Page 110 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 4470

Thread: The last movie you saw

Quote Originally Posted by Heldigunner1 View Post
    meowth city, have you seen princess monouke and porco russo there good studio ghibli movies
    Yes, I have.

Speaking of which, I have caught up with Ocean Waves, Grave of the Fireflies, Whisper of the Heart, Spirited Away and The Cat Returns. All of which were truly amazing, in particular the last three. Spirited Away is definitely my favourite and I can see why it is so widely praised. Although I do feel quite partial to The Cat Returns, as it is the one and only Studio Ghibli film that I had seen before. Well, that and the fact that I love cats.
    Last edited by Meowth City; 8th March 2014 at 6:35 PM.
    Omega Ruby Team and Progress:

Trainer Name: Mayflower

I saw Sinister the other day with some friends at like 2 AM. It wasn't the best, but it... Well I don't want to spoil it, let me seal this off.

Spoiler:- Sinister spoilers:

Anyways, saw the trailer for Purge the other day... Looks flippin' amazing, anyone else looking to see that one?

Finally got around to seeing Oz the Great and Powerful yesterday. To be perfectly honest, I didn't have that high of expectations for this film. In the back of my head I knew this film was going to be a disappointment. However, I do enjoy the 1939 movie for what it's worth, so I actually saw it in theaters. But.. my god it was awful. Worse than what I initially presumed. I'd even go as far as to say it's worse than Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.. which is a pretty astronomical feat in and of itself. Boring, boring, boring. Just another crappy CGI-laden fantasy flick.

3/10

Quote Originally Posted by nathandg0924 View Post
    The latest G.I. Joe movie. It was good but I've seen better movies.
    I saw it too, I forgot to post. Nothing really special imo, except the aerial sword fight in the mountains was kinda cool.
    But I loved to see Bruce Willis appearance too.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

I watched Dead Poet Society in my English class

Last movie watched was From Russia With Love. I must say, I like this one better compared to the other James Bond movies.\

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Believe it or not, i have only saw the ORIGINAL taken for the very first on saturday night. Liam neeson, one of the best Irish actors, is great in this. Of course everyone probably knows the famous "i will find you, i will kill you" speech. It is epic, neeson is epic, the movie is epic. Exceeded my expectations 9.5/10. Noww to see the sequel
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

So I've been continuing with my Ghibli journey on Film4 and have seen pretty much every single one so far, save from Pom Poko and Grave of the Fireflies. The former because I had a prior engagement which I couldn't get out of and the latter because it was at half past midnight, unlike the other Ghibli films which have been showing in the afternoon and I've just been so tired lately that I couldn't bring myself to stay up to watch it.

All of them have been fantastic but the two which have resonated with me the greatest so far (since my last update) have been The Cat Returns and Only Yesterday. Both were unlike the usual, standard Ghibli films in that they were both really simple and uncomplicated stories about simple subjects, and all for the better. I don't really know how to describe The Cat Returns except that it was short and sweet... there was just something about it that was beautiful in its story and imagery, and finishing it off with its brilliant ending song was just the icing on the cake. The song, like the film, is simple and uplifting. Only Yesterday was stunningly good, again managing to blow me away with surprisingly little. On paper it seems insignificant, but when you see it... it's a visual feast for the eyes and the soul. Ghibli at its best - up there with Spirited Away and Totoro, in my opinion.

I just wish I could say the same for films like Howl's Moving Castle and Whisper of the Heart... for some reason I just didn't manage to connect with them like I did the previous two, but they were watchable, at least. I desperately want to catch Grave of the Fireflies, here's hoping Film4 repeat it sometime soon like they've been doing with some of the Ghibli films in the season.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Just finished watching "Jeepers Creepers" and honestly there were points I was watching it at x1.5 and x10 speed without missing anything. The final 35 minutes is great though, a lot of fun if not kind of stupid and you don't need to watch the proceeding hour to understand what is happening because they have a big re-iteration of the first hour right at the start of the climax.

I went on a field trip yesterday and saw 42. It was okay. It was a bit too long, and certain scenes I felt were unecessary. But the man who played Jackie was pretty good and they did a great job telling a realistic version of his story. 7.5/10
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

Finishing off Studio Ghibli Season with these last few titles: Tales from Earthsea, Only Yesterday, Little Norse Prince, Castle in the Sky and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. To be perfectly honest, none of these films really stood out for me... I don't think I can pick a favourite out of these choices, so I won't bother, but that's not to say they weren't good. I just found the other films to be more to my taste. My definitive favourite of this season is The Cat Returns, although Spirited Away and My Neighbour Totoro both deserve a mention. Yep, that's my top three right there.
    Omega Ruby Team and Progress:

Trainer Name: Mayflower

I just watched X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It was an okay movie. I always like the stories behind super-heroes.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Spiralled off slightly with Ghibli season. I missed Laputa and Tales of Earthsea but I managed to catch Nausicaa yesterday, expecting good things.

It was... ok, I suppose. In retrospect it was extremely similar to Mononoke in numerous ways; in terms of themes, plots, even characters. I did end up preferring this one over Mononoke though, since I actually managed to stay awake throughout the film due to its intriguing premise and excellent music. Perhaps just a little too long for my liking, considering how thin on the ground the story was in some places.

So yeah, now with Ghibli season over... favourite is still Spirited Away, with The Cat Returns and Totoro both coming in at second. Kiki's Delivery Service and Only Yesterday also were stand-out films, but I'll have to see just how well the films hold up when I get round to watching them for a second time.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

I saw Evil Dead (the new one) last night. I didn't have much interest in it because it looked like a generic horror re-imagining of the originals. And, to an extent, it was. There was no humor or snark to it. But it did manage to be very reverent and respectful of the originals. It used very similar cinematography and direction. I actually enjoyed it.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

The last movie I saw was Der Untergang. That was dramatic.

Wreck-It Ralph. The nexat one I see SHOULD be Frozen, maybe Planes if it piques my interest.

GI Joe 2

Pretty good, story wasn't fantastic but it had amazing action sequences.

Not enough Bruce Willis, he was only in the film for about 15 mins, people need to take advantage of him before he becomes too old to be badass anymore

7.5/10

Monsters - A monster movie that involves very few actual monsters. This movie is visually awesome! There is a lot of quiet scenes that will make you say wow. Story is a little...eh but there you go. 8/10

A whole lot of movies this weekend @_@

Watched Rise of the Guardians which was pretty good.. touching ;^;

Jack the Giant Slayer: it had me on edge the whole time there was some type of danger xD

X-Men Origins Wolverine: this is like the fifth time I watch it. I still likey <.>

X-Men The Last Stand: Same as the Wolverine one XP I likey >:c

Men In Black 3: Prety good. It still made me shed a tear at the end.

Men In Black 2: Good. Nothing much to say about it but I kinda liked it <.>
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Pokemon M15: Kyurem and the Sword of justice.

It was okay though pretty boring if ye ask me. Rate it 7/10 coz Virizon's VA is Zoey's xD
    Plus since all 4 were like all talking, it was like watching Digimon tbh.
    On the good side, it did have stuff about facing yer fears and all that. Also the White and Black Kyurem were awesome :3 nya~

The last movie I watched was Zero Dark Thirty. It was an awesome film. Now I see why it was the first among the top 25 best films of 2012.

I recently watched Some Ghibli films including Porco Rosso, and Earthsea. Tp be quite honest, my favorite is stil Castle in the Sky, simply becauesit feels the most, surreal yet real, if that's possible.

Also, Wreck-it Ralph

Thank you based Turpoo

Blitz with Jason Statham or however you spelled his name. The actor playing Blitz was pretty entertaining though one of the scenes was a bit disturbing.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Ponyo.

I bought the DVD today :3 It certainly cute! My second favourite Studio Ghibli movie 9.5/10 :3
    Negative is that I don't get why her father looks human and her mom isthe sea goddess. He did mention he was a human once..... but how?! He never explIned why Dx nya~

Page 110 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160 ... LastLast