Page 133 of 177 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 4411

Thread: The last movie you saw

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone. It was ok, quite funny.

Rush, absolutely fantastic. One of the best I've seen this year, and I'm not massively into F1, nor was I around at the time the events it's based on happened, it just didn't matter, such was the quality of the film.

Treasure Island

Cant beat the classics.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

V/H/S 2 6/10 Just Okay
    ♫If life seems jolly rotten,
    There's something you've forgotten!
    And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing,
    When you're feeling in the dumps
    Don't be silly chumps,
    Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing!
    And... always look on the bright side of life...♫

Cloud Atlas, just as impressive as the first time, and a lot easier to follow this time round.

This Is The End - 6.5/10

At first I thought it was a comedy film. Then towards the end it became a horror/post-apocalyptic film.

" You called me out upon the waters
    The great unknown, Where feet may fail
    And there I find You in the mystery
    In oceans deep, my Faith will stand ..."

It was still a comedy though. That's what that trilogy of films did, it took established sub-genre's of film (Zombie Movie, Cop/Crime movie, Alien Invasion) and turned them into comedies. Films can be more than one genre. Even at the end of the worlds end, there is something comical about these two chaps shouting the omnipresent voice of Bill Nighy.

Fast Girls

Typical feel good, under dog achieving, triumph over adversity, coming of age, sort of film. Quite predictable at times, and I think very much a cash in on the whole London 2012 team GB vibe that was going on. Sometimes I can be quite cynical, but in this case I didn't mind it and quite enjoyed it.

Insidious: Chapter Two. 8.5/10

This really rekindled my interest in low budget horror. Just like the first one did, it made me nearly soil myself on several occasions. I hope its open (and rather annoying) ending means this will become a trilogy.
    ~Fact of the Whenever~
    Life gives you lemons because a large portion of humanity wasn't thankful for the grapes it already had. Please treat all fruit with respect.

I saw Prisoners in theaters.
    Good overall movie- engaging, good acting, above average plot, decent ending.
    I thought I got my $12 worth

Click here if you want to join ^
    Going through life with depression is like trying to run for a touchdown on two broken legs.

This is The End 7.0 Enjoyable
    World War Z 7.0 Decent
    ♫If life seems jolly rotten,
    There's something you've forgotten!
    And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing,
    When you're feeling in the dumps
    Don't be silly chumps,
    Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing!
    And... always look on the bright side of life...♫

Last movie I saw was "To Save a Life" in my youth group. I really liked it, one of the best movies I have seen in a while. A really nice feel good movie to watch if you are feeling down.
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

Let's see, last movie I saw was probably 'The Titanic'(don't ask, sister made me watch it x_x). The last movie I saw that's actually worth mentioning would be 'The Conjuring'. Man that movie nearly scared me to death! >.< I'm not a big fan of the horror genre, but my family roped me into seeing it. Jerks. >.>

Spoiler:- Clock o::

Credit for the amazing banner goes to SM at ^-^

Quote Originally Posted by SaveMeJeebus View Post
    This is The End 7.0 Enjoyable
    World War Z 7.0 Decent
    How can they both be rated 7 and one be enjoyable, but the other merely decent?

Easy A

I really liked it, plus the 80's film references both subtle and overt made me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post
    Insidious: Chapter Two. 8.5/10

This really rekindled my interest in low budget horror. Just like the first one did, it made me nearly soil myself on several occasions. I hope its open (and rather annoying) ending means this will become a trilogy.
    Yep, theres gonna be a third one. Only James Wan is not directing it. But he & Whannell are still the writers. So I hope its still good.
    Im a fan of Wan & Whannel horror films.. The other latest one I've seen was The Conjuring... Although Im kinda used to Wans scaring techniques but I still enjoy the films as a whole... especially the plot... and watch ppl's reactions around me in the theatre to see if the formula works...

Quote Originally Posted by SlimShady View Post
    I saw Prisoners in theaters.
    Good overall movie- engaging, good acting, above average plot, decent ending.
    I thought I got my $12 worth
    Im gonna watch this next week if my friend wants...
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Emperor's New Groove
    Just watched this Disney film I hadn't seen before. Lately, I've been watching Disney films I haven't seen (like Cinderella I watched few weeks ago). The art style was rather interesting and I actually liked it but the story of the film was rather empty. Of course Yzma was rather epic but she have had made a better evil guy if she had had a better plan. Now we really didn't get to know what was so evil about her - expect the fact that she wanted Kuzco dead. But anyway, the film was pretty funny though definitely not the best Disney has made. I think the TV series Emperor's New School works better.

I just finished watching Howl's Moving Castle, and it was just amazing ! It's been a while since i watched a Miyazaki movie, but no regrets spending time on this one !

Cars 2

Cute movie.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

I watched Mud again.
    I still maintain it's one of my favourites from this year. I love the sort of youthful want to believe in love and the infallibility of those you look up to. And the sort of fathers and sons, Snake metaphors, coming to terms with an ever changing world, and ultimately coming of age. Really great atmosphere too, it really evokes the feeling of being there.

Iron Man 3

I liked Iron Man 2 the best, and probably this one the least.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

the family

it was okay for a one time watch won't be buying it

Blue Jasmine and Goodfellas at the cinema last night.

I'm pretty sure the last movie I saw was The Great Gatsby, and it was actually really good.
    grass starters 4eva!(Chesnaught)
    x/y friend code - 2680 9156 4280
    my friend safari is ghost with shuppet, pumpkaboo, and drifblim
    I have a serious inability to deny a battle, even if I know I'll lose so let's gooo

The Last Picture Show

I felt there was something there, but I struggled to follow what was going on, partially down to what I assume was my tiredness.

Page 133 of 177 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast