Page 130 of 170 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 4244

Thread: The Advice Thread - "What should I do about this weird mole growing on my back"

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    ok i got a problem:
    i am trying to find an old friend of mine on facebook, he moved away when we were like 10ish, we didnt have cell phones or email or anything yet so we had no way to contact each other, i just had the brain fart to find him on facebook, but there are 2 problems:
    1) i wouldnt be able to recognise his pic cuz its been years so i dont know if i got the right person
    2) i cant exacly remember how to spell his last name XD
    any suggestions?
    Perhaps think of other friends that you might remember clearly who also knew him? Check their lists or just ask them. You could narrow your searches down if you know where he moved to, or maybe what School he goes to. If you guys shared a School when you were young, maybe he has that added? Otherwise you just need to think hard about that last name! Although if it's only the spelling that troubles you, Facebook normally suggests people with similar surnames, so it shouldn't be an issue.

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
    Perhaps think of other friends that you might remember clearly who also knew him? Check their lists or just ask them. You could narrow your searches down if you know where he moved to, or maybe what School he goes to. If you guys shared a School when you were young, maybe he has that added? Otherwise you just need to think hard about that last name! Although if it's only the spelling that troubles you, Facebook normally suggests people with similar surnames, so it shouldn't be an issue.
    i remember the last name just not how to spell it and i did what u suggested for problem #2 and i would up with problem #1, but yeah i will check my friends lists, thankls.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

^ Try finding an old yearbook.. well I guess you wouldn't have yearbooks at that age but a class photo perhaps?

Maybe try Googling it too, his name I mean, maybe something will come up. Just try different spelling variations too, or maybe ..I forget what else I was going to say. Oh yeah, maybe limit the search to only people in your city/state/province.

How to date a christian, help. Im atheist

Quote Originally Posted by Rx Queen View Post
    An atheist dating someone religious doesn't need to be an issue. Religious people don't necessarily preach or look down on others for no reason. You need to expand on what you actually need advice on, otherwise it all seems rather immature.

xxx

the only options i see are these:
    1) one of u has to change to agree with the other
    2) you have to get past the fact of what u believe and like each other anyway.

once you have decided which one then figure out how to go about doing it, like:
    1) have a debate where u examin all the evidence, and i mean every shred u can find and make an informed decision.
    2) just say flat out that u dont care what the othe belives but you will respect it and not try to change them, and go from there.
    #AlphaSapphire
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

I dont care what he believes, but he is bothered by me being an atheist and thinks im going to hell. I cant change for him because i dont believe in gods or anything supernatural, how do i convince him to go for me?

I dont care what he believes, but he is bothered by me being an atheist and thinks im going to hell. I cant change for him because i dont believe in gods or anything supernatural, how do i convince him to go for me?
    There is a passage in the Bible which many Christians interpret as meaning "don't marry/date unbelievers" while others take a different view. If he is a strong Christian who interprets the verse that way, it's likely he will pick his religion over you - sorry to be slightly harsh, but that's how I feel myself and why I wouldn't go out with an atheist or somebody with different religious views to me.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Well in that case I would advise that you steer clear of such folk. You've mentioned that he is bothered by your way of life, so why would you then be so desperate for him to go for you? Especially when he's made it somewhat clear that he thinks you'll end up in hell. This really, really does not sound like the kind of guy who you should want to be with. He almost sounds like an extremist. No matter whether we're religious or not, we should all be taught to respect those around us and he clearly doesn't have much for you. Not worth it!

xxx

Looks like nobody has posted in a bit.

I have known this guy for a year now. He's my networking assistant. My day with him just consists of lunch with him and our group of friends and occasional networking questions in the room. However, he acts different around me. I am in a committed relationship and have been for 2 years. I don't have any feelings for him. I can't say the same about him. It's hard to explain what exactly is making me notice this (maybe too much 50 Shades of Grey) but he seems more interested in my conversations and has insiders. We have a mutual group of friends too. It's just like, his actions are warm towards me. Is there a thing or am I over-analyzing? I don't want to just walk up to him and be like, "Do you like me?"...it's not something I could do, and it would make me seem interested.

キバゴ

Quote Originally Posted by YaDunGoofed View Post
    Looks like nobody has posted in a bit.

I have known this guy for a year now. He's my networking assistant. My day with him just consists of lunch with him and our group of friends and occasional networking questions in the room. However, he acts different around me. I am in a committed relationship and have been for 2 years. I don't have any feelings for him. I can't say the same about him. It's hard to explain what exactly is making me notice this (maybe too much 50 Shades of Grey) but he seems more interested in my conversations and has insiders. We have a mutual group of friends too. It's just like, his actions are warm towards me. Is there a thing or am I over-analyzing? I don't want to just walk up to him and be like, "Do you like me?"...it's not something I could do, and it would make me seem interested.
    This might sound a bit harsh but... If you're in a committed relationship and have no interest in this person, why does it matter if he likes you or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    This might sound a bit harsh but... If you're in a committed relationship and have no interest in this person, why does it matter if he likes you or not?
    To put my mind at rest. And I see him everyday. Can't really escape that. Idk.

キバゴ

I agree with Pesky Persian, it shouldn't really matter whether he likes you or not. All you need to be concerned with is not giving him any signals and making it clear that you're happy in your current relationship. Treat him just the same as you would your other colleagues. The reason I won't advise you to steer clear of him is because (as you said) this could be a case of over-analysing. It could just be that he's a genuinely nice/caring person and it just comes across as a little too nice. However, do start to avoid if you feel awkward around him. I know you work with him, so you can't really do much, but just stop talking as much if he makes you feel uncomfortable. Hopefully he would take the hint eventually.

xxx

So I have got a schedule conflict this friday. I have been chosen to co-run my university anime club with the V.P. this Friday. But the first half of the meeting is at the same time as my trans support group meeting.

I have never missed a meeting for my support group and like going. But I have also been entrusted by the anime club president to run things, and I pride myself on reliability. But I don't particularly like running the club even though I have a lot of friends there.

So any suggestions on which I should choose ? Or whether I should I try to balance both at once. (pretty easy since they are in the same building)

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    So I have got a schedule conflict this friday. I have been chosen to co-run my university anime club with the V.P. this Friday. But the first half of the meeting is at the same time as my trans support group meeting.

I have never missed a meeting for my support group and like going. But I have also been entrusted by the anime club president to run things, and I pride myself on reliability. But I don't particularly like running the club even though I have a lot of friends there.

So any suggestions on which I should choose ? Or whether I should I try to balance both at once. (pretty easy since they are in the same building)
    Well, you said "But I don't particularly like running the club even though I have a lot of friends there." I think that should answer your question. If it's possible, you can try to balance out, but if that won't work out, choose what you like more, what's more important to you. Regardless of what others want, what do YOU want?

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
    I agree with Pesky Persian, it shouldn't really matter whether he likes you or not. All you need to be concerned with is not giving him any signals and making it clear that you're happy in your current relationship. Treat him just the same as you would your other colleagues. The reason I won't advise you to steer clear of him is because (as you said) this could be a case of over-analysing. It could just be that he's a genuinely nice/caring person and it just comes across as a little too nice. However, do start to avoid if you feel awkward around him. I know you work with him, so you can't really do much, but just stop talking as much if he makes you feel uncomfortable. Hopefully he would take the hint eventually.

This. He needs learn to deal.

Ok, I could really use advice, but please dont criticize me. I have been pondering for a little while whether or not to ask a girl in my class out, but have no idea whether she likes me. To top things off she is a grade above me and I see her only once or twice a day. Also, I was recently dumped by my previous girlfriend of about a year, and dont really want to face rejection by her. I may just be over-paranoid, but please just give me advice on what any of you guys think.

Edit: Also, I thought I'd add that I'm not the most social of people, am very shy, and haven't talked to her that much.
    Last edited by zomegax7249; 29th November 2012 at 10:17 PM.
    Omega Rubyand Alpha Sapphire are coming!!!

Now its time for Sinnoh Confirmed!!!

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by zomegax7249 View Post
    Ok, I could really use advice, but please dont criticize me. I have been pondering for a little while whether or not to ask a girl in my class out, but have no idea whether she likes me. To top things off she is a grade above me and I see her only once or twice a day. Also, I was recently dumped by my previous girlfriend of about a year, and dont really want to face rejection by her. I may just be over-paranoid, but please just give me advice on what any of you guys think.
    hmm...personally, i would just go for it. if u dont know if she likes you then there is no way to find out unless u flat out ask her out.
    cuz u are a grade lower i would ask her when her friends werent around but thats just me.
    #AlphaSapphire

Yeah, maybe it's good having a super nice friend then. Haha.

Maybe it's just been this week, but I'm not worried about it. Thanks guys!

キバゴ

All right, Not looking for trolls here.
    So I usually party with my girl and her friends and family. They are Colombian. I am Colombian American (My parents are Colombian but I was born in New Jersey, USA). So Whenever we have a party or go clubbing we usually are at a Latin club/Party where they play Salsa, Merengue, Bachata, Reggaeton, etc. Now don't get me wrong, I like all that latin music and I know how to dance it like any other latin native, but I am also into American music (pop, house, electro dance, ect.). My girl and her fam/friends as well as my fam don't really listen to it much less dance to it. I do and sometimes I wanna go to a club where they play house music and all that. Now people usually say "Don't go partying without ur parter. It looks bad and is bad and" yada yada yada. She just doesn't fully enjoy that type of music. She listens to it whenever I do but that is about it.

So is it okay if I wish to go to my own type of party by myself or with friends without her?
    I mean I don't wanna seem like im trying to slip away from her but I'd like to party somewhere I would fully enjoy. Any advice? Solutions?
    Last edited by Ne0n-H!tch'd; 23rd December 2012 at 1:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne0n-H!tch'd View Post
    So I usually party with my girl and her friends and family. They are Colombian. I am Colombian American (My parents are Colombian but I was born in New Jersey, USA). So Whenever we have a party or go clubbing we usually are at a Latin club/Party where they play Salsa, Merengue, Bachata, Reggaeton, etc. Now don't get me wrong, I like all that latin music and I know how to dance it like any other latin native, but I am also into American music (pop, house, electro dance, ect.). My girl and her fam/friends as well as my fam don't really listen to it much less dance to it. I do and sometimes I wanna go to a club where they play house music and all that. Now people usually say "Don't go partying without ur parter. It looks bad and is bad and" yada yada yada. She just doesn't fully enjoy that type of music. She listens to it whenever I do but that is about it.

So is it okay if I wish to go to my own type of party by myself or with friends without her?
    I mean I don't wanna seem like im trying to slip away from her but I'd like to party somewhere I would fully enjoy. Any advice? Solutions?
    (I've just posted something about being too negative - sorry if I come across as such)

I think the answer is kind of obvious. Tell her that although you enjoy parties with her, you'd like some time away from her, too. Time with the guys, you know?
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne0n-H!tch'd View Post

Nothing bad about it at all. You don't need to do everything with your partner. Just make sure she knows what you are doing/where you are going. And don't be stupid.

So how do I tend to get rid of this Writer's Block? I've been trying to write my chapters for some Fan Fiction I've been writing. But I kept losing motivation to type it out. Even when I wrote something different rather than that, I still can't regain my inspiration for it. So how do I regain motivation, because I wanted to write it a few days ago and I just couldn't.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilava42 View Post
    So how do I tend to get rid of this Writer's Block? I've been trying to write my chapters for some Fan Fiction I've been writing. But I kept losing motivation to type it out. Even when I wrote something different rather than that, I still can't regain my inspiration for it. So how do I regain motivation, because I wanted to write it a few days ago and I just couldn't.
    Writer's block really sucks.....when I get it I'll either listen to music or go for a jog usually one of those works for me. But each person is different, so find out what get's you into the zone and write down your ideas on a notepad because otherwise you will forget them.

Well, I hope that this won't annoy you:

So in deviantART, I have this problem with a person. He watched me and he didn't like the things I posted, and he yelled at me for it, so I blocked him. After I unblocked him, I told him that I get frustrated easily, but he said that I just wanted attention, which isn't true. And read this and go through the links: http://fav.me/d5n0tgk And he said that I was sending the same message when I wasn't. I was just telling him what happened and he got angry for no reason. So I defended myself. And he's delusional. So when he was watching my newest account and posted a nice comment, I decided that I should go apologize. When I gave him my honest apology, he took it as an mean comment and raged on me through a note. But I told him that he should stop, but he refused to listen. So I told him that he should look in the mirror and bad things would happen to him if he treats people like this for who they are. But when I told a guy about this, he said that I lied and he did it again. Luckily, I want this to get through his head because I think that he's either bipolar or something.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Page 130 of 170 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast