Page 139 of 177 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 4415

Thread: The last movie you saw

How to train your Dragon : Book of Dragons.
    I think I want either a Changewing or a skrill to train.
    My Tumbur http://spiritdreamdoodlesandlifeblog.tumblr.com/

Gone til the 15 of December see you then!

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    Turbo
    Honestly....way too much hype for this
    Definitely agree!

Last watched the new Thor film, was uhhhmazing!

Thor: The Dark World. 8/10.

It isn't an absolutely terrific movie, but was still everything I wanted. I pray for another one, because we need more Loki. The acting and special effects were pretty much spot-on. Kind of cheesy, though.

Spoiler:- This is a spoiler. Watch out.:

The Incredibles. 9/10.

This was a rewatch of yet another amazing Pixar movie. Animation can't get much better than this. Certain characters got a little bumpy at times, but it's mostly imperceptible. Humorous references are humorous (John Jay, holier-than-thou speeches, etcetera).
    ~Fact of the Whenever~
    Life gives you lemons because a large portion of humanity wasn't thankful for the grapes it already had. Please treat all fruit with respect.

They Were 11

A mid-to-late 80s sci-fi anime movie that I found looking through someone's list on MAL. I decided to check it out and watched it (months after I found it), and I wasn't disappointed. A couple of the reviews said it was like Lost in Space, but as I haven't watched the show nor the movie, I didn't notice (though I thought of 2001: A Space Odyssey for some reason, though it's anything but). But basically, it's about this group of people who are testing into a space academy and they have to partake in their final test for 53 days, and if one of them fails, they all fail. There were only supposed to be ten people on the ship, but an eleventh person managed to sneak in, and they don't know who it is. In the meantime, the ship they're on is covered in bombs and dangerous plants, and they start to suspect each other--some more than others.

It's better than it sounds, trust me. A couple of twists made me sit back in my seat and blink, so I wouldn't say the movie's predictable. I watched it subbed since that's what I found on YouTube, though there is a dub on DVD. Worth checking it out, especially for the sci-fi folks.

8/10
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Fargo

Loved it, nice mix of humour and drama.

man of steel was the last movie i have seen and it was total waste by all the means

Man of Steel

Well, I'm not a big fans of Superman, but it was nice movie though. 8/10.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Gremlins.

Learned one of the greatest lessons of my life with this movie, if your father gives you a Mogwai as a pet, DON'T FEED IT AFTER MIDNIGHT!
    "That man won't quit as long as he can still draw breath, none of my teammates will. Me? I've got a different problem. I feel like I live in a world made of cardboard, always taking constant care not to break something, to break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control for even a moment, or someone could die. But you can take it, can't you, big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose and to show you how powerful I really am."

I watched The Hunger Games: Catching Fire three days ago and it was AMAZING.

Alice in Wonderland
    This sequel, not the original. I have got to say, I think they did a really good job with it. The battle with the Jabberwocky at the end was epic.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Finally watched Pitch Perfect! I don't know why people singing captivates me so much... but it was amazing. I have watched the performance scenes over and over, and the plot was actually really good, too. 9/10
    Sprites by Arkeis, banner by Light Venusaur

Friends stick together, no matter what.

"The Haunting of Silver Creek"
    Most of it seemed like Twilight, but with ghosts. It was supposed to be this scary "protagonist-gets-possessed-by-ghost-and-goes-on-killing-spree" film, but that didn't happen (at least, as far into it as I got. I watched about an hour of it before I got too bored). Bleh. Very mediocre.

"The Lorax"
    I was tricked into watching this through Danny DeVito (I love that fat little goblin-man) and Ed Helms (Love me some American "The Office"). It wasn't very good.

"Bad Grandpa"
    Saw this while on a date. Loved it! Really funny, and has some feels in it for those of you who love feels. Mostly, I am a big fan of Johnny Knoxville.
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
    Love these revolution movies, they did a very nice job. I think Joanna is my favorite HG character now. Gotta say, I cant wait for Mockingjay now.
    #AlphaSapphire
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Bad Granpa, stupidly funny 12/10 XD
    Wait til the diner scene after the penguin....all I'm gonna say

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

I recently re-watched several of the Marvel movies to give them another shot. My opinion of them didn't really change much...

Iron Man trilogy:
    Iron Man: 8.5/10. The best of the series. Origin stories are always difficult to write and interpret properly on the big screen. RDJ is great, the writing was still pretty fresh, and overall I can't think of many things I'd change.
    Iron Man 2: 6.5/10. Still a major disappointment. The writing, the sporadic action scenes and random aspects to the story line. Mickey Rourke was fantastic in it, and was a good villain to counterpart RDJ as Tony Stark, but that's about as far as the redeeming qualities of this movie go.
    Iron Man 3: 5/10. The worst of the series easily. The first parts of it still started things off incredibly well. The first half is an easy 8/10, serving the first movie justice. As the plot attempted to thicken, things got worse. Terrible plot twist, and overall throws the entire first half of the movie in the garbage for the sake of a cheap laugh. Truly disappointing if you ask me, and had even less redeeming qualities than the second. The only one of which being RDJ.

Avengers: 6.5/10. I actually liked it a bit more the second time around, but still disappointing. I don't get all the draw to this movie quite honestly. The first time, I watched it as a comic book fan, and was disappointed. Probably a 5.5/10 the first time around. The second time, I watched it purely as an action movie. Still wasn't thrilled, but I had less expectations for it having seen it before. Sure, the special effects were great, but that doesn't make a movie. The inconsistent momentum of the movie was confusing, but the mindlessly simple plot made it an overall unpleasant experience.

Thor: 7.5/10. Have mixed feelings. Terribly cheesy, but following Norse mythology and the origins of Thor, it would be difficult for it not to be. Overall it did its job, even if it didn't do it in the most flawless way.

Ghost Rider: 10/10 Perfikt movee!!
    3711-7728-5652

Thor: The Dark World

An improvement over the first movie, action-packed with lots of funny scenes and great graphics. Honestly, the special effects were beast! However, the romance between Thor and Jane felt a bit lacking, I enjoyed the interactions between Thor and Loki way more.

Oh, and that twist ending. I really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Thor: The Dark World

An improvement over the first movie, action-packed with lots of funny scenes and great graphics. Honestly, the special effects were beast! However, the romance between Thor and Jane felt a bit lacking, I enjoyed the interactions between Thor and Loki way more.

Oh, and that twist ending. I really enjoyed it.

"It starts as an idea and then becomes a legend."

|.|Join SPPf's Pokémon Animé Style Battling League, where Trainers fight in Pokémon battles to become the very best.

ASB TL3 Trainer
    W/L: 17-0-0

Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

It was wonderful I think. I hate President Snow. Can't wait for Mockingjay. Overall great movie, must watch. 9/10.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    I think Joanna is my favorite HG character now.
    I can see why...
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

The original lion king on blue ray
    the quality is amazing, and the old feels are still there!
    I have a Shiny lickilicky!!!
    safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo and Drifblim[/SIZE]
    I can farm Polar Vivillion[/U]

Jingle all the way.
    I knew what I was getting myself into, I knew it was bad but I didn't want to pass up the opportunity to see it.
    You watch it for Arnold and Sinbad that's it. Haha
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Watched the first two Harry Potters recently. I enjoyed them despite the sheer amount of times I've already watched them! Sometimes its nice to watch some older movies that you know you'll like, instead of being unpleasantly surprised at one you haven't watched before.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Saw Hunger Games: Catching Fire yesterday.

I have to say it was exponentially better than the first one. Both in terms of the story (the way that the actions and consequences actually felt like they meant something this time, the political sub plot, and just the generally more mature story,) and as a piece of film. I found the last one infuriating at times with the overuse of handheld camera, and shaking the camera everytime someone died, at least this time the deaths were more tastefully depicted. My only minor criticism was that I felt some of the themes toutched upon were perhaps a bit mature for a 12a, and I feel had it been a 15 it might have allowed for more of a development on those themes as well as being less restricted by what it can show. But that's just a minor criticism.

The Incredible Spider Man

....Yeah, I haven't seen it 'till now. I really liked it actually. I felt it did the original comics more justice then the previous trilogy.
    #AlphaSapphire

I don't get out to movies much. (I say The Purge, which was an complete waste of ten bucks.)

I think the last good movie I saw was Rise of the Guardians.

Last movie I saw was The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones for the ninth time on a cam version my cousin got. Not the best quality but still better than not owning the movie yet. That was a couple of moths ago, and I promised myself I wouldn't watch it again until I get the DVD when it comes out on December 13th. This has been the longest time between seeing it since I saw it for the second time at the movies with my mum, before I was able to get the cam version. I've loved the books since 2011, and there is only one way to describe this adaption: perfection. In every way, shape and form. From the cast, to the sets, to the score, all of it <3. Anyway I'll stop now before I babble on too long haha.
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ: Hunting:
    -I'm not a mundane: I'm a Shadowhunter! =D
    I have claimed Raichu!

Page 139 of 177 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast