Page 216 of 218 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218 LastLast
Results 5,376 to 5,400 of 5450

Thread: The last movie you saw

Just watched the new Pirates of the Caribbean film today. Can't say its the best of them, but its definitely better than the fourth one.

I've just seen these movies as of late:

Jason Bourne -- One stinker of a movie with enough holes to make one big wedge of Swiss Cheese. Only saving grace was one bit of it, the rest of it is just forgettable. Only other upside: The dialogue was better than what Chris Carter did in s10 of the X Files. 2/10

X-Men Apocalypse -- 8/10

I finally got to see this thanks to AT&T having a free HBO/Cinemax weekend. It was pretty good. Better than I thought it would be. The acting from everyone involved was really solid. Looking forward to future installments.

Underworld: Blood Lines -- This entry ended up being better (in my opinion) than what I read about in reviews. It seemed like the usual Underworld entry, and it's not a bad thing. The acting is ok and the plot is decent. There are some parts that I wished were fleshed out more, but other than that it was worth the watch. 7 to 8/10

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them -- This was ok, if a bit silly at times. Loved the different creatures and am interested to see where the Lestrange aspect fits in. 7/10

---------------------------------------

I tried to watch Star Wars: Rogue One, but I found it dull and boring. First Star Wars movie that I've ever found that way. I took it out of the dvd player so I could take it back along with the rest of the movies and BOTW. A big disappointment.
    Looking forward to the new X Files episodes coming out in 2018! Thank you David, Gillian, Mitch, Glen and the rest of the cast and crew of 1013 for taking time to make them .

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Went on a bit of a Disney binge, hence replying to the respective topic, looked up some more obscure ones though:

Oliver and Company: I don't really get why this film is rated so low except that it came before The Little Mermaid. It's probably Disney's best talking dog movie.

Bambi II: How to make a GOOD Disney direct-to-video sequel.

Wonder Woman all I can with out spoiling it Great go see it!

Dr. No. It's been a long time since I watched the older James Bond movies, so I'm watching some.

>sees superhero movie
    >chooses fat bald guy in his underwear over Amazonian warrior
    >no regrets

Captain Underpants is very enjoyable, and it's true to the books. Never thought you'd hear that coming from a DreamWorks film. I honestly had fun with the movie, it had the right blend of nostalgia and originality I never thought I'd see in a film, not since The LEGO Movie, anyway. It has been years since I had last read Captain Underpants, but I felt like a kid again watching it. I also just found out the budget was $38 million, which makes this really freaking impressive.

So yeah, recommended. It'd be hilarious if it made more money than Boss Baby--actually am hoping it does.
    Winner of Best Non-Pokémon Fic of 2016 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 8 - 3/10/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Wonder Woman
    Eh...... if you like Wonder Woman, I guess it's alright. I never really liked her as much as I like Batman, Super Man, Flash, and Green Lantern. Batgirl was always my favorite female DC super hero, excited for her movie
    I was going to go watch Captain Underpants too.... but I felt ridiculous going to see that.

I saw Wonder Woman today, and I must say it defied all expectations.

After a slew of terrible, over-budgeted, poorly written, money-driven superhero films from both Marvel and DC, this film came along and showed what a true superhero film should be. Mind you, I came in a skeptic, far tired of superhero films and not taking a liking to main actress Gal Gadot. However, being a fan of Wonder Woman, I decided to give the film a chance, and I am glad I did.

Watched three movies while I was flying last weekend: La La Land, The Devil Wears Prada, and Hidden Figures. I'd already seen the latter two before and enjoyed both of them, but La La Land was a disappointment. I know it was an homage to the old "movie-musicals" of the 50s and 60s, but there wasn't really much of a plot, the musical numbers were fine but not spectacular, and the ending sucked (just like a lot of those old movies). Not sure why it was so hyped up for the Academy Awards other than Hollywood patting itself on the back.

at least Ryan Gosling is nice to look at though : P
    Current shiny hunts:
    SoulSilver BQ #13 - Slowpoke Well - 13700 REs | White 2 BQ #8 - Giant Chasm - 22000 REs | Platinum BQ #4 - Cranidos - 50 SRs
    White - Dragonspiral Tower (Phase 2) - 1000 REs | Y Route Quest #3 - Route 3 - 7000 REs | Sun Trial Quest #4 - Wela Volcano Park - 5000 REs

Latest shiny:

Platinum BQ #3 - 1167 SRs - 8/14/17

There's so many wars we've fought, and so many things we're not
    But with what we have, I promise you that we're marchin' on

Shrek Forever After :P

gave me cool daydreams about me being stuck in a dragon guarded tower today and Korrina and her Lucario rescuing me from a Mega Charizard X xP
    PLEASE READ MY SIGNATURE TO LEARN WHAT MAKES ME TICK AND STUFF. its important to me...
    My Birthday is on August 16th! :3
    I'm a girl lol
    PLEASE don't call me a 'guy'. Its a real pet peeve of mine with my autism and how my brain work's. thank you...
    Gay, happy triox! Wait, gay also means happy, right? :P Riiight?
    I have a MAJOR crush on korrina and i think she's totally awesome! best gym leader ever. Should be a champion.
    I have autism and try to keep an open mind about things. My life can get weird.

I made this blingee of one of the most awesome pokemon EVER :3
    ~Lipstick Lesbian and Proud~

Last night I watched From Russia With Love and the night before that I watched Casablanca.

Watched Batman vs. Superman for the first time last night. Definitely lived up to my expectations.
    PSN: HighestMatthias
    PS: The Funky Stunky
    Battlenet: Bahamut#1536

Home:
    Don't Knock Twice ~ This is a good example of a movie that does not have a good ending. It tries so hard to have a twisted ending that it fails the whole movie. I mean, there's nothing wrong w/ a horror movie that has a good happy ending that's satisfying, rather than annoying the audience.

Shut In ~ I dunno, can we call this kinda of movie a B horror movie as well? Although it has Naomi Watts stars in it. I think the problem is more of the story (It's got a repetitive theme). But it's not easy to bring up a good original horror/thriller story these days. So I guess, this movie is alright if you watch it at home.

Theatre:
    Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales ~ It's getting a bit repetitive and boring tbh. Jack isn't as funny as he used to be and some jokes in the movie are cringey at best.
    The effects are good though, and I like Captain Salazar the main villain (Javier Bardem did a good job at it). The plot is alright, the ending not so much. I'm curious if they can come up w/ a more creative plot for the next movie.

Wonder Woman ~ I like Wonder Woman. I watched the series when I was a kid. Gal Gadot did a great job at giving a grand new image to it, even when she was still a guess star in the Dawn of Justice.
    At first I was skeptical w the promo pics, she didn't look tough at all and I wasn't used to w/ the new costume yet, but then everything was erased when Gadot made her appearance in the movie.
    Back to the movie, I personally think it's Gal Gadot & the director that made the movie great. The plot is typical tbh. The villains are weak & forgettable. It's still good as a first movie.
    FC: 0748-6074-2990
    When my time comes
    Forget the wrong that I've done
    Don't resent me
    And when you're feeling empty
    Keep me in your memory
    Leave out all the rest

RIP Chester Bennington (March 20, 1976 – July 20, 2017)

Rage x Love

saw wonder woman. not gonna say that i hated it, but it felt subpar. the action scenes were honestly terrible though, and that's a bit of a bummer when the movie is about, well, a superhero(ine?) and their combat.

given all of the stellar reviews from ear everyone else, i guess i'd still recommend seeing it if you haven't yet, but yeah.

Feival Goes West. I wouldn't call it a good movie but I like it better than the first mostly because An American Tail is just too depressing for me.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

I saw Wonder Woman with my brother today. It was cool. Yesterday, I watched Children of Men. That movie made me think of what's going on in the world as of late.

Just saw Wonder Woman, and in my opinion, it was a pretty good film. A tad slow at times, with a few forgettable protagonists, but was better than I expected, and of course, David Thewlis was the highlight of the film, and his acting, as always, was fantastic.
    Claimed Cheren!
    "The Leader Who Seeks the Right Path
    Everyone has a different dream. Search for your life's purpose"

Wonder Woman: It was amazing until the third act

Logan Noir: I feel like the black and white was just a gimmick to sell more blu-rays.
    Current Diamond Nuzlocke team:

I watched The Outsiders today. I saw most of it at school at some point.

Land Before Time. It has an amazing soundtrack.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

Saw Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

I actually enjoyed this movie. I honestly haven't seen the previous ones besides the first one, so I clearly was confused on a few things, but I still enjoyed it. I liked it. I might actually go back and watch them in order to understand what happened to some characters.

Kubo and the Two Strings

I don't know why I waited so long to finally see this movie... its actually fantastic! I loved every minute of it.

Fire and Lightning Race Across the Heavens

Saw "It Comes at Night" yesterday. Highly recommend it. The film's part of this new wave of horror that's focused more on existential dread than jump scares and stuff that gets your heartbeat going faster for no real reason.
    I consider The VVitch and Get Out as parts of the movement, but It Comes at Night is sorta devoid of a strong social message like those other ones. Still good, though.
    3DS FC: 3523-3464-8565
    3DS Name: Elliott

Check out my trade shop with hundreds of Shinies and Events!

Cars 3
    I LOVED it! How the Storm problem was solved was great too, considering it is realistically impossible for Lightning to have beat Jackson without plot powers. He's an older car! Feels like a good end to Lightning's story...... but you could say the same thing about Woody/Buzz in Toy Story 3 yet Toy Story 4 is happening *sigh*

Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2. It was as good as the last one. Also, it has one of the best MCU movie villains since Loki
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

Today I went and saw Wonder Woman. I found it to be quite enjoyable especially considering all the action sequences.

Page 216 of 218 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218 LastLast