Page 130 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 4473

Thread: The last movie you saw

Evil Dead (the most recent remake), extremely good Horror film.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Despicable Me 2. It was hilarious movie, and the minions were cute and also funny. 9/10.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

The Wolverine. It was pure awesomeness!

I watched Elysium last week.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
    Well, now I've seen this three times and I still like this movie. We watched this with a friend of mine who hadn't yet seen this. The actors are brilliant and the plot is very complicated and it might also be a bit confusing since there is many things that no one actually says but you have to deduce what has happened about what they have said or left unsaid. Interesting, interesting. And I love the atmosphere in this film: dark colours and feeling of the 1970's, scenes where no one talks and nothing happens, buildings, cars, everything. It's not film for everyone but if you are patient and like to watch something else than typical Hollywood popcorn films, I highly recommend this one.

Just finished watch Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. Long but still a great film.

Harry potter rise of the phoenix (or whatever it is) it was on ITV and their was nothing else on so i thought WTH

Man of steel. Simply epic

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

I really like the movie despite some of the inconsistencies, and it's been a couple of years since I've seen it. The characters are really what brings the film together.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Monsters University, about a week ago. Quite good, it tied into the first film well with all the references. Being a prequel, you know what's going to happen, but how it gets there is actually quite unpredictable. The older characters were handled reasonably well enough, at least you could understand that they are the same characters as the first, especially as they change throughout the film. The new characters were alright but nothing really amazing, though the great character design from the first film still keeps on going here, particularly with the Dean.

The plot was a little cliched though, although there is a play on one of the cliches that satisfied me. It lacked a side plot so it was just about winning the Scare Games - on the one hand, it made the typicalness more apparent, but on the other, the film didn't feel too cluttered. The last part of the film felt a little tacked on to me, but not so much that it felt absolutely unnecessary. The message isn't the kindest, but the 'conclusions' for the characters offset any bitterness, especially if you know the ending to Monsters Inc.

In conclusion, Monsters Inc may not have necessarily needed a prequel, and University isn't quite as good as the first - its plot is more predictable, so it isn't quite as funny and sweet as its predecessor. However, University still works as a pretty good prequel in terms of expanding on the characters we know and love. Oh, and Randall bakes cupcakes. I just had to say that. 8/10
    Last edited by Chibi_Muffin; 22nd August 2013 at 5:22 PM.

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted, a fun romp.

The conjuring.

Not great but not horrible either.

Pacific Rim

Went to see this with little expectations and was positively surprised how entertaining it was. It's hardly the greatest movie ever made but it's a great 2-hour action flick with amazing visuals.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa.

Utterly hilarious. No prior knowledge required.

Watched Shawshack Redemption again on ITV, such a timeless classic.

Watched Battle Royale. Good film though why is it when people get shot right in the chest they still move about. I mean come on is there not one character that when they get shot just die straight away instead of being able to move about as if being shot meant nothing -_-

Napoleon Dynamite

Movie never fails to make me giggle. I put it in to see if it would make me feel better (I've been nauseous all day), and it kinda did. Either way, it brought back memories of my junior high days when it came out and everyone at school and church was quoting it.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

The last movie i went to see at a theater was Man of Steel. Just another action movie, really. The acting was subpar and like most of the other superman movies, superman wasn't that interesting. Although i do believe the guy from Boardwalk Empire who played General Zod probably had the best performance. I was nervous when it was announced that he would play him.

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

Short Circuit

One of my favorite movies, I love it to death. There's just something magical about this film considering this was made in the mid-80s and they built an actual robot to play the main character--a good main character. This movie is perfection in my eyes because of the love and dedication put into it, and I hope that the planned remake stays in development hell.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Kick-Ass 2

If you liked the first one, then you should like this one as well. It has action, blood (kinda), and swearing. What more can you ask for? A nice addition to the series and hopefully this points to a third and final movie based off the comic Kick-Ass 3.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Goodbye Lenin!
    We once watched this at one lecture but never finished but now I had a chance to finally see the whole film. It's about German family who tries to keep up the scenery of East Germany (even though the time of the state has already come to its end) for the sake of their mother. The film is very funny and also a bit sad. There's plenty of delicious scenes in which the main character tries to come up with new ideas and explanations so the mother won't get suspicious. Even though it's funny, it's funny in a bit cruel way. Black humor, I would say. Daniel Brühl is great in the leading role and I can't wait the upcoming film Rush in which he plays Niki Lauda, the former F1 driver. I truly recommend this film to everyone because it's also a nice and small piece of Europe's history from not that long time ago.

Saw Elysium at the theater, not as impressive as the trailer had me thinking, but still good.
    Made by me, if you want one then PM or something.

I just finished watching Kick-***, because the sequel is in theaters. The only thought that could really go through my head, like with any movie Christopher Mintz-Plasse is in (which admittedly isn't all that many), was "I am McLovin."

Watched The Dead (the 1987 one). Honestly, I didn't like it at all. The only part I enjoyed (and still only slightly enjoyed) was the monologue about death at the end. 4/10 based of my opinion.

Just finished watching Funny Games (2007) with my grandmother. I really enjoyed this movie, the deconstruction of gore was beautiful and so well done. I hope to watch more movies that interest me soon.

Page 130 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast