Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Meowth's Scrafty Tactics! (704)

Two questions:

1. Is that the first time for someone to try to catch Meowth?

2. Is that the first time for him to be in a pokeball?

Quote Originally Posted by starshapes View Post
    I noticed that as well. Sometimes I wonder about quality control. How does a mistake like that not get corrected. Like if I was the VA, I would realize that I messed up and retake the scene. How it gets past him and everyone else is mind-boggling.
    The problem is, with Jimmy Zoppi it's entirely possible he did it deliberately.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Could someone explain to me why James suddenly has a speech impediment?

That is not how you pronounce "schedule."
    Quote Originally Posted by starshapes View Post
    I noticed that as well. Sometimes I wonder about quality control. How does a mistake like that not get corrected. Like if I was the VA, I would realize that I messed up and retake the scene. How it gets past him and everyone else is mind-boggling.

Regardless, this was a great episode. Among other things, I'm glad we got some Snivy screen-time and Scraggy learned a new move.
    The problem is, with Jimmy Zoppi it's entirely possible he did it deliberately.
    One little mistake isn’t that much of a big deal; I’d be shocked to find out that the Japanese version never made a pronunciation mistake in all of its 14 ˝ years. Either mistaken or deliberate, mispronouncing one word shouldn’t ruin the episode or James’ character (whatever his character is at this point). I’m more concerned about why James needs a spy camera to take a picture of the train schedule. Surely a famous subway station would have that info on their website (and they should have a website, Unova is New York after all).

---

Any ways, I really like this episode. It’s nice seeing Meowth act like his old self again (minus being part of TR, that is). The dub made sure to use his previous way of talking (if Nyarth can say ”Nya” after most sentences, why can’t Meowth say “dig it”?), as he isn’t entertaining at all talking like BW Meowth. Meowth was always meant to be entertaining, so seeing a return to form is great. I like his negotiating side, which makes sense considering the times he’d try to convince the Pokémon of the day to work with TR (and succeeding on occasion).

While Ash is always a forgiving idiot, at least Pikachu is smart enough not to trust Meowth right away. The way Meowth was sweet talking the twerp trio makes it so obvious what a faker he is. I don’t think Scraggy ever seen Team Rocket before, so that plus being a baby makes Scraggy not hating Meowth make sense. I remember Snivy escaping easily from Team Rocket in its debut episode, but I can’t remember her fighting TR once she knew they were thieves.

I use to not like Scraggy, but he was so adoriable hanging out with his fellow gangster. I sort of wish Scraggy didn’t learn High Jump Kick so easily, as it could of made a nice training arch of Ash and Scraggy practicing at the begging of each episode before the plot happens. I guess if Axew can instantly master Outrage then Scraggy can instantly master High Jump Kick.

This Scrafty in the episode was very enjoyable. Need help taking back your home? Kidnap a child and stick it in your pants! When I saw Scrafty using the bottle cap, I immediently thought of pre-BW James (I miss him!). Seeing Scrafty enthusiastically teach Scraggy High Jump Kick show that Scrafty isn’t a bad Pokémon, it just has an odd way of asking for help. Speaking of getting help, it makes since that it needed it, considering how easily Tepig KO’d it. If an evolved Pokémon can’t beat a liitle Tepig, then there is no way it can beat an evolved Pokémon with a type advantage.

You gotta love Iris. First she tells a person to weaken a Pokémon before catching it, and then just randomly throw a Pokeball at what she wants to catch without a battle. At least Meowth told her off afterwards. Meowth is independent and like to be treated as an equal to his teammates, not as a lowly servant. Plus, there is the issue of future episodes that I won’t spoil.

Overall. I really like the episode and return of Pre-BW Meowth. I will cherish these moments while I can. I’m a fan of Meowth, by the way, so I’ll enjoy watching his arch in English.

And yes, I agree with the people who say Meowth and Cilan should have their own detective show; that seen was great.
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

All Hail Meowth!
    Trophy made by Pika22

If you want the funny pre-Black & White Team Rocket back in the Anime,
    copy and paste this into your signature. *Started by Sapphire Kirby*

And yes, I realize that, besides the Radio Show, the chances of that happening now are less than zero.

I'm busy with life outside the internet; I won't be on often

Scrafty's dub voice sounded good to me, sounded similar to Scraggy just a little more mature.

Mandibuzz's dub voice was fine to me, nothing great to me though.

The pronunciations of Scrafty and Mandibuzz was just as I thought.

Overall, I enjoyed the dub version as much as the Japanese version, maybe more since I love Meowth's dub voice.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    The pronunciations of Scrafty and Mandibuzz was just as I thought.
    To be honest I don't see how people would mispronounce those in the first place.

Random : PokéRadar

I'd give Meowth about 2 weeks tops before he goes back to Team Rocket...
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    I'd give Meowth about 2 weeks tops before he goes back to Team Rocket...
        Spoiler:
    Last edited by Sushi; 28th November 2011 at 11:35 PM.

I do not buy Meowth being fired. I think it is part of his plan that was mentioned at the end of the last episode. At least to distract the twerps from Team Rocket's plans.

But wow. I do not recall anyone EVER trying to catch Meowth before. Was kinda weird to see.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

I would've really liked to see Meowth be caught. I think it would've added a great suprise element to the series!
    Pokemon X Pokemon Y

I liked the episode, but i knew that when Iris tried to catch Meowth it would fail, Or else TR is just not TR anymore XD also cool that Scrafty is in it..hes an cool fighting type
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Meowth doesn't go well with Iris. I'm glad she didn't get him. He's too independent and mouthy. He would drive her crazy.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Kirby View Post
    One little mistake isn’t that much of a big deal; I’d be shocked to find out that the Japanese version never made a pronunciation mistake in all of its 14 ˝ years. Either mistaken or deliberate, mispronouncing one word shouldn’t ruin the episode or James’ character (whatever his character is at this point).
    These people are paid to catch mistakes like this if they're made. If it was a minor slip of the tongue that was barely noticeable would be one thing, but everyone I've shown the clip has noticed it with little to no prompting. If the people paid to make sure the production is made correctly cannot catch errors that any common viewer can catch, then they shouldn't be doing that job.

Jimmy Zoppi also has admitted himself in the past that he was the one responsible for the atrocious mess that Team Rocket became in Diamond and Pearl because he believed that the dub-written gags he put in - alliteration, the random cultural jokes such as the Yiddish phrases, outdated slang - were all 'funny.' That's why I can easily believe that this is some new 'funny' thing that he's decided to put into James's character when it's never existed before.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    I noticed at the end when iris tried to capture Meowth they reworded it from "I didn't agree to a capture" to "I am not going to be anyone's Pokemon"
    That's what he originally said, too. There's no rewrite.

When Scraggy was battling Mandibuzz, before Scraggy used Hi Jump Kick, Scrafty must have said 'Scraggy, Hi Jump Kick!' (at least, that's what 'Scraft, Scraf Scraf Scraft' sounded like to me...)
    Overall, a good episode with an interesting Meowth twist!
    Current Hunts

2,460 SRs/4,920 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #3 - Route 36
    (Day - Repel Trick) (Night - Headbutt tree only has these three)
    700 REs/1,200 HBs

SS BQ
    1. (1,759 SRs/5,276 starters seen) 2. (8,214 REs)

CLICKY >>> <<< CLICKY

These people are paid to catch mistakes like this if they're made. If it was a minor slip of the tongue that was barely noticeable would be one thing, but everyone I've shown the clip has noticed it with little to no prompting. If the people paid to make sure the production is made correctly cannot catch errors that any common viewer can catch, then they shouldn't be doing that job.

Jimmy Zoppi also has admitted himself in the past that he was the one responsible for the atrocious mess that Team Rocket became in Diamond and Pearl because he believed that the dub-written gags he put in - alliteration, the random cultural jokes such as the Yiddish phrases, outdated slang - were all 'funny.' That's why I can easily believe that this is some new 'funny' thing that he's decided to put into James's character when it's never existed before.
    I understand that the mispronunciation is obvious and I’m fully aware that Jimmy Zoppi is the reason for the DP Team Rocket dialogue that everyone except me hates. As of yet this has only happened once. If this happens in multiple episodes then you concerns about giving a character who is meant to be taken seriously a funny quirk that didn’t exist in the original is completely valid and respectable. As of now, James has only done this once, so I think we should wait a few more episodes to see if this is really something to be concerned over.

Quote Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
    Two questions:

1. Is that the first time for someone to try to catch Meowth?

2. Is that the first time for him to be in a pokeball?
    I remember a Kanto episode (The Ultimate Test) where the exam instructor wanted to catch Meowth since he could talk, but we never see him trying to battle him (I think he threw a Pokeball but it was knocked away by the Pokemon James borrowed/was going to steal). This could very well be the first time Meowth was in a Pokeball, seeing as the Pokeball treated him as a wild Pokemon and I don't ever recall him mentioning being in a Pokeball before.
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

All Hail Meowth!
    Trophy made by Pika22

If you want the funny pre-Black & White Team Rocket back in the Anime,
    copy and paste this into your signature. *Started by Sapphire Kirby*

And yes, I realize that, besides the Radio Show, the chances of that happening now are less than zero.

I'm busy with life outside the internet; I won't be on often

Tell me the interrogation scene wasn't just plain awesome. It's just sad that a duo like Meowth and Cilan is too good to last.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

This felt like a fusion of 24 and MGS at times XD

This is certainly better done the previous Meowth joining the team episodes, it was actually nice to see Meowth being kind and actually trying to help on his own. Of course Meowth actually staying with the group won't last, god forbid the writers actually try something different & actually have Meowth continuing on with the gang, it certainly would make for some much more interesting episodes.

Anyway it was nice seeing Scraggy get so more screen time & actually learning a new move.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

If Meowth stayed, there would be more useless negotiations episodes that we don't need. Unless Meowth actually battles, that is. Maybe even learn a better attack than Fury Swipes.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    If Meowth stayed, there would be more useless negotiations episodes that we don't need. Unless Meowth actually battles, that is. Maybe even learn a better attack than Fury Swipes.
    No need to hate on most eps now XD

Could someone explain to me why James suddenly has a speech impediment?

That is not how you pronounce "schedule."
    It is when you're from the UK.

So I guess James comes from the UK?

All this sweetness from Meowth was fishy... and how could he recover so quickly from banishment from TR?

Poor Scrafty. How does a pokemon lose that often?! Oh, right. Torterra.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Poor Scrafty. How does a pokemon lose that often?! Oh, right. Torterra.
    Low blow...
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

But I'm serious. First Scrafty loses to Mandibuzz, then gets 1HKO'd by Pikachu, then loses to Tepig. The poor guy better improve his battling skills. ^^

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast