Page 138 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 4314

Thread: The Official Advice Thread

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    -snip-

Thank you, a lot. I wasn't entirely sure, and although my mother could have probably told me all that, she wouldn't have anyways.

My stomach's starting to feel better, and this is my second day without puking. Longest I've went without puking in about 4 weeks now. I'm hoping I can continue to keep stuff down, and I'm sure this extra sleep is helping. The voices have yet to return, too, which is a great sign.
    I got decent marks on my report card, worst mark was a C+ in Gym because of my sprained wrist. Makes me really happy, especially with French. I've always considered it my worst subject, and I got an A+ in it. My next concern is Math, because I'm usually really good at math, but my marks this term were lower. I got a 1 on my math test, which made me feel really stupid, because I think the main reason for that was me sitting at my desk with my hands over my ears the entire time. When my hands weren't covering my ears, I could hear every breath, every movement in the room, everything, and I could hear the evil voices, too. I really want to try my hardest to get better marks for the third and final term.

hopefully the voices you say you could hear were just an auditory hallucination caused by physical illness and lack of sleep, not a mental issue. the fact they've gone away is promising and i hope they stay that way.

regarding grades, congrats on the good ones and don't worry too much about the worse ones. you've got plenty of time to improve and i'm sure you will if you keep at it
    i don't want to live through winter
    i can't stand to see everything ending

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    hopefully the voices you say you could hear were just an auditory hallucination caused by physical illness and lack of sleep, not a mental issue. the fact they've gone away is promising and i hope they stay that way.

regarding grades, congrats on the good ones and don't worry too much about the worse ones. you've got plenty of time to improve and i'm sure you will if you keep at it
    Yeah, my therapist said that one of the symptoms from lack of sleep is hearing voices, so I'm almost certain that's what it was. He also told me about the different mental illness' it could be, and they sounded a little scary actually.

We played Volleyball at Gym. I used to suck last year in middle school when it comes to serving the ball or not noticing it coming to me and people yell at me and it made me rage before. But this year, I notice that I'm getting better slightly when it comes to serving or at least trying to hit the ball to the opposing side and I got less frustrated.

But my problem is like I still get scared and scolded for how I serve the ball when it comes to me or when it missed me like 4 turns, and I get scolded for it, even if I was giving advice to my teammate since he didn't serve right. I tried serving against the sophmores and I served the wrong way when I was not even thinking straight in terms of my fear. I know that some aren't mean yet some take it that seriously.

So... what should I do? And yes, I'm a freshman. We played against another freshman team but my teacher decided to do sophmores now.
    Last edited by Quilava42; 17th February 2013 at 2:21 AM.

Well, for serving in volleyball, I find it easier to hit the ball with the front of your writs. It's a flat surface so you should have better control over where the ball goes. Also, don't be afraid to hit too hard. Chances are someone of the opposing team will run for it and mess up. You could try practicing at home or a gym. Sometimes people are just not as good as something as others.

If all else fails, remember, it's just gym. Ask your teachers to make up grades in a different way if you feel so bad about it. My old school let me train in the weight room. As long as your moving, they shouldn't have a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Well, for serving in volleyball, I find it easier to hit the ball with the front of your writs. It's a flat surface so you should have better control over where the ball goes. Also, don't be afraid to hit too hard. Chances are someone of the opposing team will run for it and mess up. You could try practicing at home or a gym. Sometimes people are just not as good as something as others.

If all else fails, remember, it's just gym. Ask your teachers to make up grades in a different way if you feel so bad about it. My old school let me train in the weight room. As long as your moving, they shouldn't have a problem with it.
    My teacher just grades me for effort and clothes. I like to participate when it comes to exercising my body but it's just how I preform in sports. And I felt kind of good when I helped my team win with my serves from 10-18 and the home team was at 9. And we won. But now, it's like if I'm slipping a bit. And yeah, I hit too hard and sometimes when I serve with my fingers cupped as a fist by underhand, I twist it unintentionally and it flies in the wrong way.
    Last edited by Quilava42; 17th February 2013 at 2:47 AM.

what do you mean by serving wrong? i was never good at the over-head serves so i just hit it out of my open palm from like wasit / chest level, which should be acceptable (i was totally gun at it, they were better than most people's overhead serves). you can serve them really low and barely go over the net which makes them hard to reach.
    i don't want to live through winter
    i can't stand to see everything ending

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    what do you mean by serving wrong? i was never good at the over-head serves so i just hit it out of my open palm from like wasit / chest level, which should be acceptable (i was totally gun at it, they were better than most people's overhead serves). you can serve them really low and barely go over the net which makes them hard to reach.
    Serving wrong as in serving the wrong angle. I do underhand mainly.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilava42 View Post
    Serving wrong as in serving the wrong angle. I do underhand mainly.
    Personally, when I serve, I like to take my time with it. Not so much time that my classmates like to get annoyed, but enough time to get a careful aim. I like to visualize where the ball will go. I also aim only a little to the other side of the court.

Though I'm no good at sports, at least serving was something I could do at a relatively average level, so...

Sorry for changing the topic back to me again, as I hate being the center of attention, but:

Another problem I had that I discussed with the therapist is selflessness. It's strange that it's a bad thing about me, but it is. This is from the therapist's mouth, not my own. I care about others way too much, to the point that I sometimes don't care about myself at all. This, he believes, is another cause for some of my problems. I get involved in things I don't need to be involved in, and put others well being over my own. It's not a bad thing usually, but in my case, it's a terrible thing.

Quote Originally Posted by soraandkairi1999 View Post
    Sorry for changing the topic back to me again, as I hate being the center of attention, but:

Another problem I had that I discussed with the therapist is selflessness. It's strange that it's a bad thing about me, but it is. This is from the therapist's mouth, not my own. I care about others way too much, to the point that I sometimes don't care about myself at all. This, he believes, is another cause for some of my problems. I get involved in things I don't need to be involved in, and put others well being over my own. It's not a bad thing usually, but in my case, it's a terrible thing.
    I've experienced a bit of that myself. Often going to far to help others and forgetting myself. A good idea is to spend a short time each day doing something just for you, weather it be something you enjoy, or making something for yourself (knitting, painting, DIY, something you can feel proud of)
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Me again, with yet another problem. I'm really messed up, if you couldn't already tell.

I went to the park next to the lake about a kilometer away from my house. I went with my mother and step-father, my two puppies, my younger sister, my aunt and my 4 year old cousin. I had a lot of fun, but I came back, and as soon as I stepped in the door, I threw up. Wasn't feeling sick before hand, just an instant puke. On top of that, on my way home when I was walking ahead of the group, I started hearing the voices again. It can't be sleep - I've had more sleep the past three days than what I've had all month. I need to tell my parents, but I can't force myself to, especially with my cousin here.

Me again, with yet another problem. I'm really messed up, if you couldn't already tell.

I went to the park next to the lake about a kilometer away from my house. I went with my mother and step-father, my two puppies, my younger sister, my aunt and my 4 year old cousin. I had a lot of fun, but I came back, and as soon as I stepped in the door, I threw up. Wasn't feeling sick before hand, just an instant puke. On top of that, on my way home when I was walking ahead of the group, I started hearing the voices again. It can't be sleep - I've had more sleep the past three days than what I've had all month. I need to tell my parents, but I can't force myself to, especially with my cousin here.
    Definitly tell your parents, no matter who is there.
    SPECULATION TIME!!!!!!!!!!

Days Left (including today): 82

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Definitly tell your parents, no matter who is there.
    I'm crying non-stop right now, and going down there like this is going to scare my cousin, and I don't want to do that. I'll wait for him to leave, I guess.

My stomach's hurting really bad now, too.

I'm crying non-stop right now, and going down there like this is going to scare my cousin, and I don't want to do that. I'll wait for him to leave, I guess.

My stomach's hurting really bad now, too.
    Come on, don't cry . Get your parents to come to you somehow.
    SPECULATION TIME!!!!!!!!!!

Days Left (including today): 82

Covering my ears seems to stop them for a few minutes, I don't want to speak with anyone right now. I'll wait for my cousin to leave and for me to calm down.

Covering my ears seems to stop them for a few minutes, I don't want to speak with anyone right now. I'll wait for my cousin to leave and for me to calm down.
    If covering your ears stops them, try instead some music? Something calm and soothing in some head phones might help relax/calm down. Also eat some bread.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    If covering your ears stops them, try instead some music? Something calm and soothing in some head phones might help relax/calm down. Also eat some bread.
    The bread made me puke more. I really need to see a doctor soon T_T

Indeed, bread is a very good food for feeling ill normally >.<

I really need to see a doctor soon T_T
    Sounds like you need to go now.

It sounds like you can't keep food down anymore which goes along with what I described earlier. I know some people who wait it out for 24 hours because they think it's a stomach virus, but I'd advise against that if you feel any of the following: (1) Sharp (higher then a 5 out of 10) consistent pain in your stomach (2) You immediately vomit when you drink water (3) You feel very cold (you actually have a fever). If it lasts longer then a day even without those symptoms you need to go anyway. Persistent Vomiting / Stomach Pain can mean a number of things in women and that can only be diagnosed for certain by a doctor. I can only tell you the warning signs to look out for.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Sounds like you need to go now.

It sounds like you can't keep food down anymore which goes along with what I described earlier. I know some people who wait it out for 24 hours because they think it's a stomach virus, but I'd advise against that if you feel any of the following: (1) Sharp (higher then a 5 out of 10) consistent pain in your stomach (2) You immediately vomit when you drink water (3) You feel very cold (you actually have a fever). If it lasts longer then a day even without those symptoms you need to go anyway. Persistent Vomiting / Stomach Pain can mean a number of things in women and that can only be diagnosed for certain by a doctor. I can only tell you the warning signs to look out for.
    That's... really scary because I'm currently feeling all of those symptoms. I guess it's time to tell my parents. Thank you.

I hope you don't take this as me being rude but I've read your posts and if what you say is really true, you need to get off the internet and go to the doctor. Puking for 4 weeks straight is way out of the norm for any type of stomach virus and very detrimental to your health. Especially if you can't keep water down since that can cause dehydration and worst case scenario you die.

As far as waiting for your cousin to leave, don't. Just go ask your mom/dad if she/he can come talk to you in private. If what you say is true, then you're only harming yourself by waiting to go to the doctor. There is no point in posting here asking for advice because none of us are medical doctors and even if we were, we can't diagnose someone over the internet.

And I advise any 'medical doctors' from trying to do so.
    Follow me on Twitter or Tumblr~

The sharp feeling in my stomach goes from the bottom of my stomach up to the top of my throat. I spoke to my mother, and she said that the soonest we'll be able to go to the doctor is Tuesday. I don't know what to do, now. I guess I should go tell her about the voices, too. I'm really upset with her, because she's thinking she can just get some medicine from the neighbours and that'll make me feel fine. I don't have anything else to say other than thank you, everyone. I'll post back here when I have another update, I guess.

The sharp feeling in my stomach goes from the bottom of my stomach up to the top of my throat. I spoke to my mother, and she said that the soonest we'll be able to go to the doctor is Tuesday. I don't know what to do, now. I guess I should go tell her about the voices, too. I'm really upset with her, because she's thinking she can just get some medicine from the neighbours and that'll make me feel fine. I don't have anything else to say other than thank you, everyone. I'll post back here when I have another update, I guess.
    I would go to the emergency room if its that bad. As for the voices, try thinking them away.

Also, don't take any medicine she gets from these neighbors. Taking anything not prescribed to you can lead to undesirable effects.

Page 138 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast