Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Salamence Vs. Dragonite

Default Salamence Vs. Dragonite

Simple enough. Discuss which of the 2 you like more. Salamence, or Dragonite. I say Salamence, because after one KO, while running Moxie, it can destroy about anything. What's your opinion?
    Wild Vanillite appeared!
    Go! Lickitung!
    Lickitung used Lick!
    Lickitung: Yummy Ice Cream!
    Vanillite: HOW DARE U TAKE A LICK OUT OF ME!
    Vanillite used Blizzard!
    Lickitung fainted!

White FC: 2236 9830 4301

I know popular opinion is different but I like Salamence better. All too often I see Dragonite take a hit of Stealth Rocks, or even sandstorm and lose its godly defenses. Salamence is also more difficult to revenge kill due to the speed difference and its overall more capable of working a mixed set due to speed and attacking stats.

Personal opinion though.

well personally, if yur dragonite has taken no damage, then dragonite is clearly the winner. but, salamence is more powerful and is faster, so if dragonite even lost a bit of hp from sandstorm, one outrage, maybe dragon rush or dragon claw, could end it.
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613

Credit to Astral Shadow

Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

Even though it seems to me like Dragonite should be better, Salamence always seems to be a much more difficult opponent - however my first ever trained pokemon was a Dragonite so I'll always be biased...
    Shrew; leader of the pack.
    If anyone has a Celebi up for trade in Gen V, message me!

That is tough. I personally like Salamances design better than dragonites. But salamance is more fragile than dragonite. plus dragonite's new ability reduces the first hits power in half. So a one on one competion between the two. dragonite wins
    Sakuma

Ya, I'm a Christian. Is that a problem? I dropped the whole evolution thing becuase of the harasment and very obnoxious evolutionists that think being children will help them through life. Harsh right?

I actually prefer Dragonite. Dx Reason being, if I have it in a team, I normally like to make sure I've spinned away SR so that it doesn't take any damage. That way it can keep it's brilliant new ability. =D I also just prefer the extra bulk.

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/24ni8gz.png[/IMG]
    Dracaena - Giovanni Rank

0647 - 8370 - 0522

OSL GYM LEADER # 8 - FLYING

This is rather situational...I would say dnite just cuz if you're going to use one you'd better have some kind of spinner on your team anyways.

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

Tough Desision but I'll say Dragonite. Salamence is awesome but dragonite gets Multiscale so it can set up with DD. Also, I think that Salamence also takes SR damage although I could be wrong.

Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

Salamence FTW. They are both very good pokemon but I prefer salamence because its faster and hits harder.
    Friend Code:
    Pokemon Trainer Cloud
    2406 5173 7383

I have Mastered Metagross

They're very different pokemon now, so its kinda difficult to compare them anymore. Dragonite generally fulfills roles nowadays as bulky sweeper, tank, and wall (parashuffler set), whats more it has extremespeed and the ability to abuse weather to give it even more unique capabilities. Salamence is a better choice for outright offense, with superior offensive stats in every category. Intimidate allows it to check certain threats that Dragonite cannot. Once Moxie Outrage Salamence is released, I don't think this will be an argument at all, as Salamence would now rival Rayquaza.

Quote Originally Posted by lucario44444444 View Post
    They're very different pokemon now, so its kinda difficult to compare them anymore.
    This.

Both are very good, and both fill very different roles. Dragonite is usually a tank or a wall, while Salamence tends to be a mixed sweeper.

Personally I like Salamence more, just because I think he looks way more badass, but Dragonite can be a real pain in the *** to take out if you don't have rocks up before it comes in.

i choose salamence because of it intimidate saving me a bunch of times

3DS FC: 0130-1892-7047
    I'm Peng \( ゚◡゚)/

Quote Originally Posted by poopoop View Post
    i choose salamence because of it intimidate saving me a bunch of times
    This reason pretty much. I would much rather survive something I may have lost to if I had not had Intimidate for an ability.
    I mod the Smogon Forums. Feel free to ask me any questions!

Intimidate was always a nice toy for Salamence. MultiSlcale is a neat one for Dragonite too. When it comes to abilities, I still find the former of the two better. Salamence 1, Dragonite, 0.

Their movepools practically mirrior one and other, except Dragonite has access to Focus Punch and Thunder Wave. Salamence 1, Dargaonite 1.

Design-wise, Salamence has always been kickass. Dragonite just looks like a lumbering giant with little wings. Salamence 2, Dargonite 1.

Salamence is more of a lightweight, hitting harder, but takes unboosted Physical hits pretty well, while Dragonite is much slower, but holds more bulk, allowing it to live longer, hit, Roost, and repeat the process. Salamence 2, Dragonite 2.

The tie-breaker. Counters. Because Salamence does get intimidate, Weavile, Mammoswine, and other Pokemon weilding Physical Attacks that Salamence is weak to become slightly lesser of threats. Dragonite will take 50% reduced damage after the first hit, but after that, is hooped. Salamence 3, Dragonite 2.

They're both excelent Pokemon inside and outside the Metagame.

I say salamence because if u have rocks up against dnite its easier to kill

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemazter3001 View Post
    Intimidate was always a nice toy for Salamence. MultiSlcale is a neat one for Dragonite too. When it comes to abilities, I still find the former of the two better. Salamence 1, Dragonite, 0.
    Totally situational, with roost and dragon dance you can use multi-scale pretty effectively, even with indimidate Salamence has bad defences.

Their movepools practically mirrior one and other, except Dragonite has access to Focus Punch and Thunder Wave. Salamence 1, Dargaonite 1.

Design-wise, Salamence has always been kickass. Dragonite just looks like a lumbering giant with little wings. Salamence 2, Dargonite 1.
    That's just your opinion.

Salamence is more of a lightweight, hitting harder, but takes unboosted Physical hits pretty well, while Dragonite is much slower, but holds more bulk, allowing it to live longer, hit, Roost, and repeat the process. Salamence 2, Dragonite 2.

The tie-breaker. Counters. Because Salamence does get intimidate, Weavile, Mammoswine, and other Pokemon weilding Physical Attacks that Salamence is weak to become slightly lesser of threats. Dragonite will take 50% reduced damage after the first hit, but after that, is hooped. Salamence 3, Dragonite 2.Even with intimidate those pokemon 1hko Salamence meanwhile Dragonite can survive the hit and attack em.

They're both excelent Pokemon inside and outside the Metagame.
    agreed

Answers in bold
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/2hgad5k.jpg[/IMG]

I like Dragonite Because he looks insanely retarded. As Underwhelming as Barney the dinosaur, But then he DDances on your *** and F*CKING KILLS YOU.
    Salamance is weak as f*ck anyway. I could OHKO him with Absorb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    What was that Regarde. I couldn't hear you with all of that dick in your mouth.

^Greatest Cosplay Evar^

Dragonite. By a long way.

Just make sure you have a spinner on your team
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

I prefer dragonite over Salamance because it's cute, strong and bulky, especially with multiscale.
    I claim Larvitar!

Dragonite. It has incredible offenses if you stay weary of stealth rocks, etc, it can be an incredible pokemon. Its attack & sp attack offenses give a wider variety of moves than salamence which is attack based.
    black FC:
    heartgold FC: 4169 6154 2657
    [IMG]http://oi55.*******.com/90398i.jpg[/IMG]
    Cred to Bug Pro

This isn't 4th gen. They do mostly different things now. Salamence runs either mixed sets or DD sets. Dragonite can run mixed sets, although not as well. It mostly runs bulky DD sets, and it usually turns out better than Salamence. This is like comparing apples and tomatos.

Credit to Blue Harvest for the amazing banner.

Dragonite because of how surprisingly cuddly it looks for a dragon. Plus Multiscale is cool. Salamence is still one of my favorites too.... just not as favorite as Dragonite.
    A Remnant of the Battling Academy:
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/200s1s4.gif[/IMG]

My Current Team:

D-Nite, easily. It can survive dragon pulses and ice beams thanks to multiscale allowing it to almost always get a D-Dance, letting it set up and KO on an ice type (especially with extremespeed) also making it a better late game cleaner for set up potential or taking a hit. All salamence has is intimidate which still only makes physical attacks 1.5 times weaker as opposed to multiscales half damage on all attacks. So D-nite, easily.
    Rate my UU Team
    NOWZ!!!!!
    The Fallen

The Forbidden Empires are open!!!

(Click on the banner for a link)

Clan Chat

i'd say D-Nite, Multiscale/Roost and it can easily overcome Mence

Roflol, what with sandstorm being insanely common and rapid spin not always working due to ghosts nite can be unreliable. Also if you haven't got rapid spin done nite fails when you need it. I just find yachemence more reliable.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast