Page 144 of 177 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 4411

Thread: The last movie you saw

The Happening.

Oh god, this was awful.

99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

mewtwo awaken of genincect

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post
    Right. I've never been a huge fan of those kinds of movies, so I'm not really the right person to judge them. It just seems like nearly everything in it has already been done to death. Not just film-wise, but from modern day media in general. I can't help but feel biased towards these things.
    I don't think you necessarily need to say something new to be deemed good. For that sort of film it's the common problems and feelings that are explored that make them work. It's about being able to relate to longing for love, or a parents divorce, or a need to find yourself, or being the loner, or alternatively the satisfaction that comes with someone going on a journey from being a not nice guy and having the moment of realisation, and then the payoff when they change. It's all very much based on people being able to releate and connect to it emotonally and make that emotional investment into it.

Yes you can make a film with a grander scope and other story and incorporate elements into it, the later harry potter films for example, but the coming of age element falls into the background. The Way Way Back is the kind of film it is, and I think to view it for anything other than what it is is kind of missing the point. It does what it does and does it well.

The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug. It was an epic movie! Some people say it's the worst out of all five LOTR films so far, however, I disagree. ( I must be Colress. XD) Dat cliff-hanger ending though.

CLUE
    Love the board game and the movie adaption.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Elysium never really was into it don't waste your time with this movie

Oblivion didn't really understand the movie but its better than Elysium still both of these movies are a pass imo
    3DS FC 1220 - 6490 - 8008

Disney's A Christmas Carol. The only Christmas movie I've seen this season. I started out really liking it but then gradually started to dislike it. The animation seemed pretty good and detailed but then it turned into uncanny valley when the first ghost appeared (apparently straight from a last-gen video game.) I've never read the book, but apparently it stayed faithful to it, which is good. It was way more terrifying than I ever expected. Jim Carrey was also very recognizable as Scrooge, so that's a plus. 2/5.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by cookies kill you View Post
    Elysium never really was into it don't waste your time with this movie

Oblivion didn't really understand the movie but its better than Elysium still both of these movies are a pass imo
    Oblivion was worth watching in my opinion, though mostly for those who like science fiction. For others, it can be passed.

I most recently saw Ender's Game, which is worth watching for those who like the book series, partly because it follows the book very well (with some differences, but not too much). Another that might be a pass for those who aren't fans of science fiction. Now, if they ever make a good Speaker for the Dead movie, that would be a must see. I'd hate to have them do a bad job with it though.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

I just saw The Nightmare Before Christmas for the first time. I enjoyed it. I can't say I would watch it again. It was fun. 7/10

Bad Santa starring Billy Bob Thornton and Bernie Mac.

Apocalypse Now. 100000/10

WOW. wow. wow. wow. wow. wow. What an incredible, disturbing and sad film. Some scenes came very close to moving me to tears, which I've never done before from a movie. Just such a powerful and almost psychedelic film that so intensely portrays the brutality and madness of war and the effects on soldiers.
    "There is a tide in the affairs of men.
    Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
    Omitted, all the voyage of their life
    Is bound in shallows and in miseries.
    On such a full sea are we now afloat,
    And we must take the current when it serves,
    Or lose our ventures."
    -William Shakespeare Julius Caesar

FINALLY get to watch that first Pokemon movie. Been scouting through the DVD stores to no avail. I've already watched all the other movies except for that.

Now I can see why that scene had so much impact. :'(

Oh, and watched the Genesect movie before the first movie. It was terrible in my opinion. It's as if they're just... there, watching Mewtwo and Genesect battling each other.

In honor of Mystica
    3DS FC: 3926-5714-3675 | Y IGN: Tempus

Latest movie I have seen has been 47 Ronin. Its actually pretty good. Not exactly my type of movie, but it was amazing X3
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Mickey's Christmas Carrol! After YEARS!!! I loved to watch it again! Probably my favorite Christmas based movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post
    The Way Way Back. 6.5/10.

Everybody in this movie is absolutely mental. Disregarding the hilarity that ensues, it was completely unsatisfying and unoriginal. The stereotypical angst that was employed makes my face hurt.
    I absolutely loved this movie! It's disappointing to hear you didn't care for it very much.

Saw Saving Mr Banks the other day. I personally had no interest in it but my dad wanted to go so I went because I enjoy going to the movies. It was one of the better films I've seen this year. Really enjoyed it.
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

Oz the Great and Powerful.

Re-watched The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

The Iceman, featuring Michael Shannon. It is somehow decent for a mafia type of movie in the current decade.

Zoroark: Master of Illusions

9/10
    Mainly because of its animation, and, have not watched a pokémon movie has ages. Lovely! Zorua is soooo cute! And, what is this Shuppet, dear!

Anchorman 2 - a bit hit and miss, but generally entertaining.

The Longest Yard starring Adam Sandler and Chris Rock.

A Christmas Story, it really is a holiday classic.

Most Candles Burn Out... But I Don't

Who Framed Rodger Rabbit
    Love this movie.

Monsters University
    I was too lazy to change out the DVD in the player and I didn't feel good, so this movie played like 4 times over the course of the day.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Identity Thief. It was pretty funny. XD

Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Page 144 of 177 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154 ... LastLast