Page 138 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 4353

Thread: The last movie you saw

Quote Originally Posted by jbthedelirious View Post
    Watched Winter's Bone last night. It was really good, and Jennifer Lawrence was amazing.
    I've been meaning to see that, I have a huge crush on Jennifer Lawrence. I know she was nominated for an Oscar for her performance in that movie, but she lost to Natalie Portman in Black Swan. However, Lawrence made up for it when she won her Oscar for Silver Linings Playbook two years later. I actually bought a DVD copy of Silver Linings Playbook yesterday, I'm going to watch it tonight before I go to bed. (I have seen it once before when it was in theaters.)

Quote Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
    I've been meaning to see that, I have a huge crush on Jennifer Lawrence. I know she was nominated for an Oscar for her performance in that movie, but she lost to Natalie Portman in Black Swan. However, Lawrence made up for it when she won her Oscar for Silver Linings Playbook two years later. I actually bought a DVD copy of Silver Linings Playbook yesterday, I'm going to watch it tonight before I go to bed. (I have seen it once before when it was in theaters.)
    I have feeling she's going to turn out to be one of the greats. I mean she's very attractive, funny and she's a great actress. Speaking of which, I can't wait to see Catching Fire and X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Anyways, I just finished watching Les Miserables: In Concert at the Royal Albert Hall for the I-don't-how-many time. I love the cast in this version, there's a reason it's called the Dream Cast. Lea Salonga will always be my favorite Eponine, always. Of course, I love pretty much everything Lea Salonga does.

8tracks Tumblr
    The world is full of kings and queens
    Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams

I saw Grown Ups 2 the other day. All I can say is that the movie is ridiculously absurd. There is not a moment when you are not laughing.
    Black version FC:2280-1120-8236
    3DS FC:3136-6693-5960
    IV breeding service ready (6th Gen)
    Friend Safari Type Fire: Pansear, Pyroar, and Braxien
    EV Training, Cloning, and EV Wiping services now open, just feel free to ask! (5th Gen)
    Timezone: Central Time
    Might not be on much, I'm starting up on a bunch of applications.
    My trade shop (5th Gen):http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ess-trade-shop

Ender's Game
    Very nice, despite the fact they left out a lot of things.

Battleship
    I was surprised that I actually liked it. Cool special effects, even though it really was not like the board game at all.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Stand By Me at the cinema for the second time this year. Absolutely adore this film.

Rewatched the Avengers and still think it's one of the best films I've ever seen! Seeing the new Thor film this week too

I watched Thor: The Dark World today and it was pretty good. I loved most of it, except for two confusing scenes: The final battle and the end. Also stayed for after the credits, since Marvel always puts an extra scene after the credits about the next movie, and it was mysterious but it got me interested.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

I literally just got finished watching White House Down. One of the best movies i've seen. No Doubt!!!!!
    On punishment wont be on till off, sorry!!!!
    FC: 3179-7235-3277. FS: Poison. Pokemon In Fs:Kakuna, Swalot and Whirlipede
    I've claimed the blaring Noivern.
    Looking For: Pinsir, Nuzleaf, Vullaby, Pachirisu, Clefairy, Mankey, Throh, Sawk,, Rufflet, Sawsbuck, Toxicroak, and Munna,

Looking For a League to Join. Please pm if you are looking for leaders

Watched Silver Linings Playbook last night.

I love this movie. It's great to see Bradley Cooper break away from his more traditional comedic roles in movies like Wedding Crashers, Yes Man, The A-Team, and The Hangover movies and make movies where he tries his hand at serious drama. Plus, Jennifer Lawrence is great in this movie, the movie that won her her first Oscar. Plus, that huge dance scene at the end, makes me realize why guys like me are so attracted to Ms. Jennifer Lawrence.

This is why I can't wait to see her performances again in her upcoming movies The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, American Hustler, where she will reunite with her Silver Linings Playbook director and co-stars David O. Russell, Bradley Cooper, and Robert De Niro, respectively, as well as acting alongside greats such as Christian Bale, Amy Adams, and Jeremy Renner in that same movie, Serena, where she will reunite with Cooper again to play his wife in a drama set during the Great Depression and finds out she is barren and cannot have kids, as well as X-Men: Days of Future Past, since I really loved X-Men: First Class and her performance in that movie.

The Wolverine - 6.5/10

It definitely wasn't what I expected, turned out to be a mash up of a love story and The Last Samurai.

" You called me out upon the waters
    The great unknown, Where feet may fail
    And there I find You in the mystery
    In oceans deep, my Faith will stand ..."

"Man of Steel". Wasn't bad. Before that, I think the last new movie I saw was either "Pacific Rim" (which I love) or "World War Z"
    Regigigas fan

Spoiler:- Recent Shinies ^_^:

I have claimed Metroplex (TF:FoC) and Darksiders

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Thor: The Dark World

It was alright but somehow I feel it was lacking something. The first one was better for sure but this wasn't bad either, just not quite what I was hoping for.

7/10.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

I rewatched The Hunger Games (it used to be one of my favorites) today... Overall, I don't like it as much as I did when I first saw it, but it's still a good watch.

I'd give it a 7.5/10.

“May the stars shine down on you.” - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

Wreck-it Ralph (2012)

It was really good.
    Because it was Retro-game themed.

8/10!

I felt naught a thing for these characters. The plot was rather predictable, and the comedy felt out of place.

Star Trek: Into Darkness. Amazing movie. Was wondering if anyone suspected that the ship behind Jupiter was the Borg Ship? o.O Anyway, 9.5/10
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

A Few Good Men. I've seen it before, but it's still a fantastic movie.
    3DS FC: 4871-3342-0587

Safari Type

Spoiler:- CANNOT BE UNSEEN:

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post

It was alright but somehow I feel it was lacking something. The first one was better for sure but this wasn't bad either, just not quite what I was hoping for.

7/10.
    I thought the first one was beyond boring. I give that one a 5/10. This one was amazing. 9/10 for me

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitt View Post
    A Few Good Men. I've seen it before, but it's still a fantastic movie.
    Agreed. My only minor issue was clearly there was a sub plot involving a romance with Cruise and Moore's characters that was removed, but still had little traces in scenes left in.

Howl's Moving Castle: 4.5/5
    + Animation is beautiful (for a 9 year old DVD)
    + All of the main characters are likable
    + Rich detail in the settings
    + Good voice acting
    - The plot gets confusing at the very end

The Purge: 1.5/5
    + Fresh concept
    + The fake news bytes were a nice touch
    + Dat table head smash
    - Not scary or tense
    - I wanted everyone but Cersei Lannister to die
    - For such an in-depth concept, it takes a lot of impossibilities for this film to happen

Looper: 4/5
    + JGL is fantastic
    + Interesting plot
    + If you get lost, the film will update you in some parts to keep you on track
    + Thought-provoking

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Don Jon

Mixed bag really, liked some of it, but some of it felt a little cliched, but that was possibly by design. Nice use of repetition, nice coming of age element, interesting how the characters end up being the opposite of how they think they are to begin with, I guess you could almost say a deconstruction of the rom com too. Just one I imagine will be a bit awkward, especially for couples. I imagine a few arguments could result if girlfriends start asking about their boyfriends 'online activities' (to avoid using a more crude term)

Last week i went to see the private screening of the New Thor movie in 3D with my older brother, who won 2 tickets to go see it.

Let me just say, the endng.. ~PLOT TWIST~
    Pride is Unnecessary; Humble is bold
    3DS Friend Code: 1934-0895-1544 PM me if you add; Friend Safari (XL) Fire - Charmeleon/Fletchinder/Growlithe

Turbo
    Honestly....way too much hype for this

Epic
    This one was totally A rip off of Arthur and the Invisibles but here's the thing....This one was actually pretty good. Very nice visuals, a plot that can hold your attention and a decent villain.

Man of Steel
    Its a re-watch, but it was still very good.

The Story of Seabiscuit
    What I was actually awake for was decent, but I was kind of exhausted from the day's work so I kinnda fell asleep for the end.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Bad Grandpa
    It was a hilarious movie, really enjoyed it. I recommend it to everyone who loves comedy.

OXIII MK7 Race Hub ~ 69-7030-4607-1242
        Spoiler:- Contact Info:

Page 138 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast