Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Salamence Vs. Dragonite

Quote Originally Posted by throwmeapeanut View Post
    imo salamence looks pretty awful, like an angry teenage kid or something. not to mention its under 5ft tall if i remember right...

after a ddance there both outspeeding most things any way, except nite doesnt die to priority/scarfs as easy thanks to its ability+extreme speed. nite can also cripple fast switch ins with t-wave and not get crippled by a priority encore after a dance. not to say salamence isnt a beast, just nite has so many options he can pull off.

plus, nite is the OG. cant touch that
    extremespeed wont kill every pokemon that can outspeed dnite(and the list is quite long) and if you get a DD then youre somewhat likely to have taken some damage since it takes one turn for dnite to use it and all your oponent needs is to take 1hp to ruin your ability
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Dragonite gets Fire Blast too. Besides, +1 Dragonite OHKOs Ferrothorn with Fire Punch anyways.
    .....u sure?cos im pretty sure ferro can live:S

IMO mence is better as a sweeper and as wallbreaker while dnite can take better advantage of its bulk and its ability and work as a bulky attacker or as supporter or whatever
    though bulky mence is also great and it has also a great movepool for the supporter role and dnite can be very destructive with a choice band or as a mixed attacker
    so there you have it they both have their strengths but they can do whatever the other can(even if not as 100% effectively but very close to it)

ALSO the only thing dnite has that mence doesnt is 2 awesome pre-evos<3
    "Tch"-Levi Ackerman

personally salamence is my single favorite pokemon
    however i know that Dragonite is a fierce competitor due is extreme bulk and impressive moverpool

Although its a tough choice, I'd have to say Salamence. It boosts higher offenses and speed.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

Tough choice,I like both of them but I would say I prefer Dragonite,because it's my favorite and make's for a fierce OU tier poke'mon.However Salamance has higher attack and speed but less bulk,it's really a tough choice competitively speaking otherwise my choice is Dragonite.

I am the leader of the pok'emon clan known as the fullbringer's. If you're interested in joining my clan or warring with us please pm me and I will reply as soon as possible.

I'll say Salamence. It's a better sweeper with it's higher speed and special attack, and not to mention it has a better design. I think Salamence is particularly good at running mix attack sets. If it's just one on one though, a bulky Dragonite would win for sure. On the first turn Salamence uses Outrage or Draco Meteor, Dragonite uses Dragon Dance. Second turn Dragonite uses Outrage and 1 hit KO's Salamence. Multiscale is just that good (especially with roost). However, if it's an offensive Dragonite thats running Adamant/Jolly with EV's in attack and speed, Salamence would 1 hit KO Dragonite with Outrage if Mence has a choice band or life orb (so long as D-nite doesn't strike first with choice scarf). Based on my calaculations anyway. I guess it depends on what role you value more, a bulky PKMN, or a sweeper.

I'd have to go with Dragonite, multiscale or not Dragonite has better defences and a higher move pool, that and if dragonite were to go head-to-head against Salamence... Ice punch.
    The one with the Rock/Ground types, the Black Flamberge and the tamer of Dragons, of violet and white eye and one arm of flesh. A clash of Technology, magic and the heart. Necro, of past not evn known to himself, but destiny as great as any.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I never really seem to have a problem with either, mostly because half of my team knows Ice Punch, and another guy knows Ice Beam. Between the two, though, I think Multiscale Dragonite is my preference.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede
    Originally posted by razorrozar7
    Jesus said, "Love thy neighbor." He didn't say, "Love thy neighbor as long as they are straight, white, Christian, morally responsible individuals."
    Officially claimed Aht from Radiant Historia.

Grammar: It's the difference between knowing your sh*t, and knowing you're sh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin13 View Post
    personally salamence is my single favorite pokemon
    however i know that Dragonite is a fierce competitor due is extreme bulk and impressive moverpool
    Thanks for the bump.

Also why was this topic even approved.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234