Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Salamence Vs. Dragonite

Quote Originally Posted by 11tjcoulombe View Post
    although, if it's gotten a dragon dance in, your opponent might not having anything to outspeed it.
    In that case, it would come down to either a powerful priority user (i.e. Mamoswine, Scizor) or a good Scarfer (i.e. Terrakion). If you're opponent doesn't have anything that can outspeed or take a hit from a +1/+1 Salamence, then you're probably going to sweep with or without the Moxie boost.

True, very true. I run intimidate to do just that.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

either way, Mamoswine's Ice Shard ohko's regardless of ability

I really like both, but I prefer Salamence, although they both have their own powers in battle.

I prefer Dragonite as it can sweep after getting a single DD with Multiscale with Dragon Claw/EQ/Fire Punch.

Dragonite. Tank can run basically anything.

Pokemon X Round 2

Choice band dragonite is pretty beast with extemespeed.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Salamence for sure. True, multiscale is a good ability but i have never had it work for me were as moxie inhences salamences detructive power. Again, salamence is more frail but has more HP, attack, Special attack, and speed, perentage wise salamence is superior

It depends.

Does your opponent have rocks up? (Yes he does)
    Then Salamence is better at everything but Choice Band. Higher attack, speed, and special attack. Mixmence is still an increadibly powerfull wallbreaker, nothing likes to switch into any of its moves. Dragonites good though with a CB or Bulky DD set, since Extreme speed and Multiscale remedy its speed and give it bulk. However, if you dont have a spinner, dont run Dragonite unlesss for the CB set.
    Yup I'm that guy

I hope this answers your question.

Can be a Dragon Dance Sweeper?
    Dragonite 1 - 1 Salamence

Weather abuser?
    Dragonite (rain) 2 - 2 Salamence (sun)

Bulky sweeper?
    Dragonite 3 - 2.5 Salamence (has Intimidate, but low defenses and HP)

wall/annoyer/phazing/shuffling?
    Dragonite (as a parashuffling, t-wave, max bulk, multiscale, dragon tail, substitute) 4 - 2.5 Salamence

I'd have to go with Dragonite. It doesn't have Intimidate, but Marvel Scale work well, it doesn't have as much Atk, but it's bulky in Def, and it also it a bit slower, but that's nothing a Choice Scarf can't help with. It has a great movepool too. Also, I'm pretty sure that more people like Dragonite, and people should fight with their favorites. I do ^^

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Farfan View Post

Weather abuser?

Bulky sweeper?

Dragonite (as a parashuffling, t-wave, max bulk, multiscale, dragon tail, substitute) 4 - 2.5 Salamence
    Best. Link. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I call hax, type some random racial slur all in caps, then ragequit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I wish I was joking, but based off all the naked fights in my front lawn I do pretty well assuming the person isn't trying to kill me.

i vote for salamance

Multinite is the bomb. 'Nuff said.

if you have some free time, check out my new demo! ~ last.fm ~ steam

I'm kinda both, but probably Dragonite...or Salamence...Can't Decide! >.<

Salamence is more offensive while Dragonite is the best all-around Dragon with a Flying move that's actually good, Hurricane. Dragonite's also the only Dragon that has Multiscale, which makes him the only Dragon type with at least a ghost of a chance to survive Latios' Specs-powered Draco Meteor under certain conditions, AND Extremespeed. Guess who finally got over the inferiority complex he had in 4th gen. Now you all are making me want to re-train my Multiscale Dragonite and post some useable movesets for him on here, but his movepool is too vast for me to do a great analysis. Sigh.

I generally prefer Dragonite better due to the fact that it can sometimes save you from serious situations with its Multiscale ability. It can counter Sun teams nicely and with Multiscale 1 DD is guaranteed which means that at least you can dent one opponent with Extremespeed before going down.

Dragonite and Salamence have always been tough competition with eachother until THIS generation, where Dragonite has finally set itself apart from Salamence. Say what you want, Dragonite is not supposed to fulfill the same role as Salamence. The two should not even be considered in competition for the same role.

Salamence is a fierce sweeper, he has great abilities suited for harsh combat and has the power and speed to back it up, no doubt. The usefulness of his DW ability is a little questionable, seeing as Salamence isn't going to survive too many priority hits, no matter how fast he is, but Intimidate and Moxie are both brilliant moves for a sweeper. Which is why it's hard to say he's competing with Dragonite for the "better" role.

Dragonite is a bulky Pokemon by nature, and now, by ability. Multiscale is there to let him take a hit and Roost/Leftover the damage away, while pounding back with attacks of his own, and even Inner Focus lets him muscle his way past leads like Ambipom and Purugly, shrugging off Fake Out. Another way he sets himself apart from his cousin is that Dragonite's attack stats and movepool make him an incredibly versatile Pokemon. He can do DDances, mixed sets, and Special sets with no problem whatsoever, and has an amazing movepool that gives him the ability to send off his own Ice Beams and devastating Thunder and Hurricane attacks with 100% accuracy in the rain.

To say that one is better than the other really neglects the value you can find in both of these guys. Gotta give both of them the love they deserve! ^^
    Host of The Underground Radio: A Pokemon Podcast
    Bringing you all of the very best Pokemon news and views this side of Twist Mountain!
    Check us out on iTunes or at our website, and give your Radio Rotom what it wants!

Both are incredibly similar, but it really comes down to sweeper or bulky offensive?
    I for one like sweeper. Salamance is one of the deadliest pokemon in the game, while Dragonite is mostly used for Multiscale. Without it, it would be pretty outclassed.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Salamence is good for a Mixed Sweepers in Metagame
    Dragonite is very good for a Physical Sweepers.

But when they faced a Steel Pokes like Scizor or Ferrothorn, Dragonite win the match.
    While D-Nite has Multiscale and Mence has Moxie, so D-Nite win.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Weather abuser?

Bulky sweeper?

True and that link made my day!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    Salamence is good for a Mixed Sweepers in Metagame
    Dragonite is very good for a Physical Sweepers.

But when they faced a Steel Pokes like Scizor or Ferrothorn, Dragonite win the match.
    While D-Nite has Multiscale and Mence has Moxie, so salamence win.
    fixed it cause Mence has fire blast which would OHKO ferrothorn which d-nite couldnt unless a crit.
    † I am a Christian, and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    Quote Originally Posted by djhappy View Post
    I watch you while you're sleeping.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    0__0

imo salamence looks pretty awful, like an angry teenage kid or something. not to mention its under 5ft tall if i remember right...

after a ddance there both outspeeding most things any way, except nite doesnt die to priority/scarfs as easy thanks to its ability+extreme speed. nite can also cripple fast switch ins with t-wave and not get crippled by a priority encore after a dance. not to say salamence isnt a beast, just nite has so many options he can pull off.

plus, nite is the OG. cant touch that

Quote Originally Posted by lucarioisawesome View Post
    fixed it cause Mence has fire blast which would OHKO ferrothorn which d-nite couldnt unless a crit.
    Dragonite gets Fire Blast too. Besides, +1 Dragonite OHKOs Ferrothorn with Fire Punch anyways.

Weather abuser?

Bulky sweeper?

Spoiler:- To Be Fair:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast