Page 30 of 174 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Thread: The last movie you saw

The last 2 movies I saw were Red Tails and Star Wars: Phantom Menace. Both were pretty awesome.
    Special thanks to Sworn Metalhead for the epic banner.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I have to psycho-analyze one of the characters, but beyond that, I enjoyed it greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I have to psycho-analyze one of the characters, but beyond that, I enjoyed it greatly.
    That is a really great movie, it really let's you see how Psycho Wards really were years ago, plus the different types of problems the people there have, and how they were dealt with. The main nurse always drove me nuts...

I watch this movie every chance I get.

Decided to re-watch Captivity. It was still an all right film the second go around, but still remains sub-par.

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/2gvkkd4.jpg[/IMG]
    snarky hipster tennis boys
    claimscreditstumblr
    fukubuchou

The Vow for the school newspaper's movie review. Yay for more carbon-copy romance movies.

Pokémon Quiz Bowl. It's a thing.

Every time you have a bad day, just go to Advanced Search, enter "Him in the Court" in the User Name box, and voila.
    I claim Vanillite because it is best Pokémon.

PEOPLE OF EARTH -- WE ARE YOUR ZILTOIDIAN OVERLORDS.
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

The Secret World of Arrietty

I won't give too much away since it just came out to America today, but I will say I like it. It's no Spirited Away, but the art's gorgeous like always, and the sounds are really neat. Things that sound normal and rather quiet to us are really booming for a Borrower, which I thought was really clever of them to add that detail. The story's nothing new if you've read The Borrowers, so it's more of a type of... well, I don't think it's a drama, per say, it is based off the fantasy novel, but yeah, I don't know the genre to put this movie in. Still, it's a nice movie, it made me laugh here and there. Hiromasa Yonebayashi did a great job as director, here's to hoping he makes more films.

The music makes everything enchanted, though Disney must've added some new-age music in the beginning and ending or something, it did kinda ruin the mood it was setting. Speaking of the Disney dub, it was an okay dub, nothing spectacular. There weren't a lot of characters in the movie, there was really the main six and a few side ones. So it's easy to pick a favorite.

If you're a fan of Studio Ghibli, do go see it. It's very beautiful to look at, and it is a bit of a relief to see a 2D animated movie, even if it's from another country.

9.5/10
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

The Muppets.

Despite being targeted at kids this still made the effort to include older audiences cracking the odd few references only us who grew up watching them would understand.

The overall plot suited perfect and pretty much reflected on the actual franchise since it's died down over recent years.

It was funny, cheerful and at one point quite emotional.

Overall a great movie and a great way to bring back the Muppets franchise.

8/10.

Went to see the Phantom Menace 3D

To be honest, I don't really understand why people hate the prequels so much, they seem quite good, although I haven't seen the 3 origonal films so that might explain it.

The green hornet
    Add me
    PokeMon Y
    3ds FC:4656 7424 7974

as i'm typing this out, I'm watching lord of the rings: the two towers.

good movie.

Ghost Rider 2
    Nice entertaining movie. A fun time. It's fun watching Nick Cage let loose once in a while.

LOL Twinkies are forever!

So true!

The last movie I saw in theaters was "The Artist", which was fabulous.

Last movies I watched at home were "Whip It" and "Juno".

I saw a couple movies recently. Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark was first. I have always liked the series so i'll probably watch the rest at a later date. I also watched The Italian Job which was pretty good. Then i watched Death Note which was kind of weird and also annoying to watch because it was in Japanese.

I just saw The Hunt for Red October and Scarface. They were both good movies, but personally I liked the latter better.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Not my favorite Harry Potter movie, but I do like it a lot.

I just rewatched my second favourite movie on VHS, Pokemon 2000, "The Power of One". My favourite movie is "Mewtwo Strikes Back." "The Power of One" is still as awesome as always. The mini-movie is cute and funny, and the main movie is also great. There are lots of PokeShipping hints, and I am a true PokeShipper. And even aside from the PokeShipping, I love the movie. Lugia is one of my favourite legendary Pokemon, and the other birds are awesome as well. If I have to rate this perfect movie, it gets a deserved 10/10. Rewatching old Pokemon movies (only the ones with Misty and without May, Max, Dawn, Iris and Cilan) never gets boring and is always awesome, especially the first two movies.

Drive. That was intense. That's all I can come up with.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

That Justin Timberlake time movie, was much better than expected.

Last three, all on the same day, so, yes, it counts.

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance - 4/10
    Lack luster villain/s, poor character delivery, disappointing (most times) cinematography, and a story line that could have been played out better.
    The one positive was the look of the Ghost Rider, albeit the jittery movement, much like that of the girl from "The Ring."

This Means Was - 8/10.
    For a romantic comedy/action flick, it was fairly decent. Tom Hardy (Tuck) was, at times, overshadowed by Chris Pine (FDR), as far as character screen time goes. The action was mostly between the two, and head-to-head combat was carried out nicely. The villain was fairly down played, but he was only a minor story plot. The humor was good, but fell short at times.

Bad Teacher - 6/10.
    It's not a movie in which you can have high expectations, but it does deliver a few good laughs. Some unneeded characters, and some bland epiphany moments. A bit raunchy here and there, but, eh, what isn't in this age.

Courageous
    That is a good movie... though not as good as The Adventures of Tintin!
    Last edited by 3D992; 20th February 2012 at 12:02 AM. Reason: minor typo
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

I used to liek mudkipz, then I took an arrow in the knee. However the arrow turned out to be a seaking. It yelled "F*** yeah" so I screamed "FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!". The seaking's face became that of a troll while mine became forever alone. The situation was super effective.

The Muppets.

That brought back a lot from my childhood

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Casper

This is still the only movie about animated ghosts that I've ever liked. Very comical

The Secret World of Arrietty
    B/W 2 Dream team : begining stages

I belive in my lord Christ

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. It was boring, but it had a cute factor about it from the books.

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/2gvkkd4.jpg[/IMG]
    snarky hipster tennis boys
    claimscreditstumblr
    fukubuchou

Finding Nemo

Page 30 of 174 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast