Page 136 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 4473

Thread: The last movie you saw

The Original CLASH OF THE TITANS. Kinda weird.
    Y FC- 5413-0952-2905
    Psychic type safari
    Name- Devon

Better SIG coming soon.

The last movie I saw in theater was Les Miserables (I don't get a chance to see many movies), but the last movie I watched in general was Maria Full of Grace

8tracks Tumblr
    The world is full of kings and queens
    Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams

For me, the last movie I watched was my new DVD copy of (500) Days of Summer.

I love this movie. I am a huge Joseph Gordon-Levitt fan, in my opinion, he is the best actor working in Hollywood today. He's actually my current inspiration as an aspiring actor myself when I eventually try my big shot at fame.

Now, going into the movie, it actually helped me deal with a personal problem, and help me get over a girl I had been pining over for the last five years since 2008. I came to the realization that if I had gotten with this girl, our relationship would have ended up just like Tom and Summer's relationship in that movie. So yeah, this girl (her name was Paige, by the way) was my Summer, now I'm just waiting for my Autumn.

The Last Stand
    I was kind of surprised that Arnold returned to action movies , other than in ,,The Expendables" and ,,The Expendables 2" (I thought those 2 movies were like Schwarzenegger's last film at first ,but I'm glad that he has more to come).
    Latest shiny: 2300 eggs and 600+ FS encounters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakphoon™
    Flash Fire Typhlosion is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybird View Post

I love this movie. I am a huge Joseph Gordon-Levitt fan, in my opinion, he is the best actor working in Hollywood today. He's actually my current inspiration as an aspiring actor myself when I eventually try my big shot at fame.

Now, going into the movie, it actually helped me deal with a personal problem, and help me get over a girl I had been pining over for the last five years since 2008. I came to the realization that if I had gotten with this girl, our relationship would have ended up just like Tom and Summer's relationship in that movie. So yeah, this girl (her name was Paige, by the way) was my Summer, now I'm just waiting for my Autumn.
    It's on my pile of DVD's to watch, but I'm looking forwards to it.

I just watched To The Wonder. Really frustrating, as it's such a gorgeous film, and there's so much to like about it, but the voice over (in 3 languages), and the general lack of structure just make it feel like an hour and 40 minute montage sequence.

The New Daughter... And my dear, is it horrible? Possible the WORST movie I've watched this year. I was curious about the movie and it was fine until, like, middle to the end. But the ending... It's simply HORRIBLE! I don't believe I've watched such a bad movie.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
    My dead... I cannot watch this thing? Everytime I watched, I would sleep, and I'm serious! I don't know what's so good in him?

Gravity, or as Tropes put it, 90 Minutes of the Universe Trying to Kill Sandra Bullock.

It was alright.
    Last edited by Endolise; 28th October 2013 at 5:27 PM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Recently saw American History X as part of our psychology course... which makes no sense on reflection.

It was ok, some interesting points raised but was quite difficult to watch at times and the plot was a little difficult to follow.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku View Post
    Ender's Game

Uhm. A bit disappointing. It made it seem like the events of the book happened in a number of days instead of years. It ripped out most of the book and shoved a few inaccuracies in instead. Made me feel like I was watching Eragon again x__x bad versions of adaptions... course it wont change my opinion of Harrison Ford though <3
    That's what I was afraid of.

Reign of Fire

Cool movie. Nice special effects. The plot was interesting. And most important, the dragons looked epic.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Gravity

In five words: What could possibly go RIGHT?

Thank you based Turpoo

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Recently saw American History X as part of our psychology course... which makes no sense on reflection.

It was ok, some interesting points raised but was quite difficult to watch at times and the plot was a little difficult to follow.
    Surely the psychology that goes into ultra nationalism and racism. What factors drive and motivate people to have those ideas, and the way propaganda and ideas are shared, for example with the gigs they put on.

Hoowever I didn't think it was overly complex plot wise. There's a few different timelines, with his early life, his prison time and current life, but it was very clear which was which and none were overly complicated.

We finally finished watching the Kenneth Branagh version of Hamlet in English today and I have to say it was a very well done movie. Sure, there were a few corny parts, but the acting was really phenomenal, the scenery was perfect for the play, and it was just generally fun to watch. Plus it helped me understand Hamlet. I'd give it a solid 8/10.

it was four hours long though

Jurassic Park III

I know this movie got a lot of hate, but I still really like it, even though it isn't my favorite in the franchise.
    #AlphaSapphire
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

The Firm, the original one with Gary Oldman rather than the remake. I really liked it, and I feel the late 80's TV production aesthetic really helped add a sense of legitimacy as it was a bit murky, a bit gritty and not really polished.

toy story 3. i still tear up at the end sniffle...

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Frustrating, much like To The Wonder which I previously mentioned. Visually great, and there's definitely something there, but it's so slow and long it's really hard to hold interest.

I watched the first X-Men film the other day, in preparation for Days of Future Past. I liked it.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Star of Milos, Can I say "crazy as hell"?!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku View Post
    Ender's Game

Uhm. A bit disappointing. It made it seem like the events of the book happened in a number of days instead of years. It ripped out most of the book and shoved a few inaccuracies in instead. Made me feel like I was watching Eragon again x__x bad versions of adaptions... course it wont change my opinion of Harrison Ford though <3
    The events of the book were condensed into only a very short amount of time. It seemed like there was only a month for all the book's events to happen in the movie instead of five years in the book. Which hurt the story.

Ender's Game was the last movie I saw. As a serious fan of the book series, it did not do the story justice at all.

Monsters University
    I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised. I really did not think that this movie would do the original M.inc. justice, but they handled it quite well in my opinion.
    #AlphaSapphire

I had to watch the movie Amistad a few weeks ago for my US History class. Historically accurate, good acting, Morgan Freeman, and an overall enjoyable experience.

Did I mention Morgan Freeman?
    The only Nesquik you'll ever see in 3D.

I am a proud Catholic.

Shiny Charmander! Hatched via Masuda Method on 3/7/13
    Shiny Corphish! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Skrelp! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Horsea! Chain fished on 10/31/13 (Guess this is my Halloween treat)
    Shiny Frogadier! Random encounter in Friend Safari on 11/2/13 (Modest nature and 31 IV in speed)
    Shiny Tyrunt! Hatched via Masuda Method on 11/9/13

Want my Friend Code? Here it is:
    3DS: 1891-1325-6982
    White 2: 3397 1588 5337 Peter

Rewatched the original Thor on Netflix in anticipation of the new sequel this Friday.

Saw Philomena at the Cinema. Really enjoyed it, though it was a lot more sombre than the trailer made it out to be, though I don't consider that a bad thing.

Then watched 500 Days of Summer on saturday. Again really enjoyed it, and I quite liked the structure of it.

The Crater Lake Monster

.....Wow....

My advice, do not watch this. The monster was so bad I felt stupid sitting there watching it. The acting was so incredibly moronic. And the people didn't even scream when the monster was coming at them. Spare yourselves.
    #AlphaSapphire

Wicked City

Actually knew of this because of a trailer a classmate years back showed for a presentation of sorts (can't remember what for), pointing out where he got his inspiration to be an artist and all that. It was clips of this anime movie and Ninja Scroll, the director's previous work I have seen earlier this year and enjoyed, that he showed. I'm 21 now, but as an 18-year-old, while I knew of works like that, I had never seen anything like it before and I didn't want to see it because of how cautious I am with what I want to see. Well... I still don't like watching anime like that, but I've seen more clips of this and all that, and I didn't find them to be that shocking once I got down to it (it's an erotic horror/thriller movie). I'm sure they were at the time, but now it's a bit... I wouldn't say tame, but it's not that surprising. It's not a hentai, but his works get pretty close to it, to be honest.

Ehh... story wasn't that great, and characters were kinda... meh. Animation is okay, has an interesting and rather unique style, but it's aged a bit (like with Ninja Scroll). I'm sure there are people who hold this with some regard (like the previously-mentioned classmate), but I don't exactly see it. Ninja Scroll I at least did, but not with this one. And it's funny, because Ninja Scroll was made in 1993--this one was back in 1987. You'd think one would have more of a historical significance than the other, but eh.

If you want to go watch it, just be forewarned of the mature content, and of the occasional flashing backgrounds. I can only imagine how bad it looks on the television screen, but it got annoying on the computer screen. So those prone to epileptic seizures should probably avoid it. (The flashing backgrounds probably are part of the reason why the movie's aged in terms of animation.)

Also, the voice actors who played Gennai and Gatomon/Angewomon from the English dub of Digimon are in this movie (as a perverted old man and demon-like spider woman, respectively). Prepare for some wacky imaginations that may ruin your childhood. Or was that just me who had that?
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Page 136 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast