to bed after a long day of cooking and playing the guitar. He's a fairly creative sim whose interests include guitar, cooking and painting.

Welcome! This didn't get accepted for a while, I was beginning to think that it never would, haha. TylerS, how did it break for you? The Sims 2 "broke" on my laptop, and all the people show up as completely while with numbers covering their bodies. The streets and stuff are like that too. :/

Well, I started a Legacy the other week, and the last thing I did was watch the wife of my second generation heir give birth to TRIPLETS. ;____; I was hoping for twins, but she decided she wanted one more so that her and the heir would have FOUR total children. But meh, I don't really mind. My founder and his wife were only able to have one child, so at least this expands the family a bit. ^^

I want to make a new topic purely because I want to talk about my Legacy. ;D

Do you have a Legacy in your game? If so, explain it. (link for those who don't know of Legacies)

I do have a Legacy, obviously. My founders name is Aldous Majors. His Lifetime Wish was Jack of All Trades (reach level 5 of four different careers), which he was able to complete. He met and married Zelda Mae through his first job in the Music career. Because she was so much older, she only had time to give birth to one child, who they named Damian. Zelda died not long after Damian was a teenager, but she was able to retire and also get her creativity skill up high enough to paint Aldous's portrait. Aldous didn't die until recently, which was after Damian and his wife gave birth to their first child.

Damian Majors was the only child, so he had to be the heir, which I'm fine with. He met Sandy (whose last name I forget) at school, and she moved in and married him once they grew up. Their wedding was at home, and I set up a nice floral display for them to stand near. Aldous also played guitar for them to dance to, since he mastered the guitar skill. :{D Sandy gave birth to their first son, Ezra Majors, who I've chosen to be the heir. Sandy gave birth recently to triplets (Rachel, William, and Alan) right after Aldous died. Both Damian and Sandy are in the Medical career, which Damian is excelling at. His Logic skill is reallllly high.

Uh, that's all so far. I plan to have all the heirs master a certain skill before they die, and hope to have each of their Lifetime Wishes completed too. So far I'm having a lot of fun with my Legacy, and I'll post pictures soon. (:

Wellll, I'm gunna join and drop the occasional post for you, but I'll probably be too busy playing the games to type it all up, hahah. Long Live the Goths. And I've been a fan from the originals the Sims 3, but I'm slightly falling behind on the expasion packs, but I am making a trip to Wal Mart sometime soon for the ones I don't have!
    Also, Sims Medieval, anyone? I know it gets a little redundant, but it's still Sims.
    The edit button is always your friend.
    Hipsters, I tell ya.
    If I don't know who you are, don't be offended, but I can't keep up with all of these username changes.
    My Biggest Pet Peeve On Here: vming me and your profile is private! Pretty impossible to vm back, just so you are aware.

Welcome! You're accepted as well. :3

I didn't hear about the Sims Medieval until I got back into the Sims 3 a couple weeks ago. It looks like a cool idea, but I'm definitely still more interested in the regular games. ^^

Also, I made a tumblr so that I can easily organize my Legacy story/pictures. If anyone wants to read what I have so far, the tumblr is here. :{D I don't expect followers or anything, I just want to use this mostly for my own personal organization. XD

I hear they just released/are releasing a new medieval one (my sister's bf works at best buy hurray discounts), but they werent really paying attention at all. I'm hoping to get some sims games on black friday which is my birthday, but chances of being out that day seem slim >.< (I live virtually in the middle of nowhere and dont have anyone to drive me to town)

Anywho, I actually don't really do Legacies. I don't just go around killing my Sims, but Legacies seem like way to much work (I'm not a very Ambitious person all the time :P)
    Hipsters, I tell ya.
    If I don't know who you are, don't be offended, but I can't keep up with all of these username changes.
    My Biggest Pet Peeve On Here: vming me and your profile is private! Pretty impossible to vm back, just so you are aware.

Quote Originally Posted by emogirl
    Anywho, I actually don't really do Legacies. I don't just go around killing my Sims, but Legacies seem like way to much work
    They're so much fun! I enjoy it all so much, especially with all the Sims I currently have and the family I have built. In the beginning you're kind of OMG WHY DID I DO THIS but after a bit you get used to it and feel so rewarded. My Sims gave birth to the fourth generation not long ago, hopefully I love them as much as I loved the third generation. Wheeeee.

Long live the Goths. Can I join. I play Sims 2 & Sims 2 Apartment Pets before in DS Lite. I play Sims 3 World Adventure and Sims 3 Ambitions for iOS. I tried to buy Sims 3 but it can't work in Mac Lion

Credits to master2738 for the userbar

[/SPOILER]

Heheh, I just bought Sims Medieval Pirates & Nobles, along with Generations and Pets for 3. Pets is pretty glitchy, and I've been trying to fix it, but I don't know how. ><
    Hipsters, I tell ya.

I would like to gain entrance to your social club, please. :P

Ohhh, I most definitely have a legacy. They are the Dawson family. I've had it going for quite some time now. I think I started way back in 2009, but then there was a long period of time where I didn't sim, and I've just recently gotten back into it. :3 I'm currently on generation seven. YEP PRETTY EXCITING STUFF. (Y) I hope I finish this one because I have never even gotten past generation three in any of my past legacies before, haha.

ALSO LONG LIVE THE GOTHS.
    Last edited by Valencia; 18th December 2011 at 6:00 PM.
    signature

downloaded the sims 1 and pranked called the police a lot and my person keep dieing*unlike the sims 3*

Quote Originally Posted by emogirl View Post
    Heheh, I just bought Sims Medieval Pirates & Nobles, along with Generations and Pets for 3. Pets is pretty glitchy, and I've been trying to fix it, but I don't know how. ><
    How is Medieval Pirates? It sounds like a cool idea, I'll probably never get it though.

Has anyone heard about Showtime? It was announced last month, I think. It's basically the Sims 3 version of Superstar. I think it looks really cool, especially the feature that allows for you to send your Sims to someone else's game. :3

OHMYGOSH THIS THREAD ALMOST DIED

I totally agree, B_A, Showtime looks really cool! Touring other people's towns is a neat idea, and I personally love the fact that you can apparently throw objects at the performers, such as lettuce haha :P Now I just have to decide whether to buy this or Pets when Showtime comes out... :s

Do you have a Legacy?

Why yes, yes I do! And unfortunately it's sort of stalling at the moment; my founder is Kal Iffonia ohohohohoho the nice, charismatic, athletic, computer whiz virtuoso. He joined the athletic career and is currently on level 5 or 6 iirc. He married Cornelia Goth, but the day after the wedding she aged into an elder :c Thankfully Cornelia had given birth to their first child whilst the two were still dating. The second generation heir, Carissa, is currently a child. Unfortunately, Mortimer Goth was not happy about her mother marrying Kal and asked Cornelia to break up with Kal just a day after their wedding, and she agreed, and despite the fact that Kal and Cornelia are still on rocky terms, they still live together, which is nice. Wooooo~

New topic time!

What expansion packs, if any, do you own?
    ...I don't own any, so this question is my way of gathering suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by zhanton View Post
    OHMYGOSH THIS THREAD ALMOST DIED

I totally agree, B_A, Showtime looks really cool! Touring other people's towns is a neat idea, and I personally love the fact that you can apparently throw objects at the performers, such as lettuce haha :P Now I just have to decide whether to buy this or Pets when Showtime comes out... :s

Do you have a Legacy?

Why yes, yes I do! And unfortunately it's sort of stalling at the moment; my founder is Kal Iffonia ohohohohoho the nice, charismatic, athletic, computer whiz virtuoso. He joined the athletic career and is currently on level 5 or 6 iirc. He married Cornelia Goth, but the day after the wedding she aged into an elder :c Thankfully Cornelia had given birth to their first child whilst the two were still dating. The second generation heir, Carissa, is currently a child. Unfortunately, Mortimer Goth was not happy about her mother marrying Kal and asked Cornelia to break up with Kal just a day after their wedding, and she agreed, and despite the fact that Kal and Cornelia are still on rocky terms, they still live together, which is nice. Wooooo~
    Ohhhh NOW I SEE WHY YOU KEPT REFERENCING SIMS ON PANEM ONLINE you see I hardly check my threads, so I did not see this post until now. XD

But aw, I love your Legacy, even if it's still in the beginning. :3 I'm on the sixth generation now, and the heir (Jason Majors) is a child currently. His sisters (Florence and Rose, who are twins) are about to be teenagers. I last played on Sunday, where I was redesigning the twins' room so when they age up, since their old room was full of kid toys and decor. XD

I have Generations, and I loooooove it. <3 It's such a fun EP, and totally worth it. I absolutely love things centered around family and making the life stages more fun, so it's very enjoyable for me. ^^

Also, the boarding school feature really came in handy. Violet, the sister of Poppy (my fifth generation heir), married a guy named Junior, and they had a son named Horace after moving out. For some reason, Horace never aged past a toddler, whoever both his parents did. After Junior died, I knew Violet would soon, so I had Horace move in with my family. He aged up twice, actually (he should have a third time into a YA to be where he was supposed to), but since he was a teen I sent him to the School of Peace and Love. (Y)

SO YEAH long story short Generations is awesome. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Buraddo_Aipom View Post
    I got no expansion packs

LONG LIVE THE GOTHS!!!!!!!

Now that I got that out of my system, I'd like to join. I'm a fan of the sims, and my favorite is Sims Medieval.

I started a quest for a legendary trait on Sims Medieval. I wish I could use my monarch on that quest, I seriously need to ditch his fatal flaw, gluttony. It's probably the most annoying fatal flaw in the game. I have to spend like 75% of the game feeding him.
    Pokemon isn't real, I'm sorry

Killing people you don't like....