Page 109 of 174 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 4348

Thread: The last movie you saw

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Rise of the guardians was a great animated movie, I have no idea what you are talking about.
    It's just my opinion.

The film did have pretty impressive visuals though. I'll give it that.

Just saw Wreck-it Ralph. I freaking loved it. The characters, backdrops, references, twists, and good pacing make for the best animated film ive seen in a while. although Penelope can be gratingly annoying at times. And I wish we had seen more game backdrops.
    Last edited by LordLucario21; 31st March 2013 at 1:39 AM.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

"The Great Muppet Caper" has it's funny bits yet at the same time shows it shows it's age.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurry View Post
    It's just my opinion.

The film did have pretty impressive visuals though. I'll give it that.
    Well I respect your opinion, you are entitled to one. I still don't see how you didn't like this movie but whatever. Last movie I saw was the incredibles because I was baby sitting my nephew, we both fell asleep watching it.

In theaters and worth mentioning, Kick-***. Besides that, Battle Royale for the sixth time last night.
    Gift for Kanix
    Made by RJ FIGHTER

Olympus Has Fallen. I enjoyed it a lot. Yeah it's basically Die Hard in the White House, but so what. I was entertained throughout and that's what matters.
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

It was an okay movie. Not too funny but it had its moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Forgetting Sarah Marshall

It was an okay movie. Not too funny but it had its moments.
    HEY VERN1

watching "Death Warrior"... wow, is this the worst movie ever...
    white 1: under construction

white 2 FC: 4513 9737 5496

Ghost Protocol. And it was fantastic.

Just saw Spirited Away for the first time yesterday

Oh god, it was just incredible. The animation was gorgeous and the story was so.. delightfully weird and touching. Music was also excellent. Definitely my favourite Studio Ghibli film.

Olympus Has Fallen

Good. I enjoyed it. Its like Die Hard like the reviews said (but not the last crappy one).
    I didnt know what to expect at first, but once I was sure its an action movie I decided to watch it.
    The terrorist attack looked quite realistic. Complete w/ the suicide bombing n all that. There were some good gasp moments too like 'omg the prime minister was shot in the head!' The effects n the shooting/fighting scenes were also quite successful, so its all worth it to watch. Only a bit too america...
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Last movie I saw was Letters from Iwo Jima.

Thanks to Film4's awesome Studio Ghibli Season, I am currently making my way through a huge majority of their movies. My first time seeing them. So far, having missed Spirited Away on the first day (although I will watch the repeat later on), I have finished Princess Mononoke, Porco Rosso, Kiki's Delivery Service and My Neighbour Totoro (in that order). My favourite of the lot is probably Totoro mainly for the epicness that is CatBus.

In addition to this, I also took the time to watch Winter's Bone, as I am making it a point to watch all of Jennifer Lawrence's starring roles. The film was hard to watch at times (for instance, the scene involving squirrels being eviscerated), but it was a well-made movie and Lawrence's perfomance was flawless as always (she was Oscar nominated after all).

♥ Giving away ORAS demo codes.
    PM me for one (Europe only) ♥

Just finished watching Wreck-It Ralph.

7/10

Not as awful as Rise of the Guardians, but still largely disappointed in this one. Definitely not worthy of the praise its been getting. The video game references were kind of cool.. I guess. They didn't really make the film great though. I hated how the vast majority of the movie took place in the Sugar Rush game.

Sarah Silverman in chibi form didn't really help the movie out either.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowth City View Post
    Thanks to Film4's awesome Studio Ghibli Season, I am currently making my way through a huge majority of their movies. My first time seeing them. So far, having missed Spirited Away on the first day (although I will watch the repeat later on), I have finished Princess Mononoke, Porco Rosso, Kiki's Delivery Service and My Neighbour Totoro (in that order). My favourite of the lot is probably Totoro mainly for the epicness that is CatBus.
    Same here, I love Film4 for showing such epic films every single day. My only gripe though is that apart from Mononoke and Spirited Away (and thank god for the last one), all of the films have been in English and well, I don't want to sound like snob or anything, but the Japanese dubs do sound a lot better than their English counterparts. I really don't understand Channel 4's logic for only showing the first two films in Japanese but the rest of the season in English. Hmm....

Anyway, as I've posted earlier, Spirited Away was amazing and is definitely my favourite so far, with Totoro coming a very close second. I just didn't get Princess Mononoke, I'm not entirely sure why but I found it quite boring and monotonous. But I'm looking forward to the rest of the season, especially Howl's Moving Castle tomorrow and Whisper of the Heart on Friday. Miyazaki is such an incredible director.

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, what can I say about this film aside from the fact that its great. I really enjoyed this movie and it made me feel guilty for laughing, but it was inevitable not to laugh at the shenanigans the gang kept getting into. I didn't really like the ending but it still made me laugh that the chief was the one who ultimately escaped.

Continuing Studio Ghibli Season: I have now seen Arrietty, Howl's Moving Castle, Castle of Cagliostro, Ponyo and Pom Poko. My favourite of this batch is Ponyo, which may stem from my love of The Little Mermaid.

♥ Giving away ORAS demo codes.
    PM me for one (Europe only) ♥

A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 Freddy's Revenge for the second time.

It's such a weird movie.

the avengers, it was a pretty good flick.

meowth city, have you seen princess monouke and porco russo there good studio ghibli movies
    Last edited by Heldigunner1; 5th April 2013 at 3:53 AM.

The last movie I saw was *cough* Epic Movie *cough*

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Peter Pan

I haven't seen the movie in a long time, but it was as if I had seen it yesterday. I wonder if it's because next to The Little Mermaid, I watched Peter Pan a lot, and so I have pretty much almost memorized the movie visual-wise. The beginning I don't have too many fond memories of, but once Peter shows up, everything was the way I remembered it to be.

I swear that Peter Pan is the best representation of childhood, at least for me. I think I've had my own Neverland for a long time as a kid, so that feeling was strong while watching the movie. Of course, it's also stronger than I remember it to be. I really do love the writing, very crisp and smart. Captain Hook is more cunning than I remembered him to be. And the little romance between Wendy and Peter is adorable. It's such a shame they never got to see each other again until she's a mother. It's heart-breaking in that aspect.

So all-in-all, I really love this movie. It might be up there with my personal favorites, actually. I really need to make a list of my favorite Disney movies one of these days. I find it a shame most kids these days haven't seen it, my little brothers never sat down to watch it with me, and I know they would like this movie if they would just take the time to see it. I guess it helps to get them when they're young. I don't remember how I got introduced to Disney, but I know my parents were part of the reason why I still love Disney movies, since I apparently am the person who'll continue to love my childhood. So, here's to hoping my own children will come to appreciate these movies, Peter Pan in particular.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

The latest G.I. Joe movie. It was good but I've seen better movies.

Page 109 of 174 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast