Page 140 of 174 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 4344

Thread: The last movie you saw

Saw the new Thor movie back on Saturday. From what I could actually watch of it (I was sick at the time. Nothing contagious, I'm not an ***), it was pretty good. I thought that Natalie Portman's character was a bit of a Mary Sue and that the romance with her was a little tacked-on. I just didn't like her that much at all. However, I really liked the way Loki was portrayed. I love me some Loki (though, for the record, I am not familiar with the comic books, but I am familiar with and am a big fan of Norse mythology).
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

Marvel Comics takes incredible artistic license as far as actual Norse Mythology is concerned with Thor and Loki.

And yet, they're better a lot than DC. (Wonder Woman is supposed to be an Amazon. Nuff said.)
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Maedar View Post
    Marvel Comics takes incredible artistic license as far as actual Norse Mythology is concerned with Thor and Loki.

Yeah, but I liked it anyway (as little of it as I got to see).
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

Man of Steel.

Held Up starring Jamie Fox.

King of Thorn

Well... that was really interesting. Probably wasn't a good idea to watch it this late because now I'm a bit terrified to go to sleep xD. But it's an interesting anime movie with some really good voice acting (watched it dubbed because the subs I found were kinda iffy anyway, and it was probably for the best I watched it dubbed). Characters were nice, the setting was rather creative, and the ending slapped me upside the head especially since I'm fighting to stay awake. Nice way to mess with my mind, though, I'll give it that.

Now I just need to force myself to sleep... yeah...
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Chalet Girl. I'd seen it before at the cinema, but it was on telly last week, so i'd taped it. It's not a cinematic masterpiece or anything, just a nice feel good, typical-of-the-last-few-years-British-teen-film. And it just so happens I have a real soft spot for that kind of thing.

doctor who day of the doctor
    629:

National Security starring Martin Lawrence and Steve Zahn.

I just saw Catching Fire around three hours ago, then stumbled across this thread. Very good movie btw, worth watching!
    I wonder if killing yourself is the only thing you can control in your entire life, and that's why it's a sin. Because you're beating God at his own game.

-Pete Wentz

I just saw Akira on youtube for the first time. It's such a weird movie, but it's so good at the same time.
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Over The Edge - Billed as a sort of coming of age drama, and whilst there's elements of that, I almost feel it's more a cautionary tale for adults. Cracking soundtrack, very watchable characters, and far more explosions than a coming of age film should ever have. Really liked it.

HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban and HP The Golbet of Fire.

Just got back from seeing Frozen.

It has a few unnecessary characters, a weak villain, and the pacing felt a little bit off, but otherwise, I thought it was a great movie. The animation is absolutely stunning (especially during Elsa's song "Let it Go"), the songs are memorable (although it bothered me that almost all of them came near the beginning of the movie - again, going back to the uneven pacing), the voice acting is great, and I loved the relationship between Anna and Elsa. Definitely the highlight of the movie.
    Also, Olaf the snowman was a lot funnier than I thought he would be. I thought he would be the annoying Kid-Appeal Character of the movie that we see in so many animated movies (especially Disney), but I literally laughed at almost everything that came out of his mouth (including his song "In Summer"). But who knows? Maybe I just have a poor sense of humor. Personally, I thought Sven the reindeer felt more like the annoying Kid-Appeal Character, and I didn't care for him.

8.5/10

The way way back- I liked it it was a bit slow at the start but I thought the guy called Owen was really funny

Offering:
    Looking for
    My 3ds fc:4441 9598 4755

I saw Frozen, definitely my pick for the Academy Award for Best Animated feature.
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

Just saw Frozen. Thought it was just some shitty CG movie trying to copy Tangled's successful formula adding a little dose of annoying little snowman.

I was right, about the snowman part anyway. Everything else was great. It was a subvertapalooza of classic Disney princess tropes. And I seriously did not see those twists coming. Loved the trolls. They reminded me of those little funny ones found in The King of Elfland's Daughter.

Elsa is best girl.

Sharknado
    Please, no XD All the unnecessary Jaws references. The god awful CGI, just no.

The Sandlot 2
    Some of the kids in this were terrible actors, but the movie was decent overall.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Pacific Rim

is rly good
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Dragon Ball Z: Broly - Second Coming

I just watched Lawrence of Arabia in a theater in HD. It's a truly amazing movie. Although I did get kind of tired after the first two hours. 7.5/10

Saw the Hunger Games: Catching Fire last night with some friends. I thought it was pretty good and faithful to the book. A good adaptation and consistent with the first film.
    "There is a tide in the affairs of men.
    Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
    Omitted, all the voyage of their life
    Is bound in shallows and in miseries.
    On such a full sea are we now afloat,
    And we must take the current when it serves,
    Or lose our ventures."
    -William Shakespeare Julius Caesar

The last movie I saw was cloud atlas

Tumblr - MyAnimeList - Youtube
    Friend Code: 1521-3326-6342

The Nutty Professor
    Very funny. Stupid, but funny.

Daddy Day Camp
    A bit over the top at times, but it wasn't supposed to be overly serious.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Page 140 of 174 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150 ... LastLast