Page 134 of 172 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 4279

Thread: The Advice Thread - "What should I do about this weird mole growing on my back"

Now, for my actual question.
    I've been considering getting a tablet, perhaps a Kindle Fire or an iPad. Any experience and suggestions with tablets?
    Well I got an iPad for Christmas, typing this on it right now. Don't buy one unless you know what you're going to use it for. Because I don't have school right now, it's kinda just a giant iPhone. It's spent several days just sitting in my draw. But it's always fun to play games on, convenient size for Internet browsing too :3
    Black 2 FC - 2237 5230 0474

That isn't borderline sexism. That is outright sexism. And it IS just about you. You're not making any statement about even average guys at this point.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/dheavp.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by iFi Salamander View Post
    I think I was just desperately trying to support that joke of a satirical theory because of my borderline sexism. Not that it is surprising I don't like women after what I've been through. I pretty much never give them the benefit of the doubt.
    No I kinda... feel for you. But maybe it's because most of the people I hang with in RL are kinda like you in a way. And then sometimes, I wish I could just accept that I have my own borderline prejudice as well. Kudos for admitting it.
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by iFi Salamander View Post
    I think I was just desperately trying to support that joke of a satirical theory because of my borderline sexism. Not that it is surprising I don't like women after what I've been through. I pretty much never give them the benefit of the doubt.
    I don't think being hurt is an excuse to treat others poorly. At least, not for an extended period of time.
    I was in an (emotionally; I got out before it could get physical) abusive relationship and it messed me up for a while. I never took it out on other people, though. I never treated men like monsters just because a few of them have been in the past. You can't judge half the world's population on the actions of a relatively small handful of people. Well, I suppose you can if you choose to, but it's not an accurate judgement.

Well I definitely don't seem to go after highly confident women, that is for sure. Because of my narcissism, I just get threatened by them and by nature rip them apart. I am incredibly territorial.
    This is straight-up abusive and I hope you work out your serious psychological issues before considering getting into another relationship because no woman deserves to go through that.

I was in an (emotionally; I got out before it could get physical) abusive relationship and it messed me up for a while. I never took it out on other people, though. I never treated men like monsters just because a few of them have been in the past. You can't judge half the world's population on the actions of a relatively small handful of people. Well, I suppose you can if you choose to, but it's not an accurate judgement.
    I probably had a purpose for it, but now it has become pure second nature and mild enjoyment.

This is straight-up abusive and I hope you work out your serious psychological issues before considering getting into another relationship because no woman deserves to go through that.
    I don't see how because it isn't like I explicitly hurt them.

However if isn't like I'd ever change myself for any relationship anyways.
    I'd rather hire a hooker till the day I die to free myself from such annoyances.
    If it is my destiny to die alone then oh well.

Thanks to Steel Sector Graphics for the userbar and banner!

Do you even want a relationship anymore? Sheesh. It's like your life is no more than a self-fulfilling prophecy.

"Girls have treated me like ****."

"So, I'm going to act shitty to have a reason for them to continue acting shitty towards me; thus, I feel justified in acting shitty."
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/dheavp.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostAnime View Post
    Do you even want a relationship anymore? Sheesh. It's like your life is no more than a self-fulfilling prophecy.
    Actually no, because I have too many other plans to let any girls get in the way.

them pesky females always runing our things, right fellas??
    life is
    a game

You can always have a loved one and make your plans succeed, might be more difficult but there is always a way : )

As for entertainment during your class break try this link: http://handheld-game-console-review.toptenreviews.com/ It breaks down some of the categories, but in general would go for the laptop, nothing beats watching youtube or a movie during lunch breaks in the student union or dorms. Good luck with your classes : )

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    My recommendation would be to try and socialize, but barring that I suggest getting something with good battery life, you don't want to be a slave to the electircal outlets. Also are looking for something to pass the time or do you want a serious game machine ? If it's just for general entertainment, a laptop with good battery life should suffice. If it's for playing new big budget games, go for the Vita, a cheap laptop might now be able to play what you want.
    I would definitely put an emphasis on socializing. Make connections you know? Find a club or organization to be a part of. If not, then yeah, a laptop would be a better choice.
    Currently going through the 5 main regions.
    Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    -ARE SKYLA, ELESA, and CYNTHIA STILL YOUNG AND SEXY??!

Ok, this is a bit complicated.

So, I have been mistaken for not knowing any English every time I write. People who review them, some, would give up on the middle of my story every time. I am born in America and English is my first language. Everytime I try to improve in description simply, it makes readers confused.

Now, why should I continue writing if my grammar is off? It makes me feel bad a bit as I try my hardest and yet people still say it. But despite me trying to take their advice, how should I improve my grammar? I am a second year writer on the Internet as I try to work on it by myself.

I like to write just to convey my imaginations. I am inspired by many things as I try to create my own fan fics of different things consisting of that.
    Last edited by Quilava42; 24th January 2013 at 3:16 AM.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilava42 View Post

So, I have been mistaken for not knowing any English every time I write. People who review them, some, would give up on the middle of my story every time. I am born in America and English is my first language. Everytime I try to improve in description simply, it makes readers confused.

Now, why should I continue writing if my grammar is off? It makes me feel bad a bit as I try my hardest and yet people still say it.
    Why you should continue? Well, if you enjoy writing, that should be enough to continue. You write because you want to, not because others want you to.

But despite me trying to take their advice, how should I improve my grammar? I am a second year writer on the Internet as I try to work on it by myself.
    Well, if you want to improve on writing fanfiction, keep practicing, keep working and don't give up. By writing more and more, you'll gradually improve. When I started writing, I thought I'd never improve, but I kept on working and made some significant improvement. I'm still not satisfied, but there's significant improvement: both my description and grammar improved (and English is not my first language). Just writing and not giving up is the most important thing when you want to improve.

Now, why should I continue writing if my grammar is off? It makes me feel bad a bit as I try my hardest and yet people still say it. But despite me trying to take their advice, how should I improve my grammar? I am a second year writer on the Internet as I try to work on it by myself.

I like to write just to convey my imaginations. I am inspired by many things as I try to create my own fan fics of different things consisting of that.
    Just from reading your post, you do have awkward ways of phrasing things, I really wouldn't say it is grammatically incorrect though. Most grammar problems can be overcome if you just use word to fix the minor things, with the exceptions of commas and some spelling.

It's not that your grammar is particularly bad, it's just that it's really... awkwardly worded. Like:

People who review them, some, would give up on the middle of my story every time.
    Everytime I try to improve in description simply, it makes readers confused.
    But despite me trying to take their advice, how should I improve my grammar?
    See how badly phrased these are? Try and read over what you write before posting it and see if it sounds all right. It sounds almost like you're trying to sound more intelligent but aren't able to word it properly. Continuous practice is the best thing to help you get better. The more you write the more constructive criticism you can get, and you'll find yourself improving naturally. There's no quick way to improve the way you write, practice is one of the few things. Reading more helps too, any English teacher can tell you that.

e: Actually, asking your teacher for help would probably be a good idea, they'd know your work best.
    Last edited by Grey Wind; 24th January 2013 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    It's not that your grammar is particularly bad, it's just that it's really... awkwardly worded. Like:

See how badly phrased these are? Try and read over what you write before posting it and see if it sounds all right. It sounds almost like you're trying to sound more intelligent but aren't able to word it properly. Continuous practice is the best thing to help you get better. The more you write the more constructive criticism you can get, and you'll find yourself improving naturally. There's no quick way to improve the way you write, practice is one of the few things. Reading more helps too, any English teacher can tell you that.

e: Actually, asking your teacher for help would probably be a good idea, they'd know your work best.
    The second one was the big one that stood out to me. "Simply" felt too forced. The third one really doesn't seem all that awkward to me though.

so. i used to be comftable with my weight. im not anymore. in the past year ive gained 1 pantsize. im almost 200lbs now. i should b about 110-130lbs
    any tips on dropping weight when i get un sick? ive dropped 5lbs since thursday cause i havent been ABLE to eat. i figure that will jumpstart it. my doctor says i need to eat about 250 calories 4 times a day. any tips on GOOD food to eat? i dont want to eat what i dont like. plz help! good low cal food sugestions plz.
    For the best book recommendations!

FC: 4167-5603-4051
    Gotta have one for me and one for one of my best friends on here!

~credit to Astral Shadow for buttons
    ~credit to CrystalNinetales for the userbar

im almost 200lbs now.
    Yeah you are probably pretty big honestly.

ive dropped 5lbs since thursday cause i havent been ABLE to eat.
    You didn't lose 5 pounds in 3 days because of food related ventures. Your weight can shift 3-5 pounds give or take depending on what you wear, how much you have eaten recently, and your current bowel movement process.

any tips on GOOD food to eat? i dont want to eat what i dont like. plz help! good low cal food sugestions plz.
    They make low calorie substitutes for just about anything, I'd have to get a better idea about foods you like.

I find most of the time body weight is generally genetics. I eat four times the amount of my ex-girlfriend in calories and I only weigh about 125 (Underweight for a 21 year old obviously) and she is shorter than me and weights well over 200.

I'll give some advice that my friend told me. NEVER SNORT FUN DIP! Dumb huh? I didn't do it, but he had a bloody nose afterwords. In all truth, he says his friends dared him to. I asked them if that was true, and they said they told him not to. There's a little bedtime story for you, hope you enjoyed.
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

good advice.
    and i like chicken... im not big. im 5'2" and i have slightly larger thighs... and other places i dont want to say. my mom likes to joke and say she knows where my weight went.
    i was completely unable to eat for 3 days. barely keeping down water. i had the same things on (washed oc).
    so... food to stay away from in general? i know fatty and usually a ton of carbs... what else?
    For the best book recommendations!

FC: 4167-5603-4051
    Gotta have one for me and one for one of my best friends on here!

~credit to Astral Shadow for buttons
    ~credit to CrystalNinetales for the userbar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambree View Post
    good advice.
    and i like chicken... im not big. im 5'2" and i have slightly larger thighs... and other places i dont want to say. my mom likes to joke and say she knows where my weight went.
    i was completely unable to eat for 3 days. barely keeping down water. i had the same things on (washed oc).
    so... food to stay away from in general? i know fatty and usually a ton of carbs... what else?
    not trying to be mean, but, your 5'2" and you weigh 200? Hmm....

I weigh 195 and Im 6'1 1/2" Everything hurts you some way. Like fruits, they are mostly healthy, but the acids are terrible. My biology teacher told us some fruit that had a certain chemical in it that made you gain weight. Besides, you can eat bad if you exercise right. I know a guy that ate eggs, sausage, burgers, all this greasy stuff, mostly protein, but he worked out, and he was muscled up. Id just exercise
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

Any tips on how not to be nervous/timid?

It feels like everytime I open my mouth(or talk to someone) ill get in trouble or something.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Quote Originally Posted by Shayminlover123 View Post
    Any tips on how not to be nervous/timid?

It feels like everytime I open my mouth(or talk to someone) ill get in trouble or something.
    For meeting new people or with anyone?
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario95 View Post
    For meeting new people or with anyone?
    Anyone.(I'm a guy who tries to act normal but can't when others are around)
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Quote Originally Posted by Shayminlover123 View Post
    Anyone.(I'm a guy who tries to act normal but can't when others are around)
    Hmm.. well every person has his own kind of personality, opinions, way of thinking etc. Try to find something that you can talk about asking question about his/her likes, their experiences, and many more. Also try to be interested of the topic in everything that you hear from any person, You can able to find something that you like. but don't worry by the time passes you will be better, It's all about human development, maturity and having confidence. Still ask to the people who have more faith and that always will be there to help you, like your parents, I think parents is the best solution.

I was in those kind of situations when I was younger, but I know the reason of why. Since I was born, I had a problem with my pronunciation since I started to talk when I was 4 years. everytime that I talked, I pronounce the words bad, and my friends don't understand me so I was very timid in that time, but since by the time passes and gain maturity. I get better and finally I can interact with other people. But still I'm sometimes timid, mostly with girls on the same age as I'm.

If you still have doubts, I can help you in anytime
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

I need help. I befriended a girl at the beginning of the semester. She turned out really nice, giving me cookies before I went to my second class one day, and made plans with me on Valentine's Day. Since this Thursday, I was hoping to go meet her family today. However, whenever I texted her once on Friday and once today, me asking her about hanging out, she ignored me. I felt that I was my Asperger's Syndrome that kicked in where I am moving a bit too fast whenever I talked to her. I know that whenever something good happens to me such as doing something with a girl, I tend to tell about it like crazy and that's like a huge problem with me when it comes to being around girls. Would it be a good idea if I waited until Tuesday to talk to her? My dad told me that it will be a good idea if she brought up about what happened Saturday, along with her just being any ordinary girl. I am extremely worried that I might end a friendship by being this way where I am acting a bit too fast and begin to think that I am only good at screwing things up...
    Last edited by Cipher_Admin; 3rd February 2013 at 6:28 AM.

Page 134 of 172 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast