Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who, What, When, Where, Wynaut? (390)

I just seen this great epsiode. And it was so awesome. The Wyanut were so cute! ^^ And when Drew and May worked together to get the Lychee berries back...totally awesome! And they seem to get a little more friendier to each other. ^.^ But anyway, and of course Ash and Pikachu was great. XD

So I give this 10/10
    goodbye~

this was good. There were alot of pacifidlog references which made got me frustrated that they're not airing it. Drew's voice kinda annoyed me occasionally. The episode was good. May has an interesting definiton of having fun with the wynaut. I believe cybercubed had a sig about that as well if you catch my drift. One minor thing noted May called her pokedex dexdette. Also Roselia is only a little over 1/2 Drew's height in this episode.     Spoiler:

Same thing as May's Pokemon: Age.

The longer he's had Roselia, the bigger it is. Compare Ash's Bulbasaur to May's.
    Last edited by V Faction; 4th February 2006 at 4:48 PM.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Drew barely played a role in this episode, sadly. Brock could've taken his place easily. Still, he's a cool character, and an episode with him that doesn't involve Contests is cool.

Speaking of which, considering the lengths KidsWB! is going to to avoid the 5th Contest, why don't they remove the abundant references to May's next Contest? At first, I thought that some of the less intelligent viewers wouldn't notice the skipping of the Pacifidlog Contest, but with remarks about it popping up left and right, I expect a lot of people are going to realize that something's amiss.

Epsiode about Mirage Island is an instant win IMO .

The Wynaut were cute, but the little Wynaut party struck me as odd. Not the Wynauts themselves, because the Dex says they do that, but May's invite. She seemed honored by the invitation, like the Wynauts could give her no greater a gift 0_o. Interacting with wild Pokémon is certainly a treat for most Trainers, but being that pleased about it is just strange.

Masquerain's voice was adorable, as always. They reused the same Silver Wind scene a lot, however.

Leichi Berries look cool in the animé, and I liked the various reactions to them by the characters.

Wobbuffet balloon, eh? Never saw why Team Rocket used it in the first place, but I'm glad they did

Jessie's reaction to Wobbuffet, though far from being as poignant as James's devotion to his Pokémon, was still rather nice to watch. It's good to see she has a bit of human affection in her.

Meowth's cannon was kept. I expected it would be, but after the 5th Contest news, I wasn't sure how KidsWB! would react to it....Meh, still looked great.

The animation in this episode was pretty good. It's nothing compared to Showdown at Linoone, but it was still great, especially in certain scenes.

Roderick was a cool character, and pretty unexpected.

TR was smart about the Leichis. They are extremely rare, so selling them would get them loads of money.

Overall rating:
    9.2 out of 10
    Perhaps Showdown at Linoone just got me excited, but this episode fell a bit short of my expectations. It was still a god May/Drew-centric episode, though, and a quality Hoenn episode.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion

"Wynaut episode"

This was the better of the two episodes, and a nice set-up episode for the Grand Festival. We haven't seen Drew in awhile, and it was nice to see him have an adventure with May.

Just what WAS May doing with those Wynaut anyway? Looks like they were all rubbing their bodies together and enjoying themselves. :sweat:

Jessie's concern for Wobbufett was amusing to say the least. Meowth gets a super laser gun from nowhere, and May plays the damsel of distress at the end.

Some of Drew's lines in this episode really made me laugh, such as "You don't get out much do you?" and "We'll see about that next time I beat ya."

Drew is the only person who can make a Roselia look good with him. Sheesh, I can't imagine any other male character prancing around with a Roselia as their lead Pokemon....except maybe James and Harley...but the list begins and ends with them.

So, it was six weeks before the grand festival, and the Pacifidlog Contest was the last one before the big competition. So, if May didn't win the pacifidlog contest, she wouldn't have been able to be in the festival? I thought there would be other contests at least. Anyways, it was nice to see Drew again. I liked the different animation they gave to his Masquerain's Silver Wind. I especially liked the May-Drew interaction. Drew seemed to be enjoying himself with May a little bit. Animation for roselia's attacks was awesome, and the double silver wind combo at the end was excellent as well.

Speaking of which, considering the lengths KidsWB
    Kids WB probally didnt pay attention. 4kids had dubbed everything before kids wb decided to not air the contests. So kids WB couldnt do much unless they wanted to pay more money for 4 kids to redub a majority of the episode.

What a great episode (in fact, one of the best of this season)

I am so happy I got a chance to see Drew again (since the last time we saw him was in Crusin' for a Losin'). I've always said that May and Drew belong together (yes I'm a contestshipper, deal with it). And also very nice to hear them talking a lot about the Pacifidlog contest (seeing as though here in the U.S. we'll be seeing the Grand Festival episodes before any of that). >_>

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

I was rather surprized that they got the names of Mirage Island and the Liechi berry right... considering how obscure and rarely found they are in the pokemon games...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Ah...nothing better to wipe out the bad aftertaste of "Showdown at Linoone" than with the fabled "Wynaut orgy" episode. Really, this is one of the better fillers of the series. We get some interesting character interaction, decent exposure to a Pokemon that has been MIA for quite some time, and some nice game relevance. I must say, though, Roderick's voice was absolutely terrible. Maybe the pirate voice would be suitable for the younger self, but for the old geezer? Hell no. (To be honest, though, I thought he was a woman from looking at the screencaps, heh)

If May wanted to succeed at the Grand Festival, though, she should have just let Drew drown. Or save his ribbon case, anyways. ^_^
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

LOL, May should have swiped a ribbon out of his case when he was unconcious!

Wait. Remember when May identified the wynaut with her pokedex, did she say," Let's see what dextette has to say, " because I know the new pokedex Ash and May got have a female's voice, but they gave it a name too? From Dexter to Dextette? I really think I heard something that sounded like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Champion Jared 14
    Wait. Remember when May identified the wynaut with her pokedex, did she say," Let's see what dextette has to say, " because I know the new pokedex Ash and May got have a female's voice, but they gave it a name too? From Dexter to Dextette? I really think I heard something that sounded like that.
    Yeah, they gave it that name. -_- I don't personally mind myself, but meh.

Anyway, yeah. This episode had Contestshipping written all over it. Well, I didn't really see any sort of shipping in the Pokemon anime for a while, so it's almost refreshing.

Strange how at the end that Roderick gave May a bunch of those berries, but he didn't give Drew a single one. O_o

Well, 7/10.

I found it really really dumb how Rodrick was supposedly able to go back to the city and visit Mirage island anytime... I thought he was actually shipwrecked there!

and his nickname from "Rodrick the Rapscallion (or something else)" to "Rodrick the Kindly Gentleman". o_O;

WTF?

LOL, May should have swiped a ribbon out of his case when he was unconcious!
    and that's why May doesn't need to go to the next contest anymore!
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

I liked this one of the two better.

It was nice to see Drew in a non contest episode     Spoiler:

I think this is the first time the twerps entered the Magikarp Sub.

Meowth: I should just tell them its a Wynaut, but why?

Yes it was a random pun out of plenty this episode had but I still lol'd at it, also lol'd at TR thinking it was Wobuffet.

Silver Wind Combinations are very beautiful. I enjoyed the many we got in this episode.

... Very interesting way May and her Pokemon played with the Wynaut...

I must say, the way TR blasted off was Magnificent! It was cool seeing the balloon spinning like that. I feel like rewinding my tape and watch it again, it was so great.

Rats! My tape cut off right before the final segment, better adjust my VCR's clock. Missed nothing I'll bet, just Drew wishing May luck in the contest probably.
    Last edited by Thriller; 5th February 2006 at 3:07 AM.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

This was a good episode, i enjoyed it. I just love how they talked about the Pacifidlog Contest so much. I was like yeah but we wont get to see it cause they are such losers. I'm kind of annoyed they put Jynx in the anime again since now we miss important episodes. I still dont get why they banned the Donphan ep, they are so weird. Anyway, i liked Masquerain's Silver Wind a lot better than Beautifly's. Roselia's Petal Dance looked good. The funniest part was Drew sliding down the Wynaut rope, bet that felt interesting. The Wynaut were cute, weird what they did in their little 'party' with May and he pokemon.. The dexette thing was neat. I wasnt sure i heard it right since my neice and nephew were being loud at the time. Im glad it goes back to a guy voice in BF.

Fan of #336 Seviper the Fang Snake Pokemon
    Seviper's sword-like tail slashes enemies and douses them with a horrible poison.
    Seviper shares a life-long, bitter rivalry with Zangoose.
    Evo Line: Seviper
    Fave moveset: Poison Tail, Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower

Banner by me ~RT

Quote Originally Posted by Kamex

Anyway, yeah. This episode had Contestshipping written all over it. Well, I didn't really see any sort of shipping in the Pokemon anime for a while, so it's almost refreshing.
    I really don't see why people claim this episode is shippy. I know people get giddy over May holding Drew in the water, but there was nothing really convincing in the whole episode.

There *was* a bit, cybercubed.

Sweet episode, I was waiting for the part with May and the Wynauts, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by RaikousThunder
    The funniest part was Drew sliding down the Wynaut rope, bet that felt interesting.
    Wynaut: *raises its head*
    *whomp*
    Drew: You bastaaaaaaard...

Owwwwie.
    Fic plugs: Taking a Chance (multi-chaptered, Contestshipping/Pokeshipping)
    Firelight (Christmas oneshot, Contestshipping)

I adopted Drew Plushie from Ama's Collection

^ Adopted by moi. Innit CUUUTE?

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Jo
    Wynaut: *raises its head*
    *whomp*
    Drew: You bastaaaaaaard...

Owwwwie.
    Lol, yeah, I expected him to do something like walk down them like stairs, but slide? Oh, man, I giggled like a giddy school girl.

Drew was much more tolerable in this episode from my perspective. He's kind of grown on me. >_<;; Before I couldn't stand the twit. I really enjoyed this episode and it made me wish more filler episodes were like this. I get so tired of the filler characters taking the spotlight away from the characters we actually care about.

I'm surprised Drew didn't speak up when the old man gave May all the berries. I'm only guessing maybe he did that because Drew won't be entering any contests for a while and May will? Well, would, if we got to see the episodes... Curse the WB.

I didn't understand the contestshipping part of it... Was this actually considered contestshippy? Sure, maybe a bit one-sided from Drew, the way he stared at May, I guess you could say... If you wanted to get into it. I don't see why everyone would be squealing about May saving him, I mean, what was she supposed to do?

May: I can't touch you, you have cooties! *lets him drown*

It was nice to see the female save the male though. May must be taking a page out of Ash's book.

My guess with the wynaut scene in the cave is...they were all using tickle attack? O_o;

An excellent episode in my opinion!

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

http://www.auraguardians.net/

NOTE: The site is not up yet so the link will not work.

Quote Originally Posted by RaikousThunder
    I just love how they talked about the Pacifidlog Contest so much. I was like yeah but we wont get to see it cause they are such losers.

That's exactly what I thought too. This was such a great episode. It actually had a great plot aside from the usual stuff we get.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    I really don't see why people claim this episode is shippy. I know people get giddy over May holding Drew in the water, but there was nothing really convincing in the whole episode.
    It's about as shippy as Pokemon tends to get. O_o You don't seriously think there was nothing going on in the writers' minds, do you? It became shippy as soon as May and Drew were seperated together. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Raevell
    I didn't understand the contestshipping part of it... Was this actually considered contestshippy? Sure, maybe a bit one-sided from Drew, the way he stared at May, I guess you could say... If you wanted to get into it. I don't see why everyone would be squealing about May saving him, I mean, what was she supposed to do?

May: I can't touch you, you have cooties! *lets him drown*
    The reason the writers would even add that scene was for the Contestshipping. Well, that and the 'competitive friendship' they want kindling between the two coordinators.

I loved this episode! It was one of the best in Hoenn. I just can't understand something...If They were all strandded on Mirage island...where did Rocketto-Dan get the balloon? =/ Do they have like 20 of them stuffed in the Koiking submarine?

Anyway Haruka's little..."play session" was interesting and of course Pikachuu had to be a glory hog and Thunderbolt away...>_> I swear if Pikachuu wasn't there it would have been perfect time for Agehunt and Wakashamo to shine...
    Watch out kids...He's coming for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Raevell
    My guess with the wynaut scene in the cave is...they were all using tickle attack? O_o;
    Nope, the pokedex entry in one of the games says Wynaut greet and socialize by rubbing and bumping their rubbery bodies against each other. Thus was set up one of the most suggestive scenes in pokemon. ^_^

One has to wonder what was going on in Drew's mind during the Wynaut "party." He obviously didn't want to be part of it, I loved how uncomfortable he looked when the Wynaut invited him, but seemed happy enough to watch... *wink*

Also I say that May got the berries because she's the less experienced of the two and needed them more.

*Prays the contest episodes will at least be on the DVD release*

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast