Thread: Star Vs The Forces of Evil Discussion.

Default Star Vs The Forces of Evil Discussion.

Season 3 has started and i found no thread for this cartoon, Anyone watching it or enjoying it?
    Discussions on forums are always serious business :3

Party Hard

Looking for gen7 6iv Ditto and shameless about it, PM me if you can help.
    Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664

Haha, am I enjoying it. I'm currently obsessed. I've been watching since... well, between seasons 1 and 2. I adore it-- the characters, the voice acting, the art, the humor, the art... the shipping. Yeah, Starco's right up my alley. I rewatched the whole series to get reinvested for the movie, and yeah, I've been way back into it. The movie was amazing. I mean, parts were rushed, but there were so many parts where I was just like, holy crap! I cannot WAIT to see what happens next!
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Interlude 3 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

One thing comes to mind after watching the season 3 movie premier is "Those who fight monsters better take care that they don't become the monster themseveles"...!

This pacing is soooo good!
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.

Quote Originally Posted by WildHennaCharizard View Post
    One thing comes to mind after watching the season 3 movie premier is "Those who fight monsters better take care that they don't become the monster themseveles"...!
    Kinda funny that you mention that, star eyes when she morphs do resemble Venus symbol wich is quite an interesting nod to some stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Reloaded View Post
    This pacing is soooo good!
    Yep, star V is quite a treat when it comes to pacing its really fast on how the event go on an episode basis and the humour never gets awkward.

Pacing is probably the strongest part of this show.

Party Hard

I recently just became a fan of this as well.

S1 was kind of 'blah' but S2 was a MAJOR improvement and the TV Movie was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.

I wish I had known about this series when it had first started. But better late then never I guess? lol.

I've been disappointed in cartoons recently.

Even though I've been watching and am still watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic for 7 seasons now... my fandom of it has tanked CONSIDERABLY due to the show shoving HORRID NOT REDEEMED characters down our throats and expecting us to like them. Which just won't happen for me. Likely EVER. If it continues I may quit that show/fandom and become an anti-brony.

However, also recently, I found a de-facto 'replacement' for MLP: FiM. Though there really isn't such a thing as a 'replacement' but it's good enough. Not only that... it's actually SO MUCH BETTER than MLP: FiM it's actually not even close.

Which would of course be... The Lion Guard. :O

Plus I've heard too much about Wander Over Yonder so I've been watching that online recently as well. It kind of reminds me of The Looney Tunes.

Plus, the DuckTales reboot has intrigued me so I'll be giving that a try as well.

Cartoons quality has certainly increased recently. Though there are shows I will NEVER touch even with a 10-foot pole. (Regular Show, Adventure Time and Steven Universe are the most obvious examples)

But I've been impressed with cartoons lately and I hope it keeps up.
    I CAN. I WILL.

The Roman Reigns of the internet.

I enjoy the show it's enjoyable but I kinda find Season 1 meh but Season 2 caught my interest it was an improvement I enjoy the character,humour and many more also Starco FTW I love that shipping also I find the intro catchy.
    Last edited by Nebbygetinthebag; Yesterday at 8:42 PM.

It's a good show. I've been keeping up since season 1 XD I liked season 1 overall best, but season 2 had some nice moments, too, and I really liked the movie. Did anyone else watch the movie too?

I hope season 3 is really fun too. I did get iffy about how 'dark' season 2 can get, so I kind of hope season 3 is more season 1 like; fairly light hearted and funny. Or at least somewhere between season 1 and 2. Or has a good story that'll make up for how 'dark' it can get. For the record, i'm not much fond of 'dark'; But i still technecly had fun with this show. It's a nice step forward from gravity falls, though gravity falls was pretty good, the "Weird Magetton" special kind of well... ruined it all for me....lol It was a little too unhappy for a kids show (or show overall really. why have the darker parts of society shoved down our throats? hopefully star will never take a turn like that)

EDIT: Also, i've always liked magical girl stuff overall, so that theme to the show appealed to me too XD
    Last edited by Trioxhydre; Yesterday at 9:11 PM.
    I'm a girl lol
    PLEASE don't call me a 'guy'. Its a real pet peeve of mine with my autism and how my brain work's. thank you...
    Gay, happy triox! Wait, gay also means happy, right? :P Riiight?
    I have a MAJOR crush on korrina and i think she's totally awesome! best gym leader ever. Should be a champion.
    I have autism and try to keep an open mind about things. My life can get weird.

I made this blingee of one of the most awesome pokemon EVER :3
    ~Lipstick Lesbian and Proud~

One big thing this show has over most is by far its pacing. Like for real, even when it's filler it gets it point across and moves back onto the story (unlike a certain show on Cartoon Network).

It's good. Just wish it wasn't restricted to XD, basically hindering potential viewership.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mega Champion View Post
    I recently just became a fan of this as well.

S1 was kind of 'blah' but S2 was a MAJOR improvement and the TV Movie was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.

I wish I had known about this series when it had first started. But better late then never I guess? lol.

I've been disappointed in cartoons recently.

Even though I've been watching and am still watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic for 7 seasons now... my fandom of it has tanked CONSIDERABLY due to the show shoving HORRID NOT REDEEMED characters down our throats and expecting us to like them. Which just won't happen for me. Likely EVER. If it continues I may quit that show/fandom and become an anti-brony.

However, also recently, I found a de-facto 'replacement' for MLP: FiM. Though there really isn't such a thing as a 'replacement' but it's good enough. Not only that... it's actually SO MUCH BETTER than MLP: FiM it's actually not even close.

Which would of course be... The Lion Guard. :O

Plus I've heard too much about Wander Over Yonder so I've been watching that online recently as well. It kind of reminds me of The Looney Tunes.

Plus, the DuckTales reboot has intrigued me so I'll be giving that a try as well.

Cartoons quality has certainly increased recently. Though there are shows I will NEVER touch even with a 10-foot pole. (Regular Show, Adventure Time and Steven Universe are the most obvious examples)

But I've been impressed with cartoons lately and I hope it keeps up.
    I know this is a star v thread, but by all means watch WOY, if Star V is the king of pacing on recent cartoons WOY is the king of likeable characters, despite its episodic nature all the characters get to show off in their episodes and its overall such a charming experience, the lion guard is also good, nice taste there bud.

I tried to like SU, i really tried and even when it is handled better in CN mexico by timeslot standards it feels like a chore to watch and a primarily sol series shouldnt be a drag, nor the animation be so ****ing weird with its shadowing choices and off model stuff, anyways i dont want to bash this thing on stuff other than technical level since people get really defensive when it comes to SU.

Quote Originally Posted by Trioxhydre View Post
    It's a good show. I've been keeping up since season 1 XD I liked season 1 overall best, but season 2 had some nice moments, too, and I really liked the movie. Did anyone else watch the movie too?

I hope season 3 is really fun too. I did get iffy about how 'dark' season 2 can get, so I kind of hope season 3 is more season 1 like; fairly light hearted and funny. Or at least somewhere between season 1 and 2. Or has a good story that'll make up for how 'dark' it can get. For the record, i'm not much fond of 'dark'; But i still technecly had fun with this show. It's a nice step forward from gravity falls, though gravity falls was pretty good, the "Weird Magetton" special kind of well... ruined it all for me....lol It was a little too unhappy for a kids show (or show overall really. why have the darker parts of society shoved down our throats? hopefully star will never take a turn like that)

EDIT: Also, i've always liked magical girl stuff overall, so that theme to the show appealed to me too XD
    I was hooked since s1 but i have to say my favorite episode is Ludo in the wild, the slapstick and character progression make it such a beatiful experience even in a rewatch, i love how Star V doesnt pull its punches and treats its audience like idiots they really work the angle of show dont tell really well for an american cartoon.

Party Hard