Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Meowth's Scrafty Tactics! (704)

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    But I'm serious. First Scrafty loses to Mandibuzz, then gets 1HKO'd by Pikachu, then loses to Tepig. The poor guy better improve his battling skills. ^^
    Heh, good point. I can't say I noticed that.

Well, months later, here I am commenting on the episode: let's see how my memory does. Personally, I thought it was kinda a slow episode, not one of my favorites. A little repetitive with Meowth going from Pokemon to Pokemon to help out.

But I love the Meowth arc. I was expecting Meowth's "Scrafty tactics" to be revealed at the end of the episode (actually, I thought the Scrafty was going to be a Team Rocket Pokemon somehow). Yet, they were willing to turn this into a full arc over many episodes. Great call: having Meowth travel with the twerps for a while added variety to the show.

And I was totally in suspense when Iris tried to catch Meowth out of nowhere: that would have been the plot twist of the century! But kudos for Meowth, who will escape Poke Balls a few more times.
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

I have to say, I LOVED this Meowth and twerps arc. Even though I saw the eventual ending coming, it was still great to have Meowth around and actually getting along with the twerps. It was a great change of pace. I was surprised that the arc lasted as long as it did, but it was a change of pace from the one-ep-and-done half-dozen other times Meowth flirted with the side of good. I loved all the episodes in the arc, even the weakest one (the beeheeyem one). Great to see Scraggy learn a new move too.

9/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Liked this episode; I think there was initially some confusion when the Japanese raw aired, and some people thought that Scrafty was trying to become friends with the Mandibuzz, but I'm glad the dub cleared that up to where Scrafty was just trying to get its home back. That's why we didn't have to come back to Scrafty at the end of the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    This felt like a fusion of 24 and MGS at times XD
    I love 24, but what's MGS?

This is the episode that started the whole 'Meowth Arc' and I loved this arc. Even though I knew that Mewoth is going to betray them later, but it was still great to have Meowth traveling with the group and actually getting along with them. I think it was a nice change from normal.
    Anyways, this was an interesting episode. I liked how Meowth Praised Cilan's cooking, called Ash a good trainer and even called Iris a Princess.
    It's really clever of him when he tried to save Axew from the Scrafty. Ash's Scraggy ended up learning Hi-Jump kick and defeating that Mandibuzz by using it was cool too.
    It's surprising when Iris tried to catch Mewoth out of nowhere, but thank goodness Mewoth escaped the Pokeball. I can't imagine Mewoth being Iris's Pokemon.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011