Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dusty sands

Default Dusty sands

could not think of a name but whatever anyway after about 100 times making sand teams they always failed but now i have made a team which has been winning over and over

here is my team

Jellicent (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Toxic
    - Scald
    - Recover
    - Attract

i picked jellicent because i need a pokemon to stop water pokemon and i picked attract to stall some pokemon while i heal and combined with toxic it becomes unbeatable unless a crit hits me or a pokemon sets up but with the 50% chance of not attacking me thanks to attract i have no need to worry i picked scald for those steel types because toxic does not work on them so hopefully they will burn (i don't really have a lead pokemon)

Scizor (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Superpower
    - Bug Bite
    - Bullet Punch

scizor is a strong sweeper even when it has not used sword dance he is a major part of my team because he helps my team kill grass types by useing bugbite if he sets up swprd dance i can ko pokemon with bullet punch as you can see i have gave sp def 16 evds to help me survive a hit or so

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Scald
    - Slack Off
    - Flamethrower
    - Psychic

another water pokemon to the team but with it's great typeing and it's dw abilty this pokemon can kill fighting types and steel types easy while also stalling them with slowbro i have covered my fighting weakness on my team

Excadrill (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Sand Rush
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
    - Brick Break
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - X-Scissor

excadrill is my main sweeper if scizor is ko if i have sand set up i can still kill those grass pokemon with x scissors also i can kill ferrothron with brickbreak and jirachi with earthquake i picked choice band over life orb to give me abit more power to ko pokes

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Ice Fang
    - Earthquake
    - Substitute
    - Protect

another great staller to the team who can become really annoying gliscor helps me pp stall and kill fighting types like breloom and jirachi he also helps me get rid of other gliscors also if im lucky i may freeze them with ice fang :P

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - ThunderPunch
    - Earthquake
    - Pursuit
    - Ice Punch

tyranitar is my main pokemon in the team since he causes the sand i picked choice scarf to help me ko a few slow pokemon like breloom and glicor also to get rid of other sand teams he also kills latios and latios with pursuit i picked thunder punch to beat some flying pokemon and i picked ice punch to get rid of dragons and grass types

Threat list
    quagsire
    gengar
    other sand teams
    celebi
    stall teams
    and other stuff
    Last edited by Naoto Shirogane; 16th August 2011 at 2:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rairyan View Post
    could not think of a name but whatever anyway after about 100 times making sand teams they always failed but now i have made a team which has been winning over and over

here is my team

- Toxic
    - Scald
    - Recover
    - Attract

i picked jellicent because i need a pokemon to stop water pokemon and i picked attract to stall some pokemon while i heal and combined with toxic it becomes unbeatable unless a crit hits me or a pokemon sets up but with the 50% chance of not attacking me thanks to attract i have no need to worry i picked scald for those steel types because toxic does not work on them so hopefully they will burn (i don't really have a lead pokemon)

Scizor (F) @ Leftovers
    - Swords Dance
    - Superpower
    - Bug Bite
    - Bullet Punch

scizor is a strong sweeper even when it has not used sword dance he is a major part of my team because he helps my team kill grass types by useing bugbite if he sets up swprd dance i can ko pokemon with bullet punch as you can see i have gave sp def 16 evds to help me survive a hit or so

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Scald
    - Slack Off
    - Flamethrower
    - Psychic

another water pokemon to the team but with it's great typeing and it's dw abilty this pokemon can kill fighting types and steel types easy while also stalling them with slowbro i have covered my fighting weakness on my team

Excadrill (M) @ Choice Band
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
    - Brick Break
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - X-Scissor

excadrill is my main sweeper if scizor is ko if i have sand set up i can still kill those grass pokemon with x scissors also i can kill ferrothron with brickbreak and jirachi with earthquake i picked choice band over life orb to give me abit more power to ko pokes

Gliscor (M) @ Air Balloon
    - Ice Fang
    - Earthquake
    - Substitute
    - Protect

another great staller to the team who can become really annoying gliscor helps me pp stall and kill fighting types like breloom and jirachi he also helps me get rid of other gliscors also if im lucky i may freeze them with ice fang :P

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Specs
    - ThunderPunch
    - Earthquake
    - Pursuit
    - Ice Punch

tyranitar is my main pokemon in the team since he causes the sand i picked choice scarf to help me ko a few slow pokemon like breloom and glicor also to get rid of other sand teams he also kills latios and latios with pursuit i picked thunder punch to beat some flying pokemon and i picked ice punch to get rid of dragons and grass types

Threat list
    quagsire
    gengar
    other sand teams
    celebi
    stall teams
    and other stuff
    good team
    changes in bold

really looks good, maybe you can try pursuit instead of superpower on scizor? since a lot of things will be running, it is the perfect move, plus it gets technician boost

why give gliscor an air balloon? its already flying

why give tyranitar specs when its physical attacker?

scizor needs the power from life orb

^(gotten from rayquaza is green)^

Quote Originally Posted by theebay707 View Post
    good team
    changes in bold
    why would i need air balloon on gliscor if i can't be hit my EQ also choice scarf is way better

why would i need air balloon on gliscor if i can't be hit my EQ also choice scarf is way better
    thats what i just said...

but maybe you can go mixed with tyranitar?

here is my team

- Toxic
    - Scald
    - Recover
    - Attract

Looks perfect!

Scizor (F) @ Life Orb
    - Omnious Wind
    - Superpower
    - Metronome
    - Flash Cannon

metronome to surprise ur opponent, omnious wind for tech boost and flash cannon for a stonger stab

Excadrill (M) @ Flame Orb
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
    Timid Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Brick Break
    - Skull Bash
    - Rock Slide
    - Hidden Power ice
    Skullbash rases ur defence and flame orb to avoid para and HP Ice to surprice gliscor with a 5hk0

Gliscor (M) @ Sticky Barb
    - Ice Fang
    - ancient power
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Snore

Sticky barb to make ur opponent think ur emo and not gnna hurt them, and snore incase sum1 makes u fall asleep with hypno

Tyranitar (F) @ Choice Scarf
    - Sandstorm
    - Attract
    - Bite
    - Ancient Power

this is the standard scarf set on tar. sandstorm incase a toed switches in and it does damage to it, attract incase a wobbufet switches in and bite + ancient power for epic stab
    Threat list

Magikarp
    Derpfish
    Feebas
    with these sets u should be unable to loose a win of a win of a loose of a battle

edit:

concidering u have a giant weakness to derpfish u might want to concider running a HP water gyarados

edit: or maybe an Ice arceus
    Last edited by CraZy RudOlF; 16th August 2011 at 2:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CraZy RudOlF View Post
    with these sets u should be unable to loose a win of a win of a loose of a battle
    uh.... what the

Quote Originally Posted by CraZy RudOlF View Post

edit:

concidering u have a giant weakness to derpfish u might want to concider running a HP water gyarados

edit: or maybe an Ice arceus
    -_- silly rudolf i wanted good rates i told you this

-_- silly rudolf i wanted good rates i told you this
    have i been helpful? because what i have told you is all i can really think of right now

Quote Originally Posted by darkrai's_shadow View Post
    have i been helpful? because what i have told you is all i can really think of right now
    yeah IM thinking about it but i test that ttar tommow

kk, because then it can hurt skarmories and scizors and stuff like that

I swear, it’s been two years since somebody ask me who I was. I’m the greatest, man, I said that before I knew I was.

Quote Originally Posted by MGOShockWave View Post
    lol, oh shock, i love you <3

Quote Originally Posted by MGOShockWave View Post
    shock D:< rate it right or else

I did rate it right shuttup
    I swear, it’s been two years since somebody ask me who I was. I’m the greatest, man, I said that before I knew I was.

If you want jellicent to be a stall wall thing give it bold, so it wont die to physical attackers.
    By the way, I've tried Calm Mind on Slowbro, and after two it becomes a great wall and an amazing sweeper. Try it out!

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Man it looks like you have gotten some impeccable rates so far especially by those utter clan beasts mgoshockwave and crazy rudolf I'm terribly afraid idk if I can do better but I'll try since you requested. Sorry man I'll try!!! It seems like you have a pretty nice start to this team but you need to polish it up quite a bit so that it is in good working order. You point out your threats pretty well anyways in that you are extremely weak to grass types, especially nasty plot celebi which has a shot at easily sweeping you clean. To make it short and sweet, I'm just going to say replace Jellicent with Latios. Latios is a pretty decent check to most grass types and it fits nicely on this team anyways. You should probably run it over Jellicent with a set of draco meteor / surf / hidden power [fire] / recover, timid, life orb and maximum special attack and speed. With Jellicent removed, it will open you up to Scizor quite a lot. You could easily just replace your bulky water with something that can sponge hits from sd Scizor more easily. Rotom-W would work perfectly for this since it can help you against not only swords dance Scizor, but against other threats such as substitute landorus which can be a minor pain if slowbro itself is removed. A set with volt switch / will-o-wisp / hydro pump / pain split, bold, leftovers, and a spread of 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe will help you out there.

At this point, you're kind of weak to bulky waters. Drizzle will be sort of hard to play around with only Latios and scarf Ttar as well. It would be easier to simply replace Scizor with Ferrothorn and then all of these problems will be solved. Ferrothorn can easily take on most bulky waters especially those that spam high power water attacks on rain teams such as Starmie or choiced Politoed. A set with spikes / power whip / gryo ball / leech seed, sassy, and a spread of 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpDef with a 0 Spe iv should work just fine. As for some smaller changes, I have no idea why in the world you're using cb Excadrill. Just change to the standard swords dance set with rapid spin since skarmory has multiple opportunities to set up on you. A set with swords dance / earthquake / rock slide / rapid spin, adamant, air balloon, with maximum attack and speed should work out well. Finally, I'd swap Tyranitar's set to the chople berry set with stealth rock / pursuit / crunch / rock slide. This will help you win against Volcarona since you don't want Excadrill as your only check. You should just run a spread of 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpDef with a careful nature too.

Anyways, that's all I have to say. This team was better than your last wonderful creation. gl!
    Last edited by AB2; 16th August 2011 at 3:47 AM.
    [12:46:24 PM] Garza: yeah yeah
    [12:46:34 PM] Garza: your a tubular troller

mangoes, peaches, and limes

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    If you want jellicent to be a stall wall thing give it bold, so it wont die to physical attackers.
    By the way, I've tried Calm Mind on Slowbro, and after two it becomes a great wall and an amazing sweeper. Try it out!
    ok thanks what should i get rid of for calm mind

also thanks ab i try that aswell

also my last time was good since i beat nilla with it
    Last edited by Naoto Shirogane; 16th August 2011 at 3:51 AM.

Try instead of Flamethrower.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Try instead of Flamethrower.
    ok thanks

Wow, the other suggestions on this team have been horrible (especially yours, CraZy RudOlF; sorry, but who gives Scizor Metronome?). I'm not claiming to be an expert, but I can safely say that my suggestions are not the worst of those posted on this thread:

1) Taunt instead of Attract will be much more helpful to stop threats to your team like Latias and Conkeldurr. Besides, on PO at least, all of the experienced battlers use mostly female pokemon. Attract is generally too unpredictable, and a waste of one of Jellicent's precious moveslots.

2) Slowbro's bulkiness will allow it to be an effective Calm Mind abuser. The moveset Calm Mind/Slack Off/Scald/HP Dragon will help you much more, and give you better type coverage to boot.

3) Changing ThunderPunch to Stone Edge on Tyranitar will give you pretty much the same coverage, but will give you a powerful STAB move double the power of ThunderPunch.

That's all I can find. I agree with AppleButter2 in that a Latios would help, and Jellicent seems to be the most redundant member of the team (with Slowbro there). Hope that helped!
    If you're creative, don't copy and paste this into your signature (Started by 3.14kachu).

Quote Originally Posted by 3.14kachu View Post
    Wow, the other suggestions on this team have been horrible (especially yours, CraZy RudOlF; sorry, but who gives Scizor Metronome?). I'm not claiming to be an expert, but I can safely say that my suggestions are not the worst of those posted on this thread:

1) Taunt instead of Attract will be much more helpful to stop threats to your team like Latias and Conkeldurr. Besides, on PO at least, all of the experienced battlers use mostly female pokemon. Attract is generally too unpredictable, and a waste of one of Jellicent's precious moveslots.

2) Slowbro's bulkiness will allow it to be an effective Calm Mind abuser. The moveset Calm Mind/Slack Off/Scald/HP Dragon will help you much more, and give you better type coverage to boot.

3) Changing ThunderPunch to Stone Edge on Tyranitar will give you pretty much the same coverage, but will give you a powerful STAB move double the power of ThunderPunch.

That's all I can find. I agree with AppleButter2 in that a Latios would help, and Jellicent seems to be the most redundant member of the team (with Slowbro there). Hope that helped!
    thanks i made a few changes which have helped me abit

maybe you can switch jellicent to either alakazam or reuniclus? neither get hit by sandstorm due to magic guard, and are both very powerful psychic types

Quote Originally Posted by darkrai's_shadow View Post
    maybe you can switch jellicent to either alakazam or reuniclus? neither get hit by sandstorm due to magic guard, and are both very powerful psychic types
    can't do that because scizor would ko all my pokemon

or maybe you can switch to quagsire? since it has both bulk up and recover, you can pretty much wall scizor out of its mind while you set up, and it also has water absorb, so there wouldnt be much of a loss in that area

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast