Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Meowth's Scrafty Tactics! (704)

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    With Scraggy learning Hi Jump Kick its very likely that he will learn Low Kick next.
    Yeah if they follow the moveset of the event Scraggy in the games, then Scraggy will probably learn low kick next. But, I'm hoping that scraggy next move learned will be Faint Attack. Scraggy and Axew should have another battle soon.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    It's fun to see Meowth getting hurt.
    He's the new Brock!

Anyway, awesome episode on all counts. Even if it turns out that Meowth is just fooling the twoips, this still gives us something fresh and interesting. And Scraggy getting a new move is extremely awesome, maybe he'll start battling more now.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

okay so i watched last weeks episode with subs and at the part with team rocket, meowth said there was one more part to their plan, and he said to leave it to him (with an evil look). So i strongly agree with the ones saying that he's leading ash and co away from nimbasa city....or even a more elaborate plan once they get there. but all i know is that this IS part of his plan.
    Friends are family you choose

I have a little theory that the Pokemon that Ash and Co. will encounter while they are with Meowth are somehow affiliated with Team Rocket. Since a lot of us here are agreeing that Meowth is lying to distract the group, wouldn't it be easier to hire Unova native Pokemon to help with Team Rocket's plan? ORRR better yet what IF Scrafty and one of the two Mandibuzz are Jessie and Jame's new captures? I figured it would be the perfect way to put them into good use since Ash and the others haven't seen them yet.
    Check Out Islandlyfe's Fakemon Thread! http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=198798

Was tranquil really in this episode? if he wa what did he do. did he attack meowth, or was it something random?
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Thanks pikapika677 for the VSMugshotScenes. Thnx Dragonitor for BigTeamPoses.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandlyfe1990 View Post
    I have a little theory that the Pokemon that Ash and Co. will encounter while they are with Meowth are somehow affiliated with Team Rocket. Since a lot of us here are agreeing that Meowth is lying to distract the group, wouldn't it be easier to hire Unova native Pokemon to help with Team Rocket's plan? ORRR better yet what IF Scrafty and one of the two Mandibuzz are Jessie and Jame's new captures? I figured it would be the perfect way to put them into good use since Ash and the others haven't seen them yet.
    Why would they hire instead of capture?

Scrafty, two Mandibuzz,     Spoiler:
    yup TR hired all of these and captured most just to distract the twerps.

Quote Originally Posted by FearowLucarioEspion View Post
    Was tranquil really in this episode?
    Technically yes. In the very beginning when they are eating "lunch" the Pokemon that are out and playing/eating are: Scraggy, Tranquill, Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott, and Pansage. They are pretty far away until it begins focusing on Tepig and Axew, which then we don't see Tranquill, Oshawott or Pansage any more.

However it didn't focus on them at all except for: Tepig, Scraggy, and Snivy.

if he wa what did he do. did he attack meowth,
    *SIGH* Tranquill is female.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Scraggy learning HJK, excellent! I was hoping the little guy would learn it. Tepig got a win as well, consider this make up for Castelia city, guys.

Meowth wasn't captured, ah well. This was pretty decent episode. Funny too.

I wonder happens with Meowth in the group now.

^GAH! i keep forgetting the gender of everyones pokemon
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Thanks pikapika677 for the VSMugshotScenes. Thnx Dragonitor for BigTeamPoses.

I'm thinking that Scrafty is one of TR's Pokemon, hence his sudden disappearance at the end of the episode. He was simply used so that Meowth could gain Ash and his friends' trust, as there's absolutely no reason why he'd even bother to kidnap Axew other than that sob story he gave after being caught.

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    Why would they hire instead of capture?

Scrafty, two Mandibuzz,     Spoiler:
    yup TR hired all of these and captured most just to distract the twerps.
    Yup you're right. I definitely agree with you. Like I said before, I'm leaning towards the fact that they are new captures. Scrafty, Mandibuzz, Purrloin and the other Pokemon they are going to meet with Meowth would fit right in with the Team Rocket image.
    Check Out Islandlyfe's Fakemon Thread! http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=198798

I'm not exactly sure about what was happening in the entire episode, but I liked what I saw. Scraggy appearances are always gold, and now he knows a new move. The plot with Team Rocket is becoming interesting again, with this whole Meowth thing and Team Rocket in the Battle Subway and possibly hijacking one. The ending was good too, with Meowth breaking out of the Pokeball. Whoever made the initial scans of that was trying to troll us.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Scrafty kidnaps Axew to be his friend, because he can't make any friends, probably because he doesn't know how to.

Then after beating him two times, Scrafty starts crying and tells them the story of how he can't make friends, they help him apparently try to make friends with the Mandibuzz, Mandibuzz attacks it and Scraggy helps him by beating Scraggy with the move he learned from Scrafty Hi Jump Kick, after that Mandibuzz seems to have its own problems with the other Mandibuzz, Meowth goes there and makes the be friends and apparently they must have become friends with Scrfaty too.

Sunsent Iris compliments and sends a ball to Meowth, he pops out and starts raging, stuff happens and episode ends with them traveling together.

-Today...TRANQUILL'S ALIVE! TRANQUILL'S ALIVE! ALERT THE MEDIA!
    -Also Axew and Tepig found something weird in a bush. It's...Meowth!
    -I'd question how Ash knows this is Team Rocket's Meowth, but then again, there's not exactly any other Meowth running around Unova.
    -Blah blah blah sob story of how Meowth was booted from TR blah
    -Sure didn't take long for the twerps to suggest that Meowth tag along with them.
    -Hm, a moving bush. How peculiar.
    -Axew gets distracted by a shiny bottlecap on a string. That just got thrown out there. Oi.
    -And then a Scrafty shoves it into its pants.
    -Scrafty goes into a shack, where Axew gets pissed and tries to use Dragon Rage on it...but that ends with an angry Scrafty scaring the **** out of poor Axew.
    -And then Meowth decides he's going to be a nyagotiator. Oh boy.
    -He asks why Scrafty stole Axew, and...well, let's just say this is going to be one of those episodes where it'd be very nice to understand Japanese. I think he keeps bringing up something about battles?
    -Meowth's not getting very far, but he suddenly has the bright idea of using Scraggy to help in the negotiations with Scrafty!
    -Then Iris deflates Meowth's ego by pointing out something about TR(probably the fact that their plans never work?) Good going, Iris.
    -Ash sends out Scraggy...and Snivy! Who immediately decides to Vine Whip poor Meowth!
    -Meanwhile, Jessie and James are scoping out a subway station...and did they just plant a ****ing BOMB on it?!
    -D'awwww, Scrafty and Scraggy are showing off their headbutts to each other.
    -And now Scraggy's trying to copy Scraggy's High Jump Kick. :3 Meanwhile, Ash and Snivy are waiting for the right moment to get Axew back.
    -Success!
    -And then Pikachu zaps Scrafty for good measure.
    -But Scrafty catches up to them anyway, so Ash decides to...fight it with Tepig!
    -So the recoil damage from a missed High Jump Kick is just a bit of electricity around the knee? Eh.
    -Tepig wins.
    -Aw, now Scrafty's bawling like a baby.
    -And then Detective Dento swoops in with IT'S (fuck it this is a Japanese word or something I'm not looking this up) TIME!
    -And then we swoop back out into the real world after a brief interrogation...thing.
    -Apaprently a Beartic, Scolipede, and Darmitanian all rejected Scrafty for...something. A battle? Friendship? I DON'T KNOW.
    -Wait, now they've been led to a Mandibuzz?
    -Scrafty gets knocked back by a single Shadow Ball, so Ash sends out Pika...wait, Scraggy wants to help!
    -BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Mandibuzz got its head stuck in the rock from a missed (something or other) Peck BAHAHAHAHAHA
    -And then Scraggy knocks Mandibuzz out with...High Jump Kick! Finally, it can do something other than Headbutt and Leer!
    -And now it's Mandibuzz that's bawling its eyes out. Sheesh.
    -Apparently it's been rejected by its buddies, so now Meowth's helping it out...
    -...not very successfully. What did Mandibuzz do that couldn't be fixed by a big pile of apples, anyway?
    -Oh wait, the two Mandibuzz made up. And let me take a moment to say that I'm a fan of their BAZI BAZI! cries.
    -And so, the day is saved, it's sunset, everyone's happy...and Iris suddenly decides to catch Meowth as the music comes to a halt.
    -...it doesn't work, and now Meowth is kind of pissed at her.
    -I'm digging Pikachu's various "yeah, right :|" expressions this ep.
    -And as the last scene, we get Jessie & James skulking around the trainyard at night. They also mention Anville Town. Hmm...is that where they are now?

This episode seemed pretty good, but then again I obviously had no idea what was being said during it. And given that this is a dialog-centric episode...
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandlyfe1990 View Post
    Yup you're right. I definitely agree with you. Like I said before, I'm leaning towards the fact that they are new captures. Scrafty, Mandibuzz, Purrloin and the other Pokemon they are going to meet with Meowth would fit right in with the Team Rocket image.
    I was being sarcastic I do not believe that TR has set all these interactions up.

Btw just noticed after watching the episode a 3rd time, Headbutt seems to be stronger too, he broke rocks when he tried to headbutt Meowth.

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    So. Iris didn't catch Meowth.

OK. I can handle this. I can-

Spoiler:- Hugely immature rant within. No character bashing, unless the writers count as characters.:

EDIT: Nice, though, that Scraggy learned Hi Jump Kick.
    Chances are they could have used the scene because later on she's going to keep trying.
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike

Oh yeah thanks bringing that up Juputoru, I loved Pikachu's expressions lol.

I did too it felt needed that Pikachu not trusting Meowth. I really did feel like Iris throwing a pokeball at Meowth was extremely random. I guess it was just for helping Axew, maybe.

Loved the episode.

Team Rocket are doing some interesting stuff, no idea what they said at all but it sure seem suspicious. I guess when the mentioned a new plan at the start of the Don Tournament they meant a real plan where they are going to cause some chaos...this should be good when we see the conclusion. One thing I'm wondering is...why wear the trench coats, I mean it doesn't really blend you into the crowd, might as well just where the Team Rocket uniform. Oh well, the coats are awesome.

I'm pretty much 100% certain now that this is all a lie thought up by Meowth. I mean last episode he mentioned a last resort and it being his responsibility, and then bam he appears out of no where and becomes best buddies with Ash and that. Now sure he said he got fired but since when do evil organizations that want to take over the world ever tell the truth...besides for everyone to just believe him so easily just makes it more suspicious(In terms of a writing point of view), Pikachu seem a little suspicious though and if there's one thing I learned from tv shows it's when the minority believes something it's going to happen most of the time. Plus Meowth seem pretty annoyed at being caught, although that could be personal and business reasons. Regardless, I'm not buying Meowth being part of Ash and that for good, he's trying to keep the group busy so Jessie and James can do their thing, it took them long enough to realize that Ash is their Kyrptonite, too bad the plot is the real Kyrptonite and is just letting Team Rocket have their fun before sticking it to them, plot is a cruel cruel thing.

As for the episode, I found it rather funny for the most part. Scraggy was enjoyable, as were the Mandibuzz for their few moments of screen time. Not sure what was going on but I'm sure Meowth had something to do with it.

Scraggy learned Hi Jump Kick which is nice, looks like it's getting stronger now, maybe Axew isn't out of it's league by much anymore...then again Outrage was rather scary...don't know why it didn't use that here though.

Tepig looks like it's stronger now.

When did Ash get a Tranquill...oh wait. It's nice that the writers show Ash with his other Pokemon but I would like them to actually do something in the episodes they are in.

Cilan was just awesome, loved his scene.

Good, bad, whatever, Meowth is always awesome to me. It'll be interesting to see how things go with all this.

Scrafty I swear was swearing. I heard it call Ash and the group a bad word, now I know it just got beaten up by them but that's no reason to swear I mean it kidnapped Axew and not only that but it shoved Axew down it's pants...it's pants, it was pretty funny though.

So overall, I enjoyed this episode a lot.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by Iota View Post
    Chances are they could have used the scene because later on she's going to keep trying.
    ...yeah, never thought of that! Iris could keep trying to catch Meowth, might even succeed!

It's just so cool to see Meowth switching sides. Now that he's with the good guys, he might even win a few battles, maybe learn a new move or two, or maybe, just maybe, he might finally master Night Slash. Hasn't been mentioned since Jumping Rocket Ship (he MAY have attempted the move in Get Your Rotom Running; I say this based on the fact that the claws should have been able to break simple glass, but a failed attempt at Night Slash, on the other hand, might explain it).

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

He told them not to try and catch him, they won't try it again.

Aw... Man! So it really IS over for Meowth and Team Rocket, if they actually had someone CATCH Meowth. Though I don't see why Ash didn't catch the snarky cat himself, since he's known Meowth the longest. *lol*

I mean unless Jessie James come steal Meowth back, we won't see the cat anymore once Pokemon Black and White ends, and everyone goes their seperate ways. We'll NEVER see Meowth again if that happens, especially if a new season/series starts after Black and White ends...

Though I can't believe Jessie and James just kicked Meowth out of the team like that just because Giovanni gave the order.

I mean after EVERYTHING the trio have been through since the series began, including the number of times Meowth's been there for them, and the number of times they came after him when he was in trouble or they had been seperated for some reason, they just abandon him because the boss says so. I thought those two LOVED Meowth, despite all past arguements and fights they've had with him. He's their oldest remaining Kanto region pokemon, or any region pokemon they've ever had, they have left who didn't leave for some reason.

Did Giovanni tell them to get rid of Meowth, because the big boss FINALLY remembered that he had forgotten to tell them to leave Meowth behind with the rest of their non-Unova region pokemon back in the beginning of the series, because having non-Unova region pokemon on hand would have drawn too much attention for the trio as the reason why they had to leave Wobuffet, Mime Jr., Yanmega, and Canavine behind before they arrived and come to Unova pokemonless except for Meowth?

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    ...yeah, never thought of that! Iris could keep trying to catch Meowth, might even succeed!

It's just so cool to see Meowth switching sides. Now that he's with the good guys, he might even win a few battles, maybe learn a new move or two, or maybe, just maybe, he might finally master Night Slash. Hasn't been mentioned since Jumping Rocket Ship (he MAY have attempted the move in Get Your Rotom Running; I say this based on the fact that the claws should have been able to break simple glass, but a failed attempt at Night Slash, on the other hand, might explain it).
    I don't think Meowth's suddenly going to start learning new attacks NOW after all these years. It seems like the ONLY attacks he really knows is Scratch. We've never seen him using any other attacks besides that one. I remember way back a few seasons ago, when Team Rocker was stranded on that island of Meowth worshippers and the worshippers needed Meowth to use the Payday move for their ceremony, Meowth said he COULDN'T use Payday even if he wanted to, because he supposedly used up all his pokemon attack learning skills teaching himself how to walk and talk like a human, that there was nothing left in him that could make him learn moves and attacks beyond what he already knows now. Which seems to be true, since he's never done any other attack than what we've seen him do since day one of the series.
    Last edited by Crystal_Knight; 18th August 2011 at 11:55 PM.
    My 3DS Friend Code #: Angel Skye - 0533-5949-4272
    if you want to ad me please PM me with your own Friend Code so I may ad you to my own 3DS. Plus can someone please tell me what kind of pokemon are showing up when you visit my Friend Safari zone in your game.

This trainer card was created for me by: Emerald Latias

If anyone is interested in reading any stories I've written, please click one of the trainer cards to be directed to where my stories are located, and please leave a review for whatever story read.

He told them not to try and catch him, they won't try it again.
    Honestly, that probably won't stop Iris.

Though I don't see why Ash didn't catch the snarky cat himself, since he's known Meowth the longest. *lol*
    That may be the reason he didn't. He knows Meowth thinks of himself as a person and not a Pokemon so he'd just be dead weight on his Team. Ash is already reluctant to rotate Pikachu. Adding Meowth will just further limit the number of Pokemon he can rotate.

Did Giovanni tell them to get rid of Meowth, because the big boss FINALLY remembered that he had forgotten to tell them to leave Meowth behind with the rest of their non-Unova region pokemon back in the beginning of the series
    According to Meowth he was dismissed because he was caught on a mission.

I don't think Meowth's suddenly going to start learning new attacks NOW after all these years.
    Meowth knows Scratch, Bite, and Fury Swipes. Apparently Meowth was trying to teach himself Night Slash in Sinnoh but nothing came of it.

Meowth was only speculating that he " used up all his smarts " on learning to walk and talk. The simple truth of it could have been that he didn't learn new attacks because no one was willing to train him as a Pokemon before. If you don't win battles you don't grow stronger. If you don't train then you can't learn anything new.

Someone kindly tell me how Jessie and James planting a bomb/magnet/electricity drain/whztever on a transformer box in a subway tunnel is 'proof' of any kind that Team Plasma is going to appear soon. Because it isn't. If the location of their plan indicates anything about an upcoming appearance, it'll be Ingo and Emmet appearing to help save the Battle Subway.

That said, I actually ended up encouraged by seeing Meowth's old personality and the return of competent Team Rocket (could the black uniforms return too?) but I do wish the two could exist together. It would have been nice if this Nyagotiator arc took place in the episodes between BW023 and the Don Battle, though - we would have avoided the horror of things like the Cottonee and Elgyem episodes and likely gotten to Nimbasa sooner.

I still want to see the Kodai building in the skyline at some point.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast