Page 130 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 4314

Thread: The Official Advice Thread

So I have got a schedule conflict this friday. I have been chosen to co-run my university anime club with the V.P. this Friday. But the first half of the meeting is at the same time as my trans support group meeting.

I have never missed a meeting for my support group and like going. But I have also been entrusted by the anime club president to run things, and I pride myself on reliability. But I don't particularly like running the club even though I have a lot of friends there.

So any suggestions on which I should choose ? Or whether I should I try to balance both at once. (pretty easy since they are in the same building)

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    So I have got a schedule conflict this friday. I have been chosen to co-run my university anime club with the V.P. this Friday. But the first half of the meeting is at the same time as my trans support group meeting.

I have never missed a meeting for my support group and like going. But I have also been entrusted by the anime club president to run things, and I pride myself on reliability. But I don't particularly like running the club even though I have a lot of friends there.

So any suggestions on which I should choose ? Or whether I should I try to balance both at once. (pretty easy since they are in the same building)
    Well, you said "But I don't particularly like running the club even though I have a lot of friends there." I think that should answer your question. If it's possible, you can try to balance out, but if that won't work out, choose what you like more, what's more important to you. Regardless of what others want, what do YOU want?

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    This might sound a bit harsh but... If you're in a committed relationship and have no interest in this person, why does it matter if he likes you or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
    I agree with Pesky Persian, it shouldn't really matter whether he likes you or not. All you need to be concerned with is not giving him any signals and making it clear that you're happy in your current relationship. Treat him just the same as you would your other colleagues. The reason I won't advise you to steer clear of him is because (as you said) this could be a case of over-analysing. It could just be that he's a genuinely nice/caring person and it just comes across as a little too nice. However, do start to avoid if you feel awkward around him. I know you work with him, so you can't really do much, but just stop talking as much if he makes you feel uncomfortable. Hopefully he would take the hint eventually.

This. He needs learn to deal.

Ok, I could really use advice, but please dont criticize me. I have been pondering for a little while whether or not to ask a girl in my class out, but have no idea whether she likes me. To top things off she is a grade above me and I see her only once or twice a day. Also, I was recently dumped by my previous girlfriend of about a year, and dont really want to face rejection by her. I may just be over-paranoid, but please just give me advice on what any of you guys think.

Edit: Also, I thought I'd add that I'm not the most social of people, am very shy, and haven't talked to her that much.
    Last edited by zomegax7249; 29th November 2012 at 10:17 PM.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by zomegax7249 View Post
    Ok, I could really use advice, but please dont criticize me. I have been pondering for a little while whether or not to ask a girl in my class out, but have no idea whether she likes me. To top things off she is a grade above me and I see her only once or twice a day. Also, I was recently dumped by my previous girlfriend of about a year, and dont really want to face rejection by her. I may just be over-paranoid, but please just give me advice on what any of you guys think.
    hmm...personally, i would just go for it. if u dont know if she likes you then there is no way to find out unless u flat out ask her out.
    cuz u are a grade lower i would ask her when her friends werent around but thats just me.
    #PokemonMoon #TeamRowlet

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Yeah, maybe it's good having a super nice friend then. Haha.

Maybe it's just been this week, but I'm not worried about it. Thanks guys!

All right, Not looking for trolls here.
    So I usually party with my girl and her friends and family. They are Colombian. I am Colombian American (My parents are Colombian but I was born in New Jersey, USA). So Whenever we have a party or go clubbing we usually are at a Latin club/Party where they play Salsa, Merengue, Bachata, Reggaeton, etc. Now don't get me wrong, I like all that latin music and I know how to dance it like any other latin native, but I am also into American music (pop, house, electro dance, ect.). My girl and her fam/friends as well as my fam don't really listen to it much less dance to it. I do and sometimes I wanna go to a club where they play house music and all that. Now people usually say "Don't go partying without ur parter. It looks bad and is bad and" yada yada yada. She just doesn't fully enjoy that type of music. She listens to it whenever I do but that is about it.

So is it okay if I wish to go to my own type of party by myself or with friends without her?
    I mean I don't wanna seem like im trying to slip away from her but I'd like to party somewhere I would fully enjoy. Any advice? Solutions?
    Last edited by Ne0n-H!tch'd; 23rd December 2012 at 1:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne0n-H!tch'd View Post
    So I usually party with my girl and her friends and family. They are Colombian. I am Colombian American (My parents are Colombian but I was born in New Jersey, USA). So Whenever we have a party or go clubbing we usually are at a Latin club/Party where they play Salsa, Merengue, Bachata, Reggaeton, etc. Now don't get me wrong, I like all that latin music and I know how to dance it like any other latin native, but I am also into American music (pop, house, electro dance, ect.). My girl and her fam/friends as well as my fam don't really listen to it much less dance to it. I do and sometimes I wanna go to a club where they play house music and all that. Now people usually say "Don't go partying without ur parter. It looks bad and is bad and" yada yada yada. She just doesn't fully enjoy that type of music. She listens to it whenever I do but that is about it.

So is it okay if I wish to go to my own type of party by myself or with friends without her?
    I mean I don't wanna seem like im trying to slip away from her but I'd like to party somewhere I would fully enjoy. Any advice? Solutions?
    (I've just posted something about being too negative - sorry if I come across as such)

I think the answer is kind of obvious. Tell her that although you enjoy parties with her, you'd like some time away from her, too. Time with the guys, you know?
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne0n-H!tch'd View Post

Nothing bad about it at all. You don't need to do everything with your partner. Just make sure she knows what you are doing/where you are going. And don't be stupid.
    Blorp

So how do I tend to get rid of this Writer's Block? I've been trying to write my chapters for some Fan Fiction I've been writing. But I kept losing motivation to type it out. Even when I wrote something different rather than that, I still can't regain my inspiration for it. So how do I regain motivation, because I wanted to write it a few days ago and I just couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilava42 View Post
    So how do I tend to get rid of this Writer's Block? I've been trying to write my chapters for some Fan Fiction I've been writing. But I kept losing motivation to type it out. Even when I wrote something different rather than that, I still can't regain my inspiration for it. So how do I regain motivation, because I wanted to write it a few days ago and I just couldn't.
    Writer's block really sucks.....when I get it I'll either listen to music or go for a jog usually one of those works for me. But each person is different, so find out what get's you into the zone and write down your ideas on a notepad because otherwise you will forget them.
    Blorp

Well, I hope that this won't annoy you:

So in deviantART, I have this problem with a person. He watched me and he didn't like the things I posted, and he yelled at me for it, so I blocked him. After I unblocked him, I told him that I get frustrated easily, but he said that I just wanted attention, which isn't true. And read this and go through the links: http://fav.me/d5n0tgk And he said that I was sending the same message when I wasn't. I was just telling him what happened and he got angry for no reason. So I defended myself. And he's delusional. So when he was watching my newest account and posted a nice comment, I decided that I should go apologize. When I gave him my honest apology, he took it as an mean comment and raged on me through a note. But I told him that he should stop, but he refused to listen. So I told him that he should look in the mirror and bad things would happen to him if he treats people like this for who they are. But when I told a guy about this, he said that I lied and he did it again. Luckily, I want this to get through his head because I think that he's either bipolar or something.

Question: Why did you unblock him in the first place?

I kind of see his point. Why even create a Journal about it? That does seem a bit excessive and crossing over into Attention Seeking territory. If you have a problem with someone then try and work it out with them privately. If that is not working then block them and move on. Going public (posting a journal) about it will just make the problem worse and make you look bad in the eyes of the general public. It'd encourage your other watchers to be cruel towards them because of something that went on between the two of you. It can also make a bad first impression for you by new visitors to your page.

Do not think you're doing him (or yourself) a favor by continuing to communicate with them. Leave it be.

What! He watched you and didn't like what you posted? That is a strange thing to do. My advice; leave it! Just ignore him and think about people that actually matter to you. You will get nowhere with this person anyway. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Question: Why did you unblock him in the first place?

I kind of see his point. Why even create a Journal about it? That does seem a bit excessive and crossing over into Attention Seeking territory. If you have a problem with someone then try and work it out with them privately. If that is not working then block them and move on. Going public (posting a journal) about it will just make the problem worse and make you look bad in the eyes of the general public. It'd encourage your other watchers to be cruel towards them because of something that went on between the two of you. It can also make a bad first impression for you by new visitors to your page.

Do not think you're doing him (or yourself) a favor by continuing to communicate with them. Leave it be.
    I will. Because I can't let this influence me in the negative way.

I'm pretty sure this is the thread I posted in asking what sites would be good free hosting services for my Sprite Comics, and the consensus was Smackjeeves last I checked.

The problem I'm faced with at the moment is what I would put on the copyright notice - y'know, that little block of legalese at the bottom of every site with copyrighted material on it. Obviously I'd have to mention some form of the Fair Use or Derivative Work clause, since it's a Sprite Comic I'm posting. But I use a lot of stuff, and it's still my writing.

And because it's technically my writing, so-called "Legal Experts" I've talked to about this IRL tell me I should copyright it to my name somewhere. But I refused to believe them on the premise that they had no idea what a sprite comic is, no matter how generalized I tried to make the premise seem to them.

If possible, I'd like the advice of somebody with experience in this field, I.E. somebody going to law school, somebody who has posted a Sprite Comic in the past, or at least somebody who knows what to key in on Google.

How do you all keep organized throughout the year?

I always start out the semester with my folders and binders all neat and fancy, but over time everything seems to fall apart and it ends up really terrible. I've lost so many assignments in the past month, it's crazy. D:
    So do any of you have a routine or anything that helps keep all of your things in order?

Quote Originally Posted by Doux View Post

I always start out the semester with my folders and binders all neat and fancy, but over time everything seems to fall apart and it ends up really terrible. I've lost so many assignments in the past month, it's crazy. D:
    So do any of you have a routine or anything that helps keep all of your things in order?
    I have one folder for all my subjects and extra folders at home. Once a month, I archive notes and stuff I don't need at the moment (if we've moved on to a new topic, for example) and put it in the appropriate folder at home.

EDIT And if there's something you will never need again and don't mind getting rid of, recycle it.
    Last edited by Roseheart95; 28th December 2012 at 9:33 AM.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Don't keep your papers for a year.

After the semester is over and graded feel free to toss any papers related to that class. If you're attached or otherwise want to keep a record of your schoolwork just scan it and put it on a flash drive. 95% of my (art heavy) coursework for college was able to fit on the 128 mb Flash Drive they gave me when I started school. The remainder were my music and videos from those respective classes that I burned onto CDs and eventually those on a much better Flash Drive. For work I use a 4 GB Flash Drive that's small enough to attach to my wallet and cheap enough for just about anyone to afford.

As far as work for that semester/assignment goes I only carry what I know I'll need for that day's class/work. That'd likely be my Homework/Classwork, Notes, and some blank Paper. Anything else I keep in a folder at home which I clean out at the end of the semester.

Quote Originally Posted by Doux View Post

I have all my e-assignments in a document folder, respective. A look inside of History. I never type any assignments in gibberish. And every so often, I have a 16GB flash drive where all documents and pictures go as backup.

It also depends on how much per class.
    My english and chemistry classes don't have much, they have one folder to themselves.
    History, we do almost nothing with actual paper.
    Networking goes in semesters, keep a binder for every semester. I just finished semester III, and I have all the paper from in in a stack in my closet.
    Math has specific things because my teacher requires it. But for notes I use a composition.

I need some help for my Composition paper. We're assigned to write a Trend paper for the end of the semester in two weeks. The topic has to be a current trend with a common theme of the following: Obedience, Alternate Energy Sources, Technology and Job Outsourcing, or the Cinderella myth. So far, I'm drawing up blanks. The deadline is fast approaching and I can't create an idea. Any help?
    FC: 5129-0492-5213

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    I need some help for my Composition paper. We're assigned to write a Trend paper for the end of the semester in two weeks. The topic has to be a current trend with a common theme of the following: Obedience, Alternate Energy Sources, Technology and Job Outsourcing, or the Cinderella myth. So far, I'm drawing up blanks. The deadline is fast approaching and I can't create an idea. Any help?
    I'm only year 8 so you might not want to take advice from me but I would do it on obedience and talk about how being forced to be obedient in the early years of our lives is making us more *insert adjective that means anarchy* in our later life which causes vandelism, drugs ect and finish with talking about a society with slacker rules however with greater punishment for breaking them in order to force people to live a "proper" life without feeling pressured.
    Hello I'm looking for a Shaymin in order to acquire all the events
    White friend code is 1075 6786 7960
    White 2 Friend code is 3912 5384 7221
    Y friend code:2836 0178 6989 Friend Safari: Grumpig, Sigylyph, Gothrita

*back story*
    Throughout my entire life, my dream has been to go to Europe. Unfortunately, I've been unable to go because, well, my parents just aren't interested in paying money on me. My mother goes to Finland every summer and my dad goes to Mexico every winter and Hawaii each spring... But, as for me personnaly, I've always really stayed in the house. I've never left the country, only the left the state ONCE, and I've really been deprived of a cultural experience. I've tried getting a job, but I sadly am required to watch my baby brother while my parents work, (no allowance, btw) and not to mention there's school.
    In absence of my trip to the foreign world, I've really taken the time to study European culture and language. I'm the top student in my French class (got 104% last term) and I even have studied a bit of other European languages such as Finnish, Swedish, Danish, Icelandic, German, and Dutch. Now, I'm not at all conversational, but, you know, I know a few words. More than the average the more American, we can say.
    Anyways, I discovered that at my high school, a club was going to 100% financially pay for a summer trip to a European country of one's choice. Needless to say, I was elated. All I had to do was sign up, be interviewed, win, and then, BAM, my dream would finally become a reality. Only two people, including myself signed up, as the opportunity was not placed in the announcements and, well, frankly, a lot of students at my school don't really understand the positive benefits of going abroad. I certainly didn't mind, less competition for me.
    Now, I knew the other person competing against me. I really don't want to be mean, but I knew that I would be more articulate than her in the interview. We're in French together, and I can clearly remember, during the first day of freshman year, she genuinely was surprised to discover that Europe was a continent and not a country. Even today, she still cannot name the capitals of most countries and she would have trouble identifying any of the nations on a map.
    Anyways, we go through the interview, (it was by high school seniors and it was on my BIRTHDAY ) I didn't see hers, but I thought mine went *really* well. There was, unfortunately, I slight drawback. There's a catch, there's always a catch. Our family was expected to host a student from Europe, too. My parents, unfortunately, are not the most open minded people in the world, and I expressed that it would be unlikely at worst and extremely difficult at best to convince my family to host another teenager.
    It literally took my family days before coming up with an answer, but, at the end, it was yes.
    When I told the group my parents' response, they told me they made a decision to go with the other girl. Now, naturally, I was confused, they automatically explained, "It had nothing to do with your answers, we just went with her because her parents were more willing to host someone and she's been involved with the club for a longer period of time."
    I felt so depressed when I heard that. First of all, part of the "reason" was based off of something that I had absolutely NO control over, and I didn't even fully know about what the club did until this school year, and I was involved during that period as much as feasibly could. A lot of the activities they do involve driving, I can't drive because my parents refuse to teach me to get my license, they say they're convinced that I'll steal the car and they don't want to pay insurance, I just turned 17, and my parents have no interest in driving me anywhere, and, plus, the ride space is extremely limited and I've only gotten it once or twice.
    However, I think I know the real reason they chose me. One of the main interviewers (there was three of them)sort of got in a fight with me on gay marriage. She went on about a rant about how gay people deserve to go to hell, and I confronted her on that and she was pretty upset. Granted, I probably used some inappropriate language, but it was after a recent gay suicide. I believe that was a HUGE influence on her decision. Also, the other two girls that did the interview are involved with teams (Cross Country and Forensics) of the the one who competed with me for position to go on exchange...
    So, what's there to do? Well, sadly, I have to fight, I really have to fight what I believe to be injustice. I plan on sending an e-mail of persuasion to the club the funds the summer exchange trip. Now, here's the ultimate question that I probably wasted too much of your reading time taking: what's the ultimate question that I should ask them?
    I don't want to mention the reasons why I really believe they picked the other person because, well, I have no proof and the people in charge and generally very Conservative. Like, I know what to say, but, I don't know what question to say, "May you please give the funding money to me?" That just, doesn't sound right. Please, help. THANK YOU

maybe explain ur backstory to them like u did us and tell them u would like for the three of u to be reinterview by, say, the principal or someone thats not a student at least. of its a teacher, make it someone who has never had any of u in any class or whatever. make it nonbiased.
    tho if they plan on giving this oportunity again next year and ur still there maybe that could help...
    this is just me being 14 and stuff so listen or not...
    ALSO take into consideration how the other girl will feel if u get it taken away from her. she may have like a ton of plans already and stuff so keep that on mind.
    For the best book recommendations!

FC: 4167-5603-4051
    Gotta have one for me and one for one of my best friends on here!

~credit to Astral Shadow for buttons
    ~credit to CrystalNinetales for the userbar

Quote Originally Posted by EpicBacon View Post
    LONG POST
    It's over, man. A big interview like that is not the time to get into an argument about gay marriage. Also, you shouldn't have told them that your parents were unlikely to want to host an exchange student. It really is best to just play with the truth during these sorts of things.

Page 130 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast